Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once In Light

Go down 
+6
True Night
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Sairei
Celo "The Moms"
Angelwolf99
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Once In Light - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 1:46 am

Lye kept his cool, barely looking up at Celinati. Lye had very little respect for anyone unless they earned it before his eyes; a side effect of his cloudy past. Celinati was sort of the commander, but even he had a higher-up. Lye would smile and nod, doing whatever Celinati asked. It was all part of the plan, and in the end it benefited everyone.

"Yeah we're ready," Lye answered, standing up. His boots made little noise on the soft earthen floor, and any sound was further muffled by the cloak he drew around his shoulders. Twin blades belted to his sides, he was as ready as he could ever be. "I take it we're leaving now?"
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:21 am

Kashta grinned, interrupting Celinati before he could even start to respond.  "C'mon, can we leave yet?" he asked excitedly.  He wasn't exactly looking forward to the long flight, but it would still be a lot better than hanging out underground all day.

If Celinati was at all irritated by this, he didn't show it.  "Yes," he said, "Follow me."

Kashta raised an eyebrow at this.  "Uh, I know how to get outta here," he said, "I'm not an idiot."

"You will not be taking this trip yourselves," Celinati explained, not really helping at all.  "Now," his gaze hardened, "follow me."
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 4:26 am

Lye didn't like the sound of that.

"What do you mean ?" he asked, following cautiously. He didn't much like Celinati's tone. Suddenly Lye began to get very suspicious. There was something magical afoot, like there usually was. He shrugged mentally, deciding that he would just have to wait to find out.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Aiko nodded at Skye, "I guess we're all a team now. If your things help you in some way, they help us. As for examining them... I'm mostly a hunter, so I don't know much about prices of stones. Someone like Terran should know, tho-" She was distracted by seeing Sasha and Gerrin walk over to Kader and some dog- apparently named Eli. The newcomer seemed confused, which was understandable. "Name's Aiko!" she called from her position, remaining unmoving.

Her head then snapped in Terran's direction, and a smile slowly appeared on Aiko's face aas the music played. She closed her eyes a moment, enjoying the melody. She didn't want to say anything in fear of the song stopping. It had been a while since she had heard a good song, so she wanted the melody to continue.

All the while Aiko was unaware of Krell watching the group from the forest.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Skye began to dance between her hooves, her golden pelt gleaming in the sunlight as she moved, her wings flapping as though she wanted to take off, most likely an instinctive desire regarding perceived threats. It took a few moments, but after noticing that Aiko was not worried about the newcomer Eli, she stopped, convinced that he wasn't a threat. She folded her wings, her ears pricking forward as she examined the stranger, before she tossed her mane, flicked her tail, and walked over to a patch of grass that hadn't been trampled. She clipped off a few blades and raised her head to look again, munching on the lush, green plants. Nobody would expect her to say anything with her mouth full, and she had been hungry, anyways. She hadn't eaten any hay for breakfast, and fresh grass was better, anyway. It had more flavor and was better for her health, so she liked it much better than what was put in a feeding trough. It might have seemed strange for Skye to perform the actions she just did, but this was rather awkward, to say the least, and people were unused to seeing magical equines such as pegasi or unicorns. She looked much less threatening this way, not that she looked very scary, to begin with.

Edur then decided to leave his venting space by the tree, and plodded slowly over to Skye, his ears swiveling in the direction of the stranger, suspicion crossing his dark eyes. He stopped across from the pegasus, "Mind if I join you?" He asked quietly. Skye gave a soft snort in answer, to be taken as a 'yes', so he clipped off a few blades of grass, also. Edur, in truth, heavily disliked being alone, but also was not comfortable in the presence of most beings. Like most equine creatures, he was more comfortable in a group of similar creatures, and so it lessened his worries having someone to graze alongside. It was also a good way to protect Skye, if anything strange happened. He felt a distinct prickle on his hide, and it made him uneasy.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Krell decided it was time to move. His face and hair changed to that of an elf, his skin getting darker and his hair turning black. His eyes stayed the same however. He walked out of the forest toward the group, all the while creating a feeling of calm and quiet about himself so that he would not seem to be as threatening.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Lilith turned to Serath. "Yes, I think this will do just fine." She headed across the middle of floor and noticed that there was fresh chalk lines. A quick check told her that it wasn't dangerous to her, but were those felines responsible, or somebody else? The demon could only think of one more place that the caster could be hiding. As she looked up towards the ceiling a chitinous body came crashing down before her. The creature had the abdomen of a spider, and the torso of a woman. Almost like a centaur. She appeared very youthful, with short black, and wearing a band of web around her chest. Lilith recognize her as a Drider, except she had eight eyes. "A demon, Serath? My my." She giggled. "All the fun we're going to have! My name's Semira."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Aiko sighed, slowly opening her eyes. The music was enjoyable, but there was business to tend to. Immediately after opening her eyes she let out a yelp of surprise and had her knife at ready, fox ears pointing forward from her orange human hair and nails getting longer. Before the group was an elf person. Male. Dark skin and black hair. Just as quickly as she was in the defensive position, Aiko was then in a calmer state, her nails returning to their human kitsune form and her knife only held up with caution. "Sorry," she mumbled to the seemingly unthreatening elf, though she was still cautious. "Who are you?" She glanced at Gerrin and Sasha, "Either of you know him?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:36 am

Serath was about to reply when the doors burst open once again, revealing Celinati and the two following him.  He made his way over to where the two felines were almost done with a diagram.  Kashta did not follow him, but instead came up behind Serath with an odd expression on his face.

"Who's this?" He asked, trying to sound innocent.  He wasn't very good at it.

Serath's expression barely changed as he focused on the smaller thunderbird.  "This is Lillith," he stated, then added on, "you are meant to be leaving, correct?"

Kashta nodded hurriedly and went over to where Celinati was overseeing the finishing details of a rune set.  It, like most runes, had a circle for the target, and, in this case, two for the casters.  There was an intricate set of pictures and letters taking up the rest of the space, and something that looked similar to a map.  Celinati spoke up as the two other felines took their places.

"Due to time constraints, we will be teleporting you to a little known waypoint in Springvale," he said, "you should have no issue finding the escapees from there."  He gestured towards the open circle, "are you ready?"

------------------------------

Kader took up a defensive posture, a few barely visible sparks running across one hand, the other fingering his dagger under his cloak. Eri hid behind him, obvioulsy unsure what to make of this whole situation. Kader didn't know this person, and so he chose to stare him down, as if daring him to make some sort of move.

Sasha shook her head, "I do not," then turned to the newcomer. An elf. Odd, true humanoids were uncommon on the southern continent. She wondered what he was doing here. Something seemed odd about the magic around him, almost wrong, but oddly comforting. She passed it of for now, choosing instead to greet him. "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:18 am

Lilith's head tracked Kashta, she didn't say anything at first. The rune teleporter was far more interesting than any mortal. Semira skittered over on her spindly legs, and used her height to look over everyone. "Looks like you two get have some fun!" She said enthusiastically to Lye and Kashta. "Wish I could get out more." It was hard to tell if she was being serious or not. When Celinati said there was a waypoint, it prompted Liltih to speak. "I really hope that it wasn't actually in the town, I burned that blight to the ground." Her tone was casual, but not so much that sounded like a jest.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:31 pm

"Springvale," Lye repeated. He'd never been there, it was a tiny town. There wasn't anything else he needed to bring with him. "Yeah we're ready."

He stepped forward, following Kashta. Lye had travelled by runes before, but the feeling was never pleasant for him. He'd always wondered what would happen if the runes were wrong. Would they just not teleport? Would half of him be teleported? Or would he end up in the wrong location, or perhaps stuck halfway in a wall?
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Krell smiled, looking at the group. "I am Krell." he said "I was on my way to the town and found ruins and you instead." He continued in what sounded like a believable tone, trying to appear as nonthreatening as possible. He looked at Aiko "So what are your names?" he asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Aiko continued to cautiously hold up her knife. She lowered it slightly as the elf talked. "I'm Aiko," she responded, right ear twitching. The elf person, while seemingly friendly, had a different atmosphere about him. She let her kitsune sense of smell kick in, though her nose remained human, and sniffed. "You smell different then the elves I've met," she remarked.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:18 pm

"Perhaps your nose decieves you." Krell said innocently, all the while psionically making himself more convincing. He continued to smile seemingly genuinely. As much as he percieved the group as enemies, they would make good traveling companions for the moment, and perhaps he could get something of use from them later.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Aiko flinched, clearly offended. "In my whole life spent hunting and travelling it has not! I am a kitsune! We are one of the best with our senses!" she glared at the elf before sighing, tail swaying side-to-side and rubbed the temples of her forehead with her thumb and index finger. Strange- now he did seem more convincing. "Nevermind. Just what is your name?"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:28 pm

"My apologies" Krell said, ever the 'gentleman' that he was. "I did not mean to offend you. My name is Krell." He continued "Perhaps we could travel together, there is often safety in numbers anyway, which seems a good idea, especially after this town has been so decimated."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Aiko nodded as she introduced herself. "Aiko," she said. "As for staying with us..." Her voice faded before walking over to Terran. Aiko wasn't good at judging- too often her emotions led her and right now she was ticked. She trusted Terran the most, and decided to ask her. "Terran," she began, "What do you think of him?" she pointed at Krell.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:35 am

Terran's music came to a sudden stop, midnote, as Aiko came over to talk to her. She had been siting, cross legged, for a long time now and felt like her legs were going numb. Terran shifted her weight slightly as she thought. For most people first impressions were the most important thing. You can normally tell if someone was to be trusted or not. So if Aiko had to ask her for a second opinion this guy shouldn't be trusted. But this was sort of a shot in the dark since Terran hadn't been listening to a word he had said. "I say, the two of us go together, he can go with someone else if he needs company."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 am

Krell didn't like her answer. He considered killing her that instant, but thought better of it. "Why so cold?" he asked, turning up his friendly mental effect. "I'm not a threat to you if that's what you think" he said in a convincing voice. He smiled hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:45 am

Terran suddenly could not find any insults for Krell. She could have asked why he was suddenly being so friendly, or trying to convince her of his innocence, but she couldn't think of the words to say anything. With a huff she returned to playing her flute, glaring slightly at Krell. She would let Aiko make the decisions, she trusted her enough.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:51 am

Aiko smiled at Terran, her canines shpwing. "I like that choice." she then turned to Krell, surprised at how he suddenly seemed friendlier. Aiko, though, is one headstrong, easily tempered kitsune. She was also one who spoke her mind before thinking. "My friend Terran, here, is a good judge on character," she put an arm around Terran's shoulders. "I thinkshe's made the right choice. Besides, why do you need to travel so badly with a group heading off to take down whoever destroyed the village and captured us? You'll only end up hurt somehow."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Krell smiled at them. As he did this, his elven disguise melted away, his skin turning pale, his hair turning the telltale white of the doppelganger breed. "You see that is the thing...I don't need to travel with you. In fact, you might prove more of a nuisance for me than helpful." With that, he raised his fist into the air, then brought it down. As he did so, a large lightning bolt struck the ground nearly on top of Aiko.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Aiko yelped in surprise, jumping back. She was quiet for a moment before going up to Krell and just glaring at him. Her eyes were glowing red with anger and her nails turning to claws. Hermouth turned into a fox's. She seemed about ready to arrack, but instead Aiko remained in her current position and returned to her casual state, only her eyes were still glowing. "You're lucky I only kill things that are considered game for hunters. Though you came closer then anyone to being my first non-game murder. Congratulations. Now," she folded her arms. "Why do you want to travel with us? What's the real reason?"
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:51 pm

At the flash of lightning, Edur raised his head from where he had been grazing next to Skye, and he looked at the doppelganger, Krell. He snorted once, frozen vapor coming from his nostrils in wisps, and his deep brown eyes narrowed in an almost menacing way, very much unlike a unicorn, most would begin to think, as his disposition seemed almost violent. Edur's stance and behavior suggested that if the stranger didn't want to be attacked, he would have to keep his distance. He flicked his ears in different directions, listening to the conversation. When it seemed Aiko was not going to do anything, he snorted again, and lowered his head to graze again, looking far more tense than he had moments before. He had a threatening look about him, and it was clear that legends about Unicorns being ridden as mounts were most likely untrue. It didn't look like Edur would let anyone get on his back without a fight, and even then, there were the sharp crystals on his back where a saddle would be.

Skye did not make any sudden movements, but for a moment was completely still, as though hesitating, before quietly going back to chewing her grass, pretending not to become nervous. Krell was threatening, but by this point, she was unnerved by Edur's behavior, as well. As an equine, she knew better than anyone else that stallions were quick to anger. It was in their nature to have unpredictable, and sometimes even hostile personalities. However, she couldn't completely blame everything on the Unicorn, not everything was his fault. No doubt today was stressful, and she had the creeping suspicion that he was acting in such a strange way because of a traumatic experience. What it was, she wasn't sure, but there were little things he did that made her think he seemed to be grieving.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

"Hm, I've killed worse than you on a regular basis" Krell replied, a smirk on his face. He considered knifing the one in front of him and leaving, which would cast the others into confusion. Before he could execute this however, a better idea occurred to him. "I would love slice you open and use your tendons for bowstring" he said "But perhaps another time" With that, he vanished, leaving behind a puff of black smoke for effect. He reappeared in his hiding place in the forest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once In Light
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next