Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)

Go down 
+6
Derkal
Dragonbud
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
Absolutely not Prussian
Sairei
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:12 am

"That'd be helpful." Samaki groaned to Ketryn. She was a Yarksonian, a race that Samaki had heard of back in his combat days. They were apparently made entirely of metal. She seemed kind enough, and Samaki was in such a poor shape that he figured he didn't have another option. He turned his head to Thray.

"I am Lieutenant Samaki Marais of the Icthian Military Tenth Reef Division. I was captured by The Kyrenians and imprisoned on Aguast 13, 7050 Aquaria years. I was under the assumption that you were sympathizers of the Kyrenian cause and so infiltrated your ship and attacked. I apologize for this misunderstanding." Samaki said this all in almost one breath and then collapsed against the deck, still laying on the ground. He hoped that Yarksonian had a first aid kit built in.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:07 am

Coin lifted his head and looked around. Everyone was okay. That was a good sign. Slightly shaken, he got to his feet and recited a sigh. He cracked a few of his joints out of stressful positions, and corrected them. Everything to be in a suitable condition on Coin's body. The smile had only been absent from his face for about a minute.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:05 am

Thray pulled the first aid kit off the wall and tossed it at Samaki. "Here...this might help." He then walked over to Kydi, pulling him aside. "Do you think we can fix this?"
"...Probably, but it will take time. We've lost connection to a lot of stuff."
"That's why we have the extra parts in the hold."
"...Hopefully the floating fish won't won't eat those," Kydi said ruefully.
"I'm going to go outside an assess the damage," Thray stated, nodding to himself.
"You better be careful," Kydi cautioned, "there's supposed to be harmful radiation in pockets outside, and with the power dead we can't detect it."
"I'll be fine," Thray assured him, "it will only take a minute."

Thray opened the airlock door and lowered the boarding platform down to the ground. A gust of dusty wind kicked up, blowing his cloak aside. He stepped outside into bright, noonday sun. It wasn't all that bright compared to his homeworld, due to a thick brown cloud layer, but it was brighter than the inside of his ship. He took another step onto the platform, getting closer to the ground. He jumped down the rest of the way, causing a cloud of dust to rise from the ground, and turned toward the wing of the ship. It didn't look very promising; much of the engine on the wing was destroyed. They would need a lot more than spare parts.

As he examined the rest of the ship, the first shot hit him square in the back of the head. His cloak absorbed it, causing no harm to him. He mistakenly turned around in a single blurred motion, and took the second shot directly in the face. A little dust-devil swirled around his feet. Thray swayed, an expression of complete and utter surprise etched across his face, before falling forward like a felled tree. Someone hiding among the rubble fired several more stun shots at him for good measure, before emerging silently and dragging him away.

There were ten of them in total, and all of them carried an outdated version of the Kyrenien stun blaster. They were not Kyrenien.
"Take them all," one of them whispered, directing his troops to fire through the door.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
HalfThere
Newborn
HalfThere

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:00 am

"Ow" a single solitary word from Donfroste. He limped over to the medical kit stepping on and over several aliens very rudely he took out a bandage and placed it over his wound,and that was his medical experience if anything hurts strap a bandage on it. He walked over to the door to see where they freaked crash landed. He saw many aliens at the door this was clearly not good. "GO AWAY!" He shouted at them "NO LOITERING" you're lucky I'm to tired to deal with this,cuz if I wuzent I 'd kill all ya idiots" he then threw up all over the entrance
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 7:39 pm

Upon crash landing, Senn simply sat. Nearly responding. His hands were in his face, her teeth gritting in a angry fit of survival. He let his hands fall and looked up. He spoke loudly and clearly and it was obvious he wasn't enjoying this. "Where are we?!"
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:24 pm

"I dunno," Strange responded to Senn's question, "But the hooded guy just got shot in the face! We're under attack... Again!"

Quickly, Strange sprinted out the door, and dived out of sight. He'd be mostly safe - he was bulletproof in some places - the others weren't. Wait a second, what if they were stun guns? That would be even worse. Strange hid behind the crashed ship, on the opposite side of the attackers.
Back to top Go down
SaraSkyWolf
Newborn
SaraSkyWolf

Location : I don't know, but the walls are padded, and they're making me wear this super comfy jacket with no armholes.

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:14 am

Nyx had been knocked unconscious by the ceiling when they had made the jump to the new planet, and, luckily for everyone, had missed the pandemonium that followed.
If she had been awake, she would've already made several attempts to pickpocket them all, but instead, she spent the whole time dreaming of flying pink elephants.
The loud yell of "NO LOITERING" woke her up, as did the massive headache that came from a probable concussion.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:53 am

The five of the ten aliens came through the door and opened fire on anything that looked like it was capable of movement. They were an average of six feet tall, with long serpentine bodies. They looked very much like dark colored snakes, as they had markings akin to those of an anaconda or a diamondback rattlesnake. All of them present had large, brightly-colored frills on their necks. They each had four arms, and thus were able to carry two blasters at once.

They had a manner about them that suggested they had been trained for operations like this, and they held their firearms with confidence. These were not untrained citizens; they were soldiers. Unfortunately for Kydi, that meant he was shot several times just on the account that he was Kyrenien. He went down without a sound, unconscious and paralyzed.

The five aliens that remained outside formed a perimeter around the ship, looking for any stragglers or others like Thray. One of them, presumably their captain, had the thought to call out.
"If anyone is out here," he said loudly, "come quietly and we won't shoot you. You don't want to be out here when the sun goes down anyway, and there's always the radiation to worry about."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Ketryn quickly fell to the ground when the five creatures came into the ship. She had heard them outside, and was prepared for their entrance. This being said, what she was not prepare for was stun blisters. One hit her arm, and she felt her mechanical fingers twitch from the electricity that had hit them. Ketryn could hear the captain outside but didn't pay attention. Instead she watched Kydi fall to the ground, and slowly stood up when she saw this.

The Kyrenian duo that had helped them weren't that bad. Ketryn stared at the five creatures that had opene fire. "I would like to ask that you stop firing, now. You have provoked the two Kyrenians that saved us already, so I suggest you stop while you're ahead or else attack will be guaranteed."
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Senn's fearful mode immediately dropped. His eyes narrowed in a way that had no emotion, but spoke of a truly traumatized person. He came out of the ship with his hands held slightly up, his claws extended to reveal he was dangerous. But he surrendered. "Just don't shoot" he said, "and I'll do whatever you want. Anything." He said, his ears widening to soak in the fullness of the scene.
Back to top Go down
HalfThere
Newborn
HalfThere

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:16 pm

"AAAAAAA!" Shouted Donfroste he charged the large serpentine creatures his fists raised high to strike at them. They blasted furiously at him he managed to get pretty darn close. Until a stray shot hit his helmet and propelled him back a few feet smashing him back into the wooden crate rendering unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Somnus, due to his size, was one of the last to go down. He leapt at the attackers, snarling, and managed to get close enough to try to attack one. Unfortunately, by then he had already been shot more than once. And so, with a final low growl, he collapsed to the ground, a snarl still on his face.

No...
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:37 pm

Strange watched from outside the ship, hidden behind a rock. He had heard them; they had said that they wouldn't shoot if they weren't hostile. However, them shooting the hooded Invader in the face seemed to contradict that.

Then again, Strange thought, they are Invaders. They're universally hated, and there's basically no Kyrenians that are.... Rebels.

Maybe I should run and abandon all of this. Or, perhaps I could surrender and demonstrate to them that I am not harmful. Unfortunately, the former seems to have little chance for success, so I have to surrender...

However, Strange didn't budge yet. He wanted to see how the rest of this skirmish turned out...
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:55 pm

The five serpentine aliens eyed Ketryn warily, but they didn't lower their blasters. What she had said sounded like a threat, and they were not about to back down. Especially with their captain outside waiting on them...This last life-form was the only one not downed. Then again, they weren't stupid. Even the strongest of their kind fell with two blasts, and this thing seemed unaffected by their attempts.

"Come with us and we won't hurt you," one of them ventured to say. "We have orders to capture, not kill, and I would prefer to not break those." He attempted to sound firm, but not too threatening.

Outside the ship, one of the five aliens took Senn carefully, minding his claws. He was not unnecessarily rough with Senn, but he was not especially friendly either. The alien tied Senn with two of his four arms, and kept a stun blaster trained on Senn with the other set. "Don't wander off now," said the alien, with a slight hiss to his speech that seemed inherent. "It'd be a shame if I had to shoot you after all."

His comrades continued to search the outside of the ship for any stragglers.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:15 pm

Senn chuckled a bit. "Rope? How primitive are you, honesty? With my claws, I could easily cut my way lose. Sure, you have projectiles, but if I slashed at the right point with enough for, with enough angle, I'll render the gun unusable. But I digress. I too am in hatred of the Kyrenians. The chance to kill every remaining one would be quite an honor, a great privilege to me. We share a common enemy, that is, if my assumptions that you're here to target those forsaken green-skins are correct. All in all, alone, you're no match for my claws, fangs, venom, and my reflexes. But, I am not as foolish as all the others. I am not going to side with Kyrenians. I want them all to burn. And anyone who supports said Kyrenians should also be put to death." He awaited the response of the alien, eyeing him and studying him closely.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Strange heard Senn's statement and sighed. What an idiot, he thought. Death, death, death, that's all you think about!

Strand looked to the side and noticed the alien soldiers looking around. If he didn't move, Strange knew, he'd be caught. There was no reason to hide anymore.

"Well! Hello!" Strange called out, flagging down the nearest soldier fearlessly. Why should he be afraid? They clearly weren't going to kill them. But then, Strange was still disoriented from his panic attack. Perhaps he wasn't thinking clearly. Nonetheless, Strange continued.

"I see you've shot our guide in the face, friend," Strange said sarcastically. "Now, I can see that you don't intend to, well, hurt us, so I'm gonna take the bait and cooperate." He leaned against the rock, facing the soldiers. Semingly unafraid, but on the inside very nervous. He may as well could have shot himself in the head right there.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Senn snarled. "Get out of here Strange! The time to support those revolting green-skins is done! If you didn't have that bullet-proof exoskeleton, I'd advise them to shoot you right now!" He growled, looking and the creature with a horrible face. His hatred for those that supported his foes was bright and burning.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Strange walked up to Senn and backhanded him in the face lightly, in an almost playful manner. Of course, it didn't hurt Senn at all. "I'm not supporting them," he pointed out. "I'm cooperating with them. They saved our lives, you know."

Slowly, Strange backed away from Senn, to avoid getting in a fight. However, to his realization, he might have already provoked one. "Stay still," Strange threatened, "Or they'll see you as a threat!"

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Ketryn just stared ahead at the five attackers. She was quiet for several moments. She could retreat. She could fight back. She could let herself get captured. Fighting back wasn't very logical- one attack alone sent her hand into a fit of shaking and twitching spasms. If she let herself get hi by so many of those electrical blast, then she would be hit with too much electricity and more than likely short-circuit. Even if that didnt happen, a hit in the chest or was would send too much energy to her mind or heart, and such an attack would be fatal. Retreat would mean leaving everyone here. And also still risking getting shot. She heard Strang and Senn outside, and felt like smiling a bit. Scratch that. She felt furious with these guys currently.

Ketryn sighed. "Fine. You cannot tell, but I am scowling now."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:06 pm

"Hating the Invaders doesn't make you special."
The alien said nothing more in response to Senn, simply because he was just a guard, and he had dealt with many people who would say such things just to be released. He didn't feel very threatened anyway, and had half a mind to just shoot the mouthy creature then and there just to get him to shut up.

When Strange stood and showed himself, the others tensed and raised their weapons. The offhand manner with which he addressed them put them off, and luckily, no one lost their head and elected to attack. The captain of the group, who could be identified because he was taller and the only one to be wearing a hat, had his five remaining soldiers group up around the two aliens. "There will be time for you to fight later," said the captain, slightly amused. He gestured for another in the group to tie Strange as well.

Meanwhile, the five in the ship relaxed visibly. Two of them stepped forward to escort Ketryn out, while the other three began to tie up and drag the unconscious life-forms out of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Senn simply glared at Strange. "Just wait, you strange little creature," he whispered. "When this is over, I'll kill you."

He turned to the guards, his ears lowered a bit angrily. "Fair enough" he said. The guards might have noticed a bit of amusement in Senn's eyes. It was strange. Though it wasn't obvious. He hid it well, but Senn had obviously noticed the captain's annoyed feeling towards him. Senn craned his neck, stretching it. Then he looked at them. "I hope you plan on telling me, exactly where I am being taken, and what is to happen to me." He was more than capable of ripping the binds off, and if he was shot, well... He'd love that.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Ketryn glanced at the two life forms that were escorting her out and then at the other ex-prisoners that had been turned prisoners again. She looked at one of the aliens that were tying them up and just continued to stare at him. And stare. And stare. She remained doing so for several moments. It was the only thing she could do to show her discontent for the current situation. She stopped suddenly and began to just look ahead. Her anger and fear that was present from the current situation was making her think illogically. Staring at her captors was going to do nothing. Se was just going to have to see how the situation played out. There was nothing more that she could do.
Back to top Go down
HalfThere
Newborn
HalfThere

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:48 pm

Donfroste was bound up with a single coed he was.Then slung much like a hunter's kill over the shoulder of the creature and brought outside he was then dumped on the ground where he wriggle like a caught fish and through the groans of pain he managed to shout a few obscenities at the creatures.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:07 am

The captain looked pleased. This operation had gone smoothly without too many hiccups. He sat back on his tail, rather like a kangaroo, and watched his troops work. When the two escorting Ketryn had brought her over, he eyed her with interest, but said nothing.

"Sir?" said one of the troops, "there's a rather large creature inside the ship...we'll need at least five to move it out here."
"Then take five," replied the captain, waving him off and directing four others to join him. The captain knew that reinforcements were about to arrive; he wasn't too worried. As if by some signal in his mind, over a great mound of rubble came four great machines. Instead of tires, they had gripping treads to easily manuver over the terrain. They were a dull reddish color, and gave off quite a bit of smoke. They were reinforced with steel, and looked very thick and very heavy. A couple bore long, lateral scratches, presumably from being forced to fit through a space that wasn't quite wide enough. These machines looked a bit beat up from prolonged use, but were still fully functioning. "Aha," smiled the captain, "there's our escort." One of the machines was larger, and looked most important, as it led the 'parade.' This one had a green insignia on it, though it was faded and the paint chipped.

The machines stopped twenty feet from the group of prisoners. From the back, ramps lowered, and ten or so of the aliens emerged from each. The largest of the alien tanks did a u-turn before opening, and emptied its contents of aliens. What had been an empty crash site was now bustling with the snakelike creatures, and most of them were dual-wielding stun weaponry. A couple, most likely higher-ranking officers, bore more lethal-looking firearms. One of these officers came up to the captain, giving him an odd, unfamiliar salute to those not accustomed to their culture.

"Levith," said the officer to the captain, "I trust things have gone well?"
"See for yourself," said the captain, known as Levith. He smiled, showing his red-tipped teeth. "You can have your soldiers escort these prisoners to the carrier." He indicated the group of assorted aliens behind him, showing a particular distaste toward the two Kyreniens lying prone.
"What a catch..." admired the officer, waving his troops over.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 am

Ketryn stared at the new arrival of the snake-like creatures. She listened to them speak, wanting to scowl again when she heard them referred to as a "catch." She was one of the few that weren't passed out, and took an opportunity to speak up.

"We are not a mere catch," she said, looking at the officer strait in the eye as she spoke. "You are dealing with me, you arrogant life form. Your stun guns didnt even have an effect on me. I only surrendered for the other prisoners' sakes. Know that if you harm any of us, your deaths will be absolute."

Most of what came out of her mouth was a lie. The stun guns. The death part. The "other prisoners" part. She had surrendered for their sake, partially. But mostly her own. However, Ketryn was not being illogical in speaking these words. No. She was waiting for a reaction. Trying to see what the strategies and planning a for these officers were and how they reacted to such threats. Already she was plotting survival and still escape. At least, that's what she told herself.

Deep in her mind, Ketryn knew the statement was led by fear more than logic, an she was currently terrified.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next