Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."

Go down 
+4
ViperaUnion
Mr Allen J
The Stalker of Shadows
JunkMail
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." Empty
PostSubject: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:35 pm

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." Zombie_banner

Isaiah 26: 'When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.'

My name is Nick. But nobody calls me that. I dont really want anyone to either.

Everyone just calls me Tar, which is which is a complicated form of play-on words. I used to love dinosaurs as a little kid, and people find fossils in tar all the time. Some kid brought it up, and it just kind of stuck. But finding dead things isn't what it used to be anymore. Now it's a choice that will always lead to some form of death at one point of another. Whether that death is yours, your buddy's, or something else's is up the to decisions you make.

Back when the world was sane and had hope. When it wasn't fully of chaos and destruction. When the dead were just that, I lived in a medium sized neighborhood with two brothers, a mom and a dad, a dog, and several kids. Most of them were one or two years younger than me, a few little kids, the usual. But I was the oldest kid around. people saw me as a leader in a way. The guy they could turn to in a sticky situation. I never let this thought go to my head, but being the big shot was nice.

I now know it was a cruel joke by fate. To be given all of this, only to have it snatched away. I couldn't save anyone. I'm only alive right now because of my dad, who was the only one he helped me get this far. Gave me a gun, taught me to hunt. He helped me learn everything he did when he was in the military. He wasn't a marine. He was actually the C.O. or his squadron. Been in the military for several years. He taught me bits and pieces before. How to use a gun and shoot. When its right to use deadly force. But that was it. This was the real deal. Either you live or you die.

He taught me a lot in the past year.

I'm glad he didn't go out from the horde. He went out kicking in a raid. He woke me up that night, got me ready, and grabbed all necessities. We were outnumbered, ten to one. We took out a few before he was shot in the back. He went down, but took out the one who shot him. I defended him, dragging him to cover and having him help me take anyone who poped from cover out.

When all was said and done, he wasn't going to make it. He gave me his badge, and had me take his life by his pistol as he didn't want to become one of... them. A Glock-22, to be exact. I still remember what he said to me before I did it.

'Watching the world burn and crumble beneath me, I wondered what was to become with all of this. What was there to look forward to? Death? Contempt that we had survived while so many others died? Whichever the answer, I wish not to know. I only know that it is a cruel joke that an old man like me survived while so many women and children have perished. But that's all passed us now. Keep living, because I'm not letting you stay wherever we go if you die. I'm proud of you.'

I met others along the way. Some good, some bad. But I'm still kicking. I'm still breathing. I'm still shooting my Glock. And I'm not infected. When I ran out of bullets, I made the infected wish we had 'em.

I will survive this hell.

And whatever days may come after that.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rules-

1. No godmodding, flaming, or overpowered characters. You aren't a superhero nor an alien from the future. Not even both.
2, You can't start with an overkillish weapon, and you have to ask me if you want to find it lying about in a laundromat somewhere. Such weapons like rocket launchers, grenade launchers, catapults, miniguns, HMGs, nuclear missiles, and tanks. I don't want too many full-auto weapons either, so only if your character is a military vet or something.
3. Usage of gore is permitted. Be aware that there will be some mature themes in the RP.
4. Romance and sexery is permitted but some people prefer you don't describe acts of sexual intercourse. Fade into black when necessary.
5. At the very least one paragraph per post, please. If you do one liners I will give you a warning. Do it again and you will be removed. Dialogue doesn't count in that paragraph.
6. Use some grammar. Don't Talk Like This, and you should use proper capitalization and punctuation, because I am a Spelling Soviet.
7. Realism. If you get hit by a truck, you die. If you are shot in the face, you die. If you get bitten by a zombie you are going to turn into a zombie.
8. All Roleplex rules apply.
9. I can kill your character whenever I please so don't break any of these rules.
10. Put 'WWZ' at the very bottom of your character sheet if you actually read the rules.

Character Skelly-

Name: (Nothing derpy like Snufflufagus)
Age: (Nothing under 10 or over 70 unless it's a special case)
Physical Description: (You can use a description or a picture. Your choice.)
Personality: (Derp)
Biography: (You don't really have to do a whole lot for this one. Things like family, important events, past jobs)
Weaponry: (You can have a main weapon, a sidearm(1-2 depending on melee number) and a melee (1-2 depending on side arm number), nothing more than 4 on your person at a time. If you're going to have an assault rifle or any kind of machine gun, make your character have a reason to have one. A twelve year old's not going to have a chaingun for no reason.)
Other Equipment: (Anything that isn't a weapon. Pets, cars, etc, are counted as equipment. Please, no more than ten items, and make sure one of those ten are things used to hold the other nine/eight/ whatever. Weapons dont count, but ammo/extra clips do.)
Family(?): (This is fairly obvious)
Other: (Anything else?)

Zombie Information-

First hour systems:
Vomiting, nausea, and blurred vision and hearing. Area around the bite is greenish and swollen.

Third hour symptoms:
Weak muscle spasms, slight numbness, and loss of balance. Slight muscle aches. Victim usually has pale or yellowish skin.

Seventh hour symptoms:
Violent but infrequent muscle spasms, intense back pain, bloody vomit, nosebleeds and hemorrhaging. Victim has extremely slowed reflexes up to one and a half seconds.

Twelfth hour symptoms:
Coma.

Twenty-fourth hour symptoms:
Death.

Stage I-

By this time the virus has killed the brain. It moves slowly and jerkily, but it basically adopts the host as it's new body. The virus will use prey as a way to pass the virus on. Sometimes, under certain conditions, rotting can be sped up. Creating a horrifying bloated zombie that is highly explosive. At this time, zombies will use the host's sensory and motor organs to do it's bidding.

Zombies are incredibly simple-minded, comparable only to certain primitive bacteria. They do not attempt to avoid hazards or obstacles at all. Once they spot prey they will walk straight towards it, even if there is a massive canyon or a pizza oven in front of them. They cannot feel pain, which makes them both more and less dangerous depending on the situation. Usually in human beings, muscles aren't used to their full potential to prevent damage. Zombies don't have this, and since zombies can't heal, a zombie that is chasing a slow victim for an unusually long time might keel over, unable to use their legs. Zombies will seldom find a path around objects, only stumble over them. They will always try to climb to a target higher than them, even if it's 90 degrees straight up.

Stage II (2 weeks)
At this point zombies have basic, insect-level intelligence with modules such as trial and error and path-finding. This allows them to move quicker, smoother, and more deliberately. They will attempt to avoid obstacles such as fast running water, high falls or fire, but if they can't see a path around it they will still go straight through it. They also do not make idling noises.
~~~~

The zombie's bite will cause infection. The virus will secrete a slimy mucus containing spores of the infectious creature, which must be consumed or enter the bloodstream to have effect.

Zombies will track their prey mainly by scent. Odors like sweat, urine, feces, blood or other hormones will draw them in for miles. The reason they won't turn on eachother and have a cannibalistic murder party is the smell of the corpse itself. It can be smelled by humans, a musky odor like a mix of sulfur and gasoline, or just rotting flesh. Sounds attract them as well. The zombie's ear is highly sensitive, and it will be drawn to loud noises, especially those of a higher pitch. They seem to ignore deep noises like car engines or explosions. They rely on sight very minimally, but it will still use it to help it track. Their sense of taste and touch are completely defunct. They can shrug off a shot to anywhere but the head (In which case they die).

The undead will often congregate into hordes, though this isn't on purpose. They will all be drawn to a common source. When one of them spots prey, it will scream or moan, depending on the host's original voice. This will draw in more zombies, which then scream, untill it starts a chain reaction that can possibly draw thousands or even millions of them to a single yelp or hiccup.

Fighting Zombies-

With the right skills, one can become a very successful zombie fighter. They have a single weak spot: the head. A large blunt object, or a heavy sharp one, or a bullet will finish them fairly quick. Anywhere else, and they will still pose a threat. Even if you shoot them in the face they will still be dangerous.

Many things that would normally kill a human; drowning, electricity, space, freezing, fire, bleeding out or even being torn right in half will do nothing but impede a zombie. In the first stage of it's life, the virus is anaerobic: it doesn't need oxygen so it metabolizes in the manner of yeast, which is one reason why they are so slow. Fire makes it possibly more dangerous- it takes a good part of an hour to burn through the skull and during that time it's a living torch, setting fire to everything it touches. If you want to burn a zombie to death, use a crematory oven or a proper military grade flamethrower. Neither of which are very good weapons.

(Of course, your character knowing ALL of this stuff from the start would be metagaming. Besides the basic 'Shoot/hit at skull', the rest has to be found out.)

Accepted Character Sheets-

TheOperator

Name: Nick (Tar)

Physical Description:
About 5'7 and quickly growing, fair skinned Caucasian male. He has grayish-green eyes and weighs about a hundred and thirteen pounds. He is rather lean individual, but is also wiry with muscle easily strong enough to lift his own weight. His hair is blond and with a few freckles running over the bridge of his noes. His average attire is gray jeans with a few rips in them, and a pure black, snug T-shirt that used to give the zombies less to grab onto. He wears a pair of black and white Adidas running shoes, and has a large combat knife used for various things (Self defense, skinning animals, etc) on his hip. He wears a gray skate hat upon his head, which is always turned backwards. His face is usually adorned with a respirator and a pair of googles, as keeping the stench of rotten flesh and the debris out of the eyes is always a good idea. On his knees are two knee pads which have come in handy in various occasions. Upon his neck is a small necklace made from a leather strip. It has a locket attached to the end, with a picture of his family and friends cut and placed into it. Despite that he isn't held back by them, he greatly misses them.

Personality:
He's a rebellious teenage boy, he eats a ton, is very active, and doesnt like to be bossed around. He tends to get angry at anyone who tells him what to do. However, if you get past this, you will find something just short of the 'genius' category in the school systems, as his IQ is off by a meer three points. He can be very nice too, willing to teach others some tricks he knows if they asked. Nick, despite his quality below, has a great amount of empathy. Caring for animals and people equally, and in the good way. However, he can be a very cynical person an is so with good reason. He did recently loose his father to people after all. One advantage over most others is that he doesn't regret taking a life if he has to or if it's his job, and wont hesitate to pull the trigger. Something few people could manage. He also seems to be unaffected by something known as post traumatic stress disorder, which almost all survivors acquire at one point or another. Nick doesnt have too much to say about himself and will usually opt out to remain silent unless speaking is a required skill, in which each word is chosen carefully. He keeps most of his information and thoughts in a small notebook.

Biography:
Of all the children who had to be born, it would have to be Nick. He's you're typical rebellious teenager, except he hates to be pampered. He is the kind of kid you'll see in the trees holding a rifle waiting for a deer to come by. When he was born, he was thought to have brain damage. This is because the umbilical cord managed to wrap itself around his neck and right arm to the point where it was purple. However, despite the odds, the kid pulled through and was born a completely healthy baby. Nick always seemed to be overly serious in nature, rarely taking jokes as a small child. His dad, who was in the military at the time, took him to the shooting range every saturday and continued to do so as long as Nick here can remember. His grandfather introduced him to hunting, and he killed his first buck at the age of eight and has been hunting ever since. After that he became quite the outdoorsman, and was hunting and fishing whenever he wasn't doing school work. While out hunting a bear he had been tracking for a while, his foot was caught in a tree branch, resulting in hims falling out of the tree he was in, and landing on a stick the pointed upward. He was impaled, and recovered after a few months of physical rehab, and has a large circular scar on his lower torso. This is not the only scar, he has several that riddle his body from hunting. He did eventually kill that bear though. He began to learn how to fight, nothing Bruce Lee, but he taught how to counter, which came in handy a few times. At the age of thirteen, he discovered parkour, and began to take the new sport incredibly seriously, as he found it very useful when hunting. However, he doesn't do the 'look at me, I'm cool' crap. He focuses on the stuff that is useful, like double stepping up walls, vaults, and falling to improve his efficiency. He has been keeping up with his arts since.

Weaponry:
Tactical knife and a G22 with a flashlight attached to the bottom. He also likes to keep a trusty crowbar him.

Knife:
CLICK ME!

G22:
CLICK ME!

Crowbar:
CLICK ME!

Other Equipment: A bike, a backpack, some water bottles, soup cans, extra ammo and clip, duck tape, flint, and a pair of hunting binoculars. (The other two are in his appearance.)

Family(?):
Mother: Deceased
Father: Deceased
Siblings: Deceased
Friends: Deceased/Unknown

Other:
If there are two things that Tar has going for him, it's the fact that he is a creative genius when it comes to killing zombies, and more importantly, he has incredible accuracy. He doesn't know how he does it, but he just has 'it' in him.
[Password Removed]

Viperaunion

Name: Rachel “Clipclop” Mira

Physical Description: Rachel stands at about 5’6” feet tall, with a thin, slender figure, and pale ivory skin. Her long thick hair, which covers much of her shoulders and upper arms, is wavy, and is a dark chocolate brown. Her oval-shaped face has a jaw line that is slightly more defined than most girls, and she has a single dimple on the left side of her face when she smiles. Her teeth, although mostly straight, are slightly yellow, and she has a slight overbite. She has extremely long, dark eyelashes, and her eyes are a dark shade of brown, almost black, giving her a doe-eyed expression. Her eyebrows are also very thick, to the point of being shaggy and un-feminine in shape. She does not have much muscular definition in her arms, but her legs are very athletic in appearance. A noticeable part of her appearance is that her upper arms are covered in a ton of small scars that appear to be the result of a rash or bug bites, as well as a few fresh sores, although she normally covers these whenever she can, and does not say how she got them when they are visible.

Her normal clothing usually consists of a plain black t-shirt, and pale grey yoga pants. Over this, Rachel will wear a somewhat thin pale grey zip-up hoodie with no designs on it; however, if the temperature is too high, she will remove it and tie it around her waist by the sleeves. She wears on her feet a pair of high-quality black running shoes with purple designs; however, they are well-worn, being the only footwear she uses, over thick white socks. On her ears she wears small pin earrings that are simple balls, but are made with real gold. She never takes these off, at any time. Since the incident with the zombies, she wears the wedding bands of her mother and father, as well as her grandmother’s ring, on a tarnished sterling silver chain, which is really fine, almost like a thin string. One ring is simply made of solid gold, while the other is gold and inlaid with diamonds. Another ring is platinum with a single diamond in the center. Due to the incredible value of these rings, she tries to hide them under her hoodie or under her shirt from others.

Personality: Rachel is easily identified as either odd, or a bit of a loner. When approached by strangers, she will initially be blunt or untrusting towards them, and she often tries to end conversations with them quickly. However, she does not actively try to be rude, and she may just seem to be unfocused, or concentrating on something else. For the most part, she does not seek out interaction with other people, and is often content with being alone. Even if she becomes friends with someone, she quickly tires of speaking with them, and will typically try to find something to do that does not involve talking. Often, trying to socialize with anyone, regardless of who they are, is considered largely taxing, and mentally exhausting. Despite this, she is capable of behaving normally, making eye contact, as well as following a topic, though she may try to change it if she dislikes it. She is also known to feel less empathy for people, sometimes seeming cold or callous, although this is unintentional, as she is unable to feel as much sympathy, and may result in feeling guilt later. Normally very serious, she does not like jokes at the expense of others, and often feels angry with herself for laughing if it’s not considered appropriate to do so. However, she does have a sense of humor, and often laughs when others do. This is made even more impressive by the fact that her own laughter is quite odd, sounding like a grunt or like a zebra, and having an infectious quality to it.

Alone, Rachel can be found extremely strange. When walking, unlike most people, who put their heel down first, she puts the front of her foot down first. When particularly trying to make a point when standing, she will not stomp her feet, but will instead tap the front of her foot, making a loud clipping noise, due to her shoes. She is also known to sometimes exhale sharply though her nose, snorting, and typically makes strange noise other than a yell when startled by something. When running in any case, regardless if she is carrying weight or not, she continues to put the front of her foot down first, and her gait, like much of her unusual tics, is found to strongly resemble a horse gallop, or skipping. She is also known when happy and by herself to giddily jump and flail about, and as a result, has received the name ‘Clipclop’ because of her strangely equine tendencies. This is further supported by the fact that she is a very fast runner that easily beats people in a race regarding speed or endurance. However, a few of her strange non-human-like actions are considered to resemble other things. When she is smelling something, she may do so in such a fashion that her sniffing produces a faint squeaking sound, similar to a rat, something that may or may not be on purpose, as she once kept one as a pet. When angry, she has a tendency to sneer, in a fashion that resembles a snarling dog. Overall, all of these behaviors are found largely unusual.

Despite all of these odd mannerisms, Rachel is extremely intelligent, knowing a wide array of facts regarding biology, physics, and science, as well as history, literature, and art, which can be surprisingly helpful at times. However, although she is smart, her speech pattern may at times seem educated, due to her tendency to speak with a rather thick southern accent and dialect, as she comes from the border between Georgia and Alabama. Her voice is considered roughly to be a slightly raspy mezzo-soprano, although she is able to speak on occasion at a pitch that sounds like a child.

Biography: Originally born in Naples, Italy, to a military family, in which her father was a petty officer in the US Navy, Rachel grew up traveling frequently, and was often cared for by her mother while her father left for months at a time on a trip to foreign countries. Despite this, she developed an extremely strong bond with both parents, and often spent much time writing letters to send to her dad, becoming excited whenever he came home, and growing very upset when he had to leave. Due to having to move to multiple military bases, Rachel was often unable to settle down in any school, and was frequently forced to deal with social problems, frequently struggling to interact with other kids, and winding up disappointed to move because of having to separate from the select few friends she made. She was also often the victim of cruel or harsh rumors, and was frequently hurt to uncover them. As a result, after her father retired and her family moved to the south, and lived there for a total of seven years, she often found herself unable to trust other people with easy, and became easy to define as a loner. Upon the beginning of the zombie invasion, both her parents, as well as her friends, were killed, Rachel only surviving because of her ability to run quickly. Coming back after they had left, Rachel was forced to perform the traumatic act of crushing her parent’s corpses with an axe to prevent them from becoming undead. She then took her parent’s wedding bands, and wore them on an old sterling silver chain to remember them. She now travels with her only companion, her pet standard poodle, Corbin.

Weaponry: Splitting Axe, Serrated Chef’s Knife, Serrated Fillet Knife

Other Equipment: Corbin (Pure-Bred Blue Standard Poodle), Orange-and Black Firewall Backpack, Gauze, Rubbing Alcohol, Cotton Balls, Band-Aids, Thermos, Dog Treats, Casting Net, Candle Lighter

Family(?):
Friends: Deceased

Other: [Password Removed]

Stalker
Name:
Keeper Smidt.

Physical Description:
Well Keeper is a white male. He is 5’3” so he’s shorter than average, but too not much. He’s not very muscular, but he’s fast on his feet and fairly nimble. Combined with his small stature and build this makes him hard to catch and able to get into small spaces most adults can’t get into. He does still have trouble getting into spaces only a child could fit in however.

In terms of the rest of his looks He’s a fairly plain guy. Not much to look at. He has blond normal length hair; however he normally keeps it colored a dark red. It’s not for any particular reason; he just likes it that way. He has hazel eyes, but they have more green than brown in them. His nose is short and narrow. His mouth is thin lipped and a bit on the pale side.

He prefers to wear loose fitting clothing, but since the Zombie outbreak he tends to try and wear tighter fitting clothing. Currently he’s wearing a pair of normal blue jean pants and a well fitting plain blue T-shirt. Over that he has a black light wind breaker on. And he has a pair of cheap Dollar Store sunglasses. And a pair of white running shoes from the store. He likes to find things cheap.

Personality:
Keeper is a good guy. He’s the guy you wouldn’t mind going out on the town with. He likes having fun when he’s not on the job. He likes to try and keep an upbeat attitude when he can. Its part of how he copes with the world the way it is now. However the occasional bout of depression isn’t unusual. Not chronic depression, things just eventually get to him. When it does he just gets all gloomy and becomes a general pessimist. He’s not as fun to0 be around then. Thankfully it takes a lot for that to happen.

However despite his Happy-Go-Lucky attitude he knows to get serious when the situation needs him to be. He’d still likely crack the occasional joke if he thinks it’s appropriate, but nothing crude or lewd. Whenever he’s depressed though he just does what is necessary and won’t talk much. This is probably for the best when he’s like that, He’d just try and bring you down.

Biography: Prior to the Zombie outbreak he owned a small restaurant. He doesn’t actually know much about cooking, but he knows a bit about how to run a business and knew he could get away with that if he hired the right people. Witch he did do. So he knows how to handle and manage both money and inventory. Not that money will probably mean much anymore.

For most of his life he’d been independent. He more or less raised himself. He did know his parents and lived with them till he was about 16. They were always busy though, so often times he had to fend for himself. It was how he learned to clean stuff and manage money. He did that whenever his parents left him some. And that was frequently. Sadly he didn’t learn to cook. He just didn’t have it in him. Thank God for frozen pizza and T.V. Dinners.

When he turned 16 he simply told his parents he wanted to move out and so they let him. As far as they were concerned he was able to take care of himself. So then he got an apartment and a part time job working at a department store. Since he doesn’t really splurge on much it was easy for him to save up money and open a saving account. It was with that money and a small loan he was able to open his restaurant.

He was planning the opening of his second restaurant when the Zombie Outbreak begun, but this time as a joint venture with his father. He’d recently reconnected with his Father, not as father and son, but more like good friends. As of the Outbreak he doesn’t know if his Father is alive or not.

Weaponry: A standard 9mm pistol. That’s his only Firearm. He also carries a crossbow and a small hunting knife. He simply bought them the week before the Zombies for a camping and hunting trip and just got lucky that he did get them.

Other Equipment:two Standard Clips.( One loaded in the Pistol), and additional extended clip , A water pack, A quiver of arrows, Two 5 Gallon Gasoline cans, A motorize Bicycle with a Bike Trailer (how else would he carry his stuff on that thing?), And a backpack for other stuff.

Family (?):

Mother: Unknown
Father: Unknown
Friends: Presumed dead.

Other: [Password Removed]

Last edited by TheOperator on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:19 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." Empty
PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:48 pm

why is this so familiar to me?

if I do join this I wont be able to rp much next week but I will when I can. I've done a Zombie RP before and enjoyed it. if I could find it could I use my old character from it?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:50 pm

I dont know, coincidence maybe. I've spent the last few hours typing this up, so it's all original (Aside from a few L4D references). If you can find it, go ahead. Just adapt it to fit the character sheet.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Kay. And I wasn't saying you plagerized or anything. It could just be a case of De ja vi. I get those a lot. As for my character ill have to go find it off the sporum.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 pm

ZOMBIES

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Success.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 pm

I have the perfect character in mind already.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:06 pm

god the number of posts I made back in the sporum......
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:11 pm

Well, no rush. Post it when you're ready. Please remember to try and start off with a lower grade weapon. We'll be making our ways to gun shops and finding some as we go along.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:40 pm

You know I'm going to join this, but is it okay if I make my character fifteen? The rules say sixteen, but I don't think one year makes much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:58 pm

I actually meant to change that to ten myself. Left sixteen from the original prototype OC in Word. I wanted to change it because my own character is fifteen. If that's not an answer enough, then yes.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:02 am

Yay! I'm going to make a character that has a personality similar to my own.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:08 am

Take your time, there's no rush. Choose your items carefully and make sure the weapons you choose to start out with isn't too powerful (Prefferably a pistol).

We'll see how well we would work together in a zombie apocalypse. Tar is based off of myself (With a different nickname, as my real nickname is Q).
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:18 am

I wouldn't go for a pistol. If the invasion is starting off, I'm going to be very low-key, maybe steal the axe we use for splitting wood, because I have no clue how to shoot a gun. I think I'm more likely to survive by fleeing for my life.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 am

I can have Tar teach you how to shoot. While flight is a great mechanism to have, fight might be the only choice at times.

Regardless, pistols or whatever are your choice. I know I'll be getting an FN-FAL at some point or another. The rifle is very accurate and a great weapon if head-shots are the only choice.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:28 am

Zombies, you say?

Hm... I'll think about it. I might join, but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post. Normally I wouldn't join this, but I haven't been in a good apocalypse to since August with arachnophobia.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:30 am

Okay, then, but even then, she might not be very good. She's going to be lightning fast at running, though.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Looks like I'm making a character from scratch.... I did find my old character, but he's so primative in terms of The sheet i just don't want to take the time to fix it when i could make something better.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 pm

so how long ago was the zombie takeover?

Also Op, I was wondering if you'd allow my character to have a small commune of survivors (only five or six others), who are people that he saved from the zombies. I'll promise not to have them go after anyone unless they give me permission.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:08 am

The zombie takeover was exactly one year ago.

The commune is... I'll allow you to attempt it. But you have to make them characters (But much shorter. Name, gender, age, physical description). You will be allowed if you do that. I dont want NPCs just idling around. You have to use them as characters. Who knows, you might want to make one a real full on character instead of a secondary one.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:09 am

Okay. I'll do a quick description of each of them.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 am

Okay, here's my own character. Please note that she is, in fact, based off of me, and I really do sometimes have the strange mannerisms listed, although these are a bit more exaggerated. I also based her nickname off of something some guys once said about me when we were jogging as part of physical education. They called me a clippety clopper, because of the way I was running.

Name: Rachel “Clipclop” Mira

Physical Description: Rachel stands at about 5’6” feet tall, with a thin, slender figure, and pale ivory skin. Her long thick hair, which covers much of her shoulders and upper arms, is wavy, and is a dark chocolate brown. Her oval-shaped face has a jaw line that is slightly more defined than most girls, and she has a single dimple on the left side of her face when she smiles. Her teeth, although mostly straight, are slightly yellow, and she has a slight overbite. She has extremely long, dark eyelashes, and her eyes are a dark shade of brown, almost black, giving her a doe-eyed expression. Her eyebrows are also very thick, to the point of being shaggy and un-feminine in shape. She does not have much muscular definition in her arms, but her legs are very athletic in appearance. A noticeable part of her appearance is that her upper arms are covered in a ton of small scars that appear to be the result of a rash or bug bites, as well as a few fresh sores, although she normally covers these whenever she can, and does not say how she got them when they are visible.

Her normal clothing usually consists of a plain black t-shirt, and pale grey yoga pants. Over this, Rachel will wear a somewhat thin pale grey zip-up hoodie with no designs on it; however, if the temperature is too high, she will remove it and tie it around her waist by the sleeves. She wears on her feet a pair of high-quality black running shoes with purple designs; however, they are well-worn, being the only footwear she uses, over thick white socks. On her ears she wears small pin earrings that are simple balls, but are made with real gold. She never takes these off, at any time. Since the incident with the zombies, she wears the wedding bands of her mother and father, as well as her grandmother’s ring, on a tarnished sterling silver chain, which is really fine, almost like a thin string. One ring is simply made of solid gold, while the other is gold and inlaid with diamonds. Another ring is platinum with a single diamond in the center. Due to the incredible value of these rings, she tries to hide them under her hoodie or under her shirt from others.

Personality: Rachel is easily identified as either odd, or a bit of a loner. When approached by strangers, she will initially be blunt or untrusting towards them, and she often tries to end conversations with them quickly. However, she does not actively try to be rude, and she may just seem to be unfocused, or concentrating on something else. For the most part, she does seek out interaction with other people, and is often content with being alone. Even if she becomes friends with someone, she quickly tires of speaking with them, and will typically try to find something to do that does not involve talking. Often, trying to socialize with anyone, regardless of who they are, is considered largely taxing, and mentally exhausting. Despite this, she is capable of behaving normally, making eye contact, as well as following a topic, though she may try to change it if she dislikes it. She is also known to feel less empathy for people, sometimes seeming cold or callous, although this is unintentional, as she is unable to feel as much sympathy, and may result in feeling guilt later. Normally very serious, she does not like jokes at the expense of others, and often feels angry with herself for laughing if it’s not considered appropriate to do so. However, she does have a sense of humor, and often laughs when others do. This is made even more impressive by the fact that her own laughter is quite odd, sounding like a grunt or like a zebra, and having an infectious quality to it.

Alone, Rachel can be found extremely strange. When walking, unlike most people, who put their heel down first, she puts the front of her foot down first. When particularly trying to make a point when standing, she will not stomp her feet, but will instead tap the front of her foot, making a loud clipping noise, due to her shoes. She is also known to sometimes exhale sharply though her nose, snorting, and typically makes strange noise other than a yell when startled by something. When running in any case, regardless if she is carrying weight or not, she continues to put the front of her foot down first, and her gait, like much of her unusual tics, is found to strongly resemble a horse gallop, or skipping. She is also known when happy and by herself to giddily jump and flail about, and as a result, has received the name ‘Clipclop’ because of her strangely equine tendencies. This is further supported by the fact that she is a very fast runner that easily beats people in a race regarding speed or endurance. However, a few of her strange non-human-like actions are considered to resemble other things. When she is smelling something, she may do so in such a fashion that her sniffing produces a faint squeaking sound, similar to a rat, something that may or may not be on purpose, as she once kept one as a pet. When angry, she has a tendency to sneer, in a fashion that resembles a snarling dog. Overall, all of these behaviors are found largely unusual.

Despite all of these odd mannerisms, Rachel is extremely intelligent, knowing a wide array of facts regarding biology, physics, and science, as well as history, literature, and art, which can be surprisingly helpful at times. However, although she is smart, her speech pattern may at times seem educated, due to her tendency to speak with a rather thick southern accent and dialect, as she comes from the border between Georgia and Alabama. Her voice is considered roughly to be a slightly raspy mezzo-soprano, although she is able to speak on occasion at a pitch that sounds like a child.

Biography: Originally born in Naples, Italy, to a military family, in which her father was a petty officer in the US Navy, Rachel grew up traveling frequently, and was often cared for by her mother while her father left for months at a time on a trip to foreign countries. Despite this, she developed an extremely strong bond with both parents, and often spent much time writing letters to send to her dad, becoming excited whenever he came home, and growing very upset when he had to leave. Due to having to move to multiple military bases, Rachel was often unable to settle down in any school, and was frequently forced to deal with social problems, frequently struggling to interact with other kids, and winding up disappointed to move because of having to separate from the select few friends she made. She was also often the victim of cruel or harsh rumors, and was frequently hurt to uncover them. As a result, after her father retired and her family moved to the south, and lived there for a total of seven years, she often found herself unable to trust other people with easy, and became easy to define as a loner. Upon the beginning of the zombie invasion, both her parents, as well as her friends, were killed, Rachel only surviving because of her ability to run quickly. Coming back after they had left, Rachel was forced to perform the traumatic act of crushing her parent’s corpses with an axe to prevent them from becoming undead. She then took her parent’s wedding bands, and wore them on an old sterling silver chain to remember them. She now travels with her only companion, her pet standard poodle, Corbin.

Weaponry: Splitting Axe, Serrated Chef’s Knife, Serrated Fillet Knife

Other Equipment: Corbin (Pure-Bred Blue Standard Poodle), Orange-and Black Firewall Backpack, Gauze, Rubbing Alcohol, Cotton Balls, Band-Aids, Thermos, Dog Treats, Casting Net, Candle Lighter

Family(?):
Friends: Deceased

Other: WWZ
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:08 am

Very good character overall. While a hoodie isnt exactly my first choice in attire, you are accepted. Your character sheet will be added soon.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 am

Well, Hoodies are simple jackets, and most of my characters are simply dressed, as well as in a fashion that permits freedom of movement. She doesn't have any food with her, but she's got the supplies to catch fish, cook it, and she also has medical stuff, and a loyal and intelligent dog by her side.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:42 am

It's not that. The hood. That's easy to grab hold of. Anyway, adding to OP now.

Edit: Added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." Empty

Back to top Go down

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next