Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ophidian Vale

Go down 
+6
Sairei
CrystalDragoness
FlowerFox
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Derkal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ophidian Vale - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Well, I'm kind of just going with everything. Tenebris just shot a plasma bolt near Sal to thaw him out, but it was more because he didn't have much of a choice. He's probably going to insult Sal multiple times when he recovers.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:52 am

And Sal will eat him. Wink

Prussian, um, the islands are in the middle of a storm right now. There really is no moonlight.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:57 am

Naloma's here...

Better play nice little draggies!
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:02 am

Perfect time to introduce my last dragon.

Also Vipes/Op, is the language you guys are using just gibberish?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:20 am

No, it's apparently "The dragon language" which is a translator (Look up Draconic translator on google).

I have raised the point that it's a very old language, which would make sense as very few Ambassador dragons (As I have decided to call them) come to the surface. Showing that they are an extremely ancient breed.

The language on the surface world is now all but unheard of. Few had gone through the effort to learn the language.

And to nake sure no one has a clue what I'm saying, I eventhrow in a few extra words from TES series such as "Su'um Ahrk Morah...", which is a goodbye saying in Skyrim's dragon language that means "What will you burn..."

I may add a bit more later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:23 am

Okay, is it cool is Sal knows the language, since he travels all around and stuff? He'll know a lot of different languages.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:31 am

He had better be either from the center of the earth, or has been studyin the language for a long while.

Seriously though, thats two people who know the language. Thats a third of the the people now. 33%. Any more will be rejected for realistic purposes.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:35 am

Then I won't let Sal learn it but let Boreas know it, since he's 900 years old and lives in the frozen north. Is that cool?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:37 am

Im fine with whichever, just choose wisely.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:48 am

Um, Op, we're not even on Earth, we're in a different universe called Ophidian Vale, you know that right?
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:02 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
Prussian, um, the islands are in the middle of a storm right now. There really is no moonlight.
My bad.

Wow, who would have enough time on their hands to create a Dragon Language Translator?

Probably someone like me, who actually created an alien language of my own back in RG.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:14 am

Earth and earth are different things.

Regardless, tell me with a straight face that, that isnt a nitpick, Dark.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 am

I might have misunderstood.

That isn't a nitpick Op.

Ophidian Vale - Page 6 Tumblr_lhpqx6EXLQ1qhfmrto1_500
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:47 am

I thought you hated Squidward.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:58 am

I do. But I just had to post that.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:05 am

Darkel wrote:
I do. But I just had to post that.

YOU HATE SQUIDWARD?????

Ophidian Vale - Page 6 H256DD68C
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:09 am

Ophidian Vale - Page 6 0s4w6sb6l3
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:12 am

@Maxx: It's a very, very, very long story...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Anyways, Sal is treating Naloma as a joke, as he doesn't take her cultists seriously. I'm working on my last character, another jungle guy for the islands who will be the leader of a hunting pack of velociraptor-like dragons. Grox, do you think you could add as section in the OP to describe different regions of the Vale? I'd like to describe the Southern Islands better.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 pm

my new character:

Name: Pinao Nyoka

appearance: Pinao is what is known as a Black Jungle Wyvern. He is a medium-sized dragon, being about 40 feet long and 20 feet tall, as he is bipedal. About a third of Pinao’s body is his long, serpentine tail. Pinao’s body is serpentine, and is covered in small, round dark olive (almost black) feathers that look like scales. His head is shaped like an emerald tree python’s, and is also covered in feathers. On the top of Pinao’s head is a high crest of scarlet feathers which looks kind of like a mohawk crossed with a rooster’s crest, which folds down flat when he isn’t excited. Pinao’s mouth is wide, and is accented by two large, sharp, pearly fangs which fold to the roof of his mouth when it’s closed or he’s talking. Joka is technically a wyvern, though this is debatable as he has arms, technically speaking. Pinao has a pair of thin arms that end in three-clawed hands, however his arms are conjoined to his wings, meaning that he has both arms and wings in the same structure. Basically, he has wings with an extra bend (the elbow) and hands at the middle tip of them, like the Canopy Dragon from Dragon Cave. Pinao has a pair of legs as well, which are shaped like a velociraptor’s and end in feet with a hook claw, which he uses for catching prey. His legs are also covered in the same dark olive feathers. At the tip of Pinao’s tail, there is a plume of scarlet feathers which are fan shaped and are used in his species’ courtship dances.

personality: Pinao and jungles wyverns in general are rather hot-headed and full of themselves. They kind of rule over the other creatures in the Southern Islands as a sort of gang. Pinao is like the gang leader, though he’s slightly different. Unlike most pack leaders in the Islands who attack anything that doesn’t bow to them, Pinao is much nicer. He sees himself more as a vigilante or a police officer than a gangster. Normally he has a strong sense of justice, and will protect the weak, though has no love for the strong and rich. Think of him as the dragon Robin Hood; a criminal who brings justice. Though he still isn’t the nicest fellow and has a short fuse, Pinao can be nice and gentle when he feels like it. Pinao, however, has a very large ego. He thinks that he is the most important person in the Ophidian Vale. Insult him and it will be the last thing you ever do. He is a curious wyvern, as well as being very smart and knowledgeable about things in the island. His favorite part of the islands is on Welawai, an island dotted with geysers. This is where his pack is stationed, and where he keeps his cave.

powers: Pinao is a force to be reckoned with. Pinao by himself is kind of normal and unimpressive. He can fly at about 100 mph, an average dragon speed, and can run about 80 mph on his clawed feet. However, don’t think that you can outrun Pinao. You see, Pinao has a magical ability which allows him to move short distances (max 100 yards) at the speed of sound without becoming injured, though he cannot do this multiple times without resting. Pinao’s fire isn’t that impressive either, but he has a pair of deadly poisonous fangs which can paralyze prey in about one minute. Once bitten by Pinao, the only known cure is Notus’ healing magic or the fruit of the Ola plant, a rare plant thought to be extinct whose fruit can cure any ailment. However, Ola plants haven’t been seen in the Ophidian Vale in centuries, and are thought to be extinct. Pinao has another trait that makes him a powerful and dangerous enemy; he has his own entourage. Pinao controls a pack of about fifteen other Black Jungle Wyverns who follow his every command. The others are unable to fly at supersonic speeds, and their bite isn’t as poisonous, but they’re still very dangerous and adept at fighting. A major issue when fighting any Black Jungle Wyvern is their hook claw; once the hook claw burrows into something’s flesh, it will not let go unless that wyvern releases it.

other: Flame. I will describe the Black Jungle Wyverns later.

Oh, and this is Pinao’s theme song; (this song will play if you insult him)
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Maxx, don't go overkill with this gang of dragons, just a warning ahead of time. The island where Arbora lives is supposed to be a friendly, close-knit community, so when you introduce them, it shouldn't be like they've always been terrorizing it. You could have given me a bit of a warning, because I suspect my own character will get caught up in this.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Darkel wrote:
I might have misunderstood.

That isn't a nitpick Op.

Then I dont now why you bothered asking that, considering the RP is named what the place is called. I'm not an idiot, you know. I use proxies to get idiots for me.
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Hey guys. I'm on a mini vacation right now, so I'm not going to be as active. Internet is a little iffy here, but I'll still post when I get the chance. Smile
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Grox, I was going to ask if you could help me with a sub plot with Albus and Tenebris. I want Albus to be kidnapped and held prisoner somewhere, but I don't want him to be tortured or killed. Keep in mind, though, that Tenebris will do everything in his power to get his brother back, and he doesn't care who he hurts in the process. Would you help me with this?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:12 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Maxx, don't go overkill with this gang of dragons, just a warning ahead of time. The island where Arbora lives is supposed to be a friendly, close-knit community, so when you introduce them, it shouldn't be like they've always been terrorizing it. You could have given me a bit of a warning, because I suspect my own character will get caught up in this.

There's a lot of islands vipes, and Pinao's gang are basically good guys. And not all islands have a gang. If you want, I'm making a list of islands. You can describe Arbora's and pm the description if you'd like. However, give your island an Asian, Hawaiian, or tropical name, as most of the islands will be named in those languages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ophidian Vale
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next