Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost in Eukara (OOC)

Go down 
+5
Maxx
Triop5
The Stalker of Shadows
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Dolphins had a similar evolutionary path. THey were land creatures once as well.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Eh, well, biology says all life, even that which dwells on land, is still heavily tied to water, which on a molecular scale is very unique, but deceptively simple. Without water, none of us would exist.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Eh true. I think humans are 60% water.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:37 pm

On average, yes.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Theā“perator wrote:
Just so everyone knows what a Baryonyx and Rugops look like:

Spoiler:

Baryonyx! That thing is my favorite dinosaur ever.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Dinosaurs are always cool, Maxx.

At any rate, I am painting fantasy creatures for a new line of sigs to put in my rotator. I'm really getting the hang of GIMP images now.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Blarg. It's y'alls thing i guess.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Well, the first one is done.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:20 pm

I see. I still Need to get to messing round with that....
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:36 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
Dinosaurs are always cool, Maxx.

Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Well, I guess in this world, not even an Andrewsarchus is safe from predators. There's always something bigger.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Well, it looks like a lot of creatures back then were giant versions of the animals today. Check it out, a giant Orangutan!

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 300px-Gigantopithecus_v_human_v1.svg

...yeah...the render is clear, so it's hard to make out...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:42 pm

You know what would be awesome?

Seeing a heard of this moving along at one point in the RP.

They say South America is the land of the giants with Giganotosaurus and Argentinosaurus and all that. The USA has made a comeback with UCMP "Junior" and Amphicoelias.

Say hi to North America!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Holy crap! those things are HUGE!

did you know during the Ice Age the largest Mammoths Existed in North America?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:47 pm

The Silent Wisperer wrote:
Holy crap! those things are HUGE!

did you know during the Ice Age the largest Mammoths Existed in North America?

You know what they say; everything's bigger in America.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Two hundred feet. Argentinosaurus is what took the cake and made Dinosaurs the largest creatures to ever live on Earth, but Amphicoelias took it and ran. It's TWICE as long as the Blue whale. Not ten feet longer like Argentinosaurus.

Gargantuan creatures huh? I bet they were beautiful in real life. Imagine seeing a herd of three hundred of them like you would back in the late Jurassic?
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Eh, Dunno about that...
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:22 pm

ehhhhhh I really am not a fan of dinosaurs, so I'm hoping there aren't too many more in this RP.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:26 pm

yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Alright, alright. It was just a joke. Vipera wouldn't allow it anyway. Still, a guy can imagine.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm

eh. True. Still. Crazy stuff there.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Operator, I didn't find that joke funny. I want you to start including more mythical/modern animals in your posts, aside from the fish in the water, and quit making it like the RP is some past era. Put some actual seabirds in the sky, not pterosaurs, and start including a few crabs, too. Aside from fish in the ocean, you haven't mentioned a single normal animal that wasn't someone else' characters. I noticed that, and it really bugs me.

Also, on another note, I want to get the main plot underway, and I can't do that until everyone's characters in the same place, so I need everyone who doesn't have their character present to get in the same location in the cloud tree forest. Then we can start, and our characters can learn where they are, and what's happening.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Vipera, dinosaurs were huge. Even if there weren't a lot of them, they'd kind of stick out. I will get my characters to the forest soon, but I am already doing something which will hopefully involve Flox and Op with the Pliosaurus.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Maxx, that doesn't matter. I currently feel that you and Operator aren't taking me seriously, and considering I'm the GM of this RP, you don't realize how aggravating that is. I have a vision for this RP, and although people are free to have their own ideas, they should still ask me if it's okay, first. I am a very serious-minded person, and I'm more likely to take offense from jokes than to start laughing. This is the first RP I've started in a long time, and I want it to go smoothly, but so far, that hasn't been the case, not from my perspective, at least.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 pm

I asked you about the Pliosaurus. You said we could be any animal that ever lived. You never said that you had a problem with anything we did. I'm not a mind reader Vipes. I understand you don't want Dino-world, but I didn't give you Dino-world. Natural selection would imply that larger, deadlier creatures like prehistoric crocs are more fit to survive in this environment. Therefore, a gigantic crocodile living in the water (or a Pliosaurus) makes perfect sense. In other places, though, like in the forest, dinosaurs would be less fit to survive, as they're too large to fit through the trees (Op, don't chime in here please). Therefore, there'd be more modern animals in different areas.

No creature living in the ocean right now would be able to stand up to prehistoric marine reptiles.

EDIT: Flox, pms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in Eukara (OOC)
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: