Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once in Light

Go down 
+8
FlowerFox
JunkMail
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
True Night
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

Once in Light - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Over all what did you think of how i did it? Minus the Spelling and Grammacil errors...

I was thinking of adding a few magic based offensive attacks, but I wasn't sure of them or if it'd be okay. And a general kind of magic as well.

Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 5:55 pm

The sheet is good, I would make it breath fire or something. I don't see a Cerberus knowing or using general magic.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Cool sheet man :3
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Thankee Sia.

I'd been putting off the sheet, but I put some thought into it over the last few days. So when I wrote it it was a splurg of about 6 days of thoughts. I pulled ideas from several sources. Even stuff I've read as long as 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Looks nice Very Happy

Although his past-seeing ability might mess with some of the mystery... I think I can deal with that without messing up your (very cool) character.
Just don't automatically see anything. If he wants to look at something, say that he tried, and I'll post what he actually sees.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:17 pm

When is the ic going to be posted?
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Pretty soon. I want to wait for Glict if I can, but he wasn't on Steam at all yesterday. Not sure where he went. Either way, there's an rp day left as buffer, we might just start today and let him come in a little later.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Meh... That'll work. That was actually part of what I was worried about. Personally I think this is the best Character I've managed to put together.

I could tell you exactly where the insperation for most of his powers and stuff came from.

Expect me to vanish around 4 ish or so....
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Awesome, I'm ready when you are.

Stalker, I like the plasma and cryo beam thing you got going on.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Did it on the spot that one... I needed something to complement the Plasma and a Cryo-beam seemed natural.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Seems to to fit, gives your character a lot of versatility too.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:46 pm

I know. It seemed to fit that if the heads have similar, yet opposing powers in time why not in terms of an acual attack?
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 8:45 pm

nooooooooo i had mine finished but it FRIKEN LOGGED ME OUT!!!!!!! and i lost everything nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Aaahhh maannn....
That's why I usually do char sheets on notepad or something. It's simple, and I can just copy/ paste when I'm done.
At least you remember what you wanted to do, right?
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah but for now im probly not gonna put to much effort into it ill just do the basics and when im in a better mood ill probly go back and add more details if thats ok? but i still planned have one more character lol to post again if i can ill do basics.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:38 pm

That'd be fine, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:43 pm

it's all cool, wolf- Chef don't judge :3
sorry... I've been wanting to say/type that and haven't had an excuse to do so.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:50 am

Still working on the Pegasus Sheet, but I have two horse images that can be a spoiler for her appearance. The first is an Arabian Mare, whom I have chosen as a basis for the size and build, and the second is an Akhal-Teke, known for the metallic sheen of the breed's coat. The second horse shown is a basis for mane, tail, and overall pelt colors.

Once in Light - Page 4 Z

Once in Light - Page 4 Buckskin-akhal-teke
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:19 am

pretty!

And Wolf need to learn to use proper Grammar. I mean I know I'm not perfect, but sheesh!
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 4:10 am

STILL WORKING ON MY DANG CHARACTER SHEET. I'm so god dang sidetracked.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 4:19 am

Meh took me a week to get to mine so dont feel bad
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:11 pm

I have yet to make my character sheets, though I have been thinking about my characters.

Hopefully they will be up sometime this weekend.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, I finally finished the character sheet for the pegasus.

Name: Skye
Race: Pegasus

Appearance: As a Pegasus, Skye retains an elegant, refined appearance, resembling mostly hot-blooded breeds of horses, namely the Arabian, also meeting its size requirements, and standing at a short 14.5 hands, barely large enough to escape being the same size as a pony. Her build itself, however, meets an equine standard of beauty. She possesses an Arabian’s typical concave or ‘dished’ profile, with deep ribs and a tucked up stomach, typical for any creature that is meant to have incredible endurance. Her head has a refined wedge shape, with a broad forehead, large eyes, large nostrils, and a small muzzle. A, slight bulge between her eyes indicates increased sinus capacity, making it easier to breathe. Although she does not possess a very prominent crest, being a mare, her neck is naturally arched, with a large, well-set windpipe and clear throatlatch, which also improves breathing. She has deep, well-angled hips and well laid-back shoulders. Her tail carriage is naturally higher, held up. She possesses lean muscle all over her body that indicates good strength for long stretches of flat work, though as a Pegasus she actually possesses very little endurance in running, and instead can walk for long distances. Sprouting from her shoulders is a large pair of wings, which she keeps folded when she is not flying. Her wingspan is roughly 18 feet in length, and the wings themselves resemble that of an eagle.

Skye’s coloration is extremely unique for its resemblance to that of the Akhal-teke horse breed. Her pelt is a splendid buckskin color, and possesses a distinctive and prominent metallic sheen, which makes her entire body gleam like gold, combined with her coloration. Skye’s silken mane and tail is a dark raven black, and Skye’s mane is long, about eight inches in length. Skye’s hooves are a dark black, and her eyes are a deep, warm shade of brown. Her wings are the same golden color as the rest of her body, and her feathers are so fine that a certain degree of light can pass through them, making them seem either slightly transparent, or glowing.

Skye wears a white silk drawstring bag around her neck on a matching white silk string. This bag contains small things that she uses as payment to people in return for things such as a night’s stay in their stables. Much of these things consist of small, semi-precious polished stones, which can be made into jewelry that can be sold for a relatively good price. Nothing in the bag is actually of much value to Skye herself.

Personality: Sweet, gentle, and friendly, Skye embodies all the grace and kindness that one might naturally associate with a Pegasus. She is also even-tempered, focused, and conscious of emotions, traits commonly associated with mares of any equine race or species, in contrast to the wild, occasionally aggressive behavior that can sometimes arise in stallions. Her refined appearance, as well as the beauty of her wings and her pelt, which look and shimmer like gold, draws much attention in any town that she might happen to pass through during her nomadic travels. Because she travels all by herself, and does not have a herd to protect her, Skye often tries to travel by day, and reach the next town before sunset. Once at the next town, Skye will often bargain with the owner of a stable, using the polished stones in the bag she wears around her neck, so that she might spend the night in one of their stalls, so that she is not in the wild, where she can be attacked by wild animals. She can also bargain in a different manner with farmers, using her magic to create rain, which can water a dry field. Regardless, if her own offers are not good enough, some people just let her stay as an act of charity, as Skye truly does not ask for anything more than a safe place to sleep. She does not even ask for food or water, as she can easily find it on her own somewhere else. Somehow, Skye’s sweet personality, as well as the simplicity of her wants and desires, makes her endearing to anyone who meets her.

A second side of Skye’s personality only comes out when she is traveling. While on the ground, she can only at most comfortably walk at a steady pace, taking her time, she can fly rather quickly, for hours at a time without tiring. Because of her magic, she can also stand on clouds, which sometimes means she isn’t flying, but walking in the sky, part of what makes pegasi somewhat legendary. Skye loves the freedom of flying, and is often more relaxed when not being watched constantly by others. Her light-hearted and cheerful outlook is uplifting to travel companions, as well as to her whenever she is alone.

Skills: As a Pegasus, Skye has wings, and thus the natural ability to fly at extremely high speeds for an extended period of time. This ability is aided by her great lung capacity, and general build that allows her to breathe easily at high altitudes, allowing her to soar higher in the sky than most normal flying creatures can safely reach, right past the highest level of clouds, where most things would strain for the gasses they need to breathe, while a Pegasus is otherwise unharmed. This remarkable flight capability, as well as the incredibly strong, yet hollow and light bones, similar to a bird’s, comes at a cost, however. While a Pegasus may have a strong, enduring-looking build, Skye cannot do as much on land as a normal horse or other equine could. She can sprint rather fast across short distances, but has low endurance, and cannot run at a swift speed for extended periods, nor is she capable of carrying very heavy weight on her back, or pulling a cart, even. She can kick extremely hard, and bite, just like a normal horse, and her kicks may have more effect, due to her hooves and bones being incredibly strong, yet light, but her small size puts her at a disadvantage against bigger things. Skye does, however, possess a stronger, heightened sense of smell and hearing, due to being an equine creature.

Powers: Despite common belief that pegasi use magic involving wind, as they are technically winged horses, a Pegasus naturally possesses its incredible flight capability due to physical reasons and these have nothing to deal with magic whatsoever. In reality, the kind of magic a Pegasus uses is a specialized version that deals with the element of water. It is this magic that allows Skye to walk on clouds as though they were solid ground, and shape them into any form she pleases, yet while still being able to cut through them when flying as though they were not solid. She can also use this magic to force water from the clouds, creating rain, making it possible to obtain water at any time as long as there are clouds in the sky for her to use. She does not have control over the wind, however, nor does she have any control over whether or not a thunderstorm results from the storm she made. Environmental factors influence things, still, which are why Skye looks to stay in stables, rather than build a house out of clouds. It is possible, that over time, Skye might be able to learn through active control of her magic how to do different things with the element she was born with the power to manipulate, though these things must be learned, as she does not possess the knowledge naturally.

Items: Skye carries with her a white silk drawstring bag on a matching silk string, which she keeps wrapped around her neck. Contained in this bag are various small items, mostly small, polished stones, although pretty seashells or other nice things might be found and added, later. None of these things are worth much, save to the craftsmen that can make jewelry or trinkets out of them.

History: Skye was born in a medium-sized herd of Pegasi that wandered about living a nomadic lifestyle, as most equine creatures do. She was raised by a loving set of parents, her mother the younger sister of the oldest mare in the herd, thus her aunt was the herd’s leader. Skye’s father was a strong stallion who defended the outskirts of the herd with a group of other males, and this system kept the pegasi safe, making it possible for them to survive outside of towns at night. Therefore, the pegasi were seldom seen, even near country roads that were far from civilization, so they are not regarded as a common race. However, despite the safety of the herd, there is a typical tradition among the Pegasi in larger herds that marks the separation of a Pegasus from her parents, and the herd as a whole. Pegasi, being intelligent creatures, naturally take longer than horses or animal equines to mature, so a Pegasus filly or colt cannot truly be called a stallion or mare until they reach the age of ten years. Upon reaching this age in her herd, Skye was ordered by the stallions that defended it to leave, a fate that befell all the young new stallions and mares, which were driven out to either join a different herd, or start a new one. There is no true hostility in this, although force may be used for mares or stallions that don’t cooperate. Skye, knowing better, obeyed, and left the herd, and since then has looked after herself, being perhaps the only Pegasus that appears in populated areas inhabited by other races.

Other: Fire and Light
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:35 pm

cool character, Vipera Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:48 pm

I like making horse characters, it's fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once in Light
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next