Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm

It's not that I don't want you putting it in, it's the sign that tells me that you read the rules. Which as far as I can tell; you didn't.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 pm

I finally refined the idea for my second character. Be prepared for a little spider that's scary-looking, but sweet and gentle.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Oh god, one of those... pardon my tone - it's just... eugh. Colossusepic01.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:23 pm

im thinking a second character as well. something way different than Cye. not sure yet exactly what kind, but something.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 pm

New Supplice wrote:
It's not that I don't want you putting it in, it's the sign that tells me that you read the rules. Which as far as I can tell; you didn't.

I did, it's just that I wanted to put that in. I'll take it out.

EDIT: Here:

Basic Information

Name: John Doe (seriously)
Nicknames:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 135

Appearance

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Eye Color: Blue

Nationality: He doesn't really know so American (white).

Physical Appearance: John is your average looking guy. There is nothing really that sets him apart. He is slightly taller than normal but there is nothing else that stands out. He has shaggy hair that is starting to grow over his eyes (he views this as a nuisance but constantly forgets to get his hair cut).

Attire: John wears a black t shirt with a gray hoodie. He likes to wear cargo pants because of the pockets (you never know when you might need a pocket). The only thing that sets him apart attire wise is a colorful bead necklace. It was made by his younger sister before she was adopted by another family and since it was obviously made for a smaller neck, he wears it as a wristband.

Personality

Innate Personality: His innate personality switches between a more pessimistic version of his outward personality and an outgoing, philosophical person. He is also fond of puns and cultural references when he is in his friendly mood.

Outward Personality: His outward personality is very cold and formal. He is also a bit of a deadpan snarker. This usually pushes people away. This is because he is somewhat shy and nervous with social contact (not that he would admit it). Ironically, he desperately wants friends and to be part of the social system he holds in disdain.

Hobbies/Skills: His hobbies are drawing, watching movies (this extends to video game walk throughs), reading, writing, making rants and monologues in his head, and listening to orchestral music.

History/Bio: John was born and grew up in New York City. By the time he was eight he had a one year old sister. He had a happy life until the day his family came back from a vacation. John doesn't remember much of what happens next, but in the end, his entire family, save for his sister were dead. Since they had no relatives to go to, they were put in an orphanage. The trauma made John withdraw for months. It also served as the stressor that activated his power. When he finally got over what happened, he discovered that other people never seemed to notice him. The only person who seemed to acknowledge him was his sister. As they got older, him and his sister became close. When he was twelve a couple came to adopt his sister. John and his sister wanted to be adopted together, but it appeared as if they never even noticed him. In the end, John's sister was adopted and he was more alone than ever. This led to him discovering his power. In a fit of rage, he punched the wall in his room, but didn't seem to be hurt by it. He experimented some more and finally unlocked the ability to make himself slightly opaque and his skin hard enough to get hurt from stuff that would normally hurt it. Thinking that this was why he was ignored, he made sure everything was turned off and went off to make friends. It didn't go well (mostly because he didn't turn off the passive ability, the real culprit). Disappointed, he finally decided to become the antisocial person he is today. A few weeks after his seventeenth birthday, he got a letter from Sparrowdale Academy and decided to go. As usual no one objected or cared for that matter and he was on his way. He is hoping that this will be different than the orphanage.

Abilities

Power: His ability is to change the property of his skin. He can either make himself transparent or bullet proof. So far, he can make himself somewhat opague (which is great for hiding in shadows) and make his skin somewhat stronger. Not strong enough to stop bullets, but enough to make hits hurt a little less and his own punches, kicks, etc. to hurt a little more. He has a passive ability that is linked to his ability to become invisible. Basically, it creates a weak SEP field (http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Somebody_Else's_Problem_field). This is one of the reasons why he has a non-existent social life. It is also is a big energy drainer which is why he is so skinny. At the moment, he does not even know it is activated.

Weaknesses: These powers are a big power drain and excessive use can have adverse side effects on his body This includes nausea, vomiting, sweating, headaches, fainting, coma, and/or death. It also relies on his body fat, ATP, etc. for its source of energy so overuse can lead to an extreme loss in body weight that can be confused for anorexia.

Other:
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:29 am

you could've tuck it in the other section
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:30 am

Um... why'd you post it three times? I'm only going to link it to one.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:35 am

who knows. but too late. oh well. now im gonna put up another character tommarrow if its okay with you. kay?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:40 am

Yes. Make plenty of characters now because it'll be hard to introduce new ones.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:47 am

cool. i m thinking along the lines of a mutation involving light somehow for this one. or maybe sound. I got a few rough ideas. heck I might make two characters and do both. oh idea! a brother sister combo with thou two powers! and this Is a fine example of stream of conscience writing.

you like that idea? of court id make separate sheets for the both of them.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:58 am

Do it
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:12 am

(Shakes head at ultra) Not. Good. Enough. …Yea, this is gonna get confusing with 2 ultras. I'll make my sheet in a sec.

EDIT: Here it is. I might make the personality or the bio longer later on, but probably not.

Basic Information

Name: Jacob Malay
Nicknames: Jay, and Maz by his friends
Height: 1.7m
Weight: 68kg

Appearance

Hair Color: It was actually blonde, but it's been dyed black since he was 8.
Eye Color: They were green until he became a Meta-Human at the age of 12. Then they became black. He wears green contacts over his eyes now though.
Nationality: Australian
Physical Appearance: For a 17 year old, Jacob is very small with a height of 1.70m. He is also quite skinny, but that doesn't make him weak and frail. He just doesn't have a lot of muscle, that's all. He used to have blonde hair that he spiked up, but he wanted to change the way he looked, so he dyed it black and let it flop down on his head normally. He used to be quite fat too, and he let himself get thinner to change the way he looked also. For the past couple of years Jacob has been wearing hoodies that hide his face, so most people don't really see what he looks like properly.
Attire: He nearly always wears either a black or dark green/brown hoodie over a multitude of different shirts. All of his pants are wide blue jeans and he has some red and black sneakers.
Personality

Innate & Outward Personality: (have I ever said how much I hate writing personalities?) In his head, Jacob actually has a lot to say. He just never says what comes to mind. Over the years he has became the guy that never talks. He's not shy or anything, just quiet. And slightly secretive too. He prefers to be hidden away to the side instead of out in the middle of the crowd, if you know what I mean. Not noticed, but still there. You get the picture.
Hobbies/Skills: Jacob loves the night. Whenever it gets dark, he goes around the city in his shadow form (see power). With all of the lights shining and all of the people around, nobody ever notices the lone shadow running around on it's own.
History/Bio: (This is a short bio because not very much has happened in Jay's life) As a kid, Jacob grew up like most other kids. He lived with his mother and father and was an only child. At primary school he was as similar as the next guy. Everything was normal. When he went to secondary school though, Jay became slightly unpopular, a group of boys bullied him, and Jacob wished he could just slip into the shadows. When he became a Meta-Human, he did just that. The bullies couldn't seem to find him as often, and neither could anyone else. Everyone noticed that he had became a more secretive and hidden person.
Favorite color:

Abilities

Power: Jacob's power is that he can make his body disappear and become his shadow. While he may not be able to touch them, he can interact with object's and people's shadow, making the object or person's actual self move. It also means that he can move around without being heard or seen (most of the time) and he can also scale walls with ease. Really he can do anything that your shadow can do.

Weaknesses: Although he's a shadow, he's not invincible. Shadows can interact with him, so even though he can punch your shadow, yours can punch him. Also stuff like water or spikes still affect him, as long as they have a shadow. Fire doesn't affect him though, because it MAKES shadows. Another weakness is that when a cluster of things are together, it's hard to pick out their shadow, so usually if there was a bunch of pencils together, he wouldn't end up picking up the pencil that he intended.

Other: Later during the RP I might give him the power to either control his own shadow as well as his body at the same time, give him the power to transform his shadow into anything or give him the power to possess other shadows. I'll decide later on.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:30 pm

From here on out a shall call ultra-ultra and UltraCRAZY1-Crazy

Aslo working on those sheets. I'll try to have them up sometime today.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Then maybe we could start the IC, but that's not up to me.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:26 pm

We'll start IC by I'd say... Friday or Saturday. I'm waiting for Lieo to get his sheet in, then the sheets that Put's going to make.

And your character is accepted
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm

New Supplice wrote:
And your character is accepted
The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 1125_psy
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Kay. Right now though I'm having trouble with their last name. I got first names though. And a rough idea of there powers.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:50 pm

The Midnight Stalker wrote:
Kay. Right now though I'm having trouble with their last name.

http://www.namegenerator.biz/last-name-generator.php
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:53 pm

GAAHHH OF ALL THE TIMES FOR THE PROXY TO GO DOWN!!!!!!!!

I can't view that website due to United States Department of Labor Restrictions.

And the proxy i use died yesturday.

EDIT: Found on that works. A site and a name.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:03 pm

New Supplice wrote:
Um... why'd you post it three times? I'm only going to link it to one.
Old sporum habit. Link to the newest one.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:00 pm

WEll I'm about done with the first one. It'll be up in a bit. The second sheet will be up late tonight or tommaroow. I'd've gotten it done today, but i had to deal with A thief snagging my good headphones, bordom, ADD, and the power was out for a bit.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm

That sucks. Anway, am I accepted?

EDIT: Just saw that I was. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Here's a preview of IC.... We'll be split into two groups with characters of my choosing and will go through the Administration building looking to turn the power on. Then we'll meet up for some happy fun times.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:27 pm

I see. Well here's my sheet. I'll get to the other one in a bit i hope. It'll be up tommarrow for sure, tonight maybe, but not likely.

Basic Information

Name: Arloste Ayers

Nicknames: (Is your character known by any other names? Leave blank if none)

Height: 5’4”

Weight: 117

Appearance

Hair Color: Light Brown, with a Red Tint

Eye Color: Red

Nationality: Technically Caucasian

Physical Appearance: Arloste is a typical white American Girl in appearance for the most part, the exception being unusual skin. She’s of a slim build, her height and weight making her fairly fragile and small. When folks see her they think ‘tiny’. And it’s not an understatement either.

She has long wavy hair, but she straightens it out fairly regularly. She tends to keep it behind her ears because she doesn’t like it in her face. It obscures her line of sight if it does get in her face. She has a short narrow nose typical of folks from northern climates. Her mouth is a standard affair, nothing unusual.

What is unusual is her skin. It’s an eerie semi-translucent. Some would call her albino, but it’s not technically true. Rather her skin has pigmentation, but it’s just really thin. It’s thicker in places like on her face and feet, but elsewhere you can see some of the blood vessels and the like sitting just under her skin. In other places you can see odd dark small clusters of cells scattered about. Mostly along her arms and legs with a few larger ones placed on her torso and lower back. If you look closely you can see thin threads connecting them.

Attire: She prefers to wear clothing that covers her entire body. So it’s common to see her in long sleeves and blue jean pants. This is to hide her Skin. When she doesn’t people tend to stare at her and she finds this uncomfortable. During warmer weather she always has on a light blue jacket with shorter sleeves of underneath. The thinness of her skin also leaves her a bit cool at all times, so she dislikes cold weather and has to have on a heavy jacket at all time in the winter to avoid freezing to death.

Personality

Outward Personality: Well she's a bit shy when meeting new people. Mostly because of her skin and odd apperance. She's willing to talk to folks as long as they don't ridicule her and are willing to befriend them in time. Once she know you she's a different person. Then she doesn't mind Being aroung you at all. She willing to go and hang out or party or whatever, so long as she doesn't feel insecure.

Hobbies/Skills: (What do they do for fun?)

History/Bio: (Optional. Give me a detailed description of your character's past. How they were brought up. Try to include mostly major events/details.)

Favorite color: (Favorite color here)

Abilities

Power: She as the ability to generate light and electricity using the body’s natural bio-electrical system. Some of the dark cell clusters around her body act as capacitors. They allow her to store a small or medium charge within her body at all times. Other act as converters. They convert the electricity into light. This normally creates a full body glow, however it can be sent through modified coronal lenses located on her fingertips and the palms of her hands. It allows her to project beams of light from there. At present they are weak. However she can Briefly amplify them into a bright flash so as to bling folks.

The real threat however is her secondary ability. Since her body is a giant capacitater she’s basically a living battery. This means she can power electronics for a short period of time. Or she can send out electricity via wireless transmission and shock folks. But like the beam of light she can only do this through her hands. Thus she’s always wearing rubber gloves.

Weaknesses: At present she can only deliver mild electric shocks and emit low level light. She can paralyze folks or blind them, but only temporarily. Her thin skin makes her vulnerable to the elements as well, sunburns and the like as well and extreme hot and cold all affect her negatively. Water however will not short her out as her body is still a natural insulator.

Other: Nothing much. But this is my first Female character, so constructive critisism is very welcome in trems of how she should act.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:46 pm

I like it. Can't wait to start IC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next