Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:24 pm

The Midnight Stalker wrote:
THus i will explian. Dense materials transmite sound better. As his power is based on sound it works. Why? Cuz i say so.
No, all of that is unrelated. Dense materials transmit sound and vibrations better, yes. But your power is completely unrelated to whatever reason why his "muscles are so dense". Sound travels through you better? Really, is that it? No, it's not. Not only does your power not allow you to have denser muscles (especially not muscles so dense that you weigh 300 lbs.), in fact, you're more likely to feel the vibrations coursing through your body as it gradually destroys you. Now aside from the shoddy reasoning for your power, no one, not a single man alive has weighed 300 pounds of muscle. And if you're saying it's because your muscles are super dense, guess what? Have fun being as mobile as a rock, because your dense muscles won't be flexible enough to relax and contract in any efficient manner.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Yeah, you might want to dial down his wieght a bit.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:29 pm

kay. In a bit though. I'm about to have to get off the PC for a bit
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm already working on a guy who has dense bones and huge muscles, but that's mostly because his power is super strength, and he's going to actually have a routine that's similar to a professional bodybuilder. He's a bit inspired by my mother, who was a bodybuilder when she was younger, although his personality couldn't be any more different.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:29 pm

I based Arloste's appearance off my sister. and if id done a personality section for her brother he'd been quite a bit like me, but I want his to be a serious character. im gonna make Cyex my semi silly character. he'd act a little like me. intelligent, but lacking a mature personality. only he's more serious that I am in real life.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Well, here's my character. He's sort of inspired by Captain America in regards to his powers, but because of him working out, he's a lot stronger. Also, I am aware his Biography may be a bit unusual, but I tried to make it as realistic as I possibly could.

Basic Information

Name: Tom Marcello
Nicknames: Goliath, Riptide
Height: 6’11”
Weight: 280 lbs.

Appearance

Hair Color: Light Ash Brown
Eye Color: Grey
Nationality: Caucasian

Physical Appearance: Although his mutations are not nearly as dramatic as some people, Tom’s physical appearance is still greatly altered by his powers. Firstly, he is extremely tall, standing almost at seven feet, and this is not because of natural genetics. He is muscular to an extreme, almost to the point of being like a bodybuilder on steroids, although he takes no performance enhancing drugs of any sort. His face is triangular in shape, with a well-defined bone structure. His eyes are large and almond-shaped, and the irises are grey, seeming to glow faintly. He has a patrician nose, and his teeth are perhaps the only feature of his mutation that is obviously not human. They are extremely white and sharp, almost like fangs. His light ash brown hair is long and tangled on purpose into dreadlocks, which fall down to his shoulders, and often hide his eyes. Although his nationality is Caucasian, he boasts a deep tan that makes his skin a deep shade of brown, surprisingly absent of sunburn.

Attire: Despite his extremely muscular appearance, and the fact that he takes pride in his strength, Tom is surprisingly modest regarding his clothing. His typical attire usually consists of a white sleeveless t-shirt and a plain pair of blue jeans. However, over his shirt he typically wears a blue-black long-sleeve windbreaker jacket, which does not have a hood, and repels water, mud, and wind chill. It also has two side pockets for the hands. He often wears this jacket almost completely zipped up, only leaving enough of the undershirt visible to show the shark tooth necklace he wears, which is strung on a black chord, and only consists of a single large tooth.

Personality

Innate Personality: Tom is a very self-confident and arrogant person. However, whatever impression his physical size may give to other people, he does not fit the description of brawny, not brainy, and is far from lacking in discipline. He is, in fact, extremely smart and well-read, although sometimes he may have a tendency to underestimate an enemy, or get into situations he cannot handle on his own, because he has an overinflated ego that makes him blind to certain obvious dangers. Despite this, Tom will intentionally push himself into a challenge, due to a desire to be the strongest person present, which is not always limited to physical abilities. Already, this goal of dominating competition has resulted in him beginning an extremely disciplined program of physical training, which is much like that of a professional bodybuilder. Because of the intensity of the program, and the fact that his muscle burns more energy than fat, he eats much more than a normal person, and also requires more protein to maintain the bulk he works so hard to achieve, as not all of it was obtained through mutating, and it requires a specialized diet. He also eats more frequently, having about five to seven meals a day, split between intervals of two to five hours, to avoid overindulging. He also appears to try to keep a strict set of hours for when he goes to bed and wakes up, going to sleep at nine in the afternoon and waking up at five in the morning, therefore getting a full eight hours of sleep.

However, despite this program having a purpose of gaining strength, and also establishing his incredible sense of discipline and competitive nature, Tom does not take too much pride in his appearance, which is evident in the way that he dresses. He is extremely modest, and often avoids clothing that shows his arms or any other part of his body. This is because, while he does not take any sort of drugs to enhance his appearance, the size of his muscle suggests something unnatural or grotesque, and he does not like to think of himself in such a fashion, nor does he wish for others to do so. However, despite this being a sensitive topic, he will harshly react to anyone who accuses him of taking what he considers being ‘the easy way’ out of training. Tom takes great pride in being a natural bodybuilder, although he is almost always sore from working out, which may make him grumpy most of the time. He is typically a very logical thinker, working his program down to a science.

Outward Personality: Tom is typically very harsh towards everyone he meets. Because he is fiercely competitive and almost vicious when his status or pride is threatened, he can easily come across as cruel and heartless. This impression is further strengthened by his ruthless or cold treatment of rivals or opponents, and obvious self-centered thought process. However, because of the fact that he is extremely strong physically, and is intelligent enough to see through tricks, it is safer for people to not challenge him, and simply stay out of his way, which he will gladly inform others of. This does not mean people don’t do it, though. A lot of those who he has insulted would like to challenge him, just to teach him to have respect for others. However, the issue of doing so is that Tom has no qualms with beating a foe into submission, although initially he does not appear to desire killing them, showing restraint if they are severely injured, and simply resulting to insults instead. Due to his appearance, some people may accuse him of using steroids, but this is an extremely sensitive topic, and his reaction often depends on his mood. Because his physical training often leaves him feeling sore, he is typically in a grumpy mood.

However, despite being for the most part repellant, and a first-class jerk, Tom does have a few good qualities. Although he may be arrogant, with motives that are ego-centric, he is well-disciplined, and once devoted to a task, he will work at it until he accomplishes his goals. He is also not as ruthless as he might appear to be. While he can be extremely cruel or harsh towards others, he does not like killing, and tries to avoid loss of life, often sparing people who may not even deserve it. More importantly, Tom does not appear to treat young children the same as everyone else. When around those who are very small or innocent in nature, he can be surprisingly gentle, and maybe even show a small amount of compassion. It is possible to become friends with Tom, although it is difficult to do so.

Hobbies/Skills: Tom, although he may not look it, is actually a very good cook. Due to his workout routine, and the fact that he wants to be self-sufficient, he has learned how to prepare healthy meals that are both tasty and nutritious. However, because he normally only cooks for himself, he typically prepares high-carb and protein foods only. This set aside, he is a bodybuilding enthusiast, and also knows a lot about nutrition and health. He also appears to show an interest in surfing, and knows how to do so.

History/Bio: Tom was born and raised in Perdido Key, Florida, where he grew up spending most of his time on the beach, trying to avoid his abusive stepfather, who began to mistreat him after his mother died from a severe infection as a result of stepping on an oyster shell. He showed a strong interest in surfing, but due to unfavorable conditions in his hometown, and the fact that his stepfather would take away his possessions, he would often make excuses to go visit his cousin in Orange Beach, Alabama, where surfing was easier, and less risky. There, he became adept at the sport, as his cousin kept his things for him, the two keeping the issue of abuse a secret. One day by accident he got caught in a rip current and was almost carried out to sea. However, aware of the dangers of it, he was able to swim out of the current unharmed, and earned the nickname Riptide as a result, the name sticking when a few people witnessed the event. Later, when he turned fourteen, he began to mutate, and grew much taller than normal, his mother and father both being shorter than he became, and losing his adult teeth, which were replaced the sharp teeth he now has. His stepfather, taking notice, began to intensify his abuse, until finally; Tom was forced to defend himself. The results of the fight placed his stepfather in the hospital with terrible injuries, including a shattered jaw, and he was sent to live with his cousin. Because the fight was a clear case of self-defense, and Tom’s stepfather could not speak, he was not charged with assault, and custody was given to his uncle, his strange teeth being waved off as cosmetic dental work. After this, Tom became more independent, and began a bodybuilding program, foregoing his old hobby of surfing. Later, at the age of sixteen, his uncle received a letter from the Sparrowdale Academy, and Tom himself decided to go.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power: Tom’s powers are relatively easy to grasp, and are only borderline on superhuman. His abilities place him naturally at the peak (Or possibly past the peak) of human physical condition, and require no training to stay that way. Because of this, he is able to perform feats that are sometimes too much for even the best Olympian athletes, and more impressive is that he manages all of this at the same time, as normally all abilities require extensive training in a single focused area. However, his ability that makes him a meta-human is that he appears to have a basic healing factor. This ability allows his body to repair damaged cells and tissues, and his ability to recover from injuries also allows him to heal more quickly from minor wounds. Small cuts stop bleeding and bruises vanish much faster than normal. However, deep gashes and broken bones still take time, and any injury that is fatal to a normal human is likely fatal to Tom. Because he heals quickly, Tom can achieve superhuman physical condition by intense training, his powers having an effect similar to steroids, as his muscles can be torn down and quickly repair themselves, but without a high risk of cancer or health problems. Because he has undergone two years of intense training, Tom is able to lift things as heavy as an entire bus, and can muster enough force to bend solid steel. He is also able to clear incredible distance with a single leap, and run at intense speeds for hours without tiring. Tom also has increased bone density, making broken bones less likely, but his joints still remain extremely flexible.

Weaknesses: Tom has many of the same weaknesses as a normal human being. It is possible for him to be killed with a bullet, by blood loss, or by diseases and poison. However, his main weakness is that while he has a healing factor, he still has a limit that he should not exceed, although he is not entirely aware of what the limit is. While his training has everything to deal with exceeding physical limits, it is possible for him to be pushed far enough to the point that his healing power may burn out, likely putting him in a hospital in need of medical attention, or causing him to collapse, unable to move as a result of pain.

Other:
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:13 pm

And accepted. I will be starting twerk on the IC this instant.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Okay, then. Also, I was considering getting rid of the spider idea, and starting over with a third character. What do you think of a young girl who manifests different forms based on her emotions and that of those around her? Each one would be unique, but the issue is that she would be somewhat unstable. I wanted to ask your opinion so I don't make a huge sheet and have it get rejected.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:23 pm

That's cool. So I'd say go for it. I'm going to start the IC later on tonight, though. Sooo, um. Once IC starts I'm going to be a bit strict on new characters. Since, the current cast is supposed to be the last of the students to arrive and I don't want new guys just wandering in. Heh.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Well, worst case scenario, we could say she started to panic before they could get her to the school, so she was a little late. A kid with powers linked to emotions is kind of dangerous when they're scared.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:50 pm

We still need the groups our characters will be in.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:13 am

I should mention this character is going to have a lot of nicknames, because she's going to call each form something different. She has seven forms, so this is going to be a long sheet.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:23 am

Interesting...
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:25 am

hi guys. sitting at mcdonalds in walmart. wig id brought my laptop. could fixed my characters sheet a bit.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:26 am

Are the keys stuck on the laptop too?
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:28 am

no still on my phone. laptop died. tiered.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:31 am

Oh okay.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:34 am

yup. now I have a 16 Gig flashdrive. do I really need that mph space?
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:55 am

I wonder what happened to IC tonight?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:15 am

ultra wrote:
I wonder what happened to IC tonight?

It grew legs and ran away. Better go catch it.

ViperaUnion wrote:
I should mention this character is going to have a lot of nicknames, because she's going to call each form something different. She has seven forms, so this is going to be a long sheet.

Can't wait to see it.

Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:18 am

Alright, I'll get the tranq rifle ready.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:53 am

Well, It might take me longer than expected. I'm taking time on appearance to describe all her forms, which look mostly like animals. However, each form is going to be a bit different in abilities.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:32 am

The IC will come up tomorrow at best. I've just spent a few hours doing something rather unsavory and don't feel like writing it atm.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:22 am

New Supplice wrote:
I've just spent a few hours doing something rather unsavory
A massive CENSORED, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 6:52 pm

So, it is tomorrow now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next