Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)

Go down 
+10
Celo "The Moms"
DerpaGlerp
Derkal
Dragonbud
MisterTraveler
SaraSkyWolf
Absolutely not Prussian
Angelwolf99
Maxx
Sairei
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:16 am

Did anybody else take an hour off to watch Cosmos hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson? No? Just me?
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:09 am

I was playing TF2 with a team consisting entirely of Medics.
We won the round.
XD

Ok Maxx, as much as I like your character, I don't think he fits with the theme of this RP.
The LALiverse is sci-fi, but it runs like a fantasy. As silly as this is going to sound, Engineer is too smart for this RP.

Think of the galaxy under subjugation for 5+/- generations. Since the Invaders have no tolerance for anything that rivals their own, the Acirians would have been destroyed.

I must go to bed now. Goodnight peeps. ;3
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:11 am

Sairei wrote:
My bad. *fixes*

Also Dark I think you confused your character with Angel's. XD

I did, lol. When you said black feline, I thought you meant Senn. Brain fart. I have no idea. Plus Senn is way more bat-like than cat-like. But I deleted the post and made a new one.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:23 am

I want to reply to your post, Dark, but I think I'm gonna let other people post, first, so don't have Senn run around calling Strange incompetent because he didn't do anything yet. Coming up next: Strange does something witty.

Goodnight!
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Rudy: Remastered, in HD, now in theaters.

Name: Rudy

Race: It's been 'extinct' for about as long as your mom is old. That's a long time.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Rudy is a purplish-black, six and a half foot tall, twelve eyed, twenty two foot long creature with four arms that stands in a semi-human, semi hominid stance. Yeah. I got real creative with this one.

Personality: Rudy has WAY more intellect than his appearance should give way to. He's not a dumb lizard. He's not even a lizard! He's not slow or primal. He's quite educate and rather sarcastic as a person. Most people dislike being around him because it's his job in life to make you feel like an idiot. On a side note, he happens to greatly enjoy hiding your clothing and generally pulling pranks on people by abusing his ability to the maximum extent his creative genius mind can come up with. His vocabulary can be as colorful as a sailors, and his ego is as full of hot air as a blimp, but he's useful in any and all stealth related anythings, so people put up with his crap because when they need him he pays them back in full and then some. He is also a compulsive liar and will often try to start things and then watch them play out for fun. He will use this ability fully to a perverted extent if given the chance and enjoys to say the words 'swag', 'yolo', 'yoloswag', and 'your mom' on a regular basis. Despite being a general jerk-off, he does care about those around him, but he would never admit that.

Abilities: Rudy has the ability to faze through solid matter at will. No wall, or bullet, or runaway bus that happens to want to run him over will work. In his fazing ability, he becomes a 'ghost', and it able to float/fly undetected as his molecules are simply a cloud of dark matter floating around in the air that will go through normal matter. He can ghost his way through floors, ceilings, walls, you name it. Of course, this has it's drawbacks, as demonstrated in the picture when he's trying to go up and un fazes himself too early. He also has the ability to faze things and people with him as long as they're close to his relative mass. This is fun ability to use in a situation that requires some skullduggery. Someone being mean to you? Faze his arm into a wall. Someone being a bully? Faze them six feet underground! To do this he requires an established physical contact. He cant grab your ear and do it, he would have to grab a major body part, such as your head, arm or leg. Rudy also has a mind that, unlike most, is made of dark matter, and is therefor unreadable to any magic or telekinesis users. Some limitations I'd like to add is that he's not always intangible. Rudy has to actively think about becoming intangible in order to do so. If he were to be surprised and stabbed, he will be stabbed. If he were to not be paying attention and be attacked, he would by hurt. His powers are mentally driven by his awareness. He would also have to become tangible in order to bring someone with him into an intangible state. So if he grabbed onto you, you could shrug him off if you're strong enough. There is also a 'cool-down' time to his ability, which ranges in length depending on how long he uses it (the maximum amount of time he can go intangible would be about an hour, but I wouldnt keep him like that for that long). It normally runs in a 3/4 ratio, so in a maximum case scenario if he were intangible for an hour he would have to wait forty-five minutes before he can use it again, so his time intangible is usually limited in short bursts.

Skills: Anything related to stealth, or rhetoric. Rudy is a master of speech and speech-craft. He can speak most languages and can almost always learn a new language within a few days. He would make an INCREDIBLE used car salesman. As for stealth, just faze through everything, eat a few people/rip them apart/put them underground so they suffocate on dirt to death/etc and get the job done. It's hard to detect a figgin' gas cloud.

Other: "Dudebro, once fought a giant turtle in the water while riding a giant lazar bear into battle." - Wise words from Rudy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Awww yeah, there we go.

Accepted, Op. ;3
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Making a post now.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:07 pm

You guys post waaaaaaaaaaay too fast.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:13 pm

I had too much fun making that post.

Prepare for satire.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 pm

So, Op, did you even read the rules?
Or the first IC post for that matter?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:32 pm

Sairei wrote:
So, Op, did you even read the rules?
Or the first IC post for that matter?

I did read the rules, four paragraphs. One of which was shorter than the others so I made the last a longer one. I also did read the first IC post. I dont recall doing anything out of turn, can you fill me in? All I did was have my character wake up and walk into the area where Strange, Coin, and Senn are.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:39 pm

"But, I think Dark and Glict misread my post. Strange didn't go into the hallway, he stayed in the room, and now he's preparing an ambush. Sorry for the confusion."

Again, sorry for the confusion, but Celo, I've never had Strange leave the room. He's perched on a ledge above the door, preparing an ambush.

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Mm. What StheT said.

Also...

Rudy's not there because he broke any laws. (might have misunderstood that. Metaphor? Not sure.) He was captured.
Being captured, I wouldn't expect anyone to be so casual, but then again he seems like a pretty chill character with few things that will faze him. (I made a pun haha).
You changed his height and length as well.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:45 pm

So that means mine didnt sleep in then?

I know wht I did. I'm trying to develope my character as much as I can in one post. I was hoping you all would pick up on that. I guess not.

As for the capture part, my mistake. I was going to have him be relatively relaxed about the whole thing because as I said he wants to be there. And yes, I changed his size as you requested.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:00 am

So, if he didn't want to be there...
Where exactly would he go?

He was captured, most likely through ambush, and immediately put into stasis. He has absolutely no reason to be so calm. As several characters have said in the past, it's better not to know what the Invaders do to people they don't kill, but you are indeed better off dead.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:06 am

okay I don't have time to make a char sheet so i'm saving time and recycling XD

Name: Ketryn 5273 (sheā€™s just called Ketryn, though)

Race: Yarksonian

Appearance: Yarksonians have a large resemblance to humans. The only noticeable differences are that their skin never really tan unless revealed to an unusually large amount of sunlight and they are usually considered tall compared to average human beings. There are also different genetic colors for their eyes. Other than that, thereā€™s no noticeable difference. Ketryn has an average-looking Yarksonian body at first glance. She is a little bit on the short side for her species at 6ā€™0ā€ and weighs around 342 lbs. (though she appears to be average weight for anyone, and this shall be explained later) Pale skin. She has common strait black hair that extends a little bit past her shoulders and has the most average Yarksonain eye color: orange. However, there are some noticeable, non-Yarksonian features that can be seen on Ketryn. There is a thing, glowing blue line that can be faintly seen that runs from right about where Ketrynā€™s left ear is attached to the skull to the middle of her forehead. There is also an alike line that runs from the top of her shoulder to the center of her chest.
Ketrynā€™s style of clothing is normal for both humans and Yarksonians. She usually just wears a light blue button down shirt (though it is usually unbuttoned) with a black tank top underneath. Katryn also wears some boot cut jeans with a pair of sandals.

Personality: A part of Ketrynā€™s emotional system was once damaged to make it where she canā€™t really react in a proper way to situations. Katryn usually seems emotionless except for in intense times when emotions are strongly felt, it is then that she can properly communicate. Katryn feels all the other feelings a normal human or yarksonian feels, she just fails to communicate them. Whenever she feels happy or sad, her face is just expressionless. Katryn usually sees the logical side of things and anything she finds completely useless she prefers to avoid. However, she is very caring and kind, though itā€™s hard to tell this since the only expressions that she can be seen with are anger and fear.

Abilities -merged with skills-(and her back-storyā€¦ more or less): There are reasons behind Katrynā€™s strange differences compared to the rest of her kind and her thalamus being damaged. The Yarksonians are really a lot like an advanced form of the human civilization. Their technology is far more advanced, and so this is where Katrynā€™s story comes in.
The yarksonians were looking for ways to strengthen themselves, increase their life span, and avoid disease a lot more easily. (Being such an old civilization, there is a large population on the planet and disease easily spreads) Being so bent on technology, they eventually thought of a possible way to do so- place the human mind into an artificial life form. Many failures were made in this project and many lost their lives, but eventually they had a successful transformation- Katryn 5273. Her original name was Katryn, just an everyday female yarksonian, but her new body form was the 5,723 model made. It looked just like a normal Yarksonian- from the eyes to the hands, it even felt like a yarksonian (their skin feels like human skin, btw)- the only differences was the weight of her body since she is mostly metal on the inside along with the glowing blue lines on the forehead and on the chest. You see, these markings were how they opened up the areas for Katrynā€™s brain and heart.
One of the reasons that scientists kept failing the transformation from normal life form to partial robot was that they couldnā€™t keep the brain from going dead due to the lack of a heart to pump air. Even if the brain were still receiving energy from an outside force, such as a form of highly advanced electric charges, it would still go dead because it wouldnā€™t read a heart. It is almost like the power of suggestion being played on the mind- the heart is dead, so I must be dead *dies*. So the scientists working on Katrynā€™s body kept the heart connected, and made it to where highly advanced pulses were being sent to both, telling both the mind and heart the other was alive and to keep going. In the movement from the normal body to the artificial body, however, there was a part of the artificial body that had a glitch and couldnā€™t perceive many emotions. So that explains her personaility
Okay, now that Iā€™ve explained how Katryn came to be, Iā€™ll FINALLY explain her abilities XD
Katrynā€™s artificial, robotic body (which Iā€™m going to go ahead and say is EMP and water proof) has several advancements that a normal Yarksonian body doesnā€™t (and a yarksonian body is just like a human beingā€™s) the robotic body gives her a stronger immune system, since is makes the only two possible things that can be harmed by bacteria nearly untouchable. Also Katryn doesnā€™t age. Actually, she has been 24 for two years. Katryn has above average strength, sight, and hearing. She also has a large tolerance for pain, since the only parts of her that feel pain are the mind and the heart. Another advancement in Katrynā€™s system is that with her eyesight there is also a targeting system connected to her brain that helps her with targeting objects. No, this does not mean she has perfect aim. Her aiming is really above average, however.

Weaknesses: Being mostly metal, Katrryn has a different way of getting energy aside from food, and thatā€™s from electricity! *derp* Ketryn ahas to recieve a certain amount of sunlight to power her systems every 48 hours, or, if not ,she must be plugged in by a socket in her right wrist. Katryn can be killed just like anyone else, as well. The only diffenece is that getting a bullet or knife into her make be harder with her insides being mostly metal. Her skin feels human, er, yarksonian, though XD All that needs to happen is a few snips of the wire and then she is dead.

other: she is not a turtle water bear!
Anyways, now Ketryn is probably the only Yarksonian that isn't captured
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:10 am

Angel, no need to be so defensive. I'm happy to work with everyone here, but I'm feeling like everyone's trying to go against me.

Did it occur that just, just maybe he's not totally right in the head? Or that if he cared a great deal about his own well being he wouldnt have been put into stasis to begin with? You're not just captured and teleported perfectly into stasis. They would have to painstakingly subdue you, and then slowly transport you to the stasis pods which as I stated are a bit to small for him, so they would've had to stuff him in too. And while they managed to do it, do you think that in all that time he wouldn't have gotten the chance to perhaps phase out of their grasp and escape if he desired to?

I understand that other characters are fearful, but my character has been fleshed out to be a cocky and arrogant. He knows about his power and how to use it, do you think he wouldnt use it to his advantage if he realized he was in a situation he didnt want to be in to escape?

"Honey, did you pick up the kids from schoo?"

*Proceeds to phase into the ground*

If you're not okay with this, then just let me know how I can fix it. No need to beat around the bush and ask questions. I'm a straightforward guy. Just tell me what I did wrong and I'll get right to making it better.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:27 am

Sairei wrote:

The LALiverse is sci-fi, but it runs like a fantasy. As silly as this is going to sound, Engineer is too smart for this RP.

Think of the galaxy under subjugation for 5+/- generations. Since the Invaders have no tolerance for anything that rivals their own, the Acirians would have been destroyed.

(a) Too smart? The laws of physics still apply, do they not? I don't see how a character can be too intelligent in a science fiction world. You need intelligence to make a space ship or a laser. Those things don't exactly just pop up overnight.

(b) Yeah, YOU try wiping out the Acirians and tell me how it goes. You'd have a better chance wiping all of the cockroaches from the face of the Earth.

This puts me in quite a bind then, considering that Feffon was basically supposed to be Engineer's pet. I would REALLY rather not have Feffon alone because quite frankly he's too unintelligent and immature to survive. So my options are to either make a new character who's intelligent enough to keep him alive (but not too intelligent, apparently) or not join at all.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:43 am

Accepted, Celo. :3 Nice character.

Maxx wrote:
Sairei wrote:

(b) Yeah, YOU try wiping out the Acirians and tell me how it goes. You'd have a better chance wiping all of the cockroaches from the face of the Earth.

I had a feeling you were going to say that. XD
I know, it is probably impossible, but that's what would have happened to fit the RP.
That's kinda why I thought it wouldn't work too well, and why I wanted you guys to come up with a new race....so it could be disposable.
There is a method to my madness.

@Op:

Alright. I laid out the premise for this RP, and I thought you could go along with what I put out. (Prisoners with all hope lost. The LALiverse is a cruel place sometimes.) It seems to me like you just want to be in the RP for the sake of your character messing around. That's not what this RP is about...Like I mentioned on the OOC original post, this is intended to be a story.

I've dealt with insanity before in RPs, and it never ends well.

Being that this is the first time for you to have RP'd with the Kyrenien Empire, I'm not too surprised that you might think they'd be easy to escape from. This is what lead to a lot of death in a previous roleplay, actually.
If they are determined, the Kyreniens will capture you. They have many ways of subduing their prey, one of the most common and most effective being stun blasters that paralyze.

Safyr3, a 9+ foot tall cyborg Fraethre, ( http://safyr3.deviantart.com/art/Safyr3-REVISITED-298978180 ) who can turn completely invisible, take out fighter ships by herself, and stay underwater for an entire day, is dropped by a direct hit of one of these blasters within a matter of 30 seconds. A second blast will knock her unconscious for hours. All that one need do to keep her captured is to keep blasting her every three hours.

So I'm asking you.
Would you be willing to walk into the hands of a race that is determined to enslave the galaxy, succeeded in doing so, eliminated any other empire that was a threat to them, killed millions of lives because they could, had the technology far surpassing anyone else left in the galaxy, and experimented upon anything they wanted?

I would run away screaming.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:47 am

Probably would've been nice to put the race information the OP if it's such an important aspect. Especially for newcomers. If you'd like I can delete my post.

Last edited by Theā“perator on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:49 am

Ok I admit that isn't a good explanation for a sheet not being accepted, but I still do not see how a character is too intelligent to be in a science fiction rp. Space ships and lasers don't just come out of your chimney on Christmas, you know.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:54 am

This is considered sci-fi, yes. But, as mentioned before, it plays like a fantasy.
Every rp in this universe has taken place mostly on a single planet, with no access to space ships or lasers or anything else.

The ships exist, but they're owned only by the Kyreniens. The Silent Dirge is the only working one we're going to see in this rp, at least for a while.

As for you, Op.

"The enslavement of the galaxy is over" and "a deep hatred of all Kyreniens has taken hold of the galaxy" may not be enough for you, but that's why we're here to answer questions. Do you explain stuff very well if you and most of the people you know have known about it for two years? Why would you bother if everyone already knows? No, that's not really a good thing, but it's what happened.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:56 am

I only included what I thought was relevant to the RP, as I didn't want to go into huge detail.

Also, I've yet to add racial information to the OOC because we haven't even got five pages into the IC. I didn't think it would be so important yet.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:06 am

Then it's not sci-fi and you should have restricted it to one race. Science fiction implies advanced technology. You can't have science fiction without technology like you can't have fantasy without magic or the supernatural. It doesn't work.

I have to say, Angel and Sar, I understand that LAL had some strict lore but you guys are quite frankly coming across as jerks. Very few of us were in LAL, and most of us never read it. We don't know how powerful the Invaders were or that there weren't any space ships or lasers, and it's not fair of you guys as the administration of this rp to make us feel foolish because we don't know these things. You either need to (a) point them out in a much more detailed OP or (b) be more flexible. If you don't want LAL lore to change then you shouldn't have made a public RP about it. Opening LAL up to the public like this will make the lore change because more people are contributing to it. Maybe I don't want my race to be disposable. Have you ever thought that there was a race that the Kyrenians simply couldn't kill?

I'm not only saying that about my sheet being denied, but about the way you're treating Nick. You're essentially bullying him. You've made both of us want to drop this rp because you are impressing rules upon us that you didn't tell us about. Nowhere in the OP did it state a restriction on technology. If you're going to make an rp this strict, then you need to tell us how strict it is. If I had known that there were bans on technology and that you would be this strict with the lore, then I'd never have joined this rp. Honestly I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop it anyways because you guys are being so harsh about these rules towards Nick and because you're being three times as strict as you were in the OP.

When you plan an RP, sar, you have to be REALLY descriptive. I mean, look at Dawn of the Cyborgs. Similar type of sci-fi rp taking place on one planet. Look at all the rules and such. I have a description of the entire city the rp takes place in, exact measures of technology, and very specific rules (in most cases). You need that if you want to make a strict rp like this.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:14 am

Damn it Cleo, I can't believe you posted so quickly after me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next