Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)

Go down 
+9
Shade Forgot His Password
The Real Shade
True Night
DemDogg
Celo "The Moms"
JunkMail
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Mr Allen J
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 pm

I was thinking since a lot of characters already have powers linked to either darkness or negative energies, Tom could wind up controlling photons, which is basically the imagined medium that is responsible for carrying EM waves. If he learns how to use his power, he'll be able to do a lot of stuff with light, even generate photon energy himself, though I'm going to say he's cosmic, because his energy would operate similar to the way a star would, and he would also have more power in bright sunlight. It would be a very strong power, compared to my other characters, but he wouldn't have much control over it. Unlike my other Omicron mutants, his powers aren't an advanced form of what he already knows, they're a complete change.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:01 am

*Has a post ready.

*Computer eats it.

CENSORED it. I'll post tomorrow.

EDIT: If you say the jimmies have been rustled Allen, I swear...
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 am

Celo wrote:
"I ran into these two people- Drake and VIctoria-

Don't you mean Hunter? =P

Drake was underground fighting the Oozium at the time.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:47 am

Uh...Lone...do I have your permission to give Tom the Omicron burst?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:49 am

Long as there's no animals involved, yes.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:53 am

Good, 'cause I didn't want to get animals involved with Tom. Tom still has physical mutations that might advance slightly, but that's more like a change of eye color, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:54 am

I ment to type Hunter- I just accidently typed Drake because they're siblings so my mind automatically processed putting Drake and Victoria. Uuuuuuugh sorry my brain's dead from studying 2 hours of trig and chemistry.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Double post mania! Okay, so I edited in a short paragraph with Jack's pov on it.
Back to top Go down
XxWildFirexX
Newborn
XxWildFirexX

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Name:tyson andrews
Nicknames: Raven
Height: 6"3
Weight: 193

Appearance

Hair Color: jet black
Eye Color: grey
Nationality: caucasian
Physical Appearance: Tyson is a human with 4% genetically engineered avian dna with jet black hair down to his shoulders that covers most of his facial features. he has a scar above his right eye he has black wings that as it layers down fade to white his wingspan is 15 feet when outstretched his bones are lighter than a humans due to his avian dna causing his bones to have various air pockets within them his lungs are enlarged to better support the endurance and cardio needed to keep up with his light swift movements his metabolism is extremely faster then than of a regular human which makes his nutrition intake high. he has a tattoo of a raven in flight which is manly why most call him raven he is quiet which cause some to think of him as a mute even though if he has an opinion of a subject of importance he is of no hesitation to express his thoughts he has a slight accent which usually only surfaces when he is mad he does have quite a temper but is patient and it takes him awhile to even get frustrated he likes the presence of people because in silence he is left lost in thought even though he is very untrusting of strangers.
Attire: Tyson usually wears black jeans with a black deep cut v t-shirt with a zip up hoodie with light weight military boots but on occasions he wears a sleek trench coat with black and white tripp pants and a white chapel band t

Personality

Innate Personality: he is lonely mostly he thinks of the day when everything changes and he wont be alone he is good at hiding his emotions even though he is tormented by thoughts of his twisted past in a lab being experimented on
Outward Personality: he is usually quiet and listens to every detail of a conversation before making any kind of statement if any if he trusts someone which is seldom he is more open to laugh and cut up
Hobbies/Skills: he likes to draw and sculpt he is trained in hand to hand combat and aerial maneuvers
History/Bio: he was abducted from his mothers house at age of 4 so he only has faint memories of her he was taken to a lab in the ozarks in the mid west of missouri where he was tested on and spent the next 9 years there training to be a weapon for the military he escaped during a flight lesson when he was 13 and has been on the run since he has only had one friend which died in that unholy lab from a accident during an experiment since then he has avoided making any contact with another living being he has caused the deaths of the few who tried to help him while running from the government which has caused his heart to start to grow cold
Favorite color: (Favorite color here)

Abilities

Power Class: (Super System, Animal/Plant, Extra-Sensory

Power: he has wings super human strength and speed he has the sight of a falcon and is silent while being able to slow his breathing till even his heart stops making a noise his hearing is as good as a hawks his brain was tampered with to an extent that he can access 38% of his brain instead of the usual 10% with this he is extremely intelligent and has become able to use a healing factor mending even broken bones and internal bleeding in a matter of minutes
Weaknesses: his avian dna causes his bones to be weaker his compassion for others causes him to feel a need to help anyone in danger even if it means his own death

Burst Potential: Alpha Burst, Gamma Burst, and Omicron Burst

Other: he has no family or friends that he knows of and he doesn't plan on letting anyone in easily.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Ahem, I don't have the authority to accept or dismiss your sheet, but here are my two cents on it:

It has been stated on numerous occasions, clear as day, that Allen wants to avoid the experimented on and escaped shtick. Now, for myself to add upon that, he was abducted at age four, so lab life was all he ever knew, right? In a military base, right? Military bases are often located in the middle of nowhere such as massive airfields, deserts, ocean carriers, et cetera. Especially if they're experimenting with meta humans. Not only would that life be the only thing he knows and would probably accept it as normal, he likely wouldn't know where to go, and he could be caught up with easily.

Physically, your body shouldn't be able to weigh that much with hollow bones, and 6 feet 3 inches is monstrous for a seventeen year old boy. The only thing that could possibly justify a heavier weight would be that the muscles in his wings has more power per strand, but even that is pushing it. I actually wouldn't expect him to be more than 150 lbs. if he is expected to fly.

And to put an end to rumors involving the brain, we do not use only ten percent of our brain. Our brain consists of numerous parts that are constantly working. The frontal lobe lets you work out problems and is responsible for most of your thoughts, the parietal lobe (located beneath the crown of your head) is responsible for a lot of, and even most of, your sensory perceptions including touch and, information processing, speech, and visual. The occipital lobe is primarily the vision center of the brain. There is also the cerebellum that is also known as the "smaller second brain" and its functions includes, but is not limited to: muscle tone, coordination, and balance and equilibrium. There are also the cortex, brain stem, pons, temporal lobe - there are easily over 25 different parts of the brain, all with an individual function. We do not only use 10% of the brain.

However, it would be interesting if you were to dwarf some of the activity in the brain and increase the size of the cerebellum to increase your coordination. If you're going with the experimental route, at least make it reasonable. Unfortunately, that won't make you "extremely intelligent", and it won't make you heal any faster unless your cells are capable of reproducing faster that most (which can even cause deformities, aka cancer).

You, if you want an omicron burst, it can be your only burst. One omicron, or three of any others.

You also have a total of four periods in your entire sheet, and the only commas that were used was to separate your power class and burst potential.

And that was fun time with Lieo. Now like I said, I can't say you are or aren't accepted. But there's a couple of things you can work on if you wish to improve upon it if I haven't discouraged you.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Unfortunately, Wildfire, I'm going have to reject your sheet until you make the changes to make it acceptable... Which I will list below.

Lieo covered most of my concerns, however.

The government doesn't capture Meta-humans to make them soldiers for the military. Quite the opposite. The government only snatches the metas that have been revealed to the world and the ones that cause trouble. Otherwise, they pretty much leave everyone else alone. However, they do keep tabs on them much as possible. Which means that they certainly wouldn't snatch a four year old. But, that brings me to...

... He's way too young to have a power to begin with. Most powers develop around 10-20, with some cases of the powers developing earlier or later. For example, there's Livvy. But, I accepted her merely because there isn't too much of an age gap between when powers usually develop and her current age. However, I must also note "4% genetically engineered avian dna" part of your sheet in the appearance section. Metas aren't created, I mean at all. They are either born that way, or the Black Fall Effect causes them to develop powers. The only exception is Lily, since she can "infect" people with the Meta-human energy, and I control her.

Like Lieo said; even if Tyson was captured that age and was captured for a while. Then he shouldn't know too much, and that should be the norm. Unless they taught him that he truly wasn't supposed to be here--- And that's as far fetched as it gets. Plus, how exactly can a 13 year old survive on the run from the government? How would he know where to go? How would he get the basic human needs? If they really wanted him; they probably could easily track him. If he was kidnapped when he's older, then maybe. You also didn't explain how he got to the Othergrounds, either. Which I totally would have swallowed if you said something along the lines of say "escaped the lab and immediately went to the Othergrounds". If I accepted the captured and researched upon backstory, which I won't.

He's way too heavy to pull off flight. Plain and simple. Birds are supposed to light weighted and etc... Lieo already covered this, so. If he had bird anatomy and couldn't fly, I'd say that would be a bit interesting. Judging from your sheet, he's capable of "light swift movements". I also have to note that we already have two bird metas, Pedro and Nicole. You should talk to Vipes about this, I'm not too good with animals, lul.

Finally, your sheet is one big run-on sentence. Use more commas, periods and all that, to show where each the sentence starts and ends. You also put stuff that should go in his personality and power section, in his appearance section.

Look, I fixed up your sheet a little, to show you what your sheet would look like with corrected grammar.

the revised sheet:

Hope this helps you make a better sheet. You should look at some of the sheets on the OP to show what I would and won't accept.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Working on a post. I think I'm going to make it easy and just start Seth near the hospital group.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Alright, making a post now. I would have started earlier but I've been playing GTA V too much.

God damn that game is too much fun.

Anyways, I think I'll send Vito in the direction of the animal metas.

And next act we'll start a little later in the day. Around five or so pm. We'll be heading into the science wing because I have no idea what else to do, and the next step to escaping is in there.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:15 am

Lone, I hate to CENSORED you over, because I just saw that you added a new post, but I mulled over what you said about so many animal metas already and Desmond just feels somewhat...forced. I'm all for just pretending he never existed if you want to edit your post accordingly, I think I've got enough to manage with just Luce and Livvy.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:17 am

Shade. You disappoint me. I mean, you really did it this time.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:22 am

Loooone

I had Nick do something couple-y with Faith. Perhaps Charles would notice...? God knows Jack will (and Nick will kick his ass for it because he wont have to worry about not using his powers anymore).
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:29 am

Too rustled to edit.

I'll have him note it next post. Right now, I'm editing my last post with moving the group somewhere random, and I'm going to edit in Vito's pov as planned.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:18 am

MrAllenJ wrote:
Shade. You disappoint me. I mean, you really did it this time.
I am sorry about that. I have a really poor ability to guess which characters will "click" and which characters will not. I was waaaaaaay off on this one. Or should I stick with him? Agh I don't know schoolwork is driving me crazy I can't even make up my mind on RP'ing anymore
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:34 am

If it's because of too many animal metas, I say keep him. He's plenty different and most of the other ones are controlled by one person anyways.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:49 am

Yes, Jack will notice, Op :3 and yes, Nick will beat him up. But then Jack will make sure to cast an illusion that would terrify him so much he would probably scream like a girl. Well, that would be Jack's goal, at least.

(and so the rivalry would then begin....)
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:48 am

Edited my last post with Vito and the group's POV. SCREW YOU SHADE.

I'll post Johnny's pov after Lieo posts with Jesse.
Back to top Go down
XxWildFirexX
Newborn
XxWildFirexX

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:12 pm

MrAllenJ i was told about how you are tired of animal metas so instead of revision would you rather me create something different?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:18 pm

That's fine
Back to top Go down
XxWildFirexX
Newborn
XxWildFirexX

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:40 pm

ok ill have it done by tomorrow morning thank you.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Just keep in mind what me and Lieo said.

And I'll send you a summary of the story so far shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)
Page 13 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next