Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

End of Infinity IC

Go down 
+2
Angelwolf99
Canis_dirus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

End of Infinity IC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 am

Zal-Tek got up, still slightly dazed. He took a short moment to stop falling over, then focused. Sairei had said something about putting shields up. He couldn't argue with that. He shook his head forcefully one last time before casting a bright golden shield, more powerful that before. He knew he wouldn't be able to dodge quite perfectly, and preferred not to take the blast from one of those beams head on.

That done, he looked up at the dragon. He was less than pleased with their progress so far, and, while he really didn't want to abandon everyone in this world, he wondered if he should just head home...
No way.
"I'm hoping you have a plan now?"
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:34 am

Sairei cast a look at Zal-Tek.

"You're the last person alive on this planet, last I checked a few minutes ago," she stated flatly. "Is there anything you cannot live without that's still here?"

She shuffled her wings, anxious.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:38 am

Zal-Tek looked at her for a moment. The last person alive.. made sense. Then her actual question struck him.
He snorted.
"Nah, I don't even live here," he said almost casually. But a lot of other people had... he tried not to think about it. He had seen worse, hadn't he? Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:49 am

"Don't live here?" Sairei repeated. She shrugged. "Alright. Hold on a moment...and...don't freak out..."

She picked up Zal-Tek as best she could, and launched into the air. This was a different sort of launch from all previous versions- this one carried the power of something unimaginable.

Beneath her the ground crumbled and broke. A sizeable earthquake ripped across the ground, sending buildings toppling to the earth. The shockwave itself should have been enough to knock over anything standing.

The rift in the ground continued to grow, spewing up hot magma and branching out to engulf chucks of the land. Several street blocks fell into the abyss, and more were to follow as it continued to spread.

The power behind Sairei's space-jump had already launched her high into the outer atmosphere. She noted the blockade of space-going Eradicators. She did not plan on sticking around long enough to fight them, and she doubted her drake friend could withstand space.

She hoped his shield was holding up.

A swirling vortex of purple light appeared in front of her as they left the planet. As an afterthought, she searched for sentient beings one last time. To her great surprise, she found one.
A powerful mind shrouded in darkness...who had been watching them!

Sairei's head whipped around to cast one last look at the planet. It now had an angry red scar lashed across it, nearly from one pole to the other, with numerous smaller cracks spreading out to engulf the entire spinning sphere.

Get out of here! she shouted mentally to the other sentient presence. She did not have time to go back for them now.

With that, she vanished through the portal with Zal-Tek. After her tail had disappeared through the space-gate, it shrank in on itself and vanished in less than a second.

Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:59 am

Zal-Tek fought to keep his shields from dying out. Space?! He couldn't talk, some combination of shock and concentration on his shields prevented him. He fed more magic into the shield, trying to get the choking feeling to stop, before he realized that it was more from the effort of holding the shields than it was lack of them. He squeezed his eyes shut.

And then it stopped. Instantly he dropped his shield, the glow around him and in his eyes died out completely, and he went halfway limp, breathing hard. He opened his eyes.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 am

Veriska chuckled at the explosion. In the aftermath she relocated the duo. Then they took off into high orbit.

Veriska cupped her mouth and yawned boredly. She saw a portal open ahead of their path, and to her surprise Veriska heard "Get out of here!" in her head. Veriska responds by laughing maniacally, as she shadow walks though the portal at the last instant.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 am

Sairei set Zal-Tek down on the floor of her dimension. She was breathing hard, the strange light from the Vortex giving everything an odd shadow. Under it's light, her minor scratches disappeared.

"You okay there?" she said, looking at Zal-Tek with concern. "Are you injured?"
She had never tried to space-jump with a passenger before, and was worried she may have killed him in the process.

In the background, Twilit watched with an open mouth.
He said nothing, knowing better than to interrupt Sairei on a rescue mission.

He did not however, like the look of the person who seemed to have followed them in.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:19 am

Zal-Tek looked around, clearly surprised and even somewhat amazed by Sairei's home. He took a few deep breaths.
"Yeah," he answered after a moment, "I'm fine."
That may have been just a bit optimistic. His fur was singed and he had used a lot more of his magic than he usually did in a day. Still, he was alive, and it wouldn't take him long to recover.

Then he noticed that there were others in the area. In a split second decision he whirled to face Veriska, the less familiar of the two, and stared her down. He didn't say a word, just looked. He used a small amount of magic to try and discern her abilities and reason for being there, it was his specialty, after all, but he didn't try very hard. She could easily block him if she wanted, assuming she even noticed.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:23 am

Sairei turned at her leisure.

"I see you got my invitation," she said sarcastically, her voice echoing around and bouncing off of unseen walls. "Welcome to my...humble home."

She turned to Zal-Tek for a moment.
"There's a fountain over there that will heal you, if you put a paw in it," she said, indicating empty space. After a moment, a hexagonal shaped platform faded into view. Atop it sat a bowl filled with what could only be described as liquid light.

---I'll put of a picture of what Sairei's home looks like on the OOC here in a minute--
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:26 am

Zal-Tek found himself unable to discern Viriska's abilities or disposition. She then returned his gaze, or what you would be her gaze if you could see her eyes. Suddenly he felt a sharp staggering pain in his head.

Viriska then turned to Sairei and responded "Cozy place you've got here. Why'd you bring it?" motioning to Zal-Tek.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:34 am

Sairei, not the most trusting of people, debated locking this creature up until she could determine it's motives. She kept that idea in reserve, and refrained from remarking that her home was more accommodating to those she liked.

"It's my job," Sairei answered evenly. "I am supposed to save people from apocalyptic disasters such as what we just witnessed."

"She's good at it too," Twilit said helpfully.

"...Usually. I seem to have messed up pretty badly this time."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:50 am

Zal-Tek growled suddenly under his breath. Beaten at his own game, as if he had been trying. Still, he intended to find out what this person wanted, one way or another.

He looked at the fountain Sairei had indicated, then nodded. "Thanks," he said, walking towards the fountain, "I'm Zal-Tek, by the way." He placed one paw carefully in the fountain, and soon he was healed perfectly. It reminded him of Akai. As stuck up as she could be, he still liked her most of the time.

Anyway, there was still the matter of introductions, which he seemed to have started. Zal-Tek turned around and sat down casually where he could see everyone. He decided it would probably be a good idea not to mention what his own job was.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:02 am

Sairei smiled, liking the sound of Zal-Tek's name.
"Nice to meet you, Zal-Tek, I'm Sairei," she said over her shoulder. "Behind us is Twilit."

"Hi," Twilit said with a grin, his orange, pupiless eyes sparkling mischievously.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 am

"A heroic darkness dragon. What a joke." Veriska taunted.

Her lips curved into a crooked smile and she said "I suppose the aura your letting off even now is your way of saving people."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Sairei grinned, revealing pointed teeth. This one was clever. She liked that.

"So you've noticed my Aura," she said, "You are more perceptive than most, and yet very uninformed. My Aura has no effect here in my home- if I did I would not have brought Zal-Tek here. It would be very rude of me to accidentally kill off my guests."
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 am

"How fortunate for your sidekicks. I personally find your aura most comforting" Veriska replied coolly.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:25 am

"I see..." Sairei mumbled, a bit disturbed.

She had accidentally killed her best friend with the Aura...She had vowed to never kill with it again. It was a part of herself that she hated and feared. The worst part was, she had noticed that with age, it gained power...and that she could force it upon things to watch them writhe in agony, wither, and die.

Twilit, sensing her sudden discomfort, walked up and draped a wing over her.
She smiled sadly.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:07 am

Veriska could sense Sairei's sorrow, she ran her tongue across her upper lip. Red eyes flashed briefly in the shadows of her hood,
and she continued.

"How touching. So who was it? I hope they were okay." said Veriska sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:33 pm

"...That happened a long time ago," Sairei replied. "It is not important right now. What is important is that I have a universe to take care of, and machines are destroying it."

"Machines?!" Twilit sputtered.

"Yes.,,And if any of you know anything about them, now would be the time to speak up before I have to do any serious searching."
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:54 pm

"Probably just another end to another cycle. I won't trouble you with what that means, besides I wouldn't want to take away the fun of serious searching." Veriska replied playfully.

"Why do you want to save people so bad anyways?" she said exasperatedly. "You tussled with a few of the machines while the planet burned and died, and all you have to show for it is a horned lizard."

Veriska then turned to Zal-Tek. "So how does it feel to be traded for countless innocents?" she said with a concerned smile "I wouldn't worry about it too much. Their deaths were painless... mostly."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:40 am

"Normally, I don't save people," Sairei admitted. "Usually my presence causes more death than it averts, but this is a special case. It was not just this planet- this is a galaxy-wide event and I was trying to find out what in the Vortex was going on."

She sighed mentally. "As soon as the universe-wide disaster is averted, I go back to playing chess with Twilit."

Twilit cracked a grin at this comment.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:55 am

Zal-Tek narrowed his eyes. Veriska, he noted, talked a lot like he did when he was trying to accomplish something. But what did she want? Might as well answer, though.

"Believe me I have seen death before," he said in a slightly exasperated tone, "...I have helped to stop a creature far more powerful than those robots."

He twitched his tail. It was unfortunate that she was aware of his searching, otherwise he would already have control of the situation entirely... If only he knew what she wanted.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:20 am

"I thought it was your job to save people? You really need to make up your mind already" Veriska teased.

She noted Zal-Tek's body langunage and responded disdainfully "You've had a mere taste of whats to come."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Intense dislike suddenly branched across from Sairei and settled telepathically in Twilit's mind. It vanished as quickly as it had come. It was her way of letting Twilit know she did not like the way her words were twisted.

Sairei stared flatly at Veriska.
"It is my job to save people. It's also my job to leave people alone and let them work out their own problems. When things spiral beyond their control and I have a galaxy-wide calamity...It is then that I intervene."

Her eyes narrowed.
"Enough about me," she said casually, "why don't you introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you?"
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:56 pm

"I was beginning to think you'd never ask" Veriska chided. "I have many names, mortals refer to me as Regina Umbras. Pets like yourself may address me as Veriska" she said with a curt bow.

"Those who've seen death know enough about me, knowledge is power after all." she finished in an eloquent manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

End of Infinity IC
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next