Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)

Go down 
+9
Shade Forgot His Password
The Real Shade
True Night
DemDogg
Celo "The Moms"
JunkMail
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Mr Allen J
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 pm

where'd the old OOC go?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 pm

The system automatically trimmed it and made a copy. It's somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Dammit... If I can't access the old sheets I'm gonna have a lot of problems. I didn't keep files of all my sheets, as I made some of them in the reply box, not on docs.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 pm

It's here https://roleplex.rpg-board.net/t124-the-othergrounds-superpower-ooc-always-open

But, Vipes or Nick needs to unlock it or give mods power in that section.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:48 pm

It's going to have to be Op, Lone, for some reason the section isn't coming up on my admin panel.
Back to top Go down
Shade Forgot His Password
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:19 am

Mr Allen J wrote:
Um, I'm almost a post with my characters reacting to Luce in the hallway.
My bad. I need to start being nice to everybody, I've become kind of a d*ck lately. I need somebody to throw me an intervention or something.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 am

I'll have Nobody interact with Frillerfang soon. I should have a post up tonight.

Anyway, here's the OP.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:43 am

Three ideas in mind:
  • Damon rehash. Really man, there is so much potential for this guy plus the roleplay he participates in and I never got a chance to get far in a RP while using him. Classic 3-dimensional character, easy to sympathize with, really neat power, what's not to love?
  • A character loosely based off myself. Will probably have the biological animation power I discussed earlier, 3-dimensional, likely to be relatable, more character-centered, less emphasis on his powers.
  • Athletic black guy that boxes and fisticuffs his foes into the ground with hands made of stone, enhanced strength and durability. Rigged to be a badass, professional sass-master. Will have character of course, but will be rather closed in and will be blocking off other people from his personal feelings. Will initially appear more 2-dimensional than the others, but will open up and reveal his story to the other characters provided the plot goes a certain way.

Torn.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:24 am

The animation thing is a little...disquieting to me. So your character can basically control zombies, or would those "zombies" have a consciousness? Because bringing a body back from the dead with the same character that it had while alive is really, really messed up. Not saying it's not a good idea, but he would have a lot of leverage over enemies if he could torture them with their dead friends.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:46 am

You're physically animating them and having them perform whatever actions according to your will. So no, no conscious. It's like puppeteering, except being an actual puppeteer would require your undivided attention. This, you're animating a body and having them do what you want to. So I suppose that would require some form of psychic ability to implant an idea or action into the mind - obviously not literally, since they're, y'know, dead. I think it is best explained as metaphysical? They're the mindless undead, you're not supposed to think about it too hard! Razz

But yes, that thought did occur to me. That'd most likely happen if there was some sort of dispute within the group, which would have to force him to raise a body who could, unbeknownst to him, be one of the other character's friends at some point.

Even more fun? Raising a comatose character and having them fight against their friends. Aw man, that's so sadistic.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:57 am

I'd say either go for the first one (lul Damon) or the second one--- Because I think the second one would be really cool. The third one is meh to me.

Now, I've indexed all sheets currently posted in the character deposit. I will be making some (small) changes to my sheets, then I'll post all of mine.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:22 am

Nick has unlocked the old thread, so you all can easily dig out your sheets out of the index. Though, almost everyone has already posted their sheets.

Btw, you can take this character move as a good time to make some (small) changes/touch ups to your. I have made some touch ups to mine (Fixing contradictions, and changing a few things).
I should probably write up Gabe's personality and outfit on her sheet. Since I already mapped out her personality mentally.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Posted a sheet in the Cast thread.

Not a very good one mind you, I was rushing to get it in, otherwise I would've spent all day on it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:53 pm

One thing; there's a little rule that I set up that if you choose Omicron as your character's burst; you can only have that. So, uh, either make Omicron his sole burst, or nix the Omicron part and have other bursts.

Everything else checks out fine.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Set to Omicron.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Alright. Added him to the OP.

So, is there anyone you want Jesse to interact with? There is quite a bit of potential for interaction already.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Aw hell, let's play Jesse AND Damon! What could go wrong?

As for your question, I'm not entirely sure who all the characters are. In fact, I still don't know what's happened in the roleplay so far. I guess Jesse could talk to Lily first?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Oh yeah, I'll PM you the summery of the story I told Veriska in the chat last night.

And naturally, Damon is accepted.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Now I just have to figure out a post. I'm reading the last two pages to get an idea, but I can't see a very good place to go in. You've got this thing going with Luce in one group, and I just can't think of anything to do regarding the group consisting of Johnny, Taylor and Ryan.

Like, how would Johnny react to a. a teenager a year or so younger timidly walking in or b. a grown man walking around wondering what all the noise is about. Neither of them would be willing to talk about their power, neither of them know about the traitor business, Jesse is probably scared or nervous, yknow, about being in an abandoned building all of a sudden.

Speaking of which, how should Jesse enter? Wakes up, walks in, what?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Lieo wrote:
Now I just have to figure out a post. I'm reading the last two pages to get an idea, but I can't see a very good place to go in. You've got this thing going with Luce in one group, and I just can't think of anything to do regarding the group consisting of Johnny, Taylor and Ryan.

I would appreciate it if nobody else approached Drake's group. Since like twenty different people just walked up to them, and it's starting to get silly. =P

Lieo wrote:
Like, how would Johnny react to a. a teenager a year or so younger timidly walking in or b. a grown man walking around wondering what all the noise is about. Neither of them would be willing to talk about their power, neither of them know about the traitor business, Jesse is probably scared or nervous, yknow, about being in an abandoned building all of a sudden.
Johnny would probably point a finger gun at either of them, regardless of appearance, and ask a few questions about them. He's really paranoid of all the newcomers that have been showing up, and is more or less automatically hostile towards them.

Lieo wrote:
Speaking of which, how should Jesse enter? Wakes up, walks in, what?

Well, I don't really care how new characters get introduced anymore, so, you can have him just wake up and walk in on something.

One of your guys could meet Hunter and Victoria. They're just wandering around the halls of the dorm. I haven't done anything with them since the start of the act. So, they could just bump into Damon/Jesse and have a quick chat.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:42 am

Posting here is on my to-do list. I'm approximately 56.4% done a post, but this one is gonna be kinda long (or at least it's intended to be).
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 am

What was the last post regarding Victoria and Hunter? Ripping apart a dorm looking for keys, walking through the hallway to the Administration building?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:11 am

Lieo wrote:
What was the last post regarding Victoria and Hunter? Ripping apart a dorm looking for keys, walking through the hallway to the Administration building?
Yeah, that was the last one I wrote. I can write another one if you like.

I was pretty vague about where in the dorms they were. So, they could still be in the dorms, just towards the entrance.

EDIT: Maxx, can you put your sheets in seperate posts, please. Unless you want all your chars to be bunched up in one hotlink.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:14 am

I can have Damon overhear the ruckus and investigate what's going on. In fact, he could lead them to the administration wing. He did work there for a while, after all.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 am

Sure that'd be cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)
Page 6 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next