Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Just downplay it a little bit, plox.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Okay, then.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Bloop.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Well, I'm giving Sandy an overhaul on personality, and I like her more already, to be honest. Now she's more likely to just cause problems out of a mischevious nature, and not out of malice. Here's her new personality and bio.

Basic Information

Name: Sandra Armstrong
Nicknames: Sandy, Leafnose
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 146lbs.

Appearance

Hair Color: Natural Red
Eye Color: Amber
Nationality: Caucasian

Physical Appearance: Sandy is not at all what someone would consider pretty. As a result of her mutations, she has developed beast-like characteristics that are often regarded as repulsive and ugly. Her face, while still somewhat shaped like a human’s, more strongly resembles that of a white-winged vampire bat, although Sandy doesn’t feed on blood. She has a hideous, leaf-shaped nose with highly prominent nostrils and pink, wrinkled skin that covers much of her face. Where the prominent bridge of her nose is not present, she is covered with bright red fur. While her eyes are amber, like their original color, they have taken on a beady appearance that doesn’t seem entirely human. Her upper canines have also elongated to the point that they show even if Sandy slightly opens her mouth. Her ears are the only factor of her appearance that seem to have been left unchanged by her mutations, not having any fur, and still identical to a normal human. Sandy’s entire body is covered with a red pelt, which she seems to keep in good condition, as it is extremely glossy and healthy in appearance. She does not seem to have any strange physical mutations aside from her face and fur, although a membrane of webbing can be seen between her fingers, excluding the thumbs. This small membrane is a pale pink color, with white edges, although it does not have any function. She does not have any fur on the soles of her feet, which are tough from walking barefoot.

Attire: Sandy doesn’t really worry too much about how she dresses, considering she doesn’t care about how people see her, and she’s covered with fur and ugly by human standards to begin with. As a result, all she ever wears is tattered t-shirts of various colors and shorts that go down to just above the knee. She does not wear shoes, and prefers to walk around barefoot.

Personality

Innate Personality: Sandy for the most part largely prefers to be alone, but even in such cases; it’s always nice to have at least one person around who she can go to if she needs help. However, even then, sometimes she can be a bit difficult to understand, having a headstrong, rebellious personality that makes it difficult to make her listen to anything that other people say, and effectively acting as a barrier to communication. Being divergent by nature, she often doesn’t do what people tell her to do, and worse, will often do the exact opposite, just to annoy the people that boss her around, often being irritated by any presence of authority. Often thoroughly convinced people she encounters found her by tracking her via her natural pheromones; she typically rudely questions their intentions, not caring about the consequences of her own actions. As a result, she makes a lot of enemies, but she often doesn’t think she can trust anyone, because her own powers are considered a bit of a curse. However, even if she has a lot of people who don’t like her for her stubborn and quirky nature, most of the time these problems only ever result in verbal arguments, Sandy being too weak physically to get into a fight with another mutant who could possibly kill her. Because she doesn’t listen to what other people say or think of her, Sandy has a lot of self-confidence, which can sometimes spread to other people, when her thick skull isn’t constantly annoying them. While she won’t follow other people or listen to them, Sandy is largely just insecure about her own powers interfering with her having ‘real’ friends, and maybe a bit jealous of the other mutants who probably don’t constantly think about weird things like hormonal changes and their effects on the body, or how they smell. When she is alone, Sandy often wanders around in heavily wooded areas that she has staked as her territory, marking them with repellant pheromones to make people avoid them. When she is in this location, she typically relaxes, and does various things, such as trying to climb a tree, or take a clip from a green branch and plant it somewhere and see if it grows or not. She may also sometimes be seen reading thick books on biology, often focusing on the brain or the endocrine system. Among meta-humans, Sandy likely knows the most about how chemicals affect the body.

Outward Personality: Sandy is extremely hard to work with for most people, in part because she doesn’t like authority and enjoys messing with the people in charge, aggravating them for fun, and second; she just doesn’t obey orders. Worse, she often purposefully does the exact opposite, just to see what happens. Being unreliable for most things, and for the most part impossible to control, Sandy often gets on the last nerve of other people, agitating them to the point that they threaten her. However, because she’s not really malicious, and just merely headstrong, rebellious, and unpredictable, it’s hard to start a fight, when it’s easier to get into a verbal argument. However, when she’s on good standings with someone, she usually just comes off as quirky, and maybe a bit crazy, although after learning about her powers most people find it easy to blame hormones. Often trying to avoid a large crowd, Sandy sometimes uses her pheromone abilities to manipulate others into staying away, although largely she doesn’t try to control anyone.

Hobbies/Skills: Sandy’s main hobby is gardening, and when trapped in the Sparrowdale Academy, this is defined as wandering through the two-mile strip of woods outside the school grounds and planting twigs from trees in whatever soil looks like it might grow. She’s no expert, but Sandy enjoys doing it, regardless.

History/Bio: Sandy was born in a small town in West Virginia, where she was supported by her single mother, who worked as a waitress. While initially she was a good kid, she had a lot of limitations on what she could see or do, and as a result developed a dislike of authority figures, often seeing them as barriers to freedom and happiness. After she began to mutate, her mother began forcing harsh sets of rules upon her to keep her strange appearance hidden, and while this was mostly for Sandy’s safety, she saw it more as a way of keeping her locked up and under control. As soon as she received a letter from the Sparrowdale Academy, Sandy chose to go, mostly for the sake of having a place to live where she could do as she pleased.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power: Sandy has the ability to regulate and control her own hormones, as well as generate specific pheromones, although she is limited to those produced by mammals only. While at first glance this may not seem like much, it is actually extremely powerful. Because she can control her hormones, Sandy has the capability to do things such as activating adrenaline at will, suppressing hunger or thirst, and even suppressing severe pain. She can also accelerate her healing process through cell division, and increase her muscle mass over time by using testosterone. These are only a few abilities that she has linked to hormones, being more than can be listed, and while there are many of them, a few are seldom ever used. With the ability to control pheromones, Sandy can give off smells that affect others (Mammalian in origin, others excluded). This can range from a scent that attracts them to her, to those that mark territory and make people instinctively avoid certain places. She can also use her powers to make people feel sleepy or drowsy (Not like knockout gas, it’s not instant), or even make them feel physically ill. She can also make a trail that others can follow later. Overall, Sandy can use these two abilities to great effect, but it does have drawbacks, including Sandy’s own reluctance to use them.

Weaknesses: While being able to control hormones and pheromones is a powerful ability, it does have disadvantages, one of the main ones being that while Sandy can control her hormones, they are still hormones, and may affect her behavior or physical state in a negative way. For example, while Sandy can activate adrenaline at will, it still has negative drawbacks, and while in effect, she may overexert herself, causing injury and suppressing her immune system, which may result in her becoming sick. Sandy can also only control her hormones if she actively thinks about them, meaning that she almost always has a certain amount of split focus, although it is not very much. It does make her vulnerable to psychic attacks, however. While she could increase her physical strength over time with testosterone, and heal faster by speeding up cell division, Sandy avoids these, due to knowledge that there is risk of cancer or other strange things as a result. While she can control her pheromones, Sandy will also give them off depending on her mood or condition. As a result, she is relatively easy to track by scent, as she cannot turn this power off.

Other:
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:57 pm

interesting character Vipra. it is different from the ones you normally make. Kudos! CD.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:03 pm

I've made spirited characters before, and usually they act as comic relief in a story because of how they behave.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:31 pm

I see. well I really need to put up a post. later perhaps. watching Nina Assassin right now.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Accepted. I have a character of my own in mind... he'll have an interesting power.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Well, I guess that's enough characters for me by this point. I already have four everyone knows about, and then there's the fifth whose power is supposed to be a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Sorry Lone. I keep getting unexpected work loads piled onto me. I'll probably have to drop out.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:20 pm

S'all good. Since you never posted I can just pretend that Damon never existed.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:33 am

I keep meaning to post, but I keep getting busy with other stuff. if I don't have one up tommarow or the day after I may have to drop out as well for the simple fact I just can't. I hope I don't have to but like Lieo stuff keeps coming up. so this is just a heads up in cause I need to.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:51 am

Bawwwwwwww
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:58 am

teh sads they hurtzez u yez?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:20 am

It stinks, but we still have members, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:42 am

well im not out for sure. just need to see about finding a bit of free time. though once my laptop is fixed ill be on more. that's kinda why im not posting as often. its busted. I don't post on my phone cuz its too hard to type a lot on, I was using my laptop, but the screen got busted on it....

and on top of that when I can post I get sidetracked by other things..... so I dunno.... life is just crazy ya know?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:52 am

It is. Please note that I decided to post as my characters. I hope it's not considered bad or a bit god-moddy, but I kind of made Marie explain the machine a little bit. She's actually very smart, but displays of intelligence are pretty much rare because she usually focuses on suppressing emotions. I wanted to emphasize that she's just messed up because she can't really think clearly most of the time. She's really a sort of child genius because she reads so many of those thick, boring textbooks.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:09 am

lol. I use to do that all the time. read text books and encyclopedias for fun. just to learn something new. kinda miss doing it. growing up it was obvious I was smart, I just never applied myself. thus I nearly flunk high school. oh well

hey Vipra is it okay for me to make a post of somesort involving the robot? I mean this is the first chance that cyexs power might come in handy. I have an idea or two about it. im not gonna post right away just asking if I do decide to try and use it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:44 am

I'm not a moderator in this RP, but I think it'll be okay so long as you don't go overboard.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:04 am

well ill clear it with lone then. either way...

his power is technopathy afterall. and faced with a robot? A golden opertunity!
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:45 pm

The Midnight Stalker wrote:
well ill clear it with lone then. either way...

his power is technopathy afterall. and faced with a robot? A golden opertunity!

What exactly do you have in mind?

I'll get a post in later on today.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:37 pm

I pmed you about it.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:34 am

Okay, I haven't been on much lately, and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. I've been caught up in schoolwork and my social life and stuff like that, so I don't really have much time to post. I will be here every now and then though.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:36 am

I shall continue to post. Also, Lone said something about finding food in the dorm starting the next chapter in the RP. We might want to have that happen before our characters start exploring the school, because once we do that, we can bring in new characters.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:42 am

Basic Information

Name: He keeps his real name a secret
Nicknames: Hunter
Height: 5'10
Weight: 164

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Nationality: American
Physical Appearance: Hunter is lanky, yet thin. He has a rather pale complexion, due to the use of his powers. His skin is scarred with hideous looking wounds, the most notable ones were the ones on his palms. His palms appear completely covered in scars from what appears to be blades. These scars on his body are a mix of old scars and new scars. Making obvious that he's had some of these scars for years on end. Fortunately, there aren't too many scars on his face and head. Except for a small scar that he got under his eye, and a scar on the bridge of his nose. The rest of his upper body is literally coated in thousands of different scars. Other than the scar his skin has other imperfections such as moles, and blemishes. He is rather thin, as he has a healthy build. He does look rather unimposing, and weak. Like he can't do anything physically. Hunter's face is squared and well defined. His nose is thin and one of the least notable things about his face. He has a pair of black wide set eyes which are a few inches away from each other. His eyes are notably big. His lips are thin, and is mouth is average sized. Hunter is always sporting a facial expression that is of fear, or paranoia. Hunter isn't exactly an attractive person. He has hair cut short, and it's wavy. He also has hair on the rest of his body, and is growing a small stubble.

Attire: In public, Hunter tends to wear heavy outfits that cover up much of his body. Because of all the scars he has, naturally. He'll wear a long sleeved overcoat, or any article of clothing as long as it covers his being. When alone he'll dress rather lightly. His outfit changes from day to day. One thing he will always have is a large black tote bag slung over his shoulder. This bag appears to be for women but he doesn't really care. Inside this bag is several art supplies, such as paint brushes, paint, etc. He also holds a first aid kit, which he knows how to use. Hunter always keeps a switch blade in his bag.

Personality

Innate Personality: Innately, Hunter is always wondering why he can't be like other people. He always feels conflicted about things, and wishes that everyone else would be like him so he wouldn't feel so awkward. At times the only thing that made him feel normal is his art. While it's more subtle than anything he has an obsession with art. His goal in life is create his masterpiece. When someone damages his art he tends to get upset, and at times violent. It brings out his "bad side" very easily. Which makes him act, instead of think. Other than that he's a thinker. In his own head he analyses things, and takes note of plenty of things. He does have a great memory and is precise. Sometimes when stressed he tends over think things and force himself into a metaphorical corner.

Outward Personality: Outwardly, Hunter is rather odd, creepy even. The way he talks, the way he looks, those scars, it's rather unnerving. However, he's social, just not very good at it. It's because of the aforementioned habit of not getting people. Some things will simply perplex him. He also tends to be blank and blunt, never will he beat around the bush. He tends to be oblivious to somethings. Hunter will be polite to people unless given a reason not to. With people he doesn't like he'll just ignore them and let them do their own thing. He's long learned how to ignore jerks. At times it appears that he can't stand up for himself. Except when they push him too far, then he won't hesitate to fight. Unlike some people he doesn't really fear pain or threats from other people, and if motivated enough. There is a limit to this, however. Like many others he tends to avoid dying the hardest he can. Hunter is a very kind person, and will always think about other people when he makes a decision. At heart he's a kind person, he just tends to act strange, and out. When he's stressed he tends to act a bit more erratic, and won't think some things through. One thing that brings him great pride is his artistry skill, nothing will make him feel better than showing off his pictures to those who are interested. He also tends to draw things. Whether it be an object he likes, a scene, or people. Except he doesn't draw them with his own blood.

Hobbies/Skills: Art. From a young age Hunter has been interested in art, and is considered to be a prodigy when it comes to art. He can draw well with his fingers, and brushes well, he knows how to use other forms, but isn't as good. Hunter also knows how to use first aid kits. He also done some fencing, so he knows a bit of swordplay.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power Class: Other

Power: This power is inspired by a video I once saw of a very special artist... You'll figure out who after reading. Hunter has access to the mighty blood-art technique. Which allows him to draw things with  blood and whatever he draws will take a physical form identical to the drawing. Essentially he can create constructs out of blood. All these constructs will be texture-less, yet blood colored. For him to accomplish this he has to draw a useful amount of blood, then if he has a solid surface; draw exactly what he wants to materialize on it, then it'll sort of come to life. Of course he also has to concentrate hard on what he wants to create. By concentrating these constructs will be able to mimic the features of what he's drawing. Such as if he thinks of a sword really hard while drawing it; it will be metal-like. He can create virtually anything as long as he has enough blood and it isn't too large. Hunter also has the ability to control what he materializes to an extent. In a short orb (around two feet) around him, he can move objects telekinetically, which allows him better control over his constructs. Even if he's holding them. Which is how he appears to be rather skilled in wielding weapons, because he's telekinetically guiding them to their target. In addition to these powers, Hunter is able to regenerate blood extremely fast, and wounds a bit faster. His body also contains a larger amount of blood than average.

At this point he is unable to create living beings with his art. However, in due time he'll have the potential to bring life to his drawings, if they're drawings of creatures/animals.

Weaknesses: Hunter can only use his own blood to draw art. He can't create mechanics with his art, only static objects. While Hunter can regenerate wounds and blood faster, there's a limit to it. It's far from instant, and he may lose too much blood and possibly die. Which is rather dis-servicing because he also has to produce enough blood out of his skin to make art. That requires him to make a rather large wound to produce enough blood. His most blatant weakness is that he requires a bit of time to make art. While he can draw something rather fast with his fingers alone he needs a few minutes to draw. However, he has worked around this by keeping a book of everything he usually draws and keeps it close to him at all times. Speaking of which, he has to draw what he wants to create exactly. It's size, it's detail, etc. Even if he mis-draws one line when it takes a physical shape it'll be rather deformed. It's a little quirk of his to never let this happen, and will scrap the whole thing just to fix that one error. Finally, once he draws the picture and it takes a physical form, the drawing will be left behind and if it's tampered with even in the slightest the construct will be destroyed, until it's corrected and reappears.

Burst Potential: Zeta

Other:

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next