Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POKEMON Violet OOC

Go down 
+3
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Maxx
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:22 am

um, vipes, one problem; the Evasion Clause.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:29 am

Maxx, the Pokemon and move sets I have chosen don't violate any of the common clauses, especially not the evasion clause. It's only violated if I choose evasion-boosting moves, and for the most part, I don't pay much attention to stat-raising moves of any sort.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:44 am

LOL

Maxx, Double battles, not Double-Team.

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:47 am

Oh...wait...looking back on my post...yeah...kinda deceiving, isn't it? What Op said, Maxx, I meant double battles, not using double-team.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 am

Haha

Hey Maxx, you better have a burn heal for that baton team, because I set it on fiya!

But seriously, all jokes aside, you get rid of that calm mind and give it hidden power ground/fighting (to take care of those pesky dark types) and you wont have any trouble at all.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:36 am

Status afflictions can quickly destroy opponents that rapidly switch out...so can moves that trap them, like Imprison or mean look. Can't really use the strategy if you can't switch out.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 am

Substitute can negate any status effect, and if you're boosted enough you don't have to worry about anything that would lower you. Imprison never works, as there are hundreds of moves. Unless it's completely predictable, what are the chances your opponent would have that exact same move as you?

Trap moves, like pursuit, are a low powered move that really only does real damage if it's STAB, Super effective, or has a Technician bonus.

On a side note, I feel like most of me and Maxx's fights are 50-50. I win half, he wins half.

If either really wins, it's still usually a close game.

Kinda like this:

POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 BYuYz

Last edited by TheⓍperator on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:56 am

Ninja dodge ball...nice...

Anyway, the five Pokemon I have chosen for Zared's team are Slaking, Alakazam, Crobat, Houndoom, and Luxray.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 am

One thing I like to do in double battles is pair up my Tyranitar with Hydreigon. A special sweeper and a physical tank make a great combination. Coupled with Hydreigon's very useful ability of levitar means I can hit everything on the field with earthquake EXCEPT Hydreigon and any flying types or levitators the opponent might have. Then I can proceed to kill the survivors with any kind of attack I so do desire if there are any, using Hydreigon.

Although there is the fighting type weakness, but that can be fixed using a Gengar or something.

On a side note, how broken would it be if there was another Dragon/Steel pokemon besides Dialga that was nonlegendary, with the ability levitate and pseudo stats?

We're talking one weakness, two immunities, and ELEVEN resistances with only three normal damaging types.

I fear no pokemon.

But that thought... That thought scares me.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:15 am

Well, you could teach Tyranitar Smack Down (If it can learn that) which will pin down anything that dodges ground moves. Zared's double battle team won't be very strong at first, because they'll either not have been captured, or the pre-evolved forms are weak.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
As soon as Vipes' character gets to the lab I'll post.
Really? 'As soon as'? You always say that, but you never do. Why don't you just say:
Maxx Toron wrote:
When Vipes' character gets to the lab, I'll try to reply within the next few days.
You can take your time, just don't make it sound like you're gonna post straight away. Otherwise it just looks like you're lazy.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 pm

In truth, I agree with Ultra, Maxx. You have started to develop a reputation of being a procrastinator.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm

I am a procrastinator. I also have a life. That's not meant to insult anyone here at all, but I can't spend every minute of my life posting. My life has gotten really busy; Friday I'm leaving for vacation and I haven't packed or anything. I have football as well, and now my dad's making me take a summer trig course so I can get ahead in math. So yeah, I can't tell you when I'm gonna post, but it's gonna happen. If you have a problem with the fact that I can't immediately post at the drop of a hat, I'm sorry, but you're going to have to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:30 pm

That's not what I'm saying. I'm not asking you to post straight away, I'm asking you to stop saying that you will.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:31 pm

No, what we're saying is you shouldn't say you are posting so soon if you can't. It gets people's hopes up.

I also still have to pick Zared's starter, so I want to go ahead and pick the 1-50 numbers.

20, 17, 39
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Your options are: Igglybuff, Treeko, and Pansear.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Treeko, definitely. It's one of my favorite Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm

You may choose it, but would ZARED???
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Treekco is largely considered to be a calm, relaxed Pokemon in captivity, although fierce in the wild. I would think the personality would appeal the most to Zared. Igglybuff doesn't strike me as something a male character would choose, and Pansear, while a good fire-type, is extremely energetic, to the point that it might be a little bit hard to work with.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Flaming monkeys.

Fairy types.

And grass lizards.

POKEMON!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Yep...
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Just had a surreal experience in Showdown... the other player's reaction at the end was the most unexpected part. http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle-37394411
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Some people are assholes Triop. That's life.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:31 pm

That's a perfect example of a sore loser. Don't take it personally, some people just can't stand the fact that they lost, and they insist on whining about it, even though the game was fair.
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:32 pm

But if I crushed his team easily and then he said that I'd have understood. But he kept sending out ice-weak Pokemon when he had a Ninetales, then almost killed me with his last Pokemon, THEN insulted me. I'm not even upset, just confused. It's like I was battling against 3 different people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

POKEMON Violet OOC
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next