Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tick OOC/Signup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NicoleRhodes
Newborn

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 pm

The man was walking.

No one knew who he was or where he was going. He seemed not to care. He was walking through a warzone. Berlin. 1945. But this man was different. He wore a long cloak, and a masquerade. He was no soldier.

He was a Traveler.

The Travelers were an organization, perhaps the first, of people with free will.

Bear with me now.

You have heard, of course, of String Theory? Of how whenever something happens or a “decision” is made, there are multiple different universes created where literally anything else could have happened?

There is another step. New universes are not just wantonly created. Every single universe has existed since the beginning of Time. Each universe follows its own specific “Plotline,” or rather a “Plan.” Thus, anything that happens is meant to be part of the Plan.

This organization, the Travelers, isn’t just any fraternal group. This is an organization for the betterment of the Plans. They carry out work preventing horrible things from happening in other plans, which may either be fueled by their own experience or by a sense of duty.

One doesn’t simply “Join” the Travelers.

To be drafted into the Travelers, you must first find out about the Plan for your specific Universe. Then, you will, at some point in the next year, be drawn to buy a specific timepiece. Not any stationary clock, but something portable. Then, and this is important, a group of people will explain to you, either in a note in your drawer or a dream, the concept of the Travelers. Afterwards, they will ask if you want to join. Should you accept, your death will be faked in this Plan and you will be spirited away to the one and only man-made Plan. Should you refuse, you will lose all memory of the Travelers and the timepiece will mysteriously break.

The man-made Plan, or Hearth, as the Travelers like to call it, is a chunk of stone floating in a void. Since it is man-made, any materials and objects can be brought in at will by the Elder. The Elder sacrificed his physical form to become the Plan for The Hearth.

At the Hearth is where all new Travelers are educated in the use of their Timepiece and their namesake ability, Plan-Traveling, or “Crossing.” Travelling through massive amounts of time or Plans requires the mental ability to use time. Through their chosen Timepiece, however, Travelers can speed up, slow down, or even freeze time. That is a surefire way to tell there are Travelers about. The Universe may slow down or stop, but you can still move, you can still breath, and your projectiles still fly.

Of course, you WILL need to know when a Traveler is creeping about. Not all of them are for the work of the Plans. Some of them try to influence Plans. Some even succeed. Many Travelers stop them. A few join them.

Accept or refuse.

It’s your choice.

Rules of Time
1: If a Traveler or someone near to one has been killed and someone attempts to travel back in time without the Plan’s will and change it, the offending Traveler will disintegrate.
2: A Traveler may experience Timesickness when travelling over large amounts of time or when prolonging the stop of time.
3: Attempts to meddle with a Plan will result in disintegration.
4: A Traveler attempting to settle in a Plan where they do not belong will simply disappear, and in response the manor at the Hearth will gain another tally mark on the west wall.
Travelers
Upon gaining their Timepiece, a Traveler ages to the prime of their physical fitness and will no longer age. A Traveler is immortal in the sense that they will never die of age or its complications. Travelers are free to commit suicide or get themselves killed when they no longer want to live. Death no longer has the negative stigma, it is more of an air of mystery. Travelers, upon presenting evidence to the Elder that a mortal is worthy material, may bring about their change into a Traveler and thus take them under their wing. Travelers also gain massive increases in strength and reflexive speed.
Rules
Once a character is dead, they are dead for good. (See Rules of Time, number one)
No godmodding.
This will get dark.
I do not care for people who make their characters overly powerful. If you power slips beyond reason, I will permit other players to autokill you.
Sheets
Name:
Philosophy:
Mental state:
Timepiece:
FDA Approved Sheets
Nicole:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NicoleRhodes
Newborn

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Also, my sheet.
Name: Bernadette Cutter
Appearance: She usually has an expressionless look on her face, seeming bored. Her shoulder-length black hair is well combed, and she parts it over her right eye, which is bright green. She wears an eyepatch which is marked with a question mark over her left eye. Said eyepatch is tied in a knot behind her hair. Here face is thin, with her eyes being set one and a half inches apart.

She has a thin but tall form, around 5'6, with her legs making up at least half of that height. Her arms are long in proportion with her legs.

She tends to dress in clothes that obscure a lot of skin, such as jackets with hoods, scarves, and the like. She almost always wears long sleeves and long pants, jeans usually. As well, she always wears gloves except to sleep, opting for either black leather or a white, shimmering silk-like material. She wears a necklace which is a small malachite disk on a silver chain.

She carries at her hip a survival knife of abnormal sharpness in a leather sheathe. Usually concealed just within a jacket is a small revolver, the ammunition for which is carried in a couple of pouches tied to her belt. She wears on her left wrist a bracelet with a small clasp. Contained therein is a single cyanide pill.
Philosophy: She believes that no matter what is going on, your first obligation is to whoever you are closest to, because the joy of saving one million unknowns can not, in her mind, help the pain of knowing a loved one's death is your fault.
Mental state:She has the appearance of keeping herself on a tight emotional leash most of the time. When she is around people she trusts she may show happiness or mirth, or even upset or anger if it's extreme enough, but she prefers to keep any displays of emotion to herself.

As such, she likes to consider herself emotionless or aloof. She meets most people with either suspicion or a superiority complex, owed in part to her above-average intelligence. She is sneaky, and has lied many times. She is usually overly flirtatious in a humorous manner when around her friends. All but the naive would take her seriously.

She tends to speak in riddles, rhetoric, rhyme, and heavy sarcasm.
Timepiece: A polished silver pocketwatch, with a face carved on the front with a ruby for one eye and an emerald for the other. By turning the knob on the top usually used to change the watch's time, she controls time down to a stop, at which point she uses her mental time travel ability to go back.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 am

If this is still active I would like to join.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:26 am

i will join when I get back. It's a great way to use some of my darker characters like Nocturne and Emily from Mind Games.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 am

Why is my RP, in its short lifespan, the biggest source of your 'dark' characters?
Most of my stuff is, even off the computer, what am I, and Evil dude magnet? ... Don't answer that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
NicoleRhodes
Newborn

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:12 am

This is still active. I hope.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:16 am

The only characters I even enter in RPs are bad guys, heh. Well actually that's not true, I have a lot of good guys in RG. I'll think about this.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
NicoleRhodes
Newborn

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 am

What is even
Why are you talking about other rps here
I
what
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tick OOC/Signup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick OOC/Signup   Tick OOC/Signup Empty

Back to top Go down

Tick OOC/Signup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum