Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Of the Night OOC

Go down 
+4
Tyrantlizardking
Maxx
Mr Allen J
True Night
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Of the Night OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Well the harpies are inside now, but I guess she could see them flying around Grinda's tree.

Oh, and watch out for the nile crocodiles and venomous snakes that live in the marsh.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:49 pm

I'll have a perspective for Valdus next time I post, so he can interact with somebody.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:47 pm

So after speaking with Lieo, I have changed my characters' weapons.

This is the new Celsus, an English Arming Sword:
Of the Night OOC - Page 6 AH-3372

This is Alastair's new sword, a 44 inch Scottish Claymore!
Of the Night OOC - Page 6 41_Medieval_Scottish_Claymore_Arming_Sword_With_Plaque_5__17771_zoom
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:46 pm

I'll have a post later today.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 2:13 am

If this is still accepting members, I'd like to join. And I was wondering, are witches allowed?
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 2:34 am

Anyone is welcome to join, and yes witches are allowed.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:30 am

Ok, thanks. I've got it done. Tell me if there's anything I need to change. I based some of the witch traits off of an old movie called "Hocus Pocus".

Name/alias: Asyla Raid

Race: Witch

Appearance: Asyla is tall, about 5'8" and has long, black hair that stops just under her shoulder blades. Her skin is a pale white, but not nearly as pale as a vampire's. Her eyes are a pale blue that often have a very cold presense to them. When they are twisted into an angry scowl they seemed to become very ominous. She usually keeps her fingernails long and sharpened in case of attack by a vampire of werewolf. But she keeps it down to an extent that wouldn't look abnormal. Her overall figure is slim and lithe and she is flexible because she has made it a priority to stay fit during times when vampires or werewolves might threaten her.

She usually dresses like a normal human to conseal her true identity, but when she is in an event not concerning that worry, she usually wears a long black dress with a hood. She however, always wears an oval shaped purple amulet on a long black necklace around her neck. It is very precious to her and keeps it closeby.

Personality: Asyla usually is good at doing things on her own and often is thought of as a loner. She is very hot-headed and has a slight temper. She is also not afraid to insult people. This gives her a bad impression. She has a bad tendency to do something bad for her own gain, such as break into a house or sometimes kidnap a child and lead them to her own home so she can prepare a potion for them that will allow her to steal youth from them.

There are certain beings she cannot stand. Mainly humans. She despises them. Though she despises most things. She hates a lot of people. Just by meeting her, you may end up with being hated by her by default. It takes a lot of digging to get to her. She shuns people she doesn't like. If they continue to bother her, she will give them a reason not to.

Alignment: There is no way to be certain. However many who know her good enough will find her to be evil due to her tendency to do bad things. She is not afraid to kill people either as she's had to do it before.

Affiliation: Asyla is on her own for now.

Bio/history: Asyla was born roughly 200 years ago. She took an interest in hunting monsters when her house was bombarded by a pack of werewolves when she was ten years old. It resulted in the death of her father. When she was fourteen her mother had been remarried. Asyla did not like her new father and saw him as a replacement for her old on.

At the same rate, Asyla had begun to explore the world much more thoroughly than most people and found the world of monsters. One night while she was out in the dark, she was attacked by a vampire. She was nearly killed and almost bitten but she managed to take a large branch from a tree and ram it completely through their heart. After that she began to study more on how to kill these creatures. During her research she found the world of magic. She used magic as well as the weaponry of her time to fight off any creatures she happened to come across, all in revenge for her father.

By this time she'd managed to kill a scrawny, young, werewolf. His companions found out and tore her house apart, burning it. Her entire family was destroyed and everything she loved was gone. The only reason she escaped was her magic. She then was destined to destroy as many monsters as she could. She began to become more skilled in magic as she grew older. She feared death greatly and wanted to remain alive. Because of this great fear, she kidnapped children from their homes and took them to a cabin she'd built in the woods. She there would create a potion and feed it to them. It would allow her to breathe in their youth and gain their remaining years. Sometimes she'd only suck a little bit away, not enough to kill them. But at desperate times she'd kill them all the way. After destroying evidence of her kidnapping, she'd dispose of the body.

If a body was discovered, authorities would label it "died mysteriously". Soon Asyla found herself living in the woods and feeding off of youth. There she remained young for a long time. For a while she was unable to constantly kill monsters. She learned that not all of them were out to get her and would willingly leave her alone. So she stopped hunting them so relentlessly and now would only kill the ones that threatened her.

Skills: Aside from magic, Asyla is good with a bow and arrow due to the time she spent practicing while she wanted to hunt monsters.

Equipment: A black broomstick, a pocket-spellbook, a long daggar, and a few dead rose petals she keeps in her pockets.

Mount/pet: Black cat named Midnight

[/b]Home:[/b] A large log cabin in the woods with 2 above-ground stories and a few underground rooms. The yard is infested with monster traps. Some magic, some not. Some are simply nets to catch them. Others will fire arrows if they step in a certain place.

Power: Asyla can fly on her broomstick and is capable of transforming into a cat. She also can levitate objects and within a short range can attack with things such as an electric shock. She has adapted the ability to make her skin burn anyone that touches it if she so desires. She has found this helpful against vampires. On especially powerful moments, like within a full moon, she can do something a little larger like summon large fires. She can sing amazingly. People find her voice beautiful--especially children. She sometimes uses her voice to lead children away from their homes.

Weaknesses/limitations/drawbacks: Salt is something that can harm Asyla. Like most witches, she cannot cross a barrier of salt. However on the rare event of a full lunar eclipse this does not work. She is often afraid of ropes or poles because of her studies about witches that would be hung or burnt at the stake. Though she's survived fire before, she had to have the power of her hands to do so and make the fire reject her. When her hands are bound up, no such thing is possible.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:55 am

I like that movie. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:01 am

Yay, ok. So how should I introduce her? Is there any specific way you'd have me do it?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:17 am

I don't have a specific way in mind. Could be at home, or in a town disguised. I'm going to have a character show up at an undecided town, who will be open for interaction.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:38 am

DB, feel free to dodge every one of Grinda's animals' attacks like a bawss. I think it would be funny if Vesta started petting one of the crocodiles or something.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:44 am

Think I'm going to have Valdus hear Cadenza'a song on his journey to town.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Who is closest to the mountains right now?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:27 pm

It could be Cadenza and Valdus, depending on the location of the cave. Vipera will have to answer that though.

Otherwise my best guess would be Stela or Asyla.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Cadenza's cave is in a cliff, but its pretty much inaccessible by creatures that can't fly.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:39 pm

I didn't post his tactical sheet, but Valdus would be able to get up there. Could revise for the fact it's in a cliff side though. My bad for not referring back to the home part of your sheet.

EDIT: Changed my post. Didn't want to reveal anything about what he can do this early, Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 1:05 am

Hmm Vipera is Cadenza's cave noticeable from the air?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:15 am

It's in a cliff side, so I'd assume so.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:25 am

From the air, yes, from the ground...eehh...trees get in the way.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:18 am

kk that's all I needed to know
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:48 am

Night, mind if I execute the vampire in my post?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:57 am

Uh, Canis, you didn't mention anything about the fact that my character is currently sitting at the mouth of her cave, talking to someone already.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:58 am

Ok thought you were farther in than that, will edit
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:58 am

I was setting it up for you to, so go ahead.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:16 am

I decided against making a vampire. Would anyone mind if I made a witch? It's still early enough where I can introduce one without trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Of the Night OOC
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next