Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]

Go down 
+2
ViperaUnion
EropsToad
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:23 pm

A flock of Starly soared over the houses in Crystalshore Town. Pellipers cawed and crowed at the lapping white beaches of Norue's south coast.

The hiss of steam. A train rolled into Crystalshore Station, blowing off its whistle and grinding to a halt. A crowd of people surged off the cars, crowding onto the platform and meeting their relatives or partners in business, or whoever was present to recieve them.

One of these people was a boy named Knox Thomas.

NOW ARRIVING: CRYSTALSHORE STATION.

The voice boomed over the loudspeaker as Knox adjusted his tool belt and set foot on the platform with a cumbersome thud. He turned the Poké Ball in his hand over and over. The red-lidded capsule held in its clear casing a Pokémon consisting of two sentient gray cogwheels with bulbous teal noses and blank expressions.

When Knox's father had sent him on his way, this Klink--christened Ford, after the automobile manufacturer--was given to Knox along with the tool belt as a parting gift. Knox was supposed to meet a professor to obtain his Pokédex and Trainer's Card.

Knox's stoic expression softened marginally at the thought of his dear father; the Black boy latched the Poké Ball onto his belt and strode off towards a large, shining-white concrete laboratory across the dirt path.

------------------------------------------------------

A girl's lanky frame lay sprawled on the bed, her dark hair in a tangled mess. She was snoring like a Slaking (gold-digging habits aside, thankfully). Suddenly, a flash illuminates the room and a small green Pokémon joyfully plants itself on the girls' bosom, jolting her awake.

Laura found herself staring face-to-face with a happy Petilil. She sat bolt upright, the shock from Petilil's "gentle" landing jolting her awake. Her mother stood by her bedside, smiling, wearing a red cardigan. "Happy birthday, sweetie!" she said, giving the tall a kiss on each cheek.

"Mom? Wait, what... Hey..." Laura said, not fully awake.

"It's your sixteenth birthday, remember? I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this; I wanted it to be a surprise!"

"No, Mom, it's okay," Laura said, looking back at the diminutive Pokémon on her lap. The Petilil raised its stubby green arms and winked at the girl. Laura picked up the Pokémon under its armpits (wherever those were) and leaped out of bed, spinning in a circle and giving her new Pokémon a big hug. "I love her!"

Laura already knew that Petilil was a female-only species. When she lived in Unova, she would frequently take walks with her mom in Pinwheel Forest. She got to know the various species in that forest, from Pansage to Venipede.

Laura put the Pokémon down and strode over to the window. She stood on her toes and stretched, tightly shutting her eyes before looking out to the white sand.

"Laura," her mother said, "there's something else I want to show you."

The girl turned around and approached her mother, who presented her with a small black box. Laura opened the box and found inside a steel analog wristwatch with exposed clockwork. However, the most intriguing part of it was the small, rainbow-colored gemstone embedded in the hands' axle. In that gemstone was engraved a curved symbol. It was only faintly visible due to its small size, but somehow, it stood out on the watch.

“This watch came from a family friend in Kalos,” Laura’s mother explained, as Laura strapped the watch on and set it based on the clock in her room.

“It’s great, Mom,” Laura said. “Thanks.”

Her mom gave her a smile. “Well, you’d better get dressed if you want to pick up your Pokédex and Trainer Card from Professor Palm,” she said.

—————————————————————

Knox knocked on the laboratory’s door. “Hello?” he asked.

“Oh, sorry,” said a voice behind him. Knox turned around to face a lean man wearing a pair of spectacles and a white lab coat. His hair was a tangled mess (probably from spending more time researching that combing), and he had the disheveled look of a man who spent a lot of his time for the sake of science. He had a twinkling smile and a somewhat apologetic expression. A male Combee buzzed by his side, its antennae quivering in the air as its wings beat like a helicopter’s blades.

“Professor Palm,” the man said, sticking out his hand to Knox. “I’m expecting two people today to pick up Pokédexes. And you are…”

“Knox Thomas, sir,” Knox replied, grabbing the Professor’s hand and giving it a firm shake. Palm winced at the power of Knox’s grip.

“Pleased to meat you, Knox,” Palm said, before looking towards the distance. “And I think the other should be arriving just about…”

———————————————————————

“You didn’t forget your glasses, did you?” Laura’s mom asked as Laura opened the door of her mom’s car and stepped out. In response, the girl held up the gleaming black case in which she held her glasses. Her mother smiled and waved. “Have fun!”

Laura nodded and turned towards the large laboratory building.

It didn’t take very long for her to trip over something.

“What the—“ Laura started, turning around to look at whatever had tripped her. Apparently she had tripped on the hilt of a… sword? She bent over to look at it.

A blue gem was embedded in its hilt. The sword was about 2-and-a-half feet long, with a blue sash hanging from the pommel. Tied to the sash was the sword’s ornate brown sheath. There was a line-shaped indent in the center of the gem in the hilt.

Laura cocked her head and stared at the sword. She could have sworn that sword wasn’t there when she first stepped off the car.

She shrugged it off and strode towards Palm’s lab.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 5:59 pm

In Crystalshore Town there was an unusual teenage girl running around in some of the less-crowded areas. She appeared to be somewhere in her mid-to-late teens, and had a Beldum floating close behind. It seemed the girl and the Beldum were trainer and companion, respectively, because she had been dodging and avoiding bumping into other human beings all day, and then stopping to check and make sure the robotic-looking Pokemon was keeping up. The concept itself wasn't unusual, but the girl, by anyone's standards, was dressed far too warmly for a seaside town: she was wearing what appeared to be two jackets, one over the other, and it seemed more like she was prepared for running through waist-deep snow, versus an urban street close to the coastline. With all the running she was doing, one couldn't help but look on and marvel at the fact that she didn't seem completely roasted yet. When she finally paused to take off her first jacket, and tied it around her waist, she still looked crazy, because the second jacket, despite the fact that she had zipped it down to the collarbone, was a warm red fleece.

By this point, she finally slowed down and started walking at a regular pace, her Beldum catching up and floating by her side.

"Dante, where do you think the lab is?" Paige asked the Pokemon, although chances were she wouldn't get an answer.

Dante's single red eye looked at her, but the Beldum made no sound.

Paige sighed, "I heard it was somewhere in this area. I wish I'd thought further ahead and brought a map. It doesn't really make much sense in hindsight to wander aimlessly all around Norue, hoping to find the next town or the area where the Pokemon we're interested in live. Now I just feel kind of ridiculous, and I don't know any of these people. Should I stop and ask for directions?"

Dante made a small sound in response, and Paige looked at him, "I guess we can try, but considering what time of day it is, we might be lucky enough to bump into someone on their way there."
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 6:10 pm

“It dosen’t matter how far away a leader is from it’s group, a leader is always a leader” — Brock

"Why the hell do we have to go to the professor's? We already have our pokemon!"

The voice that emanated from the door to the couch belonged to a young male. He was a fit and was a little over average height for his age. He wore a light hoody to keep him warm in Norue region's more temperate climate. Most people who lived in Norue were more accustomed to it's chillier weather, and tended to fair better in it that people of per say, Hoenn or Jhoto. However, despite being more resilient, keeping the chill off the skin was his main concern. Over his hoody he wore a buckled vest with a few pockets on the outside and many on the inside. He had long, baggy pants on, and some relatively new running shoes. Next to him he had a backpack, which was stuffed with supplies he and his sister had picked up the day before. He was ready. To his side there was a small dinosaur on the couch, that he was silently petting as he played on his phone. The creature seemed to be watching him play, silently judging his actions as if it could do better.

"You dont go to the professor's just for a pokemon, Damian. We dont need to do that, obviously. We also need out pokedexes, and trainer cards. Those matter too, you know." Said the girl, who was standing at the doorway. She was taller for a girl, standing at a solid 5'8. She was very attractive, and wore long warm clothing like the male did. However, her colder tone made the boy scoff. The Pawniard at her knees crossed it's bladed arms and emitted a sound that sounded like metal bending. The Tyrunt, listening to this, jumped off the couch and ran over to the bladed creature, and began to growl at it. The two began wrestling, the Pawniard attempting to actually hurt the little dinosaur with it's bladed appendages, but failing due to the Tyrunt's touch rocky exterior. The little dinosaur saw it more as a game than anything else. The girl was the one who ended up separating the two. The little devil that she cradled almost like a baby attempted to cut at her hair. She dodged this by craning her neck. Her pokemon didnt like her like her brother's Tyrunt did. The dinosaur crooned in disappointment, before running back to the boy, who was only just now getting up off the couch. "You better keep a close eye on that thing Donna. It's going to hurt someone if you're not careful."

The girl, known as Donna, rolled her eyes and began fixing her hair into a ponytail. She had very long, light auburn hair that had a blue streak going through it, which matched her top very nicely. "There. Fixed. The little thing cant cut at it anymore." The Pawniard on the ground, hearing this, jumped, and attempted to cut at her hair as it was just above her knee. But alas, it was just out of the bladed creature's reach. "We can take mom's car. I'm sure she wont mind. I have my license after all." The girl said, pulling out her wallet from her own backpack, and flaunting her license in front of her brother, who sneered at her. He had waited a little too long to get his permit. "Let's go then."

---------------------------

The drive to the professor's was short and uneventful, the best kind really. No real problems besides the Tyrunt wining about not getting more than it's fair share of treats. Damian spoiled the little dinosaur rotten, which is probably why it liked him so much. They had driven past some girl with a Beldum, but they were going too fast to stop, and Donna didnt like picking up hitch hikers. They were pushing the doors open to enter the laboratory when the Professor came bursting out to meet them instead. Damian smirked at the man cooly as he huffed to get his breath back. When the Professor stood up, Damian offered his hand. "Damian and Donna Troi, pleasure to meet ya!" Damian said, much better at introductions than his sister, who stood quietly next to him. "We're here to pick up our 'dexes and trainer cards." Damian continued as the Professor shook his hand. "Professor Palm, pleasure to meet you," the man said, only to wince at Damain's alarming grip. "That's twice to today..." the professor mumbled holding his throbbing hand with his other. "Come inside!" the man suddenly said, ushering them in. "Ladies first." Damian said, stepping to the side for his sister to pass. She gave him a confused look. What was he planning?

"Here are your pokedexes. Black and white, respectively for you two to choose from." the Professor announced, putting the dexes on a table for them to take their pick. "Will you be getting your first pokemon too?" the Professor asked. "No, no, we have our own already." Donna said, finally speaking. Just as she said this, her Pawniard came running through the door, followed closely by Damian's Tyrunt, who had fire flowing from the sides of it's maw. Donna scooped up her Pawniard away from the hungry jaws of the Royal Heir Pokemon. The Pawniard clung to her, cutting her slightly. She winced at this, but remained protective. The little dinosaur jumped up, trying to reach the bladed pokemon. "Damian, control your pokemon!" She said to him sternly. "One does not simply..." he mumbled back, but reached into one of his vest pockets anyways and held up a piece of candy. The Tyrunt, smelling the treat, turning tail and began annoying Damian instead. While he was doing this, he silently took the black pokedex. He had ordered his Tyrunt to do this all along, before the left the car even. "Good dinosaur." he said, smiling evilly to himself as he dropped the food into the jaws of the soon to be great reptile. Donna went to grab her dex, and saw that Damian had already gotten the black one. She scowled at him. Realizing why he had let her in first, to distract her.

"Go and take a seat over there so I can get your picture for your cards!" The Professor said, smiling. Damian took his seat first, and got his picture within the next few seconds. The professor then took his pokedex and synced it with his trainer card. He did the same with Donna, and as he returned the pokedexes to their new owners, he smiled.

"Welcome to the world of pokemon."
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 pm

When Laura reached the steps of the laboratory, she accidentally bumped into a stoic black boy wearing a tool belt and a grease-stained plaid collared shirt. "Sorry, mis'sum," the boy mumbled, shying away from her gaze. Laura turned back at the boy, who hurried away quickly than his bulky frame should have allowed. Laura shrugged and entered the lab. A bell rang. She stepped out of the way of two arguing siblings, and said hello to the professor. The man turned around from his desk and said, "Oh, you're here! I've been expecting several visitors."

"My name's Laura DiCastelia," Laura said to the professor.

"Professor Palm," the professor replied, stretching out his sore hand and shaking with Laura. "I assume you're here for the Pokédex and the Trainer Card? Your mom called me in advance. Happy birthday, by the way."

"Aw, gee," Laura replied, before approaching a table with a dull gray Pokédex. "So, this is the Pokédex they use in this region, huh?"

Laura flipped off the lid and two screens blinked at her. A circular pad and a quartet of buttons flanked the bottom screen. Laura felt around the edge and pulled a stylus pen from the top of the device.

"This Pokédex has the capability to record data for the 719 known species of Pokémon," the Professor said, "though I received a few calls from a colleague that there was a 720th species recently discovered in Kalos."

"I'll keep that in mind," Laura said.

----------------------------------

Knox, with noticeable discomfort, walked stiffly from the laboratory. Contact with the opposite sex made him uncomfortable; he did not know how to act towards girls he was not related to. The fact that the girl was taller than he was only added to his discomfort. He felt much more at ease when in the company of machines.

Speaking of which, he decided to let Ford take some air. He pulled the capsule holding his Klink from his tool belt and pressed on the white button. The red lid flipped open and the Pokémon erupted from the ball with a white flash. Ford twirled its wheels and emitted a mechanical clicking sound, like Morse code.

"You doin' okay, there, Ford?" Knox asked the pair of gears. One gear circumnavigated the other and reversed directions twice. "I'm takin' that as a yes."

----------------------------------

Laura exited the lab, putting her Trainer Card case in her pocket. "Okay, thanks a--- ACK!"

Laura tripped again. She turned back and saw that exact same sword lying on the ground next to her. "I swear I took a faceplant from that thing just ten minutes ago..." she mused. "Someone ought to have taken it..."

The gem in the sword's hilt blinked. The blade quivered, and the sword began to rise on its tip, the sash trailing behind its pommel. The gem's indentation darted left and right like an eye, before focusing on Laura. Laura stood, frozen in awe.

Laura reached for her Pokédex and snapped a photo of the Pokémon. The device connected to the Internet, though rather slowly ("Stupid 4G," Laura muttered).

"Honedge: the Sword Pokémon. Steel and Ghost type. Honedge was first born when a departed soul inhabited a sword. Using the blue cloth on its pommel, it drains the life force of those who try to grab its hilt against its will."

Laura looked uncomfortably at the blue sash on the Honedge's pommel. The girl and the Pokémon stared at each other for a little while. "I'm probably not going to touch it," Laura said.

She turned away and walked down the dirt path. She heard a metal hum behind her.

Laura turned. The sword wasn't there. She turned back around, and jumped: Honedge was floating right in front of her. Honedge nudged her arm with its hilt.

"I don't have time for this," Laura muttered, pushing past Honedge and continuing down the path. Again, the Honedge insisted on floating in front of her. It made no aggressive movements, but it did hum indignantly. "Look, Honedge, I really don't want my soul drained from my body today," Laura asserted. "So good day, and, ah, stay sharp."

Laura pushed past the floating sword again. Honedge made a metallic huff and floated after Laura. The Pokémon tapped his sash-finger on Laura's shoulder and gesticulated wildly when Laura turned around. "Geez, you don't know when to quit, do you?"

Honedge's gem gleamed innocently, as if it were batting its eyelids.

"Alright, fine, you can follow me. But no soul-stealing!"

To prove its point, Honedge wrapped itself around Laura's right arm and swung its blade around before finally hanging off her shoulder. It looked up at her and winked. Laura waited for herself to wither up and die, but that didn't happen. In fact, the sash was pleasantly cool and silky-smooth. It had an intriguing cerulean swirl design at its end. Laura actually thought Honedge to be a little endearing.

With Honedge slung over her shoulder, Laura began to tread the dirt path. She came across the black boy she had run into. "Oh, hey!" she called. "You're the one who bumped into me!"

The boy shied away and pretended not to notice. "Hey, come on, I don't bite!" she shouted, following him, Honedge bumping against her right shoulderblade.

The boy turned, and his round eyes widened at the sight of the blue sash wrapped around her arm. "You've got a--"

"Hey, if this thing was draining my soul away, don'tcha think it would have got it by now?" Laura said, cutting him off. "What's your name, anyway?"

"Knox Thomas," the boy mumbled. "M'bye."

"Wait, where are you going?" Laura asked, tagging along with Knox.

Last edited by EropsToad on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Paige and Dante were still wandering around when she noticed two people around her age walking down a dirt path a distance away. It looked like they had Pokemon with them, what seemed to be Honedge and a Klink. She raised her one hand and waved, before hollering, to get her attention, "Hey! Are you guys trainers!? She yelled, "Wait up!" She ran up to them, seemingly immune to the high temperatures that would have cooked anyone else in the jacket she was wearing. "I'm sorry to bother you, but do you guys know where the Pokemon Laboratory is? We just visited town, but we forgot a map, and now we're lost." Behind her, Dante produced a little humming sound as the camera-like orb containing the Beldum's eye rotated in its socket, looking at the two trainers.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Laura acknowledged Paige as Knox shied away. Honedge swung round her back as she turned towards the shorter girl. "If you follow down that path," Laura said, pointing over towards the dirt pathway, "you should see a big white building. That's the Pokémon Lab. I'm Laura, by the way." Laura stuck out her right hand. Honedge shifted a little to keep from restraining Laura's arm.

Knox was silent, but his Klink was intrigued by the Beldum floating next to Paige. The pair of gears hummed in curiosity, turning and gazing at Dante with both of its open eyes. Ford nudged the Beldum... and accidentally found itself glued via electromagnetism to Dante. Ford panicked, trying to wrench itself free by spinning rapidly. Knox grabbed onto Ford and attempted to pry his Klink off of the Beldum. Laura turned towards the commotion.

Immediately, Honedge sprung into action, unwrapping itself from Laura's arm and slicing the area between Ford and Dante. The Pokémon separated with a nice clean cut.

"Sorry 'bout that," Knox muttered, pulling his agitated Klink away from Dante as Honedge repositioned itself on Laura's shoulder. He sighed; he had to make contact with Paige now that Ford's shenanigans had gotten the poor Klink stuck to Beldum. "If you follow the dirt path, like this girl said, you'll come up to a white building. The professor's name is Palm. He's a nice guy. Don't shake his hand too hard."

Knox turned to Laura. "I guess I owe you one for that save with your Honedge," Knox said.

"Well, it's not technically my Pokémon, but it does like to hang around me. First chance I get, though, I'll..."

Knox produced one Poké Ball and handed it to Laura. "Consider us even," he said, before turning to walk away.

"Hey, thanks," Laura called after Knox. Knox grunted and put up two fingers in a kind of salute.

Honedge curled itself around Laura's arm and looked at the Poké Ball. Suddenly, it made a sharp movement and knocked its hilt on the white button on the Poké Ball. Honedge dissolved into light and curled into the capsule, which shook three times before making a satisfying click.

Laura decided that her Petilil needed some air as well, but she rather enjoyed having Honedge at her side (literally).

Both Pokémon were soon aside her (well, Honedge was wrapped around her arm again). She looked at her Petilil. "I haven't given either of you a name yet," Laura noted. She picked up her Pokémon's Poké Balls and pulled out a Sharpie. "Alright..." Laura said, looking at her Petilil and scribbling something on the Poké Ball. "Your name's Lillian from now on."

The newly-christened Petilil--Lillian--bounced around happily and shot up Laura's blue tank top. "Ack, watch the... okay," Laura said as Lillian settled on her left shoulder. Laura pulled Honedge off her shoulder by the hilt, meeting no resistance from the sword Pokémon. Laura remembered an old tale that her grandfather used to tell her. Her grandfather was an expert on the mythologies of various regions, but one story stood out to her: the story of the cursed blade Tyrfing.

It wasn't a pleasant topic, but then again, Honedge was half-Ghost.

"You're name's Terry," Laura said to Honedge, writing just that on the Poké Ball. "It's short for Tyrfing; you like it?"

Terry hummed a pleasant hum like a perfect tuning fork.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:42 am

Reyna Baker

The ships were smelly metal boxes filled with smelly sweaty people on top of a large expanse of water to which there is no escape, and she was stuck on one of them with those sorts of people for a good hand-full of hours - and it was crowded. The scent of body odor and moth balls were just barely diluted by the salty ocean air, and the crowd incited high tensions among the people. In fact, Reyna nearly started two fights on separate occasions, so when the city finally came into view, and the ships roared its roaring horn and came to a screeching stop alongside the Crystalshore harbor, there was little stopping Reyna from pushing and shoving her way down the departure ramp. Jogging through the busy crowd, she practically bellowed out into song! "Yooooo! I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want!"

This of course prompted a strange look from a young man nearby, whom she had of course shoved into one of the chain fences, and did not falter in her celebration of finally being on land again, "so tell me what you want, what you really really want!"

She continued down to jog down the road until she met a clear opening, and as she slowed down, began laughing and giggling her head off! Man, that guy was a riot! He should've seen the look on his face! Ya know what she really wants? To finally get into town and off that boat! So now she's here, in town. This was basically her natural habitat! She tightened the fasteners of her black military backpack and straightened her leather jacket. So this place was much cooler than Hoenn! She might have to break out an actual coat the further north she gets. What a shame though! She loved her jacket. It told so much about her and her character. You can't get much more stylish than a leather jacket. Pfft, okay, jackets aside, where was she going? Professor Palm's laboratory? Ha! Easy enough. The harbor shouldn't be too far. She took marching down the street, and only so soon did she find the pale building, to which she grinned devilishly and pursued a route along its course.

She pushed the door open and met the messy professor with a gleaming smirk, who met her with his own warm smile. "Hello," he said, "and who might you be?"

"The name's Reyna!" She told him proudly. Dude, this guy looked nuts. Was he really a scientist? "I came from Hoenn. I was told I was supposed to be retrieving the Norue Pokedex and Trainer Card here."

The scientist rubbed his glasses with a white cloth and looked at her again with a curious look. "Oh, I see. You're a long way from home. My name is Professor Palm!" He said extending his hand out for a shake. But this was responded to by Reyna's hand meeting his own with a loud slap, leaving the stinging sensation to throb through the same hand he had used to shake with the two previous boys. Reyna had met his hand with a good old high-five with some extra vigor and said to him, "Nice to meet ya, mister Palmers!"

His hand throbbed, and he had to resist the urge of yelping by the sudden impact. He looked at her, who was unfazed with but a toothy grin. "Ah, yes..." he said, now feeling the full effects of what he has wrought upon himself and was likely beginning to feel discouraged by the sudden influx of new trainers. "...so as for the Pokedex and Trainer Card. I'll be with you for right a moment."

The guy's a pretty swell dude! Reyna thought to herself. She waited patiently as a remote camera flashed a photo of her, and began revving. It wasn't long before the professor procured a Pokedex for her and returned from around the corner down the hall. He pressed a couple buttons from the machine revved from before, and a plastic identification card was produced. He handed the two items to Reyna. "Don't lose these." He said. This was likely in part largely to due with her overwhelming demeanor.

"Sure thing, Palmers! Thanks!" She said nonchalantly as she deposited it into her backpack.

"It's Professor Palm..." The man sighed.

"Got it!" Reyna replied, excited to continue on her adventure. She backed out the door waving her hand goodbye. "See you later, Palmers!"

Sean O'Neil

Crystalshore Town wasn't too far from Opal City, where Sean lived. In fact, it was the next town over. It was the target of train tracks and migratory civilian ships. It had a bit of hustle and bustle that Sean might find frightening, but it was also the location of the scientist Professor Palm. Sean had no reason to see him himself, as his card and Pokedex were mailed to him. But Palm's laboratory made Crystalshore a target location for starting trainers and adventurers, and it was suggested that Sean found some travelling partners before he did on his own. It truly wasn't that far, and the landscape was flat. So he was able to travel while accompanied by his two Pokemon. True, most trainers traveled with their Pokemon in their Pokeballs, but something about these two made him feel safe and happy. Secure. And he enjoyed being around them. Besides, Congress, the Slakoth, he just hung there around his neck and laying on his backpack, he was as happy as could be whereas the Solosis, Meepers, floated tirelessly alongside him.

The second day of travelling and he was already starting to feel scared about going off into the big open world like this. He wasn't even sure if he should be trusting the people he meets in Crystalshore. Of course, his father insisted that "it's all part of the experience", but something in his mind made him doubt the legitimacy of such a practice. Regardless, he managed to make it to Crystalshore on his second day. It was bustling. Where is he supposed to find other trainers? Was Sean even a trainer? He wasn't even sure what he wanted to do on his journey. Being a regular battler didn't sound super appealing and he didn't feel confident about being in contests. A journey about self discovery? Wow, whoever he ends up with is probably gonna pick on him a lot. He sounded ridiculous.

Okay. So his building was pale and it was made of concrete, was that right? Okay, simple enough. He could just wait right outside of it and meet people, right? But what would he say?! Better come up with something quick before... oh. It was right there. He really didn't have time to think it over, did he? No, of course not. He sighed in resignation as he walked feebly towards a bench. He reached behind him and lifted the Slakoth off his back - he was surprisingly heavy - and set him down in his lap. Congress was momentarily disturbed from its nap, but was content once again when he found himself still and safe on Sean's lap and dozed off once again with Sean scratching his back. The Solosis was floating above the ground on Sean's right hand side, apparently intrigued by all the sights and sounds of the city.

So who was nearby? There were these two kids who looked like teenagers. Probably siblings. They were right outside the lab, talking. The boy seemed pretty cocky the way he talked to her, the girl responding simply and cooly and seemingly not caring about whatever he was talking about. Maybe some other kids nearby, but he wasn't sure if he should be associating them with the lab. It was a little while before he saw someone else noteworthy or relating to the laboratory. A really energetic redheaded girl with a leather jacket came out the lab door, punching the air and hopping down the staircase in what he suspected to be excitement. Maybe she was nice? She was shorter than the other two kids, but looked just a little older, and she seemed kind of scary. And not from around here. Where was she from?

His chest felt stiff and achey, and he was so incredibly nervous about meeting any of these people. They were older. And scarier. Seriously, these people would probably chew him up!
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:52 am

Paige had an awkward look on her face, "Well, thank you for telling me where to go. I'm Paige, by the way, and this is Dante," She said, introducing herself as well as her Beldum. She turned to the boy, "Uh, sorry about my Pokemon getting stuck to your Klink, Dante hasn't gotten a lot of training, so he doesn't have enough control over magnetism to keep things from sticking to his body, yet. I'm going to work on it, though, so that if a bad situation ever creeps up, he won't get hurt, and we won't wind up in any more weird accidents." She frowned, "I'm not actually what you'd call a trainer, though; I don't really want Dante getting into any battles, and the same would kind of go for any other Pokemon I catch, too. I'm more of a researcher. I'm going to study Pokemon to see if I can learn anything about them that would improve the field of engineering; Pokemon are just incredible, every time we invent something new, we find a Pokemon that has natural abilities that are even greater than what we designed."

She then looked between Laura and the boy, and smiled uncomfortably, "Uh, sorry, I tend to ramble a bit. More on-topic, I'm heading off to get my Pokedex, and then I'm going to just find a map, and head for the first good location I can find. I might see you around, if you're going on a journey through the region, but I might not, Norue seems like a big place." She then set off walking down the road, and turned and waved back at them, "Nice meeting you guys!" She called, before she turned back and broke into a run, Dante following close behind, producing a sort of mechanical humming sound.

In no time at all, saw the lab building appear in the distance, and slowed down to a walk, Dante floating beside her. "Thank goodness we found the place, it's lucky we ran into people." She said, looking sidelong at her Pokemon.

Dante just looked at her and produced another mechanical chime, seemingly agreeing.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 3:50 am

Laura decided that it was time she returned home. First of all, she wanted to show her mom her Pokédex and Trainer Card. Second of all, she forgot her cell phone at home. Not that she wanted to Instagram her new Poké-swag right away; Laura sometimes forgets that she even has a cell phone.

She swiveled around the dirt path and backtracked. Thankfully, the dirt path led straight back to the lab, which wasn’t too far away from home. Laura dashed back up her house’s porch and buzzed the doorbell. “Hi, Mom,” Laura said, her hands folded behind her back, a tight-lipped grin stretching across her face.

“Honey, did you get your card and Pokédex?” her mother asked.

“Yep, and look who else I got!” Laura exposed the blue sash on her right arm, and Terry circled over her shoulder, winking at Laura’s mom.

“Oh, my!” her mother said, slightly taken aback by the sentient blade.

“Aw, come on, Mom, we had Pokémon that look like ice cream cones back in Unova,” Laura said.

“Well, I’m still proud of you. You’ve barely started on your own, and you already have two Pokémon,” her mother said. “You forgot your cell phone.”

“I know,” Laura said, as her mother produced the cell phone. Laura stuffed it in her pocket. “Hey, Mom, do you have a bag or something?”

Her mother gave her a black drawstring knapsack with two straps. Laura slung it on her shoulder, careful to give Terry enough room to hang.

“Oh, Laura, please be careful out there; you never know who you’re going to meet,” her mother cautioned.

Laura grinned at her mother. “Aw, Mom, don’t worry!” She tossed a can of pepper spray into her bag. “I’ve got a can of pepper spray, a little green dynamo, and a kickin’ sword.”

Terry hummed in agreement, and Lillian put up her nubby green dukes as if to punch an unseen enemy.

“Alright,” her mother said, smiling apologetically at Laura. The girl turned to the door and looked back at her mom.

“I love you,” she called, before turning away and running out the door.

“Laura…” her mother called. “Can you close the door behind you?”

“Whoops!” Laura ran back to the door and shut it.

———————————————————————————

It didn’t take very long for Knox to come up against another Pokémon trainer; specifically, he had locked eyes with a youngster with a Zigzagoon.

“Yeah, yeah, I know, we lock eyes, we battle,” Knox said, popping the lid on Ford’s Poké Ball and releasing his twin gears. The wheels rotated, making an aggressive motorized whir. Knox’s opponent’s Zigzagoon growled under its throat, before launching itself into attack at her Trainer’s command.

Zigzagoon used Tackle!

The shaggy raccoon Pokémon charged into the set of gears, knocking them to the ground. Ford whirled around as Knox shouted for it to attack.

Ford used Vicegrip!

The gears clamped down on Zigzagoon, meshing once before releasing the Pokémon from its vise. Zigzagoon tackled Ford once again, knocking the gears once more to the ground, before turning around and kicking sand in Ford’s faces.

Ford’s Clear Body!

The sand brushed right off of Ford’s faces, not fazing the twin gears one bit.

Ford used Vicegrip!

One more squeeze from the gears caused Zigzagoon to faint. The youngster recalled his Pokémon and dug into his pockets, producing about 340 Pokédollars. “Hey, you’re pretty good! Want to exchange phone numbers? I PROMISE I won’t pester you about my Zigzagoon like my cousin does with his freaking rat. Believe me, man, I know how that feels!”

Knox handed the younger boy his cell phone, and he put his number into the boy’s. They returned each other’s phones and went about their business. “I ought to get you all fixed up, Ford,” Knox said to Ford. The wheels quickly spun once in agreement, before returning to their normal metronomic rotation.

Knox returned Ford to its Poké Ball and entered the roadside market, buying three Potions and using one to seal Ford’s wounds. “There you go, pal,” Knox said, releasing his grip on the gears and allowing them to float next to him once more.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:03 am

The Tyrunt was on the prowl, followed closely by a Pawniard, who seemed to be hesitant to follow the little tyrant, but did so anyways. After being chased around by the creature with flaming jaws, he had not urge to be close to the Tyrunt at the time, but chose to for it's own safety. The beast seemed to be more than capable of handling itself, despite it's young age. The sharp blade pokemon wondered to itself whether this was a result of the creature's natural personality or his trainer rubbing off on him already. Most likely a combination of both.

The Tyrunt watched as the other trainer interacted with the Honedge. He smirked. His trainer might like that pokemon, and if he did he would get more treats, and more attention from his trainer. Yes, rewards were good. Tyrunts and their evolved forms were renowned for having the best sense of smell of any pokemon, far better than any Houndoom, Stoutland, or Arcanine's. It as a result was able to catch the scent of steel and death, which belonged to the Honedge in the other trainer's hand. The Tyrunt began tracking immediately. It's head was low to the ground and it's nostrils flared, as it took in every scent in the area, searching for it's self given quarry.

The Pawniard had watched the Tyrunt. It was bewildered. It was far more intelligent than she originally thought. Going as far as to achieve complex thought and decision making. She followed the dinosaur carefully as to not get in it's way. It was far more powerful than she, even with her bladed everything. The dinosaur led them into the forest, it had found a lead and was following it closely. The creature continued onwards, while the Pawniard tracked where they went so they could find a way out with ease. She didnt want to scare her trainer, and she knew full well that the dinosaur's immaturity and rage would be turned on her if it caused his trainer distress. So she covered her bases.

Soon, they came upon the tree, and the trail ended. The Tyrunt growled in a feral manner, ready to catch the creature by surprise. If he could. The dinosaur ran into a few bushes and crouched low, and waited. However, the Pawniard decided to look around a little bit for their quarry. She turned her head, scanning the area. She checked the ground in case it was hidden like the last one had been, and then finally up. Her eyes widened. The sword was imbedded into the tree right above them!

She looked over to the Tyrunt and signaled with her bladed hands that it was above her. The Tyrunt followed her signal and saw what she meant. The handle was all that was visible, but it was enough. The little dinosaur leapt from it's hiding place and bit down onto the handle with a fire fang. The sword awoke with a start, and screamed with the sound of metal tearing. It pulled out of the tree, and flung the Tyrunt off of it. The Tyrunt landed on it's feet relatively unharmed, only to be struck from behind with amazing speed by the blade. It turned and was struck again. It was hurt and mad, and soon fire erupted from it's jaws and it began to bite in every direction, but it missed every time, except for the last. It firmly gripped the sword and began shaking back and forth with enough force to tear any other being that wasnt already dead and made of metal apart. However, the sword still had some fight left in it, and coiled it's sash around the Tyrunt's body and began attempting to sap it's strength. The Tyrunt struggled like an alligator caught by a python, and bit harder. Soon however, it's strength began to fade, and it's jaw began to slack. The Honedge had thought it had won, and moved to claim it's prey.

But it was stopped.

A sucker punch knocked the creature off the Tyrunt, who rested for a moment to regain it's strength. It watched as the Dark/Steel type battled the Honedge, and in the sword's weakened state, win. As the Tyrunt regained enough strength to stand, the Pawniard walked over, and deposited the sword pokemon's unconscious form at it's feet. This was a sign of peace, and hopefully the grounds for mutual respect. Between the two. The Tyrunt looked down at the Honedge and then at the Pawniard, who looked at the Tyrunt blankly in appearance (although her mind was racing), and suddenly opened it's jaws wide. The Pawniard's heart jumped out of her chest in fear. Even after that, it was going to attempt to kill her?!

She shut her eyes and waited for the impending fire fang, but instead felt a slobbery object rub against her side. She opened her eyes and saw the Tyrunt had licked her. Was it tasting her? She did not know. But it wagged it's tail and almost purred in thanks, before it reached down and grabbed the Honedge by the hilt, the Tyrunt's head tilted to the side as the ghost's weight unbalanced his sleek form. It looked back at the Pawniard, it's head cocked at an odd, but humorous angle with the blade in it's mouth, like a dog who had found it's stick that the owner had thrown. But instead a dinosaur with a sword in it's mouth. The Pawniard let out an uncharacteristic giggle, and led the dinosaur onwards.

----------------

"Hey, Damian, where did our pokemon go?" Donna asked, suddenly noticing their pokemon had disappeared. She suddenly grew worried, as did Damian. Despite his outwardly cocky persona, he loved his little dinosaur more than any new trainer should love their new pokemon. As the male was about to call out, Donna's Pawniard came barreling to her, running between her legs and jumping excitedly. Donna grew worried, was that monster of a little pokemon chasing Wither (1) again? "Caesar!" Damian called, he waited a few seconds and prepared to call again when his Tyrun came running out of the forest holding... a sword in it's mouth? The Tyrunt ran up to his trainer and dropped the scorched weapon. Damian saw a resemblance between something he had seen before, and held the pokedex up.

Honedge, the Sword pokemon. Apparently this Pokémon is born when a departed spirit inhabits a sword. It attaches itself to people and drinks their life force. the machine chimed.

"How the hell did you get this?" Damian said, slowly reaching for the blade. he picked it up and noticed it was badly injured and very much unconscious. His Tyrunt did this alone? "You are one hell of a battler already arent you?" Damian said, kneeling down to his little monster and hugging it. The creature cawed like a bird and nuzzled it's master back. It looked at the Pawniard through the corner of it's eye and silently thanked her. The bladed humanoid simply nodded it's head, and gave the most of a smile a Pawniard could give.

"All I need are some pokeball and I can add it to our team! To the pokemart!" Damian said suddenly, grabbing his sister by the wrist and dragging her away. Things were looking very good for the two already, not even half an hour into their journey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 am

When Paige finally got to the laboratory, and knocked on the door, the first thing she noticed about Professor Palm when he opened the door was that his right hand seemed bruised, the marks very closely resembling fingers; It looked like the poor man's hand had been repeatedly abused. "Ah, hello, sir," Paige smiled, trying not to let too much concern show on her face, "I'm Paige, and this is my Beldum, Dante, I came to see if I could pick up a Pokedex for this region." She said, for the second time today introducing herself and her companion.

Palm smiled, "Professor Palm, nice to meet you," He replied, for some bizarre reason, still extending his injured hand, even though someone would have forgiven him if he used his left. When Paige shook his hand, it wasn't that hard for anyone to tell she intentionally made her grip weaker than normal, for fear of hurting the Professor. This didn't mean, however, that she didn't give him a firm handshake, or do something silly like grabbing the fingers. Paige wasn't exactly the sort of person to stray away from what was considered casual, but when it came to a greeting, formality was important. After the handshake, Professor Palm pushed his spectacles back up onto his nose, "Please wait right here for a moment, I have to go get one for you. I was only expecting two people, but with you, that's the fifth person today; such a flood of new trainers seems to have come in." Despite the fact that the words could have sounded harsh, they were actually just an amazed marvel at events.

"Please wait while I go get one for you, I think I have just the one. You like steel-types, correct?" He raised one eyebrow, and Paige nodded in response. "Alright, then," Palm said, before going back into the building, a Combee following close behind, and then, after a little bit, coming out and handing Paige a Pokedex that had a somewhat unfinished appearance; instead of having a coat of paint, it looked more like brushed metal, being sleek, metallic, and sort of grey in color. "Most trainers find a plain appearance that resembles unfinished metal to be unattractive, although this one is coated so it won't be damaged by the elements. It has the capability to record data for 719 different Pokemon, but I've been receiving calls from colleagues in Kalos that there might be a new Pokemon that we haven't registered yet."

Paige smiled, "There's a lot out there we probably don't know about, yet. It's fun to just wait and see what pops up out of nowhere."

She then turned to head back down the dirt path, "Bye, Professor Palm!" She called, before tucking her Pokedex safely into her purse.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Knox had finally reached the bridge connecting Crystalshore Town to Route 1. The problem is that it was a mechanical drawbridge, and it was currently up. A ship blew its horn as it glided between the two halves of the bridge.

Knox noticed that the bridge didn’t reset itself, even after the boat was long gone. He approached the cabin where the bridge’s control panel stood. Ford floated ahead and searched around the cabin, looking for broken machinery. The Klink turned around and shook its head(s). Knox took a gander at the situation, and noticed that the operator was out cold. He strode up to the operator and rattled his shoulder. The operator did not respond.

Knox then peeled one of the operator’s two eyelids open. He noticed that the operator’s eyes were glowing slightly, with pupils shrunken almost to nothing. That was the moment he realized something was wrong.

Ford took a second look at the machinery, tackling a loose section of panel and revealing that half of the bridge’s mechanical workings were frozen in place. Every gear and axle in the section Ford had uncovered was encased in a layer of gleaming ice.

Knox turned around just in time to block a Powder Snow attack from an angry Snorunt. From behind that Snorunt came an emotionless Bronzor, whose eyes were rhythmically flashing blue. Knox was no idiot; he knew the extent of Bronzor’s psychic powers, and this move, Hypnosis, was among them. He averted his eyes and called his Klink back into the Poké Ball. He was outmatched; Vicegrip might take care of the Snorunt, but it’d do squat against a Bronzor.

He kicked the cabin door open, with the Snorunt and Bronzor chasing him in an attempt to stop him in his tracks. He pulled a Poké Toy from his tool belt in hopes of distracting either of them, throwing the toy off to the side. Neither Pokémon chased the toy. They’re trainer Pokémon, Knox thought, but whose?

————————————————————

Terry’s sheath made a light, metronomic crumpling sound against Laura’s knapsack as Laura walked back towards the lab. “Geez, they’ve really got to reorganize this town,” she muttered, looking through a row of trees at the dirt path where she and Knox had that little fiasco with Paige’s Beldum.

When she arrived, she found that there were other people standing in front of the lab, most notably a tough-looking redhead girl and a pale, shivering boy with a Solosis by his side and a Slakoth hanging from his back.

“Hey,” Laura said, holding up her hand in greeting. Terry curled around her shoulder and Lillian turned her head to look at the other Pokémon on the pale boy’s side. “Did you guys just get your Pokédexes and stuff?” Laura asked, approaching the pair of fellow Trainers.

Lillian hopped off Laura’s shoulder and bounced over to the pale boy’s Solosis. Her leaves rustled at the sight of the cell Pokémon. She watched intently as the nucleic body of the Psychic-type Pokémon floated around in the clear green cytoplasm. Lillian cocked her head; she had never really been in close proximity with a Solosis before.

Meanwhile, Terry just stared at the pair of humans, peeking over Laura’s shoulder with his blue, unwavering gaze.

——————————————————————————

”Did you freeze the bridge?"

“Of course, my liege,” said the grunt, kneeling on one knee and bowing his head. The grunt wore a domed metal helmet, a leather breastplate, and pleated shoulder pads. He sported dark blue pantaloons, flanked by rumpled cloth. His eyes were piercing blue, and his hair was sandy blond. “The bridge is out of commission for now.”

”Good. She should be taking care of the train station by now. None shall stand in our way.”

“Of course, my liege.”

”You are dismissed.”

The grunt stood up and turned around, leaving.

If one were to look out at Crystalshore’s beach, look beyond the expanse of white sand and across the ocean, one might notice a large armored transport with a Druddigon’s head carved into the front. One, if listening over the roar of the ocean, might hear the rattle of diesel mixed with the rhythmic crunching of tank treads on ice. One, if carefully observing the climate, might notice a slight drop in temperature as a row of Piloswines froze the ocean in front of them with their Ice Beam attacks in order to make a pathway for the transport, or perhaps notice a clump of dark gray clouds forming in the distance as a group of Vanillites raised their frozen arms to the sky to summon a snowstorm, conducted by a leading Vanilluxe in the front.

However, nobody was paying attention at the time. Sure, they might notice a slight chill, or hear something other than Wingulls singing their song of the sea, but they would think little of it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:54 pm

Paige had broken into a run back down the path, but right as she neared the very end of it, she suddenly stopped and shivered, hit by a sudden gust of cold air, for some reason. Uncomfortable, she untied her waterproof ski jacket from around her waist, and zipped up the fleece one she had been wearing all the way back up to the collar. She then put the ski jacket on, and only zipped it enough to keep it from falling off; she didn't know why it got so cold all of a sudden, but it was definitely not as warm as it had been moments ago. She then continued running down the path, Dante humming an odd tone as he floated after her, the little camera-like eye rotating in its socket to look at a gathering of dark clouds in the distance. It seemed like a storm was gathering, and as they were close to the coast, it could blow in very quickly, the lull in the wind deceptive.

Paige ran until she got to town, and, seeing as she needed supplies, began looking around until she located a store. Pausing to return Dante to his Pokeball, she went in.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:42 am

They both turned to look at the girl that had called either of them out; both Reyna and Sean, that is to say. Sean merely looked up in alarm that somebody had actually noticed him, and even going so far as to talk to him, even if there was another target to whom the call was directed. However, he didn't have much courage or strength of spirit to return the greeting, but it was too late to say anything when the girl leaving the laboratory called out to the girl with the Petilil and Honedge - the former Pokemon curiously approaching Sean's Solosis, Meepers, who had simply looked down on the plant Pokemon and floated circles around it.

Reyna looked down from the stairs at the girl who had called out some question to her and some other kid? What other kid? She turned her head over in curiosity. There was no other kid besides - oh, that kid? On the bench next to the lab wall? Oh. Whatever. Regardless, she still felt an immense amount of pride upon getting her 'dex and card. "Ha! You bet!" She replied to her in a very full-of-herself attitude. She grabbed on to the railing on the side and jumped over the side, her legs swinging over rails smoothly and landing firmly on the ground. It was easily a six foot jump down, nothing extraordinary to her, but still did nothing to impede her march towards the girl who had asked her the question. She flipped open her generic red Pokedex and flashed it at Laura, before depositing it back into the pocket of her baggy camouflage pants. "I got my Dexter and now it'll be just a matter of time until I'm outta this joint and off exploring the region. You a local?"

Well, I am. Sean thought. But gee, that girl sure is scary. Truly, there wasn't many people, or even girls, that he saw that resembled Reyna. She was boisterous, she dressed tough, her hair was styled than anything that could be considered formally. She was an interested character, and interesting to look at. She was so different. And she said she was exploring the region? So his first guess was right about how she was a foreigner. She seemed like a city person, so it could be anybody's guess as to why she was interested in exploring Norue's wilderness. Gosh... Norue was a frightening place sometimes. He never forgot about the Beartic. He looked back at his own Pokemon, and the first girl's Petilil had come by to check out Meepers who started floating circles around it. He sure hoped these little cuties wouldn't turn out to be anything as frightening as a Beartic. And Congress! He was lazy and has a cute little face and nose. Surely he wouldn't turn into anything scary once he gets stronger. But he's definitely going to miss him the way he is now...
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 3:53 am

Dang, this chick was a fast talker, with an attitude to boot. Not that that was a bad thing; Laura actually found it refreshing. Laura didn’t flinch when Reyna hurdled the railing, though she did cock her head when Reyna managed not to break both of her legs. When Reyna asked her a question, Laura straightened up, focusing her attention back on the athletic girl. “Well,” Laura started, “you can’t exactly call me a local, per se, ‘cause my mom and I moved here from the Unova region just a few months ago. There was a fiasco with these guys from Team Plasma; I still can’t believe we actually listened to those dorks.”

Laura realized that that was a pretty personal detail to let off, but she shrugged it off and smiled at Reyna. “So you got a Pokédex too, huh? Nice,” she added, holding up her own, gray Pokédex. “My name’s Laura. This is Terry,” she said, lifting her right shoulder and prompting the Honedge to curl himself fully from behind Laura’s back, “and this is… er, where’s Lillian?”

The Petilil, in fact, was intently watching Meepers the Solosis circumnavigate her. As the Solosis floated through the air, the tiny yellow coil of DNA on its forehead quavered gently in the cytoplasm. Lillian grew a little dizzy watching it, but snapped back into focus when Laura called her name. The Petilil bounced over to Laura and jumped on her waistband before plopping firmly on her left shoulder to give the Honedge some room.

“So,” Laura asked Reyna, “what’s your name?”

——————————————————

Knox did not currently have the luxury of human contact.

“Stupid Snorunt,” he grumbled, diving behind a bush and hoping that neither Snorunt nor Bronzor would notice. Snorunt ran by the bush, but Bronzor stopped and torched the bush with a Flash Cannon attack. “Aw, come on, no fair,” Knox cried, patting out the laser fire before grabbing a stick and prodding it in the Bronzor’s face. The Pokémon merely spun the stick out of Knox’s hands and used Confusion. Knox yelled out and gripped his temples. He reached for his Poké Ball and sent out Ford.

Ford used Vicegrip!

The gears clamped onto Bronzor and revved, attempting to batter the Pokémon with its gear teeth. This was enough to make Bronzor release its psychic hold on Knox. Knox grabbed the stick again and whacked Bronzor in the face with it. Ford let go of the Bronze Pokémon, and it clattered to the ground. Bronzor’s metal nose throbbed. It glared angrily at Knox and attempted to tackle him in the gut, but Ford dashed in the way and stopped Bronzor in its tracks with another Vicegrip attack. Bronzor’s yellow eyes widened as Ford began to rev up with static buildup.

Ford used Charge!

Ford began charging electricity!

Ford’s Special Defense rose!

Ford let go of the Bronzor, who was slightly fazed by the mild electric charge that the Klink was emitting, but shook its head and tried a Confusion attack on Ford. The Klink merely continued to rotate mockingly, making a clicking noise that sounded like jeering laughter.

Ford used Vicegrip!

Now, Bronzor was battered and bruised from all the punishment it had taken both from Knox and his Pokémon. With this last clamp on the face, Bronzor clattered to the floor once more, knocked out.

“Geez, I hope I never have to do anything like THAT again,” Knox said, before picking up Bronzor’s limp body and inserting it into the nearest tree.

Ford turned to Knox, spinning, clacking, staring blankly at its trainer. But then it rushed past Knox and tackled the Snorunt to the ground, trapping Bronzor’s partner-in-crime in between the gear teeth. Knox grabbed Snorunt from the back and screwed the conic Ice-type into the ground. “Stick around,” he said to the dazed Snorunt.

He turned back towards the drawbridge. Another boat floated between the bridge’s two halves.

Now, if this were a perfect, cliché world, then Knox would have absolutely no trouble replacing two of the drawbridge’s gears with Ford’s and shutting the bridge. Knox knew he couldn’t do that; for one thing, Ford could not wedge itself into any of the slots for the gears. For another, even if Knox could somehow replace two gears with his Klink, that wouldn’t solve the problem of the frozen machinery.

He could try to break the ice.

Ford clanged against the frozen machinery in the cabin. Aside from a metallic CLANG and a small, triangular chip of frozen water, the effort didn’t produce much. Ford’s eyes shut in discomfort. Knox grabbed his Klink to slow the vibrations. “So, that didn’t work,” he said. “Maybe somebody has an ice pick… Naw, what kind of person’s got an ice pick in this kind of town?! Come on, Knox, think. People like you gotta get to the first route.”

Knox gave up; he had nothing handy to smash the ice with. He decided he should probably ask around. Closer inspection of the machinery indicated that the emergency brake had been pulled and that the system was fully mechanical, the only electrical circuits in the buttons used to operate the machinery; thankfully, those were not frozen, so Knox had all the time in the world to figure this out.

Knox ditched the cabin and backtracked, hoping to find someone with something heavy enough to bash the ice to pieces, but delicate enough not to take the machinery along with it.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:51 am

Holy crap. This Laura girl. She was long winded! Sure, she tried to listen to her life story with feigned interest, but the most she could convey within realistic expectations is a glazed look over her eyes, or as if she weren't looking at Laura as a person she is having a conversation with, as opposed to a curious object. Laura received an objective glance from Reyna. Really, she just wanted to know if this girl was a local girl so that she could get some pointers on where to go. Finally Reyna said to her, "it was a yes or no question, sweetheart. But, uh, neat story there. The name's Reyna!"

Sean couldn't help but flinch at Reyna comment. The girl really was scary! Boy, it would sure be quite the journey tagging along with her. That sort of take no prisoners attitude had the tendency to rub him the wrong way. It wasn't the "I'll give them a piece of my mind" kind of way either, more like "oh goodness, here comes trouble". Still, he couldn't help but wonder about them, so he stay put. He heard some stuff about Unova, and a little about plasma folk on the news some time ago, but he was much too young to think much of it.

Reyna's interest was once more piqued, though. Laura had introduced her Pokemon! A Petilil and a Honedge, eh? She hadn't seen those in Pokemon before, being stuck on Hoenn all her life! But she knew enough about them... enough to know that Xylem would sweep the floor with the both of them! Reyna got excited at the thought of it. Two in a row, no cheating! Petilil would shrivel in a moment's notice, and Xylem had the type advantage over the ghost sword! "So..." she started devilishly, "how 'bout a good old fashioned battle between you and me before I leave this town behind me? I'll even let you make the ruu-uules...!"

Oh gosh, Sean wondered, what does she have planned? He had to be honest; if this battle started, he wouldn't know who to root for. It would be nice to see Reyna lose and see her as all talk, but if she won, she wss serious business. And that'd make her a good protector. But his main concern was for the pokemon involved.

"Well?"
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Once Paige had gotten a map, several Pokeballs, and a few other things that she thought that she might need on the road, and stuffed them into her purse, she decided that there was no reason to stick around in town; she wanted to explore Norue as soon as possible, and she wouldn't feel the need to rush around in the wilderness like she did in a small town. Since she wasn't in the store anymore, she let Dante back out of his Pokeball, preferring the Beldum's companionship, and started looking around on the map for a way that was leaving town, eventually noticing Route 1, which also had a drawbridge marked on it. Dante would probably have fun with that, since he levitated by repelling the magnetism of whatever was underneath him; he might actually gain the power to fly over that metal bridge, although Paige was just simply amusing herself with the thought. She actually preferred having Dante where she could see him; she didn't want to lose her Pokemon, after all. Worst-case scenario, Dante had an accident similar to what had occurred with the one guy's Klink, and got stuck to the bridge, although chances were Beldum wouldn't have survived long in the wild if they got stuck to objects every time they were exposed to metal; it probably wouldn't take long before Dante no longer attracted anything other than what he wanted to attract.

Paige slowly searched the outskirts of town, until she found the sign marking the beginning of Route 1. She proceeded to walk down the path, and then froze when a gentle breeze brushed past, bringing with it a cold chill. Paige frowned, finding it unusual, and zipped up her ski jacket all the way, pulling the hood over her head. For safety reasons, because she thought she felt a bit of dampness in the air, she also took the gloves she had in her pockets and put them on, thinking that maybe a rainstorm was coming in. If that was the case, it would probably be ice cold, and Paige couldn't seem to make her hands move properly if they were frozen too much.

She continued down the path, when she looked up, seeing what appeared to be the raised bridge in the distance, apparently letting a boat through. She concentrated on where she was going again, suddenly getting a terrible feeling in her stomach, all of a sudden, when she noticed the guy from earlier coming in the opposite direction. She stopped walking, and zipped her outer jacket back down so her face was visible beneath the hood, a look of concern on her face. She put her hands in her pockets, "Hey, did you just get back from the bridge?" She asked, seeming a bit worried. "I've got this bad feeling, is something going on over there?" She asked.

Dante's eye swiveled to look at the bridge in the distance, and he made another mechanical sound, which oddly-enough, resembled a growl, in some form or fashion. The Beldum did not like what he saw, because he was positive, just like his trainer, that there was something wrong. Paige didn't do well in the cold, and just like his trainer wanted to protect him, Dante wanted to protect her. Dante didn't relish the idea of Paige going over there and being in danger, when the temperature seemed to be dropping. He did not, however, think the guy and his Klink were responsible for this, and his eye swiveled to look at the Klink, as he made another, concerned, yet questioning mechanical tone.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:48 am

Shaun and Grant

Spoiler:

"Speed up, slowpoke!" a voice cried out in the woods outside of Crystalshore town. A tall, tanned boy with a patchy beard and a fedora leapt from a small boulder and slid down a moss-covered tree branch to the bank of a tiny stream where a Poliwag lounged in the shade. The said Poliwag jumped in surprise at the boy, and sprayed a blast of water into his face. Grant laughed and crouched down on one knee in front of the Poliwag, who continued to try and use Water Gun on him unsuccessfully. It must’ve been a very young Pokemon. Grant took a pecha berry from his bag and rolled it to the Poliwag while he waited for his comrade to catch up.

Shaun Masters was not having nearly as much of a good time as Grant. Apparently the clearly-marked route wasn’t adventurous enough for Grant, and so he had to go another way. Unlike Grant, Shaun had little athletic prowess, and his lack of running shoes greatly slowed him down. Floating at Shaun’s side was a Duskull, his companion since Shaun was a boy (well, younger boy) back at Mt.Pyre. The Duskull, unlike his trainer, enjoyed exploring the outdoor world, and so rarely confined itself to the confines of its Pokeball. About a minute and a half after Grant started playing with the Poliwag (much to its discomfort), Shaun stumbled out of the woods and landed on the stream’s stony banks face-first. The Duskull laughed and grabbed Shaun by the hand, helping to pull him up. Grant sat the Poliwag back down on the shore and moseyed over to Shaun, casting a shadow over him as he struggled to his feet.

“Jeez, kid!” Grant mused “We need to get you some running shoes or something if we’re going to keep travelling together! You are slower than a Shuckle.”

“Well excuse me for not being able to swing through the jungle like a Primape!” Shaun snapped back angrily “I’m not used to this amount of physical activity!” Grant turned towards the river and lept over it with minimal effort. He turned back to Shaun, who just before jumping slipped on a rock and fell forward into the water. He landed on top of a rather angry Lombre, who grabbed Shaun by the lapels of his jacket and tossed him to shore on Grant’s side. Skully handed Shaun his glasses, and he placed them back on to see Grant leaning back against a tree, snacking on a freshly-picked Persim berry.

“I love these things!” Grant shouted with his mouth full “They have this awesome spicy kick to them. They’re great in salsa. You want one, kid?” Shaun growled at Grant animalistically, and Grant, grimacing, placed the berry in his satchel, muttering something to the effect of “not hungry, then” under his breath.

Soon, Grant and Shaun, the latter several steps behind the former, arrived in Crystalshore town, the home of Professor Palm. Grant, as usual, waited for Shaun to catch up, and then decided to open his Pokeball. Out popped Ozymandias, a well-polished Baltoy carrying a pink plate in a mesh backpack strapped tightly around it. It looked around with interest, taking in the scene of the town, and then hobbled a few steps forward on its foot. Before Grant could say anything to his partner, the Baltoy caught sight of something gleaming up ahead and ran off, spinning its body independently from its head to keep it moving quickly.

“Ozzy!” Grant yelled, running off after it. Shaun laughed and slowly walked behind Grant. He looked down at his wrist, where his Poketch was strapped, and checked the time. He stared at the watch for a few moments, taking a moment to play with the sketch app, and then headed off in a general direction, hoping to find Professor Palm’s laboratory. It didn’t take long for him to find the lab. A steady stream of people seemed to be moving from the lab and off into the town. He did not recognize any of them, but he saw a few familiar Pokemon, namely a Hondege that was clinging to one girl’s arm. Skully stayed closed to Shaun, floating by him like a second head. After a crowd of new trainers cleared (Shaun hated crowds), Shaun approached the laboratory and walked in. Professor Palm was waiting by a table with Pokedexes sitting on it. Shaun cleared his throat to get Palm’s attention. Palm looked up and smiled.

“Hello there.” he said “You must be one of the young gentlemen coming to receive his Pokedex today.”

“Y-yes sir.” Shaun said meekly “I’m Shaun Masters.”

“Excellent. Welcome to the world of Pokemon, Shaun.” A few minutes later, Shaun left the laboratory, ready to begin his adventure. Now if only he could find that moron Grant. The two of them were travelling together because Shaun’s mother didn’t trust him alone on an adventure. The two left Ironwood Town together a few days before. The sole redeeming quality of Grant was his cooking skills; if you gave him a pot and a few berries, he could make a masterpiece. Shaun felt rather incomplete, however, as he saw the other trainers with their bags and backpacks. He needed something to carry his travelling supplies in. Heck, he needed travelling supplies. The last few nights, the duo had slept out under the stars, filled with gratification that it didn’t rain. Shaun opened his wallet and took a peek inside. His mother gave him 3500 pokedollars before leaving. He figured that might be enough to get himself some supplies. Shaun looked around to see where the mart was, but found nothing. A group of trainers were nearby; a girl with a Hondege on her arm (Shaun recognized it from a Pokemon TV show he watched), a young boy with a Solosis, and a tough-looking older girl wearing camo pants and looking generally tough. Shaun approached cautiously, his cheeks beginning to flush as he got near. Shaun was bad with new people, especially with groups. Skully placed a reassuring paw on Shaun’s shoulder and nodded to him, as if saying “it’ll all be okay.’ Shaun took a deep breath and approached the group.

“Um...hello.” he said awkwardly “I’m...um Shaun. I’m a new trainer here and I’m kind of...of lost. D-does anyone here know where the nearest Pokemart is?” Damned speech impediment Shaun thought to himself. The stuttering had been there all his life, ever since he was a child. When he was young, it was so bad that he could hardly speak, though with age and some speech therapy, he reduced it greatly. Still though, he occasionally slipped on his words, and his nerves when approaching this group did not help.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:30 am

Wow.

Already challenged to a battle.

Laura shrugged, saying, “Oh, what the heck, why not?”

Laura eyed Reyna worriedly, however. The girl seemed way confident, and Laura had a feeling that Reyna wouldn’t bluff. Watch her have some monster like Druddigon or something, she thought.

She strode out to the middle of the dirt path. “Alright, stand across from me. We’ll do this ‘till either side has no more Pokémon…”

Laura turned towards the boy who addressed the group. “Oh, hey! Shaun, huh? Nice name. I’m Laura,” Laura said, approaching Shaun and giving the younger boy a firm handshake. Terry unwrapped himself to get a closer look at Skully; the Honedge was interested in the sight of a fellow Ghost-type Pokémon. “I think the nearest Pokémart,” continued Laura, “should be along that path. I really prefer the way it’s done in Unova, where the Pokémart is actually in the Pokémon Center, but we really don’t have a Pokémon Center in this town.”

She turned back towards Reyna. “Okay, sorry about that. Where were we?"

———————————————

Knox turned to face Paige. He loosened his collar and folded his arms. “Yeah, just got back from the bridge,” he said quietly. “Works’re frozen. Literally. Half the machinery in that cabin,” he continued, jabbing a thumb at the operation cabin for emphasis, “is iced over. Plus, the operator’s out cold.”

He figured the girl ought to know his name. “Paige, right?” he asked. “My name’s Knox Thomas. This is Ford.” Knox gestured to his Klink. "I might’ve seemed a bit inward when you talked to that other girl, Laura… I’ll admit, I get a bit nervous ‘round girls.”

Knox looked back over to the cabin. “Well, I gotta find something to break up the ice in that cabin. I can tell: there’s going to be trouble if that bridge doesn’t go down. I might know who did it, too: the perpetrator had a Bronzor to K-O the operator, and a Snorunt to ice the gears.”

Ford once again floated towards Dante (but not close enough to have a repeat of the magnetism fiasco) and motioned towards the cabin, clicking sequentially as if speaking Morse code. The Klink whirred before floating back off towards the cabin, motioning for the Beldum to follow it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:25 am

Dante, having figured out the message that Ford was trying to convey, followed the Klink without hesitation, making sure to focus very carefully so that his magnetism didn't cause them to get stuck together again. Dante was largely concerned with helping his trainer, above all, but that didn't mean he didn't want to help others, also, as he was a very kind Pokemon, despite his somewhat cold, robotic-looking appearance. If Dante had the capability to fix a problem like this, he had no objections to doing so. He stopped moving for a moment, and his eye swiveled back to look at Paige, and he produced a louder, mechanical series of humming notes to get her attention. When Paige looked in the Beldum's direction, Dante proceeded to continue following Ford over to the cabin.

Paige nodded at Dante, and then looked over at Knox, "You don't have to look very far, Knox, you've actually already found a solution. You see, even though he floats, my Dante is in reality an extremely heavy Pokemon, so when he wants to, he can strike with a considerable amount of force, and with the control needed to make a blow precise. Ford's figured that out, and it looks like they're going to try and fix the problem, but we should probably take a look at the machinery and help them decide where we need to strike at the ice. Normally I would say we should get a fire-type Pokemon and just melt the ice, but things are never that simple. Electronics can handle pretty cold temperatures, but if we used fire, we might just wind up frying out the circuitry in the room, and damaging other things, besides, because we caused the temperature to change too rapidly."

She slowly started after the Klink and her Beldum, waving for Knox to follow, "Come on, we need to make sure that if someone's responsible for freezing the gears, we're there to look after our Pokemon's well-being. I don't want them getting caught all by themselves if the culprit is still running loose in the area."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:30 am

Caroline had never been so excited in her entire, short, life. She was off on the biggest and best adventure the world can offer her, a Pokemon journey. Ever since she had been little Caroline wanted to travel with her Pokemon, but her parents had been reluctant to send their young daughter into the world to travel. However, she had also been training for as long as she could remember. Her whole life Caroline had been surrounded by Pokemon. He parents worked as assistants to the professor, a job Caroline herself hoped to have eventually. And it had been one of the professors that urged her parents to let Caroline go.

And go she shall. Her worried parents had packed her to the breaking point. In her backpack were all of the things her parents deemed important for a journey, things like food and water as well as a sleeping bag and changes of clothes. And money. Caroline now had more money then her young self had ever seen. While, in reality, it wasn't that much it was will pretty exciting for Caroline. She decided the first thing she would buy is a big bag of candy for her and her Togepi. Friendship was an important thing between the young trainer and Pokemon.

Caroline stood in the lab, as she had for many years, watching as the new trainers came alone to receive their trainer ids and pokedexs. Caroline, as a training assistant professor, had already had a pokedex and trainer id for quite some time. It was mostly due to the young girl begging the professor for one so she would feel like a real professor. She stood timidly behind one of the desks, watching each trainer carefully. They each had such different personalities, she silently wished them luck on their journeys. During a particularly wide break between trainers coming and going Caroline stepped out from behind her desk, hefting her backpack, and walked up to Professor Palm.

After a brief exchange between the two, Caroline began to walk towards the door, excited and nervous beyond belief to be starting her new journey. She touched her hand against the doorknob, only to suddenly run back to the professor, give him a tight hug and a thank you for teaching me, before hurrying out the door.

She closed the door softly behind her, pausing a moment to face it. She had just left the safety of her learning and was about to go on a journey. Maybe when she got back she would be ready to be a professor. She nervously patted the pokeball on her belt, containing the starter and friend she had since it hatched. Caroline slowly, and timidly, turned herself around. There were several trainers hanging around outside the lab, most likely trying to figure out what to do next. Caroline was in a similar boat, and was about to move to pull up a map, when a pokemon caught her eye.

Caroline gasped softly, her hand covering her mouth in surprise. There, right in front of her, was a fossil pokemon, fully alive and moving around. Caroline, in her training, had been able to see and learn about all sorts of fossil pokemon but had never gotten the chance to be so close to one. "Wow" Caroline spoke, her voice soft, "A Tyrunt." Caroline had always been fascinated by fossil pokemon. She moved forward, with a hand extended, and seemed to have the intent of petting it. Not only was this a super cool fossil pokemon, but it also seemed to have another pokemon in its mouth, a Honedge.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:30 am

A-haha! Perfect! This seems like a good a challenge as any! And what should Reyna have to be worried about? Xylem was pretty quick for a blind dragon, and sharp scent and hearing. If her Pokemon moved as fast as shown here, there'd be no trouble at all working around those two! Two one-hit knock outs coming up! She stuck her hand into her bag and tossed vertically up into the air a Pokeball she had withdrawn. Cracking open, a flash of red light deposited a shape onto the ground where her Deino had materialized. Reyna caught the Pokeball as it came down, fully confident in Xylem's abilities. Power right through them just as they always had!

A shame though, how Laura had to go and get herself distracted by these other kids. Sean noticed them too. He wasn't quite sure what questions they were asking, but he was interested in Reyna's Pokemon. He had never seen that one before... it looked really rare! But he was also surprised that a battle was starting so soon. Eh. Suppose that is what happens when a bunch of trainers concentrate in one place. Sean flashed his Pokedex at Reyna's Pokemon. "Deino, the Irate Pokemon. Lacking sight, it's unaware of its surroundings, so it bumps into things and eats anything that moves."

Well crap.

Reyna heard the electronic voice from behind her, smiling smugly with pride in Xylem. Yep! He sure was a rare little cutey! And powerful, too. Perhaps all these try-hards would like to see that in person! Laura, finally putting her head back in the game, said something about where were they. Reyna was unable to keep herself from silently giggling to herself. This was exciting! Sure, she had an audience back in Hoenn, but this was Norue! It is time to show this new region what she was made of.

"You were just about to get your ass kicked!" Reyna laughed. She stood where she was hopping from one foot to the other as though she were in a boxing match. "Let's get it ooonn!"

Sean laughed to himself silently. The girl was kind of funny though, how she was so amped up. The 'kick her butt' part, though, that didn't do much to deter her intimidation. His dad never wanted him to say those kinds of words. Apparently they were bad. Did that make Reyna a bad person, or what?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:54 am

“Right then,” Laura said to her Pokémon, ignoring Reyna’s colorful language. “Which one of you wants to take it first?”

Lillian responded by jumping off and landing with a light thud, facing the blind blue quadruped in front of her. The Petilil knew that this was probably a REALLY bad idea; however, she wanted to give the Deino a run for its money.

Laura held up her Pokédex and logged the Deino. Deino. The Irate Pokémon. It gets its bearings by bumping into and snapping at its surroundings.

Lillian used Leech Seed!

Lillian got really close to the Deino and rammed into it, while planting Leech Seeds into the Irate Pokémon’s chest. The Petilil rebounded with a flip and skidded backwards.

———————————————

Knox nodded at Paige, running into the cabin as Ford was showing Dante the iced machinery. The Klink tried again to chip away at the ice.

Ford used Vicegrip!

It’s not very effective…

The Klink huffed a mechanical huff and rolled its eyes, as if to say, ”See?”

Knox bent over and peered into the machinery. It appeared that the electronics were safe, but the actual gears were halted by the ice. The bridge operator was still out cold, and the machinery was frozen. The most ice seemed to concentrate around the largest gear, which would have been a primary target for that Snorunt’s Powder Snow attack. “It’s frozen shut, probably by a Powder Snow attack concentrated over a long period of time. Two Pokémon, working in tandem, did this.” Knox got rather talkative when speaking in terms of machinery and systems. “It was a Snorunt and a Bronzor, both who Ford and I put out of commission for now. They were intelligent enough to not need orders from a trainer.

“It looks like the Bronzor used a Hypnosis attack to lights-out the operator (it tried the same thing on me) and used Confusion for good measure; this guy was out cold. This allowed the Snorunt to use Powder Snow on the machinery before shutting the panel, preventing detection. Some of these gears are pretty small, so if we’re going to smash this stuff, we’re going to have to be careful not to displace anything. Otherwise we’ll be convicted for vandalism and property damage."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:38 am

Paige nodded, "Well, this isn't going to be easy, Dante can dislodge that ice with a Take Down, but if we put too much force in a certain spot, we could wind up knocking a gear loose, or denting the metal itself, if some of them aren't as thick. The largest gear, though, is where I think we should start, since that seems to be where the attack was focused on. If we aim a good, solid blow in just the right spot, then the rest of the ice should crack up, and either fall off, or become loose enough where we can just pick it off with our fingers. We don't have to completely clean it off, either, we just have to make sure there's no ice on the axis of any of the gears, and that there's none lodged between the teeth, either. Once the moving parts are cleaned off, all the ice that remains would just be cosmetic, and the machinery should start moving again; we should also be careful that our fingers aren't in the way when the gears start moving again, since the circuitry is still probably switched on, and telling the bridge to close, unless a boat just happens to pass under at the right moment."

Paige then looked at the large gear, carefully inspecting the caked ice, the ridges and slopes of it, before finally reaching to touch it, holding her finger at an angle that was coming from above, and the tip coming in contact with the upper-center of it, "Okay, I think I'd strike at this spot, here, with the angle I'm marking. If the right amount of force is used, the ice should just peel off like a sheet, and Dante wouldn't bash completely into it; he'd just skid off of the surface and away from the machine, which would minimize the risk of damage." She looked at her Pokemon, "What do you think, Dante?" She asked.

Dante stared at her hand for a moment, before floating over, and carefully nudging her hand with the camera-like socket that contained his eye, adjusting the angle of her finger slightly, so it was pointing more downwards, versus sideways. Paige frowned thoughtfully, "So you think that this angle would work better? Alright, then, I'll trust your judgement on this." She said, before backing away so that the Beldum could get at the machine without fear of harming anyone. With this, Dante backed up, but only slightly, before adjusting his body at the angle that he and Paige had marked, and then ramming into the gear, intentionally striking the spot with the fin-like ridge that ran above his head, using Take Down.

There was the screech of metal against metal, then a loud array of cracking sounds, as Dante's body came in contact first with the metal of the gears, and then with the main body of the ice, loosening it, as his body finally skidded off and away, before he had to catch himself in midair before he crashed into the ground, floating back up to a safe, stable level. There was, however, now a dark grey scratch down the ridge of the Beldum's back, shallow, but clearly an injury. Paige winced, concern showing on her face, "Oh, dear, I wish I could teach you something that didn't hurt you," She said, upset by the appearance of the scratch. Dante's eye swiveled to look at her, a slight flash of pain in it, but otherwise, a look that suggested he wasn't too badly hurt. It was quite terrible, because at that moment, it was obvious that the only move Dante was aware of was one that caused injury to the Pokemon that used it.

Regardless of Dante's injury, however, his move wasn't one that was done without any effect. The ice was now fractured all over the gears, and the largest chunk frozen over the biggest gear suddenly cracked, and fell off in a perfect, clean sheet, shattering on the floor. Paige looked at it, and so did Dante, "Well, it worked, but I don't think Dante can help with the smaller gears, and I need make sure the scratch doesn't become a permanent scar, too. Ford should be able to clean out the teeth of the gears by spinning and striking the ice with the edges of his own; since it's fractured, it should pop right off. I'm going to spray Dante's injury real quick with some medicine, and I'll get right to helping you. I'd recommend letting Ford handle the teeth, and that us humans just handle the axis of each gear; if the gears start spinning, the worst that could happen to Ford is he'll get pushed out of the machinery, and maybe a small scratch, which I can treat; humans like us would lose our fingers."

With this, Paige reached into her purse and pulled out a small purple spray bottle of sorts, and carefully steadied Dante so that the Pokemon seemed to be resting on her lap, while she held the bottle over the cut, "Okay, this is going to sting, I'm not going to lie," She said, as she pressed the handle, and a clear spray coated the scratch. Dante's eye seemed to flicker slightly, and he made a creaking hum, Paige flinching as she heard it.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Okay, Reyna thought, let's see how fast this little flower bud moves! So the Petilil charged after Xylem. It was fairly fast for what it is worth - at least, it was fairly fast as far as its species. But it wasn't anything that Xylem couldn't outpace! The Bulb Pokemon proceeded towards her Deino and Rammed forward to use Leech Seed. We'll take it. Let their guard down a little before they are utterly annihilated! It'd take something like a Chansey not to fall in a single blow. Xylem held his ground and withstood the Petilil's ramming. It lacked the physical strength and size to even budge it! Still, the stinging sensation on its chest was an annoyance. He absentmindedly bit at it, but it wouldn't go.

Reyna smiled. "Alright! Use Dragon Rage as it lands!"

That was just as Deino did. As Lillian landed and skidded backwards, Xylem's mouth was already charged with a crackling blue fire and released it in a huge blue pillar of flame and static, engulfing the Petilil where it had stood. Reyna looked as smug as ever! Defenses? Ha! There were no defenses that could mitigate this attack! It was an easy one-way ticket to victory. That isn't to undermine her skill as a trainer of course, but sheer power always won through the end!

Sean, off to the sidelines, was watching the whole spectacle. The Petilil sure looked pretty good!   It planted a Leech Seed on... Deino, was it? It planted a Leech Seed on Deino with practiced movements, as though it were a routine it followed regularly. Only problem with that, Sean pondered, is what if they become too comfortable with that move? What if they get stuck in that routine? And if they forget to adapt? But Sean wasn't even secure in his own thoughts. What did he know about battling, after all? Very little, if any, but he did wonder why Reyna let her Pokemon take the attack. What was even her strategy? He watched her give out a Dragon Rage command - he had never seen that before - and the Deino started charging up a powerful blast from its mouth as the Petilil started to land. Maybe she wanted to land a hit instead of maybe missing?

Granted, when the Deino finally released its Dragon Rage, there didn't seem to be much room for missing. It was a huge vortex of blue fire and electricity and engulfed almost the whole battlefield. It was terrifying - but captivating. It was actually very beautiful! Sean quickly went into his backpack to see if he could grab his camera in time, but by the time he had procured it, the flames were already beginning to die down. Sean frowned. What a pity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next