Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ophidian Vale

Go down 
+6
Sairei
CrystalDragoness
FlowerFox
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Derkal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ophidian Vale - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:20 am

Well, the best way to post longer paragraphs is to imagine yourself as your character. The best way to do this is to give the character something similar to your own personality, so you can relate to them on a certain level, although you don't need to copy it. Once you do that, you can go and write down their thought process, like weighing pro's and con's, or maybe generally how they feel towards something. That's how you make characters realistic, as well as increase the length of your post.'

EDIT: Maxx, Albus is nothing like his brother, and if you insult him, it's more likely he'll break down and cry, he's not insulting like Tenebris, but he can be pretty reckless. I also don't like smack talk in OOC, because I get attached to the characters I make, and the whole point is that Albus is young, and he'll start to grow, and gain more abilities. So he might not be bite-sized for very long. Tenebris is a little over 150, so he won't grow any larger, but Albus is only 8, and I intend for him to surpass his big brother in size.
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 am

Thanks for the advice, Vipes. =)

I plan to add another character sometime soon, if it's not too late. His name is Danny; one of Crystal's potential lovers. He'll come to Ophidian Vale searching her, but how he finds out that she's there is yet to be explained. Razz
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:36 am

Vipera, he won't grow in the next five minutes. I'm not talking smack; I'm being real. Sending a dragon a little larger than an iguana to fly into a tower full of forty foot long behemoths was a very bad call. Plus, these guys aren;t comic book villains; they won't bother arresting him and will probably skip right to killing.

Just my opinion, but I'd get Albus the heck out before someone kills him.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:42 am

Maxx, I don't intend for Albus to die, and if you attack him, chances are that he's going to unleash a flash of light and escape, and burn out the corneas of several dragons in the process. He's supposed to be reckless and get himself into a bunch of trouble, and he isn't even insulting your character, to begin with. He's stating what he believes, and speaking your mind isn't the same as trying to hurt someone's feelings.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Maxx, I don't intend for Albus to die, and if you attack him, chances are that he's going to unleash a flash of light and escape, and burn out the corneas of several dragons in the process. He's supposed to be reckless and get himself into a bunch of trouble, and he isn't even insulting your character, to begin with. He's stating what he believes, and speaking your mind isn't the same as trying to hurt someone's feelings.

Vipera, that's like if I ran up to Kim Jong Un and yelled at him saying that he shouldn't threaten to nuke the US. Speaking your mind is perfectly fine when the people you're talking about aren't warhungry undead dragon ladies who are fifty times your size and really don't like you. Basically, you just flew into Naloma (the bad guy's) home, and tried to get in her way. That is not going to end well. It really wasn't your best idea. I mean, I'm not trying to insult you or you character, but playing the hero card only helps you when your enemies don't want to kill you on the spot.
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:47 am

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:47 am

Maxx, I always have a backup plan, to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:52 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Maxx, I always have a backup plan, to begin with.

So did General Custer. He died with several hundred other Americans in the Battle of Little Bighorn.

Vipera, I'm not trying to threaten you, but this is roleplaying, and none of the characters on the bad side are exactly nice fellows. I can't just let my character stand by and let him go just because he's a little kid. I'm just saying that it wasn't your best idea to send a dragon the size of an iguana in to defend someone from an army of undead titans.

EDIT: However, I am not going to kill him myself, as killing a character on page 8 of the IC is a jerk move, and Sal has no real reason to. However, in the future, I would personally advise against doing that.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 2:00 am

Maxx, Albus is tiny and very young, but he's also got a lot of abilities to balance out his size, and he's supposed to gain even more over time. His abilities don't help him so much in fighting, as in getting away. Besides, I intend for him to get captured, to begin with, so I had to make him do something incredibly stupid. He'll do that the first time, but he'll know better the next.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Maxx, Albus is tiny and very young, but he's also got a lot of abilities to balance out his size, and he's supposed to gain even more over time. His abilities don't help him so much in fighting, as in getting away. Besides, I intend for him to get captured, to begin with, so I had to make him do something incredibly stupid. He'll do that the first time, but he'll know better the next.

Okay. Suit yourself.

Also Grox, did you see/approve Gahrak's sheet?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 am

I don't think I saw that sheet, either.

Also, please note, one thing that will probably never vanish is the fact that Albus can't stay angry for prolonged periods, and he's extremely curious. He'll drive you mad with questions, though, because an older dragon would probably wonder who was educating him, since there's a lot of gaps. Ask a math question, though, and you'll see Albus is advanced beyond the levels of his age.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 pm

CrystalDragoness wrote:

LOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 pm

I'll admit it, that actually made me laugh a little.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:33 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=lH616LkTaW0&feature=endscreen

T_T
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Darkel wrote:
ViperaUnion wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=lH616LkTaW0&feature=endscreen

T_T
*Le gasp* That's a waste of perfectly good food! ='(
I couldn't do that for 1 million views. Not when people all around the world are starving.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Hey Crystal, I noticed you wanted to get Danny into this RP...

I do have a suggestion for how he gets to Ophidian Vale. Laddy goes over to Elementopia Valley to announce Crystal's disappearance. Danny wanted to go try and rescue Crystal, so Laddy agreed to do the same procedure with the teleportation device, so as to send him over there.

Just my idea though, if you have anything better...
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Flower, you once again out-best my ideas. Smile
And thanks for getting me involved in this RP; I'm having a great time.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:12 pm

And there's so much more to come! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Aww yea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Dark, is Gahrak accepted?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Yes. I haven't gotten that sheet added in yet, what page was it again?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:37 pm

I was temporarily away from the keyboard, but I am now back.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:47 am

Um....not sure. lemme check.

However first I'll do an intro post.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Er... StheT? Didn't you already make that post? Or is that a glitch? I'm pretty sure you made that exact same post earlier...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ophidian Vale
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next