Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LucanArcher
Newborn

A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* Empty
PostSubject: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Case #: ic54100
Year: 2114
Star system: Calryssi
Planet: Tyrell
Suspected crime: Murder
Victim(s): Mumuri Evaac (Female)/Avir Notothi di Nolon (Hermaphrodite)/Jimmy Vanderberg (Male)

All three victims have died in a small area in the western district of the city Lorgi. (Refer to enclosure 1 for a map of the city)  Mrs. Evaac died on the 15th of june from the effects of the Pered poison. Her death was quickly dismissed as suicide. On the 16th of june Avir and mr. Vanderberg died from the same poison. They are also suspected to have committed suicide, but the circumstances of these three deaths seem somewhat suspicious. The area is being monitored.

Lucan Archer proudly presents:
A Dance of Ghosts

A Dance of Ghosts is a sci-fi RP set in the year 2114. All player characters are members of the Private Intelligence Agency (PIA), a commercial intergalactic organisation that works together with police and military of several spacefaring empires. The PIA hires some of the greatest minds in the known universe to solve crimes and other mysteries that fall beyond the abilities of average individuals. Their latest case starts out as a series of suspicious 'suicides', but will soon develop into a challenge that may even prove too much for the milky way's finest!

Rules:
1. NO flaming, trolling, godmodding, autoing, powerplaying or anything of the kind.

2. Your character must not be too powerful. You may add awesome powers, but always balance them out with appropriate flaws.

3. This is a literate roleplay. All posts must be at least six full sentences and contain good grammar. Oh, and no emoticons please.

4. Don't kill any player characters without permission from their respective RP'er and myself.

5. No nudity or other sexual content. Also, try to limit cussing.

6. Everyone is playing as a member of the PIA. You can't openly be a 'bad guy'. Also, no one is a double agent unless I select them as one. If I want someone to become a double agent I will PM them about this myself.

7. Two or less characters per person. If your character(s) die(s), you may replace them by submitting a new character sheet. If I killed your character because you broke the rules all your future character sheets in this RP may be rejected depending on the gravity of your 'crime'.

8. Original characters only. Don't copy characters from books, movies etc.

9. If you read these rules, add 'Frozen in Carbonite' to the 'other' section of your character sheet.

10. Yes, I can break the rules just because I'm the GM. I know it kinda sucks, and my characters (npc's and villains) will mostly play by the rules, but sometimes breaking them is a necessary evil if you're a GM.  

Character Sheet

Character Name: No strings of gibberish or numbers. It can be in an alien language as long as it is a proper name.

Species Name: Speaks for itself.

Age: If your species is very long- or short-lived, also tell us their average age in human years. (For example; Legolas is 1531 years old, but because Elves age very slowly, he would be in his mid-thirties in human terms.)

Appearance: Be very detailed here. You may post a picture instead of a description or use pictures in addition to your text.

Personality: Highly intelligent people often deal with mental and/or social problems. If your character has a disorder, you must know a lot about it and make sure it is realistically written. Wikipedia is your friend here.

Weapons/Abilities: Nothing magical or otherwise lacking a logical explanation. Be creative and make use of your character's history and biology to give it an interesting set of abilities.

Flaws: Any flaws not mentioned in the personality or appearance section. You can make very powerful characters, but there must always be flaws to be exploited by their adversaries.

Other: Anything else we need to know about the character.

Last edited by LucanArcher on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Archer, this looks like fun, but it would be in your best interest to get members before making an IC. Just my 2 cents. I'd like to join, but I am in too many rps right now. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Oh, thanks. That's the kind of thing that happens with your first RP. Laughing Too bad you can't join. Well that's life I suppose.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:29 pm

I'd like to join this. If accepted my character sheet is as follows.

Character Name: Jenny Talton

Species Name: Human cyborg

Appearance: Click here.

Notes: In the picture Jenny is wearing her suit, which includes an optional helmet. She also makes use of a trench coat, and on occasion other outfits.

Personality: Jenny is a good natured operative that carries herself with dignity and grace. She takes pride in her work, and prefers to let her actions speak for her. Jenny is a strong practitioner of teamwork, but would rather go solo that deal with an arrogant squad member. She is cool and collected in the face of danger, and not afraid to take risks for the greater good. It is because of her sacrifices in the past that she had to replace much of her body with machine. This results in Jenny seeming to have to have two personalities as she constantly has to fight for control of her machine side; which is cold, calculating, and emotionless.

Weapons/Abilities:
Vibroblade (ultra hard katana that vibrates at an incredible speed, making even the slightest touch devastating)
Metal storm hand cannon (a large, burst capable handgun that uses plastic explosive in its bullets. Jenny utilizes many ammo types including: explosive, tracker, High velocity, armor piercing, and flechette)
Arc gun (cordless tazer that also has a lethal setting)
Laser cutter
Mass driver (rifle that fires electromagnetically propelled slugs, it has too much kickback for an ordinary human)
Grenades (situational use: stun, proton, emp ect.)
Cloaking device (conceals user from visual detection and radar)
Focault field (magnetic field that stops metal projectiles)
Magnetic grip (electromagnets in hands and feet for scaling metal surfaces)
Anti-grav jets (jets only strong enough to propel the user in a weightless environment)
Augmented vision (infrared, telescopic, and gamma)
Cyber brain (can send and receive information and communications with her brain)
Neuro hacking (the ability to use her augmented brain to hack things, this requires a direct connection)
Targeting computer
Voice modulator

Flaws:
Machine weaknesses (this encompasses being hacked, system glitches, being shut down by electromagnetic pulses and other vulnerabilities of machines)
Requires maintenance and repairs

Other: Jenny has features including inhuman strength, improved reaction time, heightened senses, immunity to the vacuum of space, no need for oxygen, an auto shutdown protocol, and insulation against temperature and electricity.
Her body is made of a strong light weight composite, as is her armored suit.

Jenny's body and gear are most likely made with carbon nanotubes, unless there is something stronger and more light weight in this future.

Frozen in Carbonite

Last edited by Veriska on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:22 am; edited 43 times in total
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:36 pm

I can't decide if your sheet is good or not. You need to be way more extensive. You should start by actually explaining what her abilities do instead of just listing the names. Also, please specify how she is vulnerable to the thins listed under 'flaws', and give me a more detailed description of her personality if possible.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Sorry for being vague. I am used to participating in epic level RP's where most that I listed is common knowledge. I will revise.

Last edited by Veriska on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:44 pm

I'll try and have a character sheet made. I don't know when, though.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:17 pm

I updated my character sheet to be more informative. Please let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:15 am

Much better. Your character sheet is accepted. Don't post IC yet, though. I think we should wait 'till we have more members before starting the story.
Back to top Go down
monkeymae24
Newborn
monkeymae24

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:31 pm

((I understand this may be considered "old" in this site, but might I join if you're still interested in doing this?))
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Yes, I still plan to get this going, but we have too few players now. I want to wait until I have at least 5 members. Feel free towrite up a character sheet, though.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:41 am

Oh my frog, I forgot all about this >o< I'm so sorry. I'll get to work on a character sheet ;3
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
monkeymae24
Newborn
monkeymae24

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:30 am

Okay. I'll post later. Im on mobile right now so yeah. xc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*   A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!* Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dance of Ghosts (OOC) *Looking for members!*
Page 1 of 1