Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark

Go down 
+7
ViperaUnion
Dr. Taco.
DemDogg
The Stalker of Shadows
God-Mod
FlowerFox
Maxx
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:59 pm

And so all was well once again.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:02 pm

You were Ninja'd, as we call it, it really stinks when it happens in the IC, especially if you were writing a long, several-paragraph post, because then you have to start all over again. I also used to work on a laptop that would instantly highlight and delete my post, which is why I now copy my post onto the clipboard a million times, to make sure disasters like that don't occur again.

As for what people think when I tell them about the story, they tell me that it sounds as though it were filled with madness and chaos, which it kind of is.

EDIT: Lone just Ninja'd me, and for some reason whenever I post, single spaces becomes four.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:09 pm

People just look at me weird and walk away
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Well, I've only really told my parents, they're used to weird stuff.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:30 am

The only person that knows about my roleplaying is one of my friends. If he joins, he'll be called Some Guy.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 am

That's Mister Doctor Professor Slime to you, God-Mod!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Mehah!
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 2:13 pm

My family is extremely nosy so they all know my and my brother rollplay and frequently tell it to family friends, which I find a little bit annoying because then I have to explain how it works and everything.

[Troll]Oh, and I'll keep that in mind, Mr. Slime.[/Troll]
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 3:27 am

working on an IC post. Things are about to get violent.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:11 am

Okay, this is kinda like a boss fight I guess. Meet the Mimic Drone; possibly the most powerful robot ever constructed. The Mimic Drone is held together by a series of extremely powerful electromagnetic currents, and its pieces are made of a material unknown to 99% of sentient species in our galaxy. Basically, this thing really packs a punch. Nobody knows which race created it, but the drones basically pop up every once in a while in random places and wreak havoc. I don't want any autohitting in this fight, as this machine is extremely hard to damage.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:28 am

Liam. Seriously. Two sentences isn't a paragraph.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:35 am

I was just about to say that. Liam, this time because we were all being bitchy at you, I'll cut you some slack, but please try to make longer posts.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:13 pm

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited by TheⓍperator on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:54 pm

You may as well tell a cat to use the litter box, because neither the cat nor Liam isn't really going to understand what you're saying. Perhaps you should try to teach him how to make bigger and better posts.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Making longer posts is relatively easy if you include your character's thought process, as well as the different things they could do, before you say what they actually did. It makes it easier to get a five-sentence paragraph like people want you to post on a regular basis, even if making long posts can be difficult. I should also mention that the forum makes long posts look pitifully small, even if you spent hours writing them.

Hey, I think I'm gonna switch to this color for my posts, I like the paler color.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Just writing the thought process of the character to make your posts longer is cheating, really. Even moreso, it's boring. It's inefficient to just have a post full of dialog, you must add material to it and you can do that by describing the environment around you. You can enhance the scenery and the actions of those around you with just a few artful words.

"Steven walked by the park" could easily be changed to: "Steven looked over at the mirthful sound of playing children and singing blue songbirds as he walked past the park. Its border was fenced in with a thick and finely-trimmed hedged with a few small trees aligned alongside it. The park itself was a bright and rich green with clean sidewalks streaming on either side. In the center stood an old oak tree, sheltering the picnicking families that sat beneath it."

That little bit that I added can change one small line into a small paragraph. What I added is just one of the simplest things you can do to improve a sentence (or part of a sentence) into something you can truly visualize. You can take it further and describe the air - hot or cold? Dry or humid? Was the sky clear and blue, or was it dark and cloudy? If it's dark and cloudy, you can describe the families looking up and collecting their things before it began to rain. Describe the far off sounds of rumbling thunder foreboding the story, and the gloomy, lugubrious clouds that accompany it. Think of a movie scene and describe the mood, or the kind of emotions and connotations attached to those scenes.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Heres's the way I see it; the best writer can write a thousand words about nothing, basically; maybe a single dead leaf falling through the air; maybe the feel and the experience of just standing there, breathing that air and being alive.

Look lieo, this rp isn't some kinda school or something just because you think it's less official or some clever bullshit like that. We have an abundance of rp guides in the strategy section ready to be read, and I'm sure at least one talks about making posts longer. It's not my duty to instruct him; it's his own, just like every role player did. Now here's how this is going to work; I don't want you posting in my OOC again unless you are in this rp. I've had enough of people who can't mind their own damn businesses and stay out of my rp because they're so desperate to stick their abnormally large noses into my roleplays. Get out, and don't come back. You'd say the same thing if you owned the rp and I were the one mouthing off like a jackass.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Thank you Lieo for that information that helped a lot more than criticism.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
Heres's the way I see it; the best writer can write a thousand words about nothing, basically; maybe a single dead leaf falling through the air; maybe the feel and the experience of just standing there, breathing that air and being alive.

Look lieo, this rp isn't some kinda school or something just because you think it's less official or some clever bullshit like that. We have an abundance of rp guides in the strategy section ready to be read, and I'm sure at least one talks about making posts longer. It's not my duty to instruct him; it's his own, just like every role player did. Now here's how this is going to work; I don't want you posting in my OOC again unless you are in this rp. I've had enough of people who can't mind their own damn businesses and stay out of my rp because they're so desperate to stick their abnormally large noses into my roleplays. Get out, and don't come back. You'd say the same thing if you owned the rp and I were the one mouthing off like a jackass.

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 Tumblr_mji0oaUgTI1qapevzo1_400
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:52 pm

I have a solution to this problem. Lieo, how about you and Liam PM each other so you can help him without making Maxx mad.

Infact, you should actually be something like the resident writing critic/Advisory personal so that you could give advice to people as to how to write better quality posts so Maxx doesn't have to get after them about bad writing.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll feed him for a life time.

That's you could do, teach since you have more experience and time to dedicate to that than most people.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Spam removed by Maxx.

Last edited by Lithium Americium on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:

Yeah, god forbid people help each other. That is a ridiculous notion that has no place in a high end roleplay such as this.

While the guides are there to help for the people who need it, most of them are ripped – this doesn’t make the guides any less valid of course, I still encourage the use of them. However, they’re also large and daunting, and more like instruction videos. They do not tell you what you’re presently doing wrong, and they just tell you what you’re supposed to be doing. You can’t interact with the guides. That is what teachers are for; they can tell you what’s wrong, they can tell you how to improve that mistake, and can provide you advice for that particular situation. Helping each other is how mankind improved as a race in the first place, because we’re savages that take care for our own. If a dude gets eaten by a pack of wolves, the entire tribe goes out and slaughters them out of revenge and make new fuzzy underwear garments.

Now the reason why your “what if it were your roleplay” analogy doesn’t work is because I don’t care if you pop in and give advice. In fact, I would even encourage it. The only time I would care is if your advice was either wrong or just plain bad. Another reason why your analogy wouldn’t work is because I know how to handle my roleplays appropriately, and when I start mouthing off, I sound smart while doing so.jocolor

So here is how it’s going to work; I will help people whenever and however I want, and nothing nor nobody is going to stop me. The reason I’m doing this at all is because I want to help and watch people and improve, to see them surpass their own expectations of themselves and become better writers. I never had a teacher, so god help me, I am going to do the best I can to make sure nobody* makes the same mistakes I did when learning.

*nobody deserving, at least.

God-mod wrote:
I have a solution to this problem. Lieo, how about you and Liam PM each other so you can help him without making Maxx mad.

Infact, you should actually be something like the resident writing critic/Advisory personal so that you could give advice to people as to how to write better quality posts so Maxx doesn't have to get after them about bad writing.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll feed him for a life time.

That's you could do, teach since you have more experience and time to dedicate to that than most people.

That’s a bit of a bold statement saying I have a crap ton of spare time to be doing this, but I appreciate the gesture.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:36 pm

@Liam: What in the hell is that GIF doing? It looks like he's eating imaginary popcorn.

@Lieo: Well, I mean you have enough time to write these advisory posts to Liam now so I'm just saying you could keep doing it, even if its spread out for lack of time. Its still helpful.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Technically I should be doing something else at the moment. Speaking of which, I'll be damned, something to do. *absconds*
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 133835448903
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next