Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Chat

Go down 
+17
Lieo
BOB DOLE
Absolutely not Prussian
FlowerFox
98wizard523
Angelwolf99
Enderjay
JunkMail
Derkal
DemDogg
MataRahi
Maxx
God-Mod
ViperaUnion
Sairei
Mr Allen J
The Stalker of Shadows
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

General Chat - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:25 am

I've heard HL 2 was good, is it?
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:50 am

It is on my list of top five amazing FPSs.

It has unique storyline, good characters, awesome stunts, amazing soundtracks...
All one could want in a video game.

And the main character has a PHD in theoretical physics. xD
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:40 am

On the topic of languages, I'm actually taking Latin lessons as a means of improving my own understand of English. Regardless, it's a very interesting and complicated language. If anybody says they have created their own language, they're either bullshitting, or spent their entire lives working on a language that won't be perfected until the next few generations.
The Midnight Stalker wrote:
Happens to the best of us. And i though i was the only one who spoke all forieny!!!!!
Yes, you are the only one on the internet that is capable of reading and writing a foreign language.

Quote :
Though i did creat this Code some time back. Not even i could crack it if i didn't make it.
You say that as if all of us should be impressed.
Sairei wrote:
I had an idea for a roleplay once....

...then I took an arrow to the-- *shot*
"Taking an arrow to the knee" is a very real Norwegian phrase that means "to get married", look it up. The guards in Skyrim didn't lose their adventuring career because they actually got shot in the knee, but they got married and settled down.

Though I imagine one of them may have actually been shot in the knee at one point in their lives. But I doubt they'd be a guard after an experience like that.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:19 am

I did not know that. Wow lol. Nobody uses that phrase right...
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:53 am

Sorry to change the subject completely, but I'm going to change the subject completely, because I'm changing the subject completely, and I want too. By the way I'm not sorry. And now I'm going to change the subject completely again.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:56 pm

You didn't even change the subject to anything. You only made a spammy post for the sake of being an idiot.

Sorry not sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Lieo, please tell me you're either a reincarnation of StinkyPachem, or his long lost twin.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Lieo IS Stinkypachem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:26 pm

I knew the similarity was too close.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:22 pm

yes, it was rather obvious when he first came here.

EDIT: also, figured I'd put this here since nobody watches the advert thread.

Location: The Lumien Department of Agriculture; Desbin City Alpha District; Planet Desbin; Kelper-62 Star System. 1800 hours. Meria 32nd, 2120

The Lumien Department of Agriculture is a two hundred by ninety foot rectangular building in the dilapidated and corrupted Desbin City Alpha District. The building is shaped like a rectangular prism, with steel beams leading from the ground floor to the high zenith of the ceiling nearly a hundred feet up. The building’s slanted walls makes it stabler and smaller-looking, though inside it contains an assortment of departments having to do with the distribution and growing of Lumien crops. The building is most well-known for its seed vault buried nearly a mile under it, dug into a chamber of pure diamond. In this vault, seeds of every known planet in the known universe is compiled and studied. In case of widespread galactic destruction, the seeds would be planted on their former planets in order to facilitate the return of hospitable environments. No one is quite sure why the Lumien government chose to put this vault in a diamond safe that could have instead been used as an emergency bunker or have been sold, but they did it anyway, and Lumiens do not care what humans and other aliens think are stupid.

The glass walls of the Agriculture Department reflected the red light of the Lumien sunset attractively, and the four thick stone pillars that stood at each of its corners and rose up to a little lower than the height of the zenith turned an eerie blood red. Inside of the department, the lights were slowly flicking off, and all of the politicians were packing up to go home to their families. High above the city flew a single white plane; an American Predator drone. Its revolving camera stared down at the city, looking and eventually locating the Agriculture department. It sent out a radio wave which to a casual listener would sound like the morse code letter p being typed over and over again, and the Predator was soon joined by two more drones who flew by either side of it. The trio of aircraft sent out the morse code p to several other groups of drones across the planet, all of which were also sending out that same signal. The trio of drones began to descend upon the city until they were about a half mile above it. The massive spacescrapers of the Ceyx district rose around them as they descended, and they had to navigate the urban obstacle course in order to get to the low-lying Alpha district. The roar of the jet engines shattered windows and sent businessmen flying across the floors of office buildings as they rocketed through. Pedestrians looked up at the sky and pointed. Some took pictures with their phones, and others called the police, which were baffled at the idea that three American drone planes were flying through downtown Desbin City.

The drones soon received quite an entourage of helicopters and security drones as they approached the Alpha district. One of the helicopter pilots picked up his radio and sent a quick message to the drones.

“Unidentified drone, this is the Lumien Police Force. Please state your name, serial number, and directive repeat, state your name, serial number, and directive and follow us to the closest airport. You are in a no-fly zone repeat you are in a no-fly zone. Over!”

The drones continued to weave through the maze of buildings as the helicopters and mini drones followed them. The helicopter pilot sighed, and sent the message once more.

”Unidentified drone, this is the Lumien Police Force. Please state your name, serial number, and directive and report to the nearest airport for landing repeat state your name, serial number, and directive and report to the nearest airport for landing. You are in a no-fly zone repeat you are in a no-fly zone, over!”

Still nothing. The helicopter pilot snarled, and flew up above one of the drones. Then it happened. Suddenly, the helicopter’s radios were filled with the deafening roar of a computer modem. The pilot screamed as the modem blasted into his headset, causing his ears to bleed. He let go of the helicopter, and fell unconscious, as did the copilot. The helicopter began to swerve through the air, causing the pedestrians watching from the street to collectively gasp. Soon all of the phones and radios began to blast the modem sound, and screams echoed up from the street as people were deafened by the tone. The helicopter began to spiral through the air, and finally crashed into the side of a spacescraper, causing a massive scarlet fireball and a sea of smoke. The police drones all simultaneously turned off, and they fell to the earth like a meteor shower, where they crashed into cars and through store windows and near crowds of pedestrians who were stirred into panic. The trio of drones were now close to the agricultural department, about a half mile away. They lowered slightly as they escaped the sea of spacescrapers, and the modem noise hit the department. Lumiens in the building were driven to their knees as the noise deafened them.

This would be the second worst thing to happen to them that day. All at once, at the same time as the same thing was happening in three other locations, the drones dropped their payload of rockets. Twelve Hephaestus missiles flew down upon the agricultural department and its surrounding buildings. The missiles collided with the buildings and exploded in repeated flashes fire as the napalm was strewn into every crevice. People cried out in utter agony as their skin melted off in the fire. The force of the blasts caused the stone pillars to collapse into the agricultural department, shattering its glass windows and crashing through the metal floors. The burning workers were crushed as the building collapsed in on itself and the steel support beams collapsed. The drones made another pass, and more missiles fell, though these lacked the napalm of the first. Now, nothing remained of the Agricultural department was a few metal beams which stuck up from the earth like a bone through a carcass. And then, just to finish the deal, one of the drones dropped a single bomb which fell onto the elevator leading to the seed vault. It first exploded to destroy everything near the shaft, and then dropped a firebomb down the shaft, where it hit the bottom and sent a massive splash of burning napalm and other flammable materials over the door to the vault. A third stage activated, and the door was hit with a highly concentrated hydrochloric acid splash, which, combined with the fire, melted the heavy door, and permanently sealed the door shut, to never be opened again.

Things Done in the Dark; a Mind Games RP

Coming soon to Roleplex
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Lieo wrote:

Sairei wrote:
I had an idea for a roleplay once....

...then I took an arrow to the-- *shot*
"Taking an arrow to the knee" is a very real Norwegian phrase that means "to get married", look it up. The guards in Skyrim didn't lose their adventuring career because they actually got shot in the knee, but they got married and settled down.

Though I imagine one of them may have actually been shot in the knee at one point in their lives. But I doubt they'd be a guard after an experience like that.

I did not know that. That's neat...
Ha. Learn something new every day. Smile

Thanks for the bonus fact.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:34 am

Lieo wrote:
You didn't even change the subject to anything. You only made a spammy post for the sake of being an idiot.

Sorry not sorry.
Exactly. Being an idiot is what I do, but I'm not really in the mood anymore. I was just at my great grandfather's funeral. Not the one that I said had cancer a few days ago, another one. He and I were close, so I'm sorta UltraSADone, not UltraCRAZYone.

And that RP… messed up drones, some violence and exploding buildings… that's everything I need.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:29 pm

*knocks on Roleplex's door*

Open up, this is the Roleplay Investigation Squad, we have information that you're dealing in unauthorized RPs, you have the right to remain literate.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:05 pm

*Slams Roleplex's door*

I HATE DALEKS!!!!!!!!!!! [/the 11th Doctor]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Speaking of Doctor Who, IMO, save for a few of the newer episodes the series seems to be going downhill, but I guess I'll hafta wait and see. Classic series is still waaay better.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Are you joking? The classics are terrible! Their lava was literally red foam. Matt Smith is by far the best Doctor Ever. Having the doctor be an old curmudgeon was terrible. Now the Doctor actually has fun. Matt Smith is perfect for the role; he can be serious and silly at the same time. The old series had terrible acting, worse special effects, and wasn't that fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:39 pm

I geuss you've never seen any Tom Baker episodes, Patrick troughton, or the latter of Sylvester McCoy's episodes? The acting in those is actually FAR better than what we've got now, and it had a lot of charm to it. The show was fun, but it was also grittier which IMO made it better. The show now is kinda like a cheesy soap opera, with no real consequences to anything, whereas in the old one their were consequences for things, and people actually died, instead of "Oh, let's just beam up to a spaceship" They made the daleks wimpy and the cybermen too much like the borg, the newest companion is kind of...shallow, and in the classic series the Doctor wasn't really...interested in anyone, romantically, but now he makes suggestive motions and that kind of crap really degrades the show. Red foam? that's a bit of an exaggeration, I'd say. It's not about how glamorous or FX-y they can make the show, but how....unique, mysterious, scary, even. The classic series has far more highlights than the current series. If it's david tennent's seasons, though, those were pretty good actually.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Dude, have you seen any of the Weeping Angel episodes? They're terrifying. You couldn't have done that in the classics without some effects.The old FX looked absolutely terrible. When the Cybermen fired their lasers, it was a flash light and someone set off an explosion behind the Doctor. Acting-wise, the companions in the classics are completely cheesy "OH NO! Doctor! It's the cybermen!" *swoon*" Jenna Louise Coleman isn't nearly as good as Karren Gillian (though much more attractive), but with the Amy episodes, she was actually a kickass sidekick, not some damsel in distress. The Doctor now is much more fun to watch. He's goofy and fun and crazy like you'd imagine a thousand-year-old time traveller to be. The old ones couldn't touch Matt Smith or David Tennant. And the Daleks are not wimpy at all. They're just less experienced because Clara wiped their database of The Doctor.

The only nock I have on the new episodes as opposed to the classics is that it's less science-y. Now it's just like "Point the sonic screwdriver at the bad guy and boom! He's dead!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:51 pm

I saw the Weeping Angel episodes, and I geuss they are scary, but they're getting old too. And, uh, you've never seen Sylvestor McCoy's episodes, have you? Ever seen Ace? she was the exception to the sees-a-monster-and-screams, she was totally kick-butt. She killed a dalek with a bazooka.

And, you're wrong about none of the classic doctors not being able to touch Matt, and many fans would agree, Tom Baker was, and is, miles better.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:56 pm

You're right, I haven't, because the old episodes are boring. They're not fun to watch because the acting sucks and the effects are the worst I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:56 pm

David Tennant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:01 pm

This is heresy. Many of Tom Baker's episodes are fun, have good acting and are very enjoyable. *grumbles to self*

My fav doctor is still Sylvester McCoy, though. David Tennant was really good, but too much kissing....
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:02 pm

No. Not heresy. The FX were so bad back then that it's actually painful to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:06 pm

It's not about the FX, and it's not about how high-tech everything can be. The classic series had class, and it was very good for its time. Stop tech hating.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:10 pm

It's not fun to watch when the weapon is a flashlight that makes an explosion 20 feet away. When I watch a tv show, I actually want to be entertained. I don't care about "class". The 11th doctor has just as much "class" as any other doctor.

What is "class" anyway? Define it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next