Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)

Go down 
+6
Derkal
Dragonbud
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
Absolutely not Prussian
Sairei
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Ketryn's eyes switched to look at Vetrys. She decided to let Wratchet sketch her, trying to shrug off the fact that she was the mechanic as she had something else to think about, currently. So they were being watched and the groups were trying to decide if they were a threat? That makes no sense....

"Let me ask you something," Ketryn slowly said, her voice flat. "What would you do in our situation, sir? If you were captured and your captors treated you harshly, only giving you cold words- would you treat them kindly and act peacefully, or be remorseful? How do you expect for us to act when we're being held prisoner and looked down upon as if we're nothing more than low-life beings that have no thought processes?"

Ketryn paused for a moment before adding in, "If you judge us that way with how you're treating us, however, such studies of our behavior would only proved to be biased, which in examinations you need to take away, correct?"
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:21 am

Vetrys looked at Ketryn for a moment, thinking. She was right, of course, but it was not something he had neglected to consider. There were other variables.

"You make a point," he said, "but your happiness is not more important than the lives of our families." He frowned, almost looking concerned, "there is no other option."

That was a lie. There was indeed another option, and she didn't want to know what it was. This was luxury compared to the other place they could be. With that thought, he added on, loudly, "Levith will be back later to decide which of you will be moved out." He turned away before anyone could ask any questions, and began talking to Wratchet.

"Don't you have a cell to be fixing?"
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:24 am

Wratchet did not like being interrupted while sketching. "What?" she asked, twitching an ear. "You mean HL3?" She motioned at a cell not far away, where there were a couple stray sparks and wires twitching from the ceiling. This was High-Left 3. It was clearly, very broken, but Wratchet was in no mood to spend the next few hours figuring out how to fix it. "I'll have Gaeben fix it later, okay?" she said with exaggerated exasperation, turning back to her sketch.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:01 am

"Yes, families should be a priority. But what if their well-bein depends on how you treat prisoners? Suppose one were to mistake- what would happen then?" Ketryn sighed. "My point is you can't judge as, as I stayed before, in a non-biased way unless you treat us in a non-biased way. Neither kindly nor harshly. It is only then that one can tell the natural behavior of any being."

Ketryn looked down at Wratchet, before sighing once again and leaning back. There was no use trying to explain these things to Vetrys. His mind wouldn't change, most likely.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 3:59 am

Vetrys looked at Ketryn for a moment. He looked upset, as much as he would let himself be, but not entirely angry. There was something else. "If you knew what they're going to do to the Hunter," he said quietly, "you would not be complaining."

Somnus looked up, curious. He wondered if he should ask... If Vetrys didn't want to talk them, that was fine, he supposed. "What are they doing?" He asked, not entirely hostile.

Vetrys just shook his head. "Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Kydi spoke up. "I want to know!" He was as close to the bars as he could get without getting zapped. "Please. I have to know." If they were going to torture Thray or something diabolical like that, Kydi felt he at least deserved to know the fate of his friend.

Wratchet halted her drawing, distracted by Kydi, whom she had not previously noticed. She analyzed him in nearly the same way he had gazed at her, taking in his glasses, shabby lab coat, and worn tool belt that had a profound lack of tools. She was not impressed, having thought a real Kyrenien scientist would be older and more...scary-looking? Or at least with some cool device for her to puzzle over. She frowned, and put away her drawing things.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Ketryn found herself tilting her head down, wanting to glare at Vetrys when he mentioned Hunter. She was wanting to spout out insults and threats, but such things would lead to nothing productive. In fact, it would probably only worsen things from her side of the situation. They were examining them, trying to see if they were violent. She already wasn't in a good position, challenging their captors.

Ketryn was silent for a moment as Kydi spoke up before answering with her input.

"Judging by what Vetrys said... what do you think you wouldn't want to happen to Hunter?" Ketryn's voice became quieter as she said, "Either death penalty or experimentation. If I were you and had to choose between the two, hope for the first. Experimentation is worse." Ketryn was quiet once again before speaking some more, her voice now an emotionless whisper. "I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:23 am

Vetrys spun around, hissing.  The frills on his neck rose, displaying the bright orange and yellow colors.  He glared at Ketryn, clearly very angry.  "Experimentation?" he said, his voice low, as if he was still hissing, "That's what they did to us!"  Slowly, he looked at each of the other prisoners, even Kydi.  "I need you all to understand one thing," he growled, "we are not and will never be like them.  We do not torture and we definitely do not experiment on people!"

He paused, then calmed down slightly.  He was in no way happy, but he stopped talking.  Even Somnus had almost shrank back, but he had stopped himself, staring right back at him.  This was someone who, while he may not have seen the Invaders when they first arrived, lived out the damage every day on a dying planet.  Somnus felt sorry for him, really.  But that didn't mean he wanted to be locked up...
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:06 am

Kydi sighed. "You're right. That's what Kyreniens do." He looked away, recalling Safyr3's tale. She had been a normal creature of flesh and blood before the Invaders captured her. Despite what they did to her, however, she still managed to befriend one of them. A Kyrenien that was different from the rest... And he was not alone. Safyr3's capture inadvertently started the end of the Kyrenien Empire.

The real question was convincing these Jakulo that Kydi himself was no threat. "Listen," Kydi began, gesturing at Ketryn and the others, "I already told you that they had nothing to do with us. Please let them go....And please tell me what is to become of Thray."

"Thray?" Wratchet asked, very confused. "Who's that?"

"The Hunter," Kydi answered patiently. "He has a name you know...Though he only recently remembered it."

Wratchet took this with skepticism. She'd never heard of The Hunter being named...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:49 pm

When Vetrys snapped, Ketryn slowly stepped back. They weren't going to experiment on them or Thray? Her shoulders slowly slid down, showing relaxation as if a weight had been lifted off of them. She wouldn't have to worry bout that, but...

Ketryn glanced at Kydi before looking back at Vetrys, and then Wratchet. All of this confusion was making her head hurt- well, her mind, to be specific. Ketryn mumbled something under her breath as she rubbed the temples of er head before finally letting out a flat sigh.

"The fact you've been experimented on lays out a common ground for us then. I would think you weren't so bad if I didn't think you were executing Thray, even if that has yet to be confirmed," Ketryn said, emotionless, at Vetrys before turning around to walk to the cot on the far end of the room and sitting down. She didn't want to say anything else that may be taken as "nice" to him.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 4:24 am

It was very dark, where they had taken him. About four feet above him was the thick, steel door that had slammed shut awhile ago....or had it been a few minutes? Thray found he had no sense of time in this dark, sunless, unlit room. There had been no explanation for what the room was for, but Thray could only guess that it was to be where he resided until his eventual execution. Or perhaps this was the room he was to die in. Could it be a gas chamber, or some other diabolical device? He hoped death came quickly.

Darkness. Thray remembered darkness. He remembered hiding, shrouded in shadows, waiting for the moment his target came within reach. Darkness had been his greatest ally. Those memories he looked back on with distaste, but he could not ignore the excitement and adrenaline that accompanied each thought. Those days had been before he'd been befriended by Kydi. Before he had realized what evil he willingly participated in. Thray blamed the society, the academy, his whole upbringing. It was unfair to him, and even with what good he tried to do, here he was stuck in the dimensionless deepness of black air and dripping, electrical noises.

Something akin to gears grinding in the walls caught his attention. Thray froze, listening hard, his gaze peering through the darkness like a laser beam. There wasn't much to see; the room was fairly featureless. Where was that grinding noise coming from? The floor began to shake, and its apparent flimsiness worried Thray. Suddenly the floor disappeared out from under him. There was a sudden blinding orange glow below, and a blast of heat blew his cloak around wildly.

He fell into the light, which swallowed him up in the blink of an eye.

Kydi noted the skeptical look Wratchet threw at him, and caught it like someone would a dagger with a practiced hand. "What, you don't believe me?" he asked, faking offense. "I suppose you wouldn't believe my good news either, then, would you?" He gave Wratchet and Vetrys a silly smile, striking an equally ridiculous pose. "No matter. I don't have to tell you." He paused, thinking of a random question. "So...you Jakulo swallow your food whole like true snakes, or do you chew things up?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Vetrys stared at Kydi for a moment. He had mostly tuned the conversation out over the past few minutes, but he still got the gist of the conversation. He couldn't quite understand how Kydi could be so curious, so open, to people who had just captured him by force. He chose not to respond to the question, but he did say something.

"What news?" he asked, skeptical.

Somnus looked up when Vetrys spoke. He had been silent the entire time Kydi had been talking to Wratchet, so Somnus wondered what could've prompted him to react. It seemed Kydi had something important to say.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 12:12 am

Kydi acted like he was thinking hard, playing with them. He'd never been good at lying, but being dramatic was another thing. "It's good news," he said after a moment. "Very good news. But I'll only tell you...if you tell me what happens to Thray." He glared at Vetrys, the look somewhat magnified through his glasses. The effect was hardly intimidating, but the message seemed to get across. Wratchet had to stop herself from laughing.

Being tall had its advantages. Thray did not fall very far. As his feet hit the ground, the bright light went out and the trapdoor above him snapped shut. Then he fell to his knees, slightly off-balance after the unexpected fall. Where had the light gone? It had been blinding down here a moment ago. Now it was as black as pitch once again. He heard shuffling, and at once knew he was not alone in this room. If his ears weren't fooling him, the room was packed. He could hear breathing, anxious whispers, and a great deal of movement.

"Someone turn the lights back on!" someone called grouchily, in a deep gruff voice.

On they came, blinding Thray for the second time. He wished sometimes that his eyes didn't adjust quite as well as they did to the darkness. It made coming back into the light extremely painful. Bleary-eyed, he tried to make sense of the assortment of creatures around him. Being that everything was very blurry, all he could really make out was that he was in a cage, and that there was a large crowd gathered around it staring at him.

Out of age-old insecurity, he pulled his hood down over his face in an attempt to relieve his pained eyes, and escape the gaze of the horde.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 4:52 am

Vetrys paused, more confused than anything.  Did Kydi think he was intimidating?  Kydi was tall, but that expression didn't do him much good.  He sighed quietly.  Whatever this information was, Kydi seemed to think it was valuable to him.  But did that mean anything?  Perhaps...

"Alright," Vetrys said after some thought.  "The-" he paused, then decided to go along with it, "Thray has been taken to the games."  He said this with some distaste.  It was obvious he wasn't happy with the idea.  He looked at Kydi, as if daring him to ask what the games were. He didn't really want to explain, and thought Kydi didn't really need to know anyway. It was unlikely to be dangerous in any way if the prisoners knew, but he didn't like the idea of making them wonder how their friend was doing.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 5:22 am

Kydi blinked. Games? A variety of definitions for what that could mean flitted through his head at the speed of light. He refrained from asking any questions just yet...he had just made a deal. He wasn't too satisfied with Vetrys' explanation of where Thray was, so he elected to be as unspecific as possible while still delivering the message.

Calmly, Kydi stated, "The Overarch is dead."

"That's a Kyrenien," someone growled from the crowd.

"How observational of you," a high-pitched voice mocked.

Thray looked up, his sight recovered. Yes, he was indeed in a cage, and not a very large one at that. Around him were a variety of aliens, and to Thray's surprise, a couple Jakulo. There were not as many people as he had originally thought, perhaps twenty in total. This wasn't what really confused him though. How had these aliens gotten here? Where was here?

The cage he was in seemed to be the center of the room. It was a large room, with a low ceiling. There were benches and the like scattered about, along with many makeshift beds and other creative works to make the place more homey. Bright lights hung from the ceiling at odd intervals, making some of the room brighter than the others. Random shadows scarred themselves across the faces of the residents. A long table sat at the northern end of the room, near what appeared to be the husk of a long-forgotten bar. On the opposite side of the room were three steel blast doors, with nothing but darkness behind their circular glass windows.

"What is this place...?" Thray whispered aloud to himself, his yellow eyes traveling across the face of each alien present. As he looked, he watched for those who showed signs of recognition, and those who did not. It would be good to know who knew him by reputation. A cruel, deep cackle answered him, the laughter echoing off the walls.

"A Kyrenien doesn't know what his own prison is! Fancy that, fellas!"
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:42 am

Ketryn looked between Kydi an Vetrys, confused. What wa the games? And who was Overarch? Ketryn stood up and looke at the two, trying to figure things out. Not just games. THE Games. What could it be like? Ketryn remembered how in history class they learned about their ancestors holding games where they fought at high risks- whether it be for honor or a fight to the death. Her nonexistent throat swallowed in nervousness. Let's hope it's not that. Now who was the Overarch?

Ketryn walked to the edge of her cell, where she had been standing earlier, before slowly saying, "What are you two talking about? The Overarch? The Games? This information both of you are giving is useless to me since right now since I have no idea what it means."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Vetrys swallowed. The Overarch? Dead? Could he trust a Kyrenien to bring him this news? If it was true, then they were safe, if only for a short time before the Invaders reformed, if they ever did. But was it even true? He blinked at Kydi, somewhere between distrusting and nervous. He heard Ketryn ask who the Overarch was, and suddenly he was speaking.

"The Overarch... Is the leader of the Invaders. He alone is responsible for almost all our misfortune..."

Somnus slowly nodded, volunteering his own experience. "While I didn't know for sure until recently, I can tell you that I've seen their ships, now. Most are badly damaged from fights among themselves. Take away the leader and they fall into chaos."

Vetrys looked back and forth between Kydi and Vetrys, still unsure. Finally, he looked right at Kydi with his yellow slitted eyes, and asked, "is this true?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:19 pm

"Of course it's true," Kydi said with exasperation. "It's been over a year since the empire fell. The Kyreniens had a war amongst themselves, and those who remain are bitter enemies and are ravaged by space pirates. More often than not we've encountered lone Kyrenien battleships seeking control of a planet for resource use. Other ships aren't so lucky, and we find them half-destroyed with living crew still aboard...Those we blow out of the sky." He paused, letting that sink in before continuing. "...Thray and I have been traveling around the galaxy spreading the news. No longer must the galaxy be threatened by the Kyreniens; they're too busy tearing each other apart."

It was very odd, watching Kydi speak. He was a Kyrenien, yet he referred to others of his race as 'they,' like he was not one. It was as if he was set apart, both he and Thray. Wratchet found this fascinating, and wished Kydi would keep talking. She wondered what made him so strange...He seemed very different from what she had been told of Kyreniens.

"That's no mere Kyrenien," spat a hissy voice, from a very angry-looking Jakulo. "That's the Hunter!"

Cover blown, Thray thought, rolling his eyes. He stood quickly, examining the cage. His motion made several members of the crowd back up hastily, but most held their ground. Tough crowd.

"He'll kill us if we let him out of the cage," continued the angry Jakulo. "I say we kill him before he gets that chance."

"Hold!" cried a voice from the back. "That be against the code! The code you voted for and put inta place!"

The Jakulo mumbled something under his breath and sat back on his tail, arms crossed. "Kyreniens don't apply to the code!"

"Ye hear that?" answered the voice, addressing the crowd. "'E says code don't apply! Well then, I ask ye, to whom else does the code not apply?" The gathering began to murmer quietly, and cast worried stares both at Thray and at the upset Jakulo. "Suppose 'e decided I don't get the code?" continued the voice. "What'd ye say to that?"

Now the crowd was riled. Apparently the speaker was well-looked upon.

"I never said that!" growled the angry Jakulo. "Fine fine! Let him out! See what he does to you!" With that, the Jakulo stomped out of view into a dark corner over by the dusty bar. Jumping over the counter, he disappeared behind the taps. Several other Jakulo from the crowd followed him, casting  glares over their shoulders. One of them said, "You better watch your back, Parrath. One day the crowd's going to cheer over your dead body."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 am

Ketryn felt inwardly pleased upon the news Kydi gave. So he was gone, huh? Dead? Excellent. Less to worry about, now. All Ketryn had to worry about was her own species and the prison she was currently in. No more Kyrenian problems. But that still left one question...

Ketryn placed he hands on the prison bars, careful not to get shocked by the outer electrical force field as she spoke. "That is very good news, but what are the Games? And when will they decide what to do with us?" Her words were quick; louder than usual- this showed signs of either excitement or fear, despite the lack of emotion in her voice. It may have been a mixture of both feelings. Ketryn was really unsure of her views on the situation. She wante to go, of course, but where could she go? The Yarksonians were of no help. They would either make her work for them or experiment. And Ketryn would do ANYTHING to avoid the latter.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:13 am

Vetrys frowned.  He wanted to believe what Kydi said, but he couldn't be sure.  He supposed it would do no harm to go along with it.  And then Ketryn asked about the games.  He took a moment to think of a way to describe it.

"The games are...  a sport." he said, spitting out the last word.  This was something he would never agree with, nor have the authority to change.  "They are reserved for those who commit the greatest crimes.  The prisoners mainly fight the monsters from deeper underground, but sometimes..."  he trailed off, not willing to continue.  Vetrys decided to answer the other question before anyone could say something.  "As for you, I don't know.  It is my job to keep you out of trouble, and Levith's to decide what to do with you."
Back to top Go down
HalfThere
Newborn
HalfThere

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:32 pm

"Wait wait WAIT!" Donfroste got up from his nap and walked over to the glowing laser wall that separated him from his captors "you're going to make us fight gladiator style to the death? Is this really how your court system works? I know savages with better tactics than this!" "You know what wake me up when I'm ready to be led to slaughter oh and you know it's considered rude to ignore people".
As he went back to his corner he looked at Ketryn "nice to meet you miss he said tipping his helmet in a respectful gesture.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:11 pm

"Nobody said we're sending you guys to the games," Wratchet put in hastily. "Like Vetrys said, the games are reserved for those who have committed high crimes against the Magistrate; crimes against our race. Things like treason, murder. That bad stuff. I don't think Levith is going to send you down there."

Kydi didn't know what to think, what to feel. He felt that Thray would be fine fighting monsters in these games Vetrys spoke of. Thray was the most battle-ready person Kydi knew. It almost sounded too good to be true.

"...What are the rules for these games?" Kydi asked, thinking hard. He had a bad feeling about this, and a sense of doom was creeping over him like a dark shadow as the sun went down.

"...Buncha yeller-bellied snakes, they are," grumbled the speaker, now identified as Parrath, making his way up in front of the cage. His appearance was decidedly feline, though he was a good six feet tall and unlike any Earthly cat to ever exist. His pelt was a steel grayish blue, with lighter ghosts of stripes on his upper arm and legs. His hands and feet were a darker shade, which faded out by his elbows and knees. Only one of two bright orange eye stared at Thray, for the other obscured by an eyepatch. From the top of his head protruded two thin, straight horns about six inches long, and a sharp golden tooth stuck out on the left side of his mouth. He wore a loose-fitting off-white shirt with no sleeves, and a pair of brown shorts that looked as if they had been pants at one point. From the back of these shorts protruded a long tail, with the same light-colored stripes and darker undertone. Overall, Parrath had a very scruffy appearance, only further validated by the manner in which he spoke, and the fact that he had a tiny beard and fluffy cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Ketryn looked at Donfroste, pretty sure if she could have smiled she would have. This being seemed more amusing than others here, as well as... Kinder? She was unsure. "Nice to meet you," she said politely, nodding he head in acknowledgement. She wanted to just sit and talk with this one, really... but there were greater matters at hand. She then turned to Vetrys and Wratchet again.

"I find it humorous how you speak of never becoming like the Invaders, and yet you hold 'games' involving battles to the death that are exactly what I believe they would have done for entertainment, whether it be for criminals or no. You are letting the pain of other become your entertainment, correct?" She quickly glanced at Kydi, "no offense," she quickly added.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Vetrys narrowed his eyes, aware that his answer could make it seem as if he didn't trust the other Jakulo.  After some deliberation, he spoke.  "You...  Have a point," he said, "but I'm afraid I am just the warden."  He nodded, slowly.  "I trust Praceus, make no mistake, he is a great leader, but if I had a true say in the matter..."  he shrugged, "I suppose your friend would be dead already.  Is that preferable?"

"Though.." Vetrys continued, "those who are victorious get to go free..."

Somnus wasn't sure what to say about that.  He supposed Vetrys was right about one thing, they could've outright killed Thray.  It would have been kinder, but perhaps... They could get him out?  Maybe Thray could even get himself out, one way or the other. He didn't want to betray the trust of these people, they truly seemed to be trying their best to keep everyone safe.  But this was a misunderstanding, and something had to be done.

Trailing just behind Parrath came another creature, dressed just as raggedly, though he also wore a belt.  He was a cream color, marked with black 'tears', a dot on each cheek, and three stripes on each of his arms and legs.  From the back of his head down to his tail was a thick black mane, though it consisted of long, thin feathers.  The tip of his tail was made entirely of these feathers.  His bright blue eyes met Thray's, brave and unflinching.  He was nervous, yes, but he knew how to deal with fear.  "Cap'n..." he said quietly, "what say ye?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:02 pm

"Pfff," Kydi mumbled. "No offense taken. My kind have done some pretty horrible things... Not all of us are bad though." He looked back at Vetrys. "So in theory, if Thray wins these 'games' then Praecus will let him go, right?"

Wratchet piped up. "In theory yeah. Many Jakulo have done that. If you win you are completely forgiven of the crime...and there aren't many repeat offenders."

"This cage be no place for a new sailor, says I!" Parrath cried, raising an arm and sliding the rickety latch off the cage's door. The rusty door opened creakily, as if protesting being disturbed. "Come out from the brig, lad!"

Thray was overwhelmed, and didn't move. He simply stared, his yellow eyes looking eerie in the dim light. Parrath blinked, a smile frozen on his face. For an awkward moment no one moved.

"Aww," Parrath whined, frowning and breaking the silence. Slumping his shoulders he mimicked Thray's stance. "Ye look like ye had a run-in with the bearer of the black spot! Come on lad, we seek ta give ya quarter. No tricks, ye have me word as an honorable gen'eman o' fortune."

Hesitantly, Thray exited the cage. His steps were slow at first, but he quickened his pace when he realized if he didn't make a move Parrath was likely to run out of patience and just shut the door, leaving him trapped. Unsure of what to do, he stood awkwardly in front of Parrath and Kirex. "...You...You're pirates?" he asked, not sure if he should ask such a ridiculous question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next