Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]

Go down 
+3
Maxx
JunkMail
EropsToad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:50 am

I guess I can edit out the character interaction in my post, then, since Paige has already left the area. I thought they were at the store, for some reason.

At any rate, intensive training is probably going to occur with Paige, because her Pokemon aren't going to actually get into battles. As a result, her Pokemon might seem weak if someone meets her at first, but if they're gone for a long time, they'll come back and find that they've gotten ridiculously strong because of all the different things they've been doing. The first things Paige is planning right now is magnetism control (No more attracting metal other than parts of the Beldum's body), and injury-free attacks.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:55 am

EropsToad wrote:
Beldum evolves into Metang at Lv. 20; I guess you can parallel this via intensive training.

Expect a Tyrantrum and Aegislash by the second gym. In games, I always roll at least 10-15 levels above the gym leaders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:37 am

That's nice and all, but games are all stats and points.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:44 pm

It's true that the games are based off of stats, but I'm kind of using them to tell how strong my Pokemon should be during certain parts of the story. I want them to have a steady rate of growth, unless the training is just so intensive that they skyrocket in power. I dunno, my character won't challenge any gyms, but that isn't to say she doesn't feel the desire to make her Pokemon as strong as possible; it's more so her Pokemon don't get hurt if a situation ever creeps up, since weak attacks don't hardly do any damage to ones that are really strong.

The way I have it, she's going to be this nonviolent person with really strong, scary Pokemon, and she only ever uses them if a bad situation creeps up. Chances are, the only fights Paige will actually get into are in any scraps with Team Fractal, or under any circumstances that she wants to catch a new Pokemon, or something happens and she gets attacked out of the blue.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Just saying, it's the machinery in the cabin that's frozen, not the bridge itself.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:28 pm

I don't know why I keep on messing up.

EDIT: I've edited my post, but regardless, my character's getting this bad feeling, like something's not right.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:55 am

Hey, Lieo, before we get too far into this, do you want to do this as a turn-based thing, or do you want to take the battles in a more realistic fashion?

On an unrelated note...

Species: Inkay
Nickname: Javert
Moveset: Reflect, Swagger, Foul Play, Topsy-Turvy
Ability: Contrary
Held Item:
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:14 am

We can do it as you like. I would prefer a realistic and more thematic fashion, but we can also go by a game-similar function at the same time to help us better determine the winner. For instance, using base speed stats to help us determine who is more likely to move first.

(I would also prefer if this was asked and worked out before the battle started and automatically Leech Seeded, but w/e, I'll work with it.)
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:31 am

Yoooooo DB I thought Caroline was going to run into Baltoy.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:10 am

aw yes i did
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Well, I think before she catches the Aron, Paige is going to obtain her Magikarp, and that capture is coming up pretty soon.

Species: Magikarp (Male)
Nickname: Hannibal
Moveset: Splash, Tackle
Ability: Swift Swim
Held Item: Lucky Egg
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 4:39 am

I think from here on out, players in PvP battles need to determine the results of those battles beforehand in order to minimize arguing over who the heck is winning the battle.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:05 am

I don't like competitive play within roleplays, but there is a calculator available to help determine the results logically.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:42 pm

I think pre-determining the winner is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 2:24 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
I think pre-determining the winner is a good idea.

It was my idea. Of course it's a good idea!

http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

A no item, serious nature, level 10 Deino using bite does 144-176% to a level 7 no item adamant Honedge.

Take that as it may. I used level seven on the Honedge because it was just caught.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Also Level 7 because it doesn't know Metal Sound yet.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 2:43 pm

I get the hint. Oneshotting isn't very interesting to write, though.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:02 pm

I was just linking it and pointing out the information I put in so you could accept or debunk it based on what you knew of your pokemon.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm

I guess that means my Magikarp that Paige caught is a pretty high level, although the way I have it pictured out, Dante, for now, doesn't completely trust Hannibal, and Hannibal will always have a fierce personality, for a Magikarp. That doesn't mean that he won't appreciate Paige's efforts to take care of him, though. I imagine Hannibal's evolved Gyarados form to be like the scary father that threatens people that he thinks might harm his daughter.

...That being said, personalities of my character's Pokemon are based off of family members, because it's a good template to draw from.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Beldum can't use anything but Take Down. I don't know where you pulled that from, but it feels like you're cutting corners.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Fine, I'll change it back to Take Down.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:54 pm

I don't want to nitpick or harass, Vipes. I just want to maintain a good balance of fairness and facts. And don't underestimate the development it might bring! Knowing nothing but Take Down is a good story device, and might help to create a stronger connection between Paige and Dante.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Alright, then, I'll have Dante learn the move in a more traditional fashion, since Zen Headbutt is actually a move that Beldum can use if it's been tutored. I was originally intending to do a training thing where Paige tries to teach it to him, but I freaked out with the appearance of five attacking dogs; panicking over unexpected fight scenes is probably becoming my own personal weakness in RPing. The main problem for me is that Take Down is also the only move Metang, the evolved form, can naturally use. Dante won't actually learn a full move set until he's a Metagross, and he won't be one of those until he's level 45.

Chances are that Dante is going to faint after Paige and Knox fend off the wild Pokemon, because he's still taking damage, he's just too angry at the moment to really care that much. Of course, Paige is going to feel really guilty, because she'll have two injured Pokemon, and all she could do was jump out of the way and hit Poochyena over the head with her purse.

There's also the fact that even though it'll heal nicely, the scratch that Dante got over his back isn't ever going to regain the typical bluish color, making it a kind of shallow, yet visible scar. That means that during all the evolutionary phases, Dante will be recognizable because one of the legs will have this silver mark across it. Everyone will think it was a battle scar, because of the way it looks, when really, it was an accidental injury.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Actually, Vipera, you might not have to wait that long. Metang does get most of the moves it gets as a Metagross (it even gets HYPAH BEAM, if I'm not mistaken). Level 25 would probably be around the 2nd gym, so your pseudo-legendary supercomputer's coming more quickly than you think.

Now that being said, I probably wouldn't rush too hard through the story because I agree that having solely Take Down is a very good plot device.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:37 pm

I already changed the post to say he only used Take Down. At any rate, the fact that Metagross has extremely high defense, and intelligence that supposedly surpasses a supercomputer, is the main reason I chose Beldum as Paige's Pokemon, since she's interested in studying materials, and if she was going to have a Pokemon, she needed a really smart one. I didn't really think Slowking would do much for her, even though it's supposedly more intelligent than Nobel-Prize scientists, because I didn't feel like its laid-back manner was suitable.

Anyway, if Level 25 is around the second gym, that would mean shortly before people start challenging the second gym leader, Dante would evolve into Metang, since the evolution happens at level 20, but that would also depend on how much training happens.

EDIT: My mistake, Metang does learn moves by leveling up. Where did I get the misconception that Metang can only use Take Down? I must have read the wrong article, or something...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next