Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)

Go down 
+15
TheDippster
Lieo
JunkMail
Sentrie
Maxx
The Void
God-Mod
Dr. Taco.
ultra
Angelwolf99
FlowerFox
Derkal
The Stalker of Shadows
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:34 am

Enlighten me on Zalphar then, unless he has something pretty good I only have to worry about Mallis, who's controller is on twice a week really.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 am

You shouldn't make an overpowered character amongst a group of average ones, Canis. I would recommend you lowered the shield power to protecting him against certain things (Such as projectile weapons such as bullets) or blunt force weaponry. But be weak to cutting and slashing. You might also want to give your character a power cap (Meaning he can only use his powers for so long before they have to recharge).

This is just a suggestion, and it all comes down to Glict. But it usually does end up making you a better RPer in the end, as everyone's happy and you learn to deal with weakness and even use it as an advantage in certain situations.

Last edited by Theā“perator on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:40 am

Okay, since we're all throwing our opinions around this is how I see it from a more or less 3rd party stand point:

You can settle it if you both admit that it is nigh impossible for a robot to control kinetic energy and any being to control antimatter at will.

However, that makes both of them almost a complete non-threat.

So, since I personally think the use of magic does nothing good for a plot line where you have more than one person writing, how about you both just accept that each other's powers are completely OP and absurd and chuck it up to magic.

However, if you want to do this scientifically, in a science FICTION rollplay, there is no way that robot can control kinetic energy. Sorry, but its not possible. And since kinetic energy can just basically put the whole RP on pause while your character moves about and does what he pleases at will, yeah, its kind just a little bit OP even with the short battery lifespan.

Now to be fair Maxx isn't much better. The Hawking radiation released from the antimatter would be enough to kill everyone. But you also have the problem of antimatter reacting to matter whenever it touches it. And, well, the air has matter in it so it would react with that and explode just as much as it would if it were hitting a solid target. Now, control over antimatter is not entirely impossible if you happen to also have power over Higgs bosons and dark energy allowing you to create complete vacuum bubbles around your antimatter clumps so that you can control what matter it reacts with and how much radiation is released because radiation, while very light even on a subatomic scale, is still controlled by gravity and dark energy.

The main problem with that character is there is no way for him to be able to control all that what with him not being some giant solar system sized particle accelerator with a optional negative mass and spacial expansion drive. So... yeah.

There's problems with both your characters so stop nit picking.

And if you're going to nitpick the scene, I know the robot was just reacting, but if he just steps into this mad house full of super powerful beings out to kill all, wouldn't you think it would be a more logical course of action to just... you know... walk away? If you can beat them all in a fight and your so great why bother? The character wouldn't. The RPer would ether out of need for entertainment or because they want a show of power.

And seriously, is there any reasonable way that your robot could have dodged a door being slammed down on top of him if he had no reasonable way of expecting it?

And Maxx, you do have a tendency of auto hitting, probably out of habit because you're writing that book with me and I have no problem with it so long as its completely logical.

And he slowed down your character with out your consent? Well, that IS kind of what his character does, illogical as it may be. And is there even any way your character could dodge the entire house being slowed to a stand still? Not really, no.

So, just... stop the nit picking, you're both behaving like 2 year olds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 am

canis_dirus wrote:
Enlighten me on Zalphar then, unless he has something pretty good I only have to worry about Mallis, who's controller is on twice a week really.

Exo and Zalphar are the two most powerful characters in this roleplay (in any roleplay), because it is nearly impossible to kill either of them. Not only can they biologically regenerate their own cells and download their minds into the internet if their bodies are destroyed, but they are controlled by Godmod, who is a freaking genius and can always find at least one way out of any situation you put her characters in. If you kill either of them and they stay dead, then you deserve a medal and a cookie.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 am

However Godmod, you forget that magic and the like is accepted here.

Sigma honestly has never met any of the powerful characters here. He was exploring the area, and it makes sense to see what is up when there is a log cabin on an asteroid.

Where's that challenge accepted meme?
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:51 am

I understand that, I'm just pointing out the facts about everyone so they stop talking about meaningless stuff that just gets people pissed and can subsequently get them banned if they don't stop. I'm sure Maxx would say something similar about his character as well, which is fine. I'm simply stating what is scientifically possible and impossible about your characters since you both were doing it to each other in a much more derogatory fashion.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:54 am

Hmm is anyone going to say what is going on in that tavern, what does Zalphar do?
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:55 am

I'll do it in a second once I finish my post.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 am

yay Very HappyĀ 
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:33 am

Okay so Zalphar was collaborating with the Raven who it hired to go kill Exo but make it look like an complete idiot while doing so. It wanted the Raven and Rosa to give it a demonstration and kill all Sir Vance's knights but they got a ping on Exo's location before that could take place. The knights are phobic of anything they think is evil or magic and will likely try and kill your robot. They also have some magic armor and whatnot so they wouldn't be super easy to kill even with the whole 'slow down everything' attack you prefer.

Zalphar is a lazy bastard so I really wouldn't worry about it attacking you personally, in fact, it might even help you escape for a certain amount of payment later wether or not you're willing to give it.

And by payment I don't mean money. Zalphar's out there to cause trouble, nothing more so whatever will cause the most trouble will be what it uses against you.

However, if you are interested in taking some kind of tour to meet all the characters and stuff working as a kind of free lance operative indirectly related to Zalphar (who will only help you if you promise to cause trouble) It can arrange a visit to any character or scene you like, so long as you do something completely devious.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:45 am

I see
Well those knights will be fun to fight.

So is Zalphar pretty much Exo with a little less intelligence?
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:56 am

No, its Exo except with completely sick sense of humor. Its the same intelligence wise, but not emotionally. Basically think Moriarty crossed with the Master then add in a dash of GLaDOS. It enjoys lying to people, tricking people and making them do what it wants when it wants often times without them even knowing about it. And if you try and kill it, you'll get an EMP blast teleported into your bots CPU system. Just a bit of a warning to make things interesting should you decide to go on the attack.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 5:04 am

Well Exo commented that Zalphar keeps trying to have him partially killed, so I was wondering if Zalphar was either somewhat ignorant of his enemy or not as smart or what.

I said Sigma was supposed to be biomechanical for a reason. Electromagnetic pulses don't work just like they don't work on humans.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 5:24 am

If you've ever stuck a taser into your arm you'd know that while it won't kill you if you don't have a heart that could go into fibrillation because of a strong electric current, it will not be fun in the slightest and will cause you to jerk uncontrollably in a similar way to what would happen if the same just happened to the electronic part of Sigma. It wouldn't kill him, but he'd be doing the robot equivalent of drooling on the floor for awhile afterwards. Just... don't attack Zalphar. It has people who can microwave you at any second in that tavern and thats bad news for biological systems and electronics. Just try putting your iPhone in your microwave sometime with some live mice. They'll both be kaput pretty quickly.

And Zalphar doesn't kill people normally because once you're dead it can't torture you anymore on any level.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:22 am

And Max, I apologize for flaming you earlier and for godmodding. I have been trying to not do it, and I felt like your character did it to mine so I reacted. Unfortunately I tend to react easily. I hope that this doesn't make us enemies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And ok I will try not to mess with Zalphar then
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:07 pm

It's alright Canus. We both kinda had a freak attack there. Out of curiosity, though, does Sigma have any kind of weakness? I mean, I have made some ultra-powerful characters (Check out Stellus Mortem over at Atama's highest and you'll know what I mean), but they always have some achilles heel. I am curious to what Sigma's is...

Anyways, I am remaking parts of Altris' sheet for his new regeneration. This time he will be given some sort of ability because for a super-soldier he's extremely weak.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, his weakness would be electricity, microwaves, high amounts of radiation for a prolonged amount of time which would corrode his electronics and fry his cells. Strong magnets is another, and extremely high amounts of dark energy like you'd find in the core of a wormhole drive. Bun then again, who wouldn't that kill?

More specifically, if you wanted to get around the whole kinetics control thing, you just have to use a teleport to make things appear inside of the robot instead of flying towards him. However, you can theoretically slow down the kinetics of the photons containing the data going to the teleporter printer mechanism and prevent the object from even generating at all, but you'd have to be able to pick out which photons you're looking for, and there's a lot of photons per square foot that could be suspect.

Ferro fluid nanobots teleported inside his system wouldn't be a good thing either, as they would form different structures inside him according to various magnetic fluctuations they're exposed to. Get that in his circuitry and he's going to have some problems.

Any projectile that is projected through time and not space can be a problem. Especially if its moving slightly faster than every thing else so that its basically imperceptible in a room full of moving objects.

Anything that that the robot cannot detect is a problem because he cannot prepare himself for it by slowing it down.

There's several other things but I think this should be enough for now. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on anything as it is nor my character nor did I develop it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:12 pm

^ And this is why Zalphar is the most powerful villain in Color.

EDIT: The autohit on Exo was planned by Godmod and I and was done with her consent so it is not technically a powerplay/metagame.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:56 am

So Godmod are you alright if I massacre the blackmarket SWAT team then? And for that manner do you or Toron care what I do to this town?

Also, Godmod how are you teleporting stuff anyway?
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:03 am

They were more or less intended to be massacred. You notice how Zalphar was like 'well, except for you robot' when it said everyone was going to die and that it would see them never.

So, basically do whatever you want to the town and the black market SWAT team.

As for the teleporting, I was actually hoping you'd ask that IC side as Sigma but I guess here works just the same. Basically Zalphar has a massive ship parked just a few mila seconds off set from the rest of the universe on top of that aria surrounding the town so its not that big of a feat to send a command to a particle assimilator and have it generate a specific molecular structure using an advanced form of 3D printing, quantum computing and quantum entanglement to copy it from an already existing model or example. How the objects, electric charges, bullets, iPhones and toads would be able to just appear places without being seen previously by their target and with out actually moving in space at all is because if you're veiwing the aria from the ship you can see what is going to happen way before it happens, and thus know exactly where to generate an object and where to keep it so that the target will not see.

However, it is possible to tell when an object is being generated, but not what the object is or where it is, because in order for it to be generated the ship needs to be momentarily in synch with the rest of the universe. Even if its only a 3rd of the particles that make up the ship. So for a fraction of a second before an object is generated, you will be able to see the ship around everything like a giant hologram.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:31 am

Hey guys, Glict here. After thinking it over thoroughly, I've decide that I'm going to halt The Return where it is.There's a lot of excessive subplot that has nothing to do with the actual plot, and the story is just not going where I want it to. I am not just going to let it die though. Eventually I'll come back to this. As for now, I'm going to have Sar lock this thread.

Thanks Sar. :3
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:35 am

Alrighty then.

EDIT:

Unlocked- Glict has some new rules he's going to put up now.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Well then. It's about time I got this back up into shape. I want EVERYONE to resubmit their character sheets for approval. The IC is not going back up until everyone's character is either approved again, or rejected.

https://roleplex.rpg-board.net/t143-a-collection-of-rp-guides-from-the-sporum

Everyone read this. I feel it is necessary to read it.

I want you to remind all of our members that this is mostly a fantasy RP. Yeah, there are spaceships, but still, I want everyone to have an acceptance of magic. The fantasy lovers should accept that there is science fiction as well.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:36 am

Okay, well if we're more-or-less restarting, I'm going to be using different characters that fit more with the fantasy theme.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:50 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
Okay, well if we're more-or-less restarting, I'm going to be using different characters that fit more with the fantasy theme.
We're just gonna restart from a few pages ago.

Ohey, I love the song you referenced in your self quote.

Last edited by Glict on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)   Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Color - The Return (Saying Goodbye)
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next