Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

Basic Information

Name: Jia-li Vivian Baozai
Nicknames:
Height: 5'5
Weight: 189

Appearance

Hair Color: Naturally brown, but dyed Black
Eye Color: Blue
Nationality: Chinese
Physical Appearance: Jia-li has a wider frame.  Obviously, one of the first things someone will notice about Jia-li is that she's a bit overweight. Nothing too extreme, she can still be agile with her meta-human abilities. It stems from her childhood. Her frame used to be partly athletic when she used to play soccer. From that athletic life she used to live; she has plenty of scars on her body. Just plastered around her body, there isn't any scars with any stories attached to them. Jia-li isn't exactly a looker. She's pretty ugly to be honest. Her face is rounded, and well defined. Near avian in appearance. Jia-li has several freckles plastered across her face and some places on her body.

Attire: Hm.. I'll describe IC side.

Personality

Innate Personality:
Outward Personality:
Hobbies/Skills:
History/Bio:
Favorite color:

Abilities

Power Class: Elemental, Extra-Sensory, and Cerebral

Power: Jia-li's power is essentially that of a Darkness Elemental. Not actual Darkness, a bit more like the poetic terms of Darkness. Negative Emotions, Evil, Sin--- that jazz. Now, on to what she can actually do. This power goes down several different paths fueled by her own darkness, and the darkness in others. First and main use of her power, Jia-li can generate jet-black smoke that has a liquidity, metallic look, from anywhere on her body. Which is essentially darkness. She can control this darkness much like the traditional elemental, she can levitate it and shape it into anything. Usually this darkness is intangible and won't have too much uses--- aside from acting as a smoke screen. However, she can solidify the darkness, and essentially create claws. Another example is that she can create a barrier, which won't stop bullets and strong attacks, but, can block people easily.

Next ability is that she can sense the darkness in people's hearts in the vicinity. Since everyone has darkness in their hearts, it's more of a people sense. In city environments, it's an enormous blob and near impossible to pick apart. It's a rather irritating part of her gift. Since it takes much concentration to pick people's darkness apart. Only people that are overwhelmingly corrupt will even stand out. Even then that's rare.

Jia-li's final darkness ability is easily her most powerful, "Absolute Darkness." It allows her to fill up an area with darkness so strong that light won't be able to penetrate it. Pretty much making everything inside of the field invisible, and render everyone blind. The darkness will fade away in time. However, she won't be able to use her abilities for at least a few hours. So, it's merely a last resort kind of thing.

Weaknesses: Jia-li's power is fueled by her own Negative emotions/thoughts, Sin or it's supplied by others. It's mostly supplied by the latter. So if she's alone or with a few people then her powers will be much weaker. This power has an averse affect on her own personality and morality. Her dark powers makes the bad in her come out, basically. She's more likely to do bad, and her negative emotions come out easier. It's something that's rather undesirable for Jia-li. Which is why she acts so overwhelming nice even if she wants to do otherwise; the slightest slip up and she may go overboard.

Burst Potential: Alpha, Theta and Omega

Other:

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:22 am

I'll finish this later.

Basic Information

Name: John Doe (seriously)
Nicknames:
Height: 5'11
Weight: 120

Appearance

Hair Color: Dark Brown
Nationality: He doesn't really know so American (white).
Physical Appearance: John is your average looking guy. There is nothing really that sets him apart. He is slightly taller than normal but there is nothing else that stands out. He has shaggy hair that is starting to grow over his eyes (he views this as a nuisance but constantly forgets to get his hair cut).
Attire: John wears a black t shirt with a gray hoodie. He likes to wear cargo pants because of the pockets (you never know when you might need a pocket). The only thing that sets him apart attire wise is a colorful bead necklace. It was made by his younger sister before she was adopted by another family and since it was obviously made for a smaller neck, he wears it as a wristband.

Personality

Innate Personality: His innate personality switches between a more pessimistic version of his outward personality and an outgoing, philosophical person.
Outward Personality: His outward personality is very cold and formal. This usually pushes people away. This is because he is somewhat shy and nervous with social contact (not that he would admit it). Ironically, he desperately wants friends and to be part of the social system he holds in disdain.
Hobbies/Skills:
History/Bio:
Favorite color:

Abilities

Power:

Weaknesses:

Other:
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:43 am

um ultra I think your character needs to weigh more. he'd be mega Kinny otherwise. see I myself am 5'9" and am 120 and are like 20 pound under wieght so your character would be anorexic or something
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 am

He must be a flipping skeleton!
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:39 am

perhaps something to do with his yet named power?
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:51 am

50% right. It kind of does have something to do with the power and the other half is me putting random numbers in the height and weight categories.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 5:47 am

lol. I use to do that too. but then I started to be more realistic with my characters.

I actually did research on the proper weight range for Cyex to inure it Was right.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:52 pm

ultra wrote:
50% right. It kind of does have something to do with the power and the other half is me putting random numbers in the height and weight categories.

This site can help with proper weight to height. Anyway, I'll judge the sheet when you finish it.

Speaking of which I need to finish the two sheets I made.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:20 pm

My own character is only 50-something lbs, but she looks relatively normal, save for the fact that she has wings. Of course, my excuse was that she had hollow bones.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Another reader of Maximum Ride. I honestly think it is very inaccurate scientifically and the characters a bit cliched but it is good for some entertainment when you are bored out of your mind.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 pm

...I don't read that, I have no clue what it is, and my character isn't based on anything at all.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Oh. A book series about kids who were in a inhumane scientific experiments. They got wings and other powers. The books have gotten progressively worse. Anyway, almost the entire main cast are winged teens with hollow bones that somehow don't break when they get attacked, crash, maimed, etc.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 pm

My character isn't what I'd consider to be cliche. She's not winged like an angel, that's what I consider cliche. Instead, her arms changed into wings, like a harpy, and her hands take the place of alula, which assist in certain functions of flight for birds like eagles. Of course, this means her hands lack a lot of dexterity, considering they're not very strong. She's going to be fragile, and I intend to portray that, because she wouldn't last long in a fight, I don't think. Her talons on her feet can do a bit of damage, but it's kind of hard if you think someone will twist the limb and break it. Her wings can give you a pretty nasty clout that could knock someone out (She's actually based off of a swan), but if she loses certain feathers, she's stuck on the ground until they grow back.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 pm

maximum ride. I think I read one of those. not one of the better ones I've read.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
My character isn't what I'd consider to be cliche. She's not winged like an angel, that's what I consider cliche. Instead, her arms changed into wings, like a harpy, and her hands take the place of alula, which assist in certain functions of flight for birds like eagles. Of course, this means her hands lack a lot of dexterity, considering they're not very strong. She's going to be fragile, and I intend to portray that, because she wouldn't last long in a fight, I don't think. Her talons on her feet can do a bit of damage, but it's kind of hard if you think someone will twist the limb and break it. Her wings can give you a pretty nasty clout that could knock someone out (She's actually based off of a swan), but if she loses certain feathers, she's stuck on the ground until they grow back.

I'm not talking about your character, I'm talking about the characters in Maximum Ride. Your character is just fine.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:00 am

MUST THINK OF MORE CHARACTERS
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:12 am

So, I'm going to finish my character sheet.

EDIT: Need to eat so I will do the history later.

Basic Information

Name: John Doe (seriously)
Nicknames:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 135

Appearance

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Nationality: He doesn't really know so American (white).

Physical Appearance: John is your average looking guy. There is nothing really that sets him apart. He is slightly taller than normal but there is nothing else that stands out. He has shaggy hair that is starting to grow over his eyes (he views this as a nuisance but constantly forgets to get his hair cut).

Attire: John wears a black t shirt with a gray hoodie. He likes to wear cargo pants because of the pockets (you never know when you might need a pocket). The only thing that sets him apart attire wise is a colorful bead necklace. It was made by his younger sister before she was adopted by another family and since it was obviously made for a smaller neck, he wears it as a wristband.

Personality

Innate Personality: His innate personality switches between a more pessimistic version of his outward personality and an outgoing, philosophical person. He is also fond of puns and cultural references when he is in his friendly mood.

Outward Personality: His outward personality is very cold and formal. He is also a bit of a deadpan snarker. This usually pushes people away. This is because he is somewhat shy and nervous with social contact (not that he would admit it). Ironically, he desperately wants friends and to be part of the social system he holds in disdain.

Hobbies/Skills: His hobbies are drawing, watching movies (this extends to video game walk throughs), reading, writing, making rants and monologues in his head, and listening to orchestral music.

History/Bio: John was born and grew up in New York City. By the time he was eight he had a one year old sister. He had a happy life until the day his family came back from a vacation. John doesn't remember much of what happens next, but in the end, his entire family, save for his sister were dead. Since they had no relatives to go to, they were put in an orphanage. The trauma made John withdraw for months. It also served as the stressor that activated his power. When he finally got over what happened, he discovered that other people never seemed to notice him. The only person who seemed to acknowledge him was his sister. As they got older, him and his sister became close. When he was twelve a couple came to adopt his sister. John and his sister wanted to be adopted together, but it appeared as if they never even noticed him. In the end, John's sister was adopted and he was more alone than ever. This led to him discovering his power. In a fit of rage, he punched the wall in his room, but didn't seem to be hurt by it. He experimented some more and finally unlocked the ability to make himself slightly opaque and his skin hard enough to get hurt from stuff that would normally hurt it. Thinking that this was why he was ignored, he made sure everything was turned off and went off to make friends. It didn't go well (mostly because he didn't turn off the passive ability, the real culprit). Disappointed, he finally decided to become the antisocial person he is today. A few weeks after his seventeenth birthday, he got a letter from Sparrowdale Academy and decided to go. As usual no one objected or cared for that matter and he was on his way. He is hoping that this will be different than the orphanage.

Abilities

Power: His ability is to change the property of his skin. He can either make himself transparent or bullet proof. So far, he can make himself somewhat opague (which is great for hiding in shadows) and make his skin somewhat stronger. Not strong enough to stop bullets, but enough to make hits hurt a little less and his own punches, kicks, etc. to hurt a little more. He has a passive ability that is linked to his ability to become invisible. Basically, it creates a weak SEP field (http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Somebody_Else's_Problem_field). This is one of the reasons why he has a non-existent social life. It is also is a big energy drainer which is why he is so skinny. At the moment, he does not even know it is activated.

Weaknesses: These powers are a big power drain and excessive use can have adverse side effects on his body This includes nausea, vomiting, sweating, headaches, fainting, coma, and/or death. It also relies on his body fat, ATP, etc. for its source of energy so overuse can lead to an extreme loss in body weight that can be confused for anorexia.

Other:

Last edited by ultra on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:12 am

Okay, then. Also, I am seriously torn between making a bug character that's a combination of a spider and a cockroach. And I don't mean like spiderman, either, I mean wings, exoskeleton, and all.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:13 am

Maybe a technomancer that got parts of machines accidentally fused to his body when his power first activated.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:15 am

We already got a technomancer, but I was thinking maybe fireflies, too, for the bug, like he glows in the dark because of electricity? I need to refine the idea.

Also, Lone, in the other section of Nicole's sheet, I mentioned an ability she may or may not gain. Would you consider it OP if she learns it in the RP, because she really needs to have some sort of trump card as a last resort.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:16 am

ViperaUnion wrote:

Also, Lone, in the other section of Nicole's sheet, I mentioned an ability she may or may not gain. Would you consider it OP if she learns it in the RP, because she really needs to have some sort of trump card as a last resort.

Well, I did note that powers do evolve over time and use. So, maybe later in the RP when she has tons of practice then she'd develop it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:21 am

Thanks! I'll be sure to limit it when she gains the power, though. It's going to be one of those abilities where she does a single blast that does a lot of devastating damage and then she might have to rest for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:53 am

Ultra, there is something wrong with your sheet. Review the rules to find out what.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
My own character is only 50-something lbs, but she looks relatively normal, save for the fact that she has wings. Of course, my excuse was that she had hollow bones.
Bones, on average, count for only for 15% of your body weight (usually between 14% - 20%). So your character is sixteen years old - let's say the average weight for a sixteen year old girl is 130 lbs. for instance. Assuming you have regular bones, your bone weight in total would be 19.5 lbs, and the rest of the body weighed 110 lbs. This is how much the girl would weigh on average without bones. Your girl is delicate and with little muscle, so she may weigh 110 lbs. Without bones, 90.5 lbs. But your girl has bones; hollow bones, so the bone weight would cut down to about 10 lbs. 110 - 9.5 = 101.5 lbs. For any pair of wings to carry her, a 100 pound animal, you would need a wing span of 27.15 ft. due to a certain formula in a weight to wing ratio: 3+1/3 in weight to 1+8/9 size. That's, what? Counting meat, feathers and bones, another twenty or so pounds? 121.5 lbs., with the wings being a fifth of your body weight.

SCIENCE.

Last edited by Lieo on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 am

gasp! science! well he did say It didn't have be accurate, just make sense. I mean im not sure how my characters power would even work in real life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next