Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Uh...ultra...everyone is in the cafeteria, Marie left the library.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 pm

I'll fix that.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 pm

You should read the IC really hard before making a post
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:24 pm

As I said before, I don't have the time. I have finals and therefore can not read the IC. I can only skim it for important bits.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Okay, here's Toby's character sheet. He's a lot less humanoid compared to other mutants, but he can still walk bipedal, and I tried my best to balance him out so he's not too strong.

Basic Information

Name: Toby Zane
Nicknames: Barky, Dog
Height: 8.2ft. (From nose to tail)
Weight: 325lbs.

Appearance

Hair Color: Silver Fawn
Eye Color: Black/Brown
Nationality: Latin American

Physical Appearance: Toby is one of the rare meta-humans that are so dramatically altered in appearance that they no longer have a completely humanoid shape, or walk in a bipedal fashion. In appearance, he seems to be a strange combination of a pug-like dog breed, manatee, and a frog, although his upper body appears to consist of vaguely lion-like features. Typically preferring to walk on all fours, Toby has limbs adapted to support his weight in a quadruped stance, his arm bones growing longer, and his hind legs, namely the foot, adapting new bone structure. He can still walk bipedal, but this is often very rare. Much like in a frog, Toby’s radius and ulna bones have fused together, and so have his tibia, fibula, and tarsals. This allows him stronger limbs that make it possible to absorb great shock. His toes and fingers are not elongated, however, allowing him to stand with his legs straight, rather than splayed in a frog-like fashion. Toby’s body is extremely large, having a barrel-shape and silver-fawn hairless skin with a texture like a manatee’s, which melts into a flat, paddle-shaped tail. This skin is in reality very thick and loose, although on normal occasions it appears tight and thin, like the normal animal it resembles. Regardless of bone structure, Toby’s legs are thick and trunk-like, covered in wrinkles at the joints, with large paw-like hands and feet, tipped with dull black nails, and having small amounts of webbing between the toes. Toby’s face is very much like a pug’s, having almost the exact same sort of facial features, having a flat snout and wrinkly skin that starts out black and grows paler as it moves away. The only different features is that his nose is slightly more prominent, and the lower jaw more prominent, giving him an advantage, despite his anatomy. His ears are button-shaped, poking out just at the start of a Silver Fawn mane that, while shorter, appears to resemble a lion’s. Hidden in his mane is what appears to be a set of gills adapted for extracting oxygen from air. His upper body has fur, while the lower half has none, although all of it is the same color. His eyes are large, and are either dark brown or black, seemingly very sad, due to the wrinkles on Toby’s face. He has about three rows of needle-like teeth in his mouth, and a long, dog-like tongue. His voice is a well-developed tenor that seems surprisingly stable for someone his age.

Attire: Due to his anatomy, Toby cannot wear traditional clothing, but he does have a single outfit that was made specifically for a meta-human with his form by a family relative who is gifted in sewing. On the lower half of his body he wears kaki cargo pants with a large hole sewn into them to accommodate his paddle-like tail, and on his upper body he has what appears to be a sort of oversized camouflage dog vest, which stops at the beginning of his neck, and does not cover his shoulders. Overall, he appears to wear a pretty good outfit, considering, but this does not hide his canine appearance.

Personality

Innate Personality: Toby is quite easily labeled as eccentric by other people. Intentionally behaving in a silly or strange manner, he loves to confuse people and make them laugh, going out of his way to brighten the days of others. It is because of his sweet nature that he makes very few enemies, and can make even the most stoic or aggressive people smile. A bit of an extravert, he becomes lonely very easily and frequently seeks out other people to be around, suffering from extreme anxiety and distress when he is alone. It is because of his behavior and incredible personality that many people may characterize him just as though he were a dog, being unconditional in his loyalty, and a friend for life. However, although on the outside he may appear friendly, and maybe a bit gullible, Toby is actually very clever. In a fight, he is not likely to charge into battle blindly unless a friend or ally is threatened, and will most likely not fall for any traps set for him. He will, however, take blows for the sake of those he cares about. In some ways old-fashioned, Toby is chivalrous in nature, having good morals and seeking to always be a good influence.

Outward Personality: Toby often acts strange or silly on purpose around other people, usually in an attempt to make them laugh and relax; believing that with all the unusual things happening in life, people could use something to ease the tension that normally plagues them. He also does this in part because he simply loves the sound of laughter, and likes to see people smile. His quirks can take many different forms, from asking people to do a ridiculous task (Such as watching an object to make sure it doesn’t move); to being melodramatic on purpose in such an exaggerated way that he couldn’t possibly be serious. He may also make up stories about things that have happened to him, just to keep people guessing. Because of his personality, most people, even those that prefer to be alone, or those who are particularly aggressive, have trouble telling him to go away. Toby quickly makes friends with other people, and once he does so, he is easily identified as a friend for life.

Hobbies/Skills: Toby, due to his colorful personality, has a natural passion for theatre and acting, especially for comedies and dramatic scenes. An admirer of Shakespeare, he may on rare occasions start quoting from plays. He is also has prior training in opera, able to sing any part designated for a tenor. Although sometimes jokingly treated because his voice is mature past his age, he is extremely good at projecting his voice and holding notes for extended periods. Although preferring to practice singing alone, he can do surprisingly well if watched by a small group, better at coping with stage fright.

History/Bio: Toby began mutating one year before the average norm, starting to change at the age of nine years. At the time, although his voice was not developed, Toby had already been taking lessons in opera, singing soprano roles at first, in which he learned to control and project his voice. He had also performed in multiple summer plays with other youths, and was known in his family as a talented actor, his grandmother often helping him by sewing costumes for him to use. When his mutations began, it caused a case of early onset puberty, his voice breaking and becoming stable rapidly afterwards being the first signs. After this, he began training in singing tenor roles, as this was his voice type. He then started to undergo a growth spurt that resulted in him becoming far taller than what was normal for his age, and then finally his arms and legs began to hurt frequently as his bones altered. Soon after this, strange things happened to his appearance, and he was forced to stay home from school and out of public, on the grounds that he was extremely ill. During this time, his grandmother moved into his house with him and his parents, and began assisting him by sewing clothing for him to wear as he gradually mutated. When they received a letter to the Sparrowdale academy, Toby parted with his family to go there, so he could continue his education without persecution.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power Class: Animal (Main Class), Super System, Chemical

Power: Toby is unique in the sense that most of his powers come from physical mutations, although one specific power he has is linked to having a super system. With physical capability alone, Toby can run up to 30 miles per hour from a standstill, in theory, enough to surprise or surpass most normal humans. However, because of his super system power, he can run much faster, enough to shock others, and his maximum speed has largely been considered to be about 100 miles per hour, enough to surpass the cheetah as the fastest creature on land. Even if his powers wear out, Toby still runs much faster than average on all fours. The rest of his abilities are all physical. First, Toby’s skin is remarkably loose and thick; in such a manner that while it can be damaged by things such as bullets, electricity, etc., He cannot be harmed by sharp objects such as swords, teeth, and claws. Because it is loose, Toby’s skin allows him to twist around and fight an attacker, regardless of where he is grabbed. Although his flat face and mane are often falsely believed to hinder him, special adaptations stop them from causing problems. First, his nose protrudes more than a typical pug, and as a result, he can breathe much easier, despite having a flat snout. If this fails, gills hidden in his mane are specially adapted to absorb oxygen and gasses directly from the air into his bloodstream. His jaw is very strong, and due to his sharp teeth, his bite is perhaps his most lethal weapon, as he does not possess actual claws. If he cannot bite, his incredible weight can be used instead. His final, and most unique ability, is his saliva, which contains special enzymes in higher concentrations that attack bacteria. As a result, Toby sometime uses it as medicine to prevent infection.

Weaknesses: Toby, despite having thick, loose skin, is still vulnerable to forms of attack such as bullets, electricity, and fire. While he can take more physical blows than an average person, he can still be beaten into submission if his attacker is strong enough, and able to keep an onslaught going for an extended period. Although the outside of his body is very strong, his main weak point is his gills, although most people don’t know they are hidden in his mane. His eyes are also very sensitive due to a lack of prominent skeletal brow ridges, and if damaged can make him immediately let go of a person if he bites them. His saliva, while naturally having strong anti-bacterial qualities, does not immediately heal wounds, and merely kills infection. Contrary to popular belief, Toby does not have the sensitive hearing or smell of a dog.

Burst Potential: Gamma

Other:

Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, there's really a guy who goes to my school that I know who acts like that. I'm serious about the, 'watching objects to make sure they don't move' thing. In my case, he asked me to watch a trash can next to the teacher's desk. It was pretty bizarre, but it was extremely funny, and that's how I remember it months later.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Heh. Where do you want Toby to start?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Although people were staying hidden in the hospital and stuff, I think I want to start Toby out in the park, like he wandered there after the crazy stuff happened. He's a bit too big and heavy to be hauled off to the hospital by someone, but he's not timid enough to hide until people say the coast is clear.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:10 pm

Turning invisible isn't going to work when you have lightning bolts being thrown Lone. Claire's going to majorly burn out in a moment (next post) but they're going to have a problem escaping. Also, electrical burns don't bleed.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Maxx they left when the flash went off
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:53 pm

New Supplice wrote:

They needed to have left, and that takes time. Dude you can't just skip time.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:54 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
Although people were staying hidden in the hospital and stuff, I think I want to start Toby out in the park, like he wandered there after the crazy stuff happened. He's a bit too big and heavy to be hauled off to the hospital by someone, but he's not timid enough to hide until people say the coast is clear.

You talkin' to me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I was talking to Lone.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
New Supplice wrote:

They needed to have left, and that takes time. Dude you can't just skip time.

They should at least be out of the hallway. But, if you really want a fight then you'll get one.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Claire is the kinda person who just needs her ass kicked.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Johnny N' friends have the advantage since she's injured and probably near deaf.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm well aware that she's about to get fucked up. This is more to explain her personality.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:39 am

Okay, I just posted, and Leafnose knows Barky already, so she's helped Nicole identify his scent. Just a note, Barky knows all of my characters that were in the school before the incident. He'll probably turn up at some point.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:51 am

I posted from Johnny's perspective
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:07 am

Um, lone, I understand that autohitting is against the rules, and that Claire is willy-nilly throwing lightning bolts around inaccurately, but lightning moves at the speed of light. It's kinda hard to dodge.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:08 am

He's been hit by some of it. Just that his powers suppress pain and damage... and that you said that she's firing inaccurately.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 am

I've met a person who got struck by lightning and lived. He said he blacked out for about one second and then he woke up. He said after that he was perfectly fine. Of course, my science teacher said if you were literally struck by the actual bolt, you'd die, so people who survive being struck by lightning were actually just very close to where it actually hit.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 am

This is more like sticking your finger in a light socket, but the bolt Claire just shot off would be more like your science teacher's lightning bolt. This one may hurt.

Also, I'm working on a fourth character who will be French, as well as I believe our first character from a foreign country.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:15 am

The closest we have to that is Toby, so far, but that's only racial origin. He's Latin American, and sings opera, which is traditionally Italian.

Also, isn't sticking your finger in a light socket something involving a closed circuit loop? How does that work with Claire's attacks? I dunno, when I was little, my parents caught me trying to stick a metal fork in the light socket...that could have ended badly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next