Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Anthro Ages OOC

Go down 
+4
Mr Allen J
The Stalker of Shadows
ViperaUnion
Derkal
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

The Anthro Ages OOC Empty
PostSubject: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:50 pm

The Anthro Ages

Once a Lake existed. Random, and in the middle of swirling space. A void with clusters of stars, moons, planets, and more. It was some form of void the creature did not know. It did not know who it was, where it can from, or where it was. But for some reason it felt the odd urge to jump into the lake. It did.

The Lake was magic and exploded upon contact with the creature, but it did not explode with flames--it exploded with life. The lake poured out life and the void wrapped around into a whole new world. Some of the stars formed into animals, molding into creatures. The planets became parts of the world and stitched the fibers of the realm.

Some of the animals molded into different creatures. They began to stand upright like humans. They were athromorphized. They grew minds and great powers, near-human intellect. But some of them grew minds that were greater than the human mind itself. Their powers were great and their minds were peaceful. It was only a matter of time before they were civilized. They began making castles and futuristic technology all at once. Their minds were so powerful that they had began in a state that we humans would consider unimaginable.

They however did not build empires or giant cities. They had small kingdoms so that they would not poison their world. However the kingdoms are rarely inhabited. Most of the creatures prefer to live in dens in the forests and wilderness.

The creatures, more commonly called things like "Anthros", "Anths", or even "Anthies" were peaceful. They did not have wars between each other. Their philosophy was if two people had a problem between each other, they had to settle it themselves--between just the two of them. Thus there were rarely any attacks, any warlike events. They did not want to poison their world... this world was called Athonia.

Athonia is filled with vast forests, swirling mountains, crystal seas, scorching deserts, graceful jungles, blistering tundras, deep canyons, and so much more. But now the world is in trouble. There is a man who lives in a temple up on a mountain in the far East. There are no leaders in the world, except for alphas of packs and such. But no emperors or kings, queens, princesses even. So most people go to this man for guidance and for good advice.

He is the Sage and he is the wisest of every being in the world. He was given magical powers by a Spirit who met him one day in a garden. He has been gifted with wisdom ever since. Now he is very sick and without him, the world will be in great peril. Without him, peace may fall. And none of the medically wise Anthros can figure out what is wrong with him--what is making him sick. Many fear it may be the glowing flowers in his throne room, some think it's simply because he's getting old. But he's lived for hundreds of years and the other wise men have predicted that he should still live a few hundred more. But this sickness is in the way of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome

Welcome to Anthro Ages. I got the idea of this RP today while I was looking over pictures on dA and they were pretty cool. Basically, in this story you'll play as an anthromorph which is an animal or fantasy creature turned into a humanoid. An example would be a human body, but covered with find and with the head of a fish-like creature, webbed toes and fingers, gills, a tail, etc.

Magic and extreme technology are both allowed, but don't go crazy on the technology please. I'd like to keep a good, flow of nature in this RP. The rules are simple:
_______________________________________________________________________________________

DaRules

1. No godmodding, powerplaying, etc.
2. No trolling, spaming, flamming, etc.
3. Do not kill off another person's character unless they say it's okay.

4. I am extremely laid back about magical abilities, but try to make them match up with your character's "feel", example: a fish-like anthro would probably have magic that resides of the element of water. Of course, your character's powers do not under necessarily have to be of only one element. Just don't overdo it.

5. I'm going to allow drugs, alcohol, swearing, and sexual themes to an extent. Do not overuse or abuse them. Also remember that in a different world, the creatures may have different types of drugs, kinds that involve some sort of magic. Keep it different and keep it pushed away from humanly natures.

6. You can make a relatively bad character just don't make them go completely evil for no reason and go around on a rampage killing people. I hate that. I'm guilty of doing it in the past but still. No major villains. I may allow someone to start a major villain later on in the story but for now, no.

7. Literacy. I expect a short paragraph a the very least. To me this is about four sentences, perhaps five.

8. Even though they are in a relatively peaceful realm, there are still going to be deaths. Natural tragedies can occur, bumps along the road. Wild rabid animals can come along, a tree could fall during a thunderstorm, you get the jist. And there will be a few fight scenes, don't get me wrong. Later on in the story more bad shades may storm into some of the characters. Time and progression of the Anthros will tell if that happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet

Name:

Age: (please keep it between 12 and 70 unless it's a special case)

Appearance: (you can mix an animal with a human body or you can mix a human body with something totally different like say, a dragon. Things like cybernetics are allowed to an extent too)

Personality:

History:

Abilities:

Strengths & Weaknesses: (Be sure to describe both)

Other:

Last edited by Darkel on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Accepted Characters
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:52 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:52 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:55 pm

reserved, just in case. You may now post.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I am somewhat interested in this, but I want to know what the story is about, are we trying to cure the sick Sage, or is there going to be a war we have to stop?
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm thinking I need to find a more constructive use of my time, but I'll bite. I might join it, but I want to know if there is there a story or is it more of the Sandbox Variety?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:34 pm

When Sage is found like this, people begin to get very scared, anxious, and panicky. So they begin to form tiny clans for protection and guidance. Conflict will arise between a few of the packs and the only way to settle all the tensions is to find out what's wrong with Sage.

It will be a bit Sandbox. The story itself, it's going to be progressed by everyone together. Though I am the GM in this, the players will sculpt the plots.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Eh. I'll join it.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Excellent! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:06 pm

I'll get a sheet up sometime either today or tomorrow or the day after.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:06 pm

... Oh god....
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:25 pm

What? Is Timmy trapped in a well again?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 pm

It's looking like Tomorrow. Really I'm too tired to do a lot of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Okay, well I'll be back Wednesday, in two days. So I should be able to read over it. It'll give you plenty of time to write it.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:33 pm

YAY! I just stayed up till 1AM and got up at 1am. So i was stupid. Plus we didn't have any coffee at all today so it was and still is a long day.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:47 am

I will try to think of something, but no guarantee how long it will take.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

I hear Ya!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Okay, I have an idea for three characters, but they aren't going to be based on a single animal. I'm thinking of one person based on a jellyfish, another based on several birds and a leopard, and another based on a shark and a hedgehog.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Oh those sound interesting. I anticipate their sheets! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Meh I'll get around to the sheet.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 1:36 am

Finished one of the sheets!

Name: Walker

Appearance: Walker in many ways appears to be both a large cat and bird Anth. Being tall, standing at 6’1”, with broad shoulders, a long neck, and a powerful, muscular form, he clearly appears to be athletic. His body retains many human-like dimensions and features, although his head appears to be that of a leopard’s, he has a tail, and his hands and feet are tipped with sharp, retractable claws, rather than normal nails. However, rather than being covered in fur, he is covered in feathers. The feathers on his body have an oily, waterproof coating similar to a sea bird, and most of them are a pale slate grey color. However, the feathers are paler on his neck, and on his chin, they become almost white in color. The feathers above his eyes are streaked with black, and the feathers starting on his forearms and calves are a pale brown, similar in coloration to a Great Blue Heron. His eyes are a pale yellow color, and his teeth are pure white. His typical attire seems to be Egyptian in nature, overall. He wears a modest shenti around his waist, which is made out of linen and is a natural ecru (pale yellow-green tan) color, with a hole in the back for his tail, coming down to just above the knees. He does not wear a shirt, however, although he does wear bangles on his arms, which are made out of pale white shell that sparkle with iridescent light. He has three on each forearm, and then a single one just below each shoulder. He also wears single bangles just above his ankles. He wears a Panama hat that is the same color as his shenti and shrouds his eyes and the upper part of his face, with the alteration of a strap that goes under the chin so that it does not blow off with a strong gust of wind. He often carries around with him a special spear, the shaft smooth and polished, seemingly made out of dark grey hickory wood. The spear tip is smooth, serrated, and made from rainbow obsidian, a morph of the original stone (Said to have magical properties) that shines with various colors depending on the light cast on it. The spear’s expertly crafted tip is tied onto the shaft with strips of tightly braided black linen, which is tied into complex knots that make it impossible for them to unravel or be untied. Woven into this knot are two feathers. One is very small, and appears to be a down feather, while the other is a long plume, like a primary. Both feathers have a fine, soft texture to them, although they appear to be from different creatures. The small down feather for the most part appears to be a bright yellow-white color, and looks normal during the day, but glows beautifully in the dark. The primary feather is pure black in color, but reflects a yellow and blue sheen, regardless during the time of day, no other colors involved. When the spear is used to strike at something, this feather crackles with electricity, indicating that it, and the spear itself, is magical.

Personality: Walker is generally a kind, friendly person to everyone he meets, and especially towards those he has known for a long time. Often welcoming towards strangers, he readily takes them to the cave where he and several other Anths live, offering them a meal, provisions, and if it’s late, a place to stay during the night. He is nice to most others, and will remain polite, even if he does not like them very much, although he may be more likely to avoid them, if it is possible to do so without alerting them to how he feels. Typically meaning no harm towards anyone, he is usually a pacifist who only fights when he absolutely needs to. However, whenever he or his home is threatened, he quickly becomes the opposite of his usual self. He can grow moody, mistrustful, and may even randomly attack someone who gets too close, mistaking them for a threat. He may be prone to long periods of silence, and may refuse to answer when someone is speaking to him, often too lost in thought to even notice. A fisherman much of the time, he often quietly stands on rocks, wielding his spear, waiting for fish to pass by, although he sometimes enters the forest or jungle to hunt. Walker’s spear is one of his most prized possessions, and he always keeps it close by. Due to the isolated location of his home, Walker lacks technical knowledge, and is unable to read or write properly.

History: Walker grew up in a very small tight-knit community of Anths that were very different in regards to appearance, although what they lacked in form, they made up with incredibly strong friendships that could endure even some of the harshest storms. Living in a maze of caverns that were located beneath a jungle, and near an ocean, food was typically tropical fruit and fish, although wild game was sometimes eaten, as well. Growing up, Walker trained using his father’s magic spear in combat, hunting, and fishing, making him a huge provider of food. Due to isolation, however, Walker has no technical knowledge, and is still unable to properly read and write, having learned things by word of mouth, rather than from books. Despite this, he is skilled in many other things, has great potential to learn, and knows how to survive in the wild without technology.

Abilities: Walker’s natural skills are purely physical, with no magic of any sort whatsoever. Because of this, his powers, while extremely useful, have little complexity. A fusion of bird and big cat, Walker is armed with incredible physical attributes. Having bones that are hollow, yet extremely strong and flexible, he weighs far less than he actually looks, and as a result, is capable of athletic feats that easily surprise and surpass others. He is capable of climbing to the topmost (And thinnest) branches of trees without breaking them, and armed with a natural talent for scaling trees, can reach their tops quickly, and even descend headfirst. His powerful legs permit him to jump extremely far into the air, and although he cannot truly fly, Walker can create the illusion of doing so, as he could easily cross the span of a ravine in one single leap. With extreme endurance and speed, Walker can travel an incredible distance without tiring. His hands are strong enough to crush bone, and his punches and kicks can be lethal to most vulnerable opponents. Walker’s powerful retractable claws can effectively be used in the place of a weapon. He can also see in dim light, and has stronger hearing and smell than others.

Walker’s spear, while not an actual part of him, is his main form of combat, although he does not need it to be dangerous in battle. This spear, having been made with various special materials, is endowed with great magical properties that make it sometimes even more dangerous than more modern weaponry. The tip of the spear, made out of rainbow obsidian, gives the spear the ability to touch and pierce any enemy, regardless if it is physical, or ethereal, or of what element it is strongly linked to. As a result, form alone cannot defend against the spear, and armor of sorts must be used to prevent the user from being touched. The spear’s two feathers give it power as well. The smaller feather makes it so that the spear will light the way, making it useful for being in dark places where other light sources are not handy. There are other charms associated with this feather, as well, as it is regarded multiple times as being both a blessing and a curse, although they are not linked to combat. The large black feather on the spear makes it strongly effective against water or sky-related creatures, as it causes lightning to course down the tip of the spear and into whatever it stabs. This can stun larger enemies, and kill smaller creatures. It cannot hurt the user of the spear, so long as they hold it by the shaft.

Strengths & Weaknesses: Due to not having any of them naturally, Walker’s greatest weakness is his overall lack of understanding regarding the elusive nature of magic. He will often be unable to tell at first glance the vulnerabilities and strengths of magical enemies, and often only learns them by accident, after some event or another indicates what they are. Walker typically does better fighting other creatures that use physical strengths, as his own physical prowess puts him at an advantage. However, Walker is armed with a powerful magic spear, which makes the idea of him defeating a magical opponent more likely, as he stands a chance of wounding what normal attacks would do nothing against. Unfortunately, as it is only a spear, it’s only useful so long as Walker is the one holding it. In addition, the strange, mysterious glowing down feather that is attached to it is frequently regarded as both a blessing and a curse, for various reasons. It is believed that while the feather can sometimes be helpful, it also can cause great misfortune to the wielder. Walker is also illiterate, and does not know how to read or write. He can only properly spell and sound out his own name.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:27 am

I have made one as well.

Name: Semira

Appearance: Click here.

Personality: Semira's personally can be described as cold blooded and playful. To her life is a deadly game, one where the strongest contester wins. She learned this one winter nearly a century ago. She is always smiling and giggling, and trying to get others to play games. Her favorite is hide and go seek. Some never return, others come back and claim to have actually enjoyed the experience. Every so often she gets bored with her games, and goes looking for something dangerous and exciting. She craves this so much that she is prone to helping people with dangerous tasks.

History: Semira was hatched in a massive cave system that runs bellow a mountainous forest. She and her siblings used to feed off the local wild life and population before the cold weather made it impossible to hunt. Driven by hunger they began to kill and eat one another. She was terrified and she tried to hide, but in the end she had to track her remaining kin through the tunnels one by one and eat them to survive. When Semira's body matured at 11 years of age (which for her species is equivalent to 16) a dark talent that her mother passed on through her blood awakened. Ever since then she has been extremely bold, and has secretly played major roles in key events over the years. She has also been know to take on challenging missions for those that can offer incentive. However the number of people brave or desperate enough to seek her help over the decades have been far and few.

Abilities:

• Semira can transverse vertical surfaces, and ceilings
    She is able to sense vibrations through the ground and her webs
    Semira secretes a deadly hallucinogenic neurotoxin, which paralyzes the target and makes them see horrible things (absorbed through the skin or injected via bite)
    She can also secrete an acid that eats through just about anything, her blood is also filled with it
    Semira can spin ultra strong webs extremely fast, she is able to coat these with her venom
    She can hatch spiderlings for use as minions
    She has perfect night vision and can pick up on the chemical electrical signals creatures bodies let off
    Semira is also a master practitioner of the dark arts

Strengths & Weaknesses: Semira's eight eyes make her very perceptive. Years of vile rituals have toughed her against magic. Spiders speed and reaction time are exceeding quick. Her body is physically strong, and has two sets of lungs. She has a hard chiton that is resilient to physical damage, and resistant to flame. However prolonged exposure to intense heat will boil her in carapace. She similarly vulnerable to the cold. Being a spider Semira can't swim whatsoever, and spending so much time in the dark makes bright light hard on her eyes.

Other: I know you don't want a villain, so I thought I'd address this. Semira isn't evil, more of misguided in her pursuit of power. While she enjoys killing, she is conservative only doing so when she needs food or spell components.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:27 pm

hmmm i think ill join too when i can make a character sheet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anthro Ages OOC   The Anthro Ages OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anthro Ages OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: