Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
True Night
Killer
True Night

Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)   Empty
PostSubject: Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)    Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)   EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:25 am

Collective Isolation - Eclipsed

Overview

Since I've joined Roleplex I have witnessed one RP die after another, including my own. Somewhat discouraged I began to brainstorm the most likely causes, and ways to improve. What I have come up with is a system that I believe to be a good balance between structured pen and paper, and the more laid back style many here enjoy. In this RP everyone will play as a single meta-human character that suddenly wakes up in a sterile white containment cell. All character sheets will be submitted as PMs and prior to the start of the all that will be available is the subject numbers (which I will assign) of the other players. As information is revealed IC side I will add it to a wiki on the OOC. The reason I call it this is that it will not only contain character information, but will also include descriptions of items, areas, the discovered portions of the floor plan, as well as a summary of events of each chapter as the RP progresses. Most every action in this RP has a chance to succeed or fail. To facilitate this there is a stat system that can be easily filled out by order of preference, or customized (see more on this under character sheet).

This may seem like a lot, but I can assure you this RP will actually require less work to participate rather than more. Instead it requires more on my part, part off the reason I too am only going to run a single player character full time. The rest of the sheets I have are for all the NPCs.

Foreword

Collective Isolation takes place in a world identical to our own in almost all capacities. The year is 2020 and meta-humans are a recent unexplained phenomenon. Knowledge of the condition is know almost exclusively to the affected and bystanders. Understanding of it is possessed by no one. Player characters can and are encouraged to come from all walks of life, all over the globe. There is no defining pattern among the abductees other than the presence of the mutant gene. Whether your character was preemptively grabbed before their secret became public or lived a normal life and haven't even emerged as superhuman it makes no difference. Also, only a minuscule portion of carriers are considered godlike. None of them will player characters. Everyone will start out with limited or no knowledge of what they can do, and there should be room for improvement. As long as it's believable enough and follows the rules just about anything goes.

In case anyone didn't figure it out, there is a deliberate lack of detail about the plot and setting of the RP. This RP is designed to put you in your characters shoes more than usual, and requires that you react to things as they happen with the same knowledge they would have.

Rules

1. I have the final say on everything, and reserve the right to modify/append the rules as I see fit.

2. No metagaming, autoing or powerplaying. Mechanics of powers that influence thoughts and actions will be carefully overseen by me.

3. Characters can and will die. If this doesn't settle well with you look elsewhere. Players are allowed to kill each other within reason. This means having a legitimate roleplay incentive, there will be no shooting first and asking questions later. Killing sprees are out of the question. Due to the single character nature of this RP I will make exceptions on a case by case basis.

4. No power is flat outlawed, however expect severe restrictions on time and technology related powers. Characters that would escape from standard cells will be given special accommodation without my consulting the owner. Unless the power is so extreme that the only containment options would inhibit roleplay, in which case I may recommend/force a new choice of power.

5. I'd like at least five lines a post if at all possible, but smaller posts are better than none at all. I'm no grammar Nazi, far from it, but please use the basics at minimum.

6. Be considerate and respectful of the others players. The purpose of roleplaying is to have fun, lets keep it that way for everyone.

7. Most mature themes are game in this RP. Swearing, gore, drugs and alcohol are okay; use fade to black when appropriate for sex. Don't abuse or overuse this. If your character drops the F-bomb every other sentence we're going to have an issue.

8. Only one character per player, and players are restricted to only controlling that characters thoughts and actions. Other characters, the environment, and success rates are off limits. For the sake of saving time I will sometimes have an action automatically succeed or fail. Keep an eye out for these in the player notes section of my prior post (see narration format for more on this).

9. All characters sheets are required to be submitted discretely by PM. Please don't post them in the OOC. I can't keep people from sharing with each other, but I'd encourage everyone not to. At least at first.

10. Put "forlorn" somewhere in your character sheet so I know you've read and understand the rules. Sheets without they keyword will be denied without explanation.

11. Please post/PM any questions or feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

Narration Format

Original Post - 19:25 PDT

Because of the nature of this RP I will need to provide more information in my posts than I can do through the perspective of my character. That is why each of my posts will have two or more parts to them. The first part will be the narration, or GM text. These will be obvious, in standard white text, and will include an underlined header stating the location and RP time. Once characters are split up there will be more than one narration so pay attention to which area your character is in so you know which one pertains to you. This RP will not entail many time skips, and it will be made clear when I do.

Next I will have my character post. This will be a post from my characters perspective, which will be written in response to my narrations and other peoples posts like any other player character. These posts will be in blue as per my usual.

Everyone:

Character Sheet

Basic Information

Name:
Age: (I'd recommend at least 13, though any within reason is acceptable)
Weight:
Height:

Appearance

Hair color:
Eye color:
Skin tone:
Physical features:
Preferred attire: (everyone starts out in a neon green jumpsuit, this information will be hardly used until a ways in)
Cosmetics/other: (your character could still have their makeup on, though they won't be getting any more any time soon, this is the only optional section on the sheet)

Private information:

Personality:
Hobbies/interests:
Bio/history/backstory:

Tactical Information

Base Attributes: (simply list Agility, Charisma, Constitution, Intelligence, Perception, Strength, and Wisdom in order from what your character shines at to where they fall short. This is separate from your characters power, you could give a character with a low strength score super strength, though I wouldn't recommend it.
Custom point system:

Skills/talents: (anything your character is good at not relating to powers)
Power: (what extraordinary things can your character do? be detailed and don't leave anything out)
Weaknesses/limitations/drawbacks: (what is your character vulnerable to? what restrictions are associated with their power?)

Starring Characters

True Night

Subject #0001754

scuba cat

Subject #0002693

Last edited by True Night on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:18 am; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)    Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)   EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:29 am

Discovered floor plan

Pending launch.

Last edited by True Night on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:53 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)    Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)   EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:30 am

Other Characters

Pending launch.

Last edited by True Night on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)    Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)   EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:30 am

Items

Pending launch.

Locations

Pending launch.

Last edited by True Night on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)    Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)   EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:56 am

Think I'll need another reserved, now I'm done for real.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)    Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)   Empty

Back to top Go down

Collective Isolation OOC (launches weekend of August 1st)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: