Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:57 am

HELLO CAMPERS

ARE YOU READY FOR THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE?

ARE YOU READY FOR CANOEING, HIKING AND S'MORES?

WHAT ABOUT AN ARCHERY RANGE? OR HORSEBACK RIDING? OR EVEN GHOST STORIES BY THE FIRE!

WE HAVE ALL THAT AND MORE AT SAINT GUINEFORT'S SUMMER CAMP!


Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp is one of the Northeast's BEST summer camps, chosen by families and kids with a sense of adventure and taste for fun! Our camp has some of the best instructors in the nation, all CPR-certified and plenty experienced!

Kids will enjoy hours of fun and play each day and wonderful accommodations for each night. There's all kinds of activities to be had-and friends to be made! Adults will love our priority for safety and great experience while being reasonably pri


The brochure is torn past that, and there's nothing more.

The brochure dances across the ground, tugged along by the cold breeze. No one stops to pick it up because no one is left in Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp. The canoes all sit empty, discarded at the shore of the lake, as if abandoned in a hurry. There are still footprints in the sand, a few that have been spared by the water, but there are no new ones being made. The bonfire is cold ash. The entire camp is bathed in grey, as melancholy, overcast skies keep any real sunlight from getting through. Do I need to go on? I'm starting to drone on like that damned brochure.

You wake up, feeling cold and a little numb. This is likely because the glass windows in your cabin have been shattered, and a brutal draft is slipping in. Your throat aches with thirst, your head pounds from something or another, and there's an immediate feeling that something is really, really, really wrong with Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp. There are names etched into the bunk beds around you, but no one sleeping in them. There are bags and suitcases scattered about but no hands rummage through them. Everything is silent, unless your ears are keen enough to hear the buildings decay a little bit at a time. Your eyes flutter open and then shut and then open again. The dead camp is still there. This is not a dream. This is real. This is real. Oh sweet God in heaven this is real-

Somewhere, wolves howl. This is the only sound you've heard since you've woken up, and the only sound the camp has heard in a long damned while. An initial surge of relief is quickly ended. Wait, wolves? Why the hell are there wolves? There aren't wolves here.

There aren't people here.

You step out of bed, legs shaky, and try to calm the heartbeat that's making your skull throb.

Bathroom. Bathroom is good. There's water in the bathroom.

You walk over to the bathroom, opening the door up, and immediately fall backwards onto your ass.

There's water in the bathroom. There is also a dead body in the bathroom. A not-so-happy camper hangs from the rafters, a belt looped around his thin, teenage neck. Flies dance along his exposed legs and arms, and likely underneath the bright orange "I'M A GUINEFORT CAMPER!" shirt. He is very, very dead. He swivels to look at you, eyes wide with fear and pain, and you very nearly hurl the nothing that is your stomach.

Oh Christ.

Oh Christ.

-------------

So yeah, this is Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp. Very spooksy, creepsy things are going on at this Camp, as you may have ascertained by the dead kid I had a few lines back. Yikes! Isn't that bad? Well, don't worry, because there are still plenty of FUN and AWESOME activities for you to do if you come on over to THIS RP. Now, this RP will not be a traditional "we all make characters and do stuff" type RP. This RP will be very similar to one Osaka ran a while back, called Hemophobia. Essentially, I will present you with a situation. For example, "You wake up in a creepy summer camp and also there's a dead body in the bathroom". You will then give suggestions on what to do. Maybe you suggest "Ignore the body and get water", maybe you say "We should reach in his pockets for useful stuff". Or maybe the sane ones say "Get the f*ck out of there." Regardless, we'll be doing this as a team. You're free to discuss what the right course of action is whilst you try to figure out what happened at the camp and how you can leave. Furthermore, this RP will be kinda fluid in terms of membership. Ideally, you'll stick along the whole time. However, you can drop in or drop out as you like and the RP will work just fine. Really, there's not much else.

So, anybody interested?


SOME RULES 'FORE WE START THIS awesome person

1. This RP is going to get dark, as evidenced by the dead child in the OP. Be prepared.

2. In the event that there are diametrically opposed suggestions for what to do, I will let you guys discuss it amongst yourselves and try and reach a consensus. Otherwise, we'll put it to a vote.

3. There are no limits aside from your creativity (and mine). That being said, don't be a CENSORED and suggest retarded stuff. This is, however, informal, so no need to make official posts or anything. You can say "I think we should try this", list your rationale, whatever works.

4. If you ever need any more detail or anything, let me know. I don't want to dull you with exposition but at the same time I want you all to be able to make informed decisions.

5. We can figure out some of this as we go, depending on what people want. However, while our character has no set personality or anything, it would be cool to see some realism in terms of reactions and emotions.

Let's get started!

____________________________________
My Boy Patches wrote:
Listen up homies, this CENSORED is fresh and real, so I suggest to all o' y'all to pick up what I'm puttin' down and check this CENSORED out. For real. YOLO, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work
avatar

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2013-01-12
Age : 23
Location : I'm on my own planet. I'll do my own thing. Then turn around and pat myself on the back (for doing good).

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:24 am

Take a step back, drink some water, let the initial shock wear off, then check this fool's dead body.

____________________________________


| Steam | Skype - Mr AllenJ | Tumblr |
Back to top Go down
http://exterminatuslonestar.tumblr.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
avatar

Posts : 1550
Join date : 2012-10-19
Age : 101
Location : The crispy inside.

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:25 am

I'll assume this is open for posting, so I'll go ahead with my rational.

So, based upon what the OP has shared with us, we have three main objectives.

1. Basic needs, water and food.
2. Protection.
3. A plan.


So, this is what I propose.

Spoiler:
 

____________________________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
avatar

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2012-10-21
Age : 21
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:26 am

*is run over by nick's text wall*

I know jack about camping, but I do know that I doubt any water in that cabin is drinkable. There's a higher chance that there'd be water in the camp's kitchen. Grab an anti-wolf weapon (I suggest a board with some nails in it but really it can be anything) and haul ass to the main building.

____________________________________
"How strange it is to be anything at all." -In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, Neutral Milk Hotel

Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
avatar

Posts : 754
Join date : 2012-11-06
Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:28 am

Throw up on your shoes and then crawl out the cabin on all fours for dear life.

____________________________________
I can make things real fucking homo real fucking quick.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 am

Loney Lone wrote:
Take a step back, drink some water, let the initial shock wear off, then check this fool's dead body.

Whew. Okay. You can do this. You take a deep breath in and sidle around the corpse-oh, God, it touched you-and move over to the faucet to get some water. Surprisingly, it turns on, and doesn't seem to smell weird or anything. Safe to drink? You let it run for a second, then give in and take a few big gulps. The water tastes fine, oh, damn that feels good on your throat-you take a few more sips and, feeling about to burst with water, force yourself to step back. You were really, really thirsty. How long were you out? You have only a fuzzy recollection of the past, and wonder if your failing memory is tied to the throbbing pain in your head. Regardless, the next order of business is that corpse. Dangling there. You think he's a teenage guy, probably under 15 rather than over 15. Steeling yourself against the nastiness of what you're about to do, you go over and reach into his pockets. You pull out a scrap of paper, which appears to be burnt around the edges. On it, written in a thick, calligraphic type, are four numbers: "1431". What the f*ck does that mean? You stow it away inside your back pocket, but you find nothing else of interest on the camper's dead body. Bleghah. I mean, you could take his shoe laces or the clothes off of him or something but that's just fucked up.

Operator, That's Not The Way I Feel wrote:

Once again, CENSORED's gone down. You dont know what the hell is up. You hear wolves. Get into those suitcases. Like, literally take them and slam them against the wall until they crack open if you need to. Most scouts and scout masters normally carry cooking equipment. My own scoutmaster, before I retired from scouting after becoming an eagle scout, always carried an alligator machete in his traveling stuff. Most scouts will have cooking equipment, there might even be propane tanks around. If you're luck and one of the scouts was anything like me, then they have a plastic washable travel dinner set and a backpack, among other supplies. All scouts carry a pocket knife. Get one that's more shaped like a combat knife if need be and another that's like a swiss army knife. Get flashlights, flare guns, batteries, anything that could be of moderate use. Most scout camps have shooting activities around for both shotgun and rifling. If you can find PVC, take it. It will be useful in creating pipe bombs for taking care of wolf packs or even blowing crap out of the way. You'll also probably want to grab every lighter you can. Those will be useful later. Stuff everything you find into a mobile suitcase or backpack.

Suitcase stealing time. The first suitcase yields nothing but several sets of clothes-perhaps you could use these to outfit yourself if your current garb goes out of style, or maybe use them as makeshift bandages or stuff. Regardless, lugging around that suitcase would be a pain. The second suitcase is marginally more helpful, yielding a small Bible in addition to the plethora of clothes. Whilst getting right with the Lord does sound very appealing, what with the wolves periodically howling in the distance, you decide perhaps your absolution should wait until you're somewhere safer. The last suitcase has a bottle of mouthwash and, tucked deep into the bottom of the bag, a single granola bar.


Hmm. You would expect these suitcases to have something a little more substantial, wouldn't you? Looking around, you notice that all the mess of clothes on the floor, made from you turning the suitcases inside-out, is yours. None of it was there before. In fact, aside from the dead child in the bathroom, this entire boy's dorm is immaculate. Strange. Beyond that, there are only three suitcases, yet there are four beds. While you can't seem to recall why the hell you're at this camp, or what the circumstances of your arrival were, you do know for sure that you don't recognize any of these bags as yours.

You empty out the most mobile suitcase-a medium sized duffel bag with a large strap, perfect for slinging over your shoulder, and put SOME CLOTHES, (specifically, two extra shirts, two extra pairs of shorts, and some socks. You don't get any more boxers cause...c'mon, man, that's weird). THE BIBLE, A BOTTLE OF MOUTHWASH,
and A NUTRITIOUS GRANOLA BAR inside. You zip it up tight to ensure none of your newfound belongings fall out.


Operator wrote:

In cracking open those suitcases, look around for fishing tackleboxes. Chances are that a few of the scouts brought those and maybe even a fishing rod. If you cant find food or water, make sure you're armed with protection in the form of a knife or longer bladed weapon and go to the lake. Get a drink from the water. It's not the best, but you cant be choosy, and like any good scout you'll have a scout book complete with steps on how make makeshift tools. If you dont have yours, one of the suitcases was BOUND to have one in them. If there's no fishing rod around, and you were lucky enough to find a hook or line, use it to make a makeshift rod and try to catch some fish. Find bugs around for bait if you need to.

Unfortunately, the suitcases are all deprived of survival type materials. Your mind wanders back to the eerily tidy dorm and the eerily useless suitcases.

Quote :
Once your fed and have had a drink, take a minute to cry and get all of that out of you. It's going to be hard and you're just a teenager who just saw what most adults wouldnt be able to look at. if you followed the steps I just gave you, you did better than most people would. Create a plan when you are finished getting yourself together. Look to those footprints, and maybe grab that brochure on the ground. It might have a map on it. See where those footprints could potentially be leading to. Think about areas of interest if you have a map. They might be useful if you need to scavenge more supplies or even look for other potential survivors. Figure out where the hell you are, and maybe look for a bike or something to get out of there. Have an escape plan in the back of your mind.

You take up that advice of crying in the form of grabbing a pillow off the bed you woke up in and screaming into it for a few seconds. You...actually feel kinda better. A lot better. Just in case you need further psychological support, you decide to tuck THE PILLOW OF SCREAMS into your suitcase, as a deterrent against further mental breakdowns. After a few deep breaths, you pick up the torn brochure, that has been cast into your cabin by the wind (the door is wide open) and skim through it. Nothing new. You fold it up and tuck it into your back pocket along with the note you retrieved off the -gaaaahhh-corpse.

Stepping out to the door of the cabin, you look out at the world around you-a world you know, thanks to that brochure, is called Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp. You actually have a pretty good vantage point, which seems to be the first stroke of luck you've had since you got here. The skies ahead are overcast and grey, making it tricky to tell what time of day it is or what direction you're facing, but you have a nice view of the grounds. Around you are some other dorms-judging from the lack of bras and tampons in the suitcases you rummaged through, you're confident that these are the BOYS' CABINS. You could go looking in them for supplies, but something in your gut turns over at the thought of seeing another corpse. Looking directly in front of you, perhaps forty or fifty yards away, is a RECREATIONAL AREA. You would need to take another route to get there-unless you ran right down the hill, which could lead to a sprained ankle or something. Doesn't look to be much useful from where you're standing, just a tetherball pole, a basketball court, and some picnic tables. To your right, you see a path that winds down the hill. You could follow it all the way down to THE LAKE, which looks cold and wet, check out the aforementioned RECREATIONAL AREA, or follow it over to your left. There's a wooden building off in the distance, down the path a ways, and you can't really gauge what it is from here. You suppose it could be one of the things listed on the brochure, but for now, you mentally dub it the MYSTERY BUILDING and look to your right. Okay, following the path down the hill to the right, there seems to be a large, wooden building, the sort of thing that looks like a modern, bigger log cabin. Outside, on the spacious porch surrounding the building, are some tables, swings, and rocking chairs. This appears to be some form of communal area-and judging from the size of the building, it was made to hold several people. Maybe it's a MESS HALL or something.


You strain to look further than that, but it's tricky. There's a bit of fog rolling in off the lake, and the wind is carrying it to the far side of the camp, making distinguishing buildings past fifty or sixty yards tricky. You're confident the camp extends that way, however, as you can see the path lead off into the mist.

Whilst you make up your mind on where to go in this godforsaken camp...


Quote :
I know jack about camping, but I do know that I doubt any water in that cabin is drinkable. There's a higher chance that there'd be water in the camp's kitchen. Grab an anti-wolf weapon (I suggest a board with some nails in it but really it can be anything) and haul ass to the main building.

You go back into your cabin and look for something you can use to defend yourself. You can't tell exactly where the wolves are coming from-but you think it's from behind the BOYS CABIN a ways. Regardless, you scan the cabin for anything that could be turned into a makeshift weapon. The bunk beds are unfortunately made of steel, and have mattresses on them. Likewise, the rafters in the ceiling are all sturdy and you would need several hours to try and get one loose. A thought does occur to you, however, and, building up your willpower once more, you slip past the dangling corpse and remove the lid off the toilet. It's the only thing you can see to use as a weapon-unless you wanted to try making bed sheets into a garrote or something. Sidling back past the body and to the threshold of your cabin, you grip your TOILET TANK LID in both hands. It will have to suffice until you can find something better. Being a summer camp, there's surely baseball bats or something around here somewhere. Given your being unsure of where the main building is, you refrain from hauling ass towards it.


Where to?


____________________________________
My Boy Patches wrote:
Listen up homies, this CENSORED is fresh and real, so I suggest to all o' y'all to pick up what I'm puttin' down and check this CENSORED out. For real. YOLO, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
avatar

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2012-10-21
Age : 21
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:42 am

Go find the fricking main building, then.

____________________________________
"How strange it is to be anything at all." -In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, Neutral Milk Hotel

Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work
avatar

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2013-01-12
Age : 23
Location : I'm on my own planet. I'll do my own thing. Then turn around and pat myself on the back (for doing good).

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:44 am

Well, f*ck. In case wolves come after you, you better bring that body, and hope if they nom on that instead of you. Finding the main building might be a little difficult if you don't know where the hell it is. Go for the Mess Hall before the wolves chew your sweet ass off!

____________________________________


| Steam | Skype - Mr AllenJ | Tumblr |


Last edited by Mr Allen J on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://exterminatuslonestar.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
avatar

Posts : 3593
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 21
Location : In the savage gardens

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:08 am

If wolves are coming, and something mysterious came in and happened to kill people, you have more than one problem on your hands, but some are more immediate than others. Firstly, the wolves are probably attracted to your location by the smell of the corpse, and it's likely they have little interest in you at the moment, unless they happen to find you before they locate the carrion. As much as the concept of touching a dead body is disgusting, you might want to somehow get it further away from you, in hopes that the wolves eat what's already been killed. If you can't move the body, get as far away from it as you can without running into the wilderness, but try to avoid being out in the open for too long also, since that increases the risk of being spotted. You need to find a place to hide or contact help, but your options are all weighed by the risk of whatever killed the one camper being hidden in one of the buildings.

One thing is for certain, you shouldn't be near the wolves, because if the murderer is still in the camp, the wolves eating the carcass is certainly going to draw attention. Dart off to any building that seems like you can safely barricade yourself in; you can't really determine where the threat is, just be prepared to run again if it's there, or hide in some dark corner. Then, if you happen to get a chance to relax for that long, see if you can find some sort of phone. It's unlikely to be in a camper's cabin, and there's the chance that if the camp uses a land line it's been cut. Perhaps you should try the mess hall, since they may have a phone there for the sake of calling for medical attention if someone has a food allergy; it's not really a well-founded guess, but you need to move.

____________________________________
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:45 am

Quote :
Go find the fricking main building, then.

Some part of you is hesitant of charging head-long into the misty outskirts of the camp, and decides to think of a somewhat more elaborate plan before moving onwards.

Quote :
Well, f*ck. In case wolves come after you, you better bring that body, and hope if they nom on that instead of you. Finding the main building might be a little difficult if you don't know where the hell it is. Go for the Mess Hall before the wolves chew your sweet ass off!

You decide that you would rather be mobile rather than have a 160 pound, meat-smelling wolf chew toy getting its dead scent all over you. The Mess Hall, however, seems promising.

Quote :
If wolves are coming, and something mysterious came in and happened to kill people, you have more than one problem on your hands, but some are more immediate than others. Firstly, the wolves are probably attracted to your location by the smell of the corpse, and it's likely they have little interest in you at the moment, unless they happen to find you before they locate the carrion. As much as the concept of touching a dead body is disgusting, you might want to somehow get it further away from you, in hopes that the wolves eat what's already been killed. If you can't move the body, get as far away from it as you can without running into the wilderness, but try to avoid being out in the open for too long also, since that increases the risk of being spotted. You need to find a place to hide or contact help, but your options are all weighed by the risk of whatever killed the one camper being hidden in one of the buildings.

You stop and listen to the howls. They're sporadic, and don't seem to be the really angry, all-out howls of a wolf that's found its prey. So maybe they're unaware of your presence? Regardless, it seems wise not to alert them to the fact that you're up and kicking. You look in the direction of the wolves, which is behind and to the left of the BOYS' CABINS. You see a path leading off into some rather thick woods which seems to be the source of the wolf howls. There's too much mist in the distance to make it clear, but you think you see the forest beginning to slope upwards-perhaps it's at the base of a mountain?

Regardless, moving the body. Blegh. You steel yourself against the idea and move back in to the cabin, looking at the body for a minute. You go to move it and stop for a moment, feeling a hollow pain rack your stomach. That...that body's got to be at least a hundred and fifty, maybe a hundred and sixty pounds. You may need to snack on the NUTRITIOUS GRANOLA BAR after this. While it makes you dry heave a bit, you manage to stand on the sink, undo the belt from the rafters, and begin to drag the body out from the cabin. You feel somewhat guilty about this-this kid deserves a proper funeral, not being used as wolf-bait. Your guilt, hoewver, is overridden by your self-preservation instincts. You manage to pull the body out to the back side of the hill, at which point you send it rolling down with a heave of effort.


This seriously taxes you, and you take a minute or two to catch your breath. Your arms and legs feel fatigued, and you vaguely wonder how long it's been since you had a proper meal. You debate eating the NUTRITIOUS GRANOLA BAR now or saving it in case things get worse. One thing is for sure-you dearly hope your bait works, because if you encounter any wolves, you're certainly in no condition to fight them. You go inside and wash your hands with the cabin's sink before considering your next move.


Quote :

One thing is for certain, you shouldn't be near the wolves, because if the murderer is still in the camp, the wolves eating the carcass is certainly going to draw attention. Dart off to any building that seems like you can safely barricade yourself in; you can't really determine where the threat is, just be prepared to run again if it's there, or hide in some dark corner. Then, if you happen to get a chance to relax for that long, see if you can find some sort of phone. It's unlikely to be in a camper's cabin, and there's the chance that if the camp uses a land line it's been cut. Perhaps you should try the mess hall, since they may have a phone there for the sake of calling for medical attention if someone has a food allergy; it's not really a well-founded guess, but you need to move.

You didn't spot a phone in your cabin, and it seems unlikely that there would be one in the other cabins. Likewise, you can't spot any good cover in the buildings along the path-aside from some trees and the occasional shrub, there is very little to the sides of the path. This will at least let you see something coming, even if it cuts down your cover. Moving slowly down the hill to conserve your strength, you begin to make your way to the MESS HALL, following the path. You don't spot anything unusual along the path-although you do hear a few sets of feral cries from the woods behind you.

This entire camp seems deserted. There's not another soul around-none that you can see, at least. You have a paranoid fear that someone is watching you, from the mist that hangs over the ground of this derelict camp, or perhaps from within one of the buildings. You shrug it off and try to keep going, glancing at the REC AREA to your left. You can't spot anything useful from where you are, and press onwards to the MESS HALL. You also pass a path that would appear to lead off towards the woods. At the intersection of this path and the one you are on, you encounter a helpful sign.

GUINEFORT WILDERNESS HIKE AND MOUNT RAIS are both to your right, down the path. It is from this direction you hear the wolves and you generally regard going closer to them as a bad idea. Back from where you came are the BOYS' CABINS, and along the path you're on is THE MESS HALL. Emboldened by your correct guess, you meander onwards towards the MESS HALL, slowing your pace as you get closer.

There's blood. You immediately dart behind a tree to the side of the path, crouching down. You slowly peer around it and assess your surroundings. Before you is the camp's cafeteria, perhaps two stories tall and fairly large. It could easily fit several hundred people in it at once, you imagine. The path leads right up to a small staircase that opens to the porch-an expansive patio where you imagine a few dozen kids could comfortably wait in line. On the staircase and on the porch, you can see several bloodstains-large ones. Somebody, or maybe several somebodies, were wounded pretty heavily to leave such large crimson stains behind them. This close to the MESS HALL, you can also ascertain that something's not right within the building-all of the blinds are shut. Some of the rocking chairs you spotted from the hill are set up as a barricade of sorts over the stairs, and presumably there are more fortifications inside. Was there a fight of some sort here? Looking closely, you can see the bloodstains seem to be...smeared. As if something very big and bloody was dragged off the porch and into the grass. Kneeling about ten yards from the building, you consider your options. You could turn around and go back to the cabins, although you're not really sure why you'd do that. You could try the front door of the MESS HALL, or maybe attempt to break a window or something to get in. Alternatively, you notice the path curls around the building as well-there may be a back entrance or another route inside. Last but not least, you can leave the bloodstained building behind and find another part of the camp to scavenge goods from.

Around you, the camp is silent, save for the wind rattling the leafless trees and the occasional cry of wild beasts from far behind you.

____________________________________
My Boy Patches wrote:
Listen up homies, this CENSORED is fresh and real, so I suggest to all o' y'all to pick up what I'm puttin' down and check this CENSORED out. For real. YOLO, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
avatar

Posts : 1550
Join date : 2012-10-19
Age : 101
Location : The crispy inside.

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 pm


Food & Water: Yes
Protection: No
Somewhat of a plan: Yes


Eat the granola bar. With how thirsty you are, you are bound to be hungrier than you think. I'd roughly estimate you have about half an hour before you get light headed and faint. Eat or fait and potentially never wake up. That's your choice.

We'll save the weather thing for later, since you're no longer at a vantage point, but now you have weapons to work with. What could be a weapon you ask? Well, take those rocking chairs and slam them into a few trees if you can and reduce them to a bunch of sticks. Those sticks are both weapons and tools for potentially making a fire if need be. Go cray-cray and then toss your toilet seat out. You wont be getting any use out of that.

Now you have some tools. Those bloodstains were made by someone getting in and getting out. Look for the entrance they made. It's probably a window. There's no need to make any more noise or exert any more effort in creating another way to get in. Circle the building and look for that entrance and then scavenge your way in. Chances are there is food. And where there is cookable food there is gasoline and fire. Since it was barricaded and most likely has more fortifications inside, there are most likely going to be discarded weapons in there as well. Hell, make shift weapons are probably in there. It's a mess hall, the perfect place to find a knife. Even a little knife would be better than the toilet bowl as long as it's not made of plastic.

You now have food and water, protection, and now it's time to make a plan. Where do we go from here? Once again, look around for a map of some kind. Most camps have maps that are stationed around the campus. Maybe you should look for one of those.

On a side note I'd like a little information on out character's size and weight. How tall are we, and how heavy are we? If we get into a combative situation it can determine our approach.

____________________________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
avatar

Posts : 3593
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 21
Location : In the savage gardens

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

If you choose to enter the Mess Hall or not, regardless of what you do, the bloodstains on the porch and the trail leading away tell a story. If the door is open, more than likely any people inside are dead, but if it's barricaded, it's possible people might still be hiding inside. Regardless, there appears to have been a struggle on the porch, and if the door is barricaded, more than likely the corpses that were dragged away into the grass were unlucky campers that were shut out by the people inside; this would have been done if the killers were getting too close, and the people feared that they might get in. It's a dark thing to do, but most people aren't actually that willing to sacrifice their own lives for the sake of someone else. If there's already a way to get in, it's possible that you're going to find a very grisly scene if you go inside, since that means attempts to barricade entrances failed.

It would be wise before recklessly doing something to carefully inspect the building, to make sure there aren't any windows already broken, or an open door. If one is, you could probably go in with less to worry about regarding misunderstandings or immediate safety, since whatever threat there is has already passed through, but if not, there's a chance the killers themselves are searching for an entry point, also. If you inspect the building, do so while attempting to hide behind trees, bushes, and grass, so you decrease the risk of being seen.

Regarding the rocking chairs, they do possess potential as an easier weapon to wield, but simply smashing them to take them apart might not be so easy; you might want to find a way to muffle any sounds made if you do so. Making noise doesn't seem like a good idea, since it would alert anything nearby of your presence. If you decide to smash the rocking chairs, it might be better to do so against the ground, and also where grass is growing. It would still make noise, and it would take more attempts at breaking the chair, but the grass would muffle the sound much better.


Also, I agree with Operator on this one, since the actual weight and size of the character would greatly affect a lot of factors.

____________________________________
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:53 am

Quote :
Eat the granola bar. With how thirsty you are, you are bound to be hungrier than you think. I'd roughly estimate you have about half an hour before you get light headed and faint. Eat or fait and potentially never wake up. That's your choice.

Yes, this. You decide eating will both take your mind off the rather terrifying situation you've found yourself in, and help satiate the gnawing within your stomach. You open up the NUTRITIOUS GRANOLA BAR and chow down, feeling better almost instantly. You finish the granola bar off quickly, wishing you had a canteen of water to wash it down with. Regardless, your stomach's incessant aching seems to have been dulled, and the nutrition facts on the granola bar make you think this should at least keep you going for a while longer. Feeling invigorated, you're a bit more confident about breaching the barricaded, bloodied MESS HALL

Quote :
We'll save the weather thing for later, since you're no longer at a vantage point, but now you have weapons to work with. What could be a weapon you ask? Well, take those rocking chairs and slam them into a few trees if you can and reduce them to a bunch of sticks. Those sticks are both weapons and tools for potentially making a fire if need be. Go cray-cray and then toss your toilet seat out. You wont be getting any use out of that.

Regarding the rocking chairs, they do possess potential as an easier weapon to wield, but simply smashing them to take them apart might not be so easy; you might want to find a way to muffle any sounds made if you do so. Making noise doesn't seem like a good idea, since it would alert anything nearby of your presence. If you decide to smash the rocking chairs, it might be better to do so against the ground, and also where grass is growing. It would still make noise, and it would take more attempts at breaking the chair, but the grass would muffle the sound much better.

Moving slowly and cautiously, you grab one of the rocking chairs that hasn't been worked into a barricade off the porch and drag it back to the place where you were observing the building. It takes a few minutes, but by picking up the rocking chair and smashing it against the ground, you manage to split it up into several smaller pieces. Only two of these seem serviceable as weaponry-one of the bottom parts, upon which the chair rocked, snapped at one end, giving you a SPLINTERY CHAIR SHARD that would seem better suited for stabbing, or giving your enemy a great many painful splinters. The other was from one of the pieces that ran vertically up the chair-it's more or less intact and would be good for bludgeoning someone. You dub this the SMASHING CHAIR STICK and ponder which of the two pieces you should try and make do with. You tuck the remainder of the wood-a PILE OF CHAIR SHARDS into your bag. You wisely use one of your extra shirts to wrap up the pieces, so you don't cut your hand open when you reach in trying to grab it-or risk tearing your bag open. Also, the could easily mess up the PILLOW OF SCREAMS that you kept in there.


Quote :
On a side note I'd like a little information on out character's size and weight. How tall are we, and how heavy are we? If we get into a combative situation it can determine our approach.

You take a moment to size yourself up and make sure you're okay. You're wearing a "I'M A HAPPY GUINEFORT CAMPER!" shirt, some cargo pants that would seem useful for carrying some smaller things, and tennis shoes (double knotted). You can't tell for sure, but you think you're around 5'10ish. You have no way of gauging what your weight is, but a quick look at those washboard abs reveals you're in pretty good shape, and have a bit of muscle mass. Also, you are a guy. You feel that, while you may be impeded by your minor starvation, you are in good physical shape overall, and are likely up for most tasks that could be necessary at an abandoned summer camp. You try and remember some more details-like what your specific weight and height were, but the throbbing pain in your head intensifies when you do this.

Quote :

Now you have some tools. Those bloodstains were made by someone getting in and getting out. Look for the entrance they made. It's probably a window. There's no need to make any more noise or exert any more effort in creating another way to get in. Circle the building and look for that entrance and then scavenge your way in. Chances are there is food. And where there is cookable food there is gasoline and fire. Since it was barricaded and most likely has more fortifications inside, there are most likely going to be discarded weapons in there as well. Hell, make shift weapons are probably in there. It's a mess hall, the perfect place to find a knife. Even a little knife would be better than the toilet bowl as long as it's not made of plastic.

If you choose to enter the Mess Hall or not, regardless of what you do, the bloodstains on the porch and the trail leading away tell a story. If the door is open, more than likely any people inside are dead, but if it's barricaded, it's possible people might still be hiding inside. Regardless, there appears to have been a struggle on the porch, and if the door is barricaded, more than likely the corpses that were dragged away into the grass were unlucky campers that were shut out by the people inside; this would have been done if the killers were getting too close, and the people feared that they might get in. It's a dark thing to do, but most people aren't actually that willing to sacrifice their own lives for the sake of someone else. If there's already a way to get in, it's possible that you're going to find a very grisly scene if you go inside, since that means attempts to barricade entrances failed.

It would be wise before recklessly doing something to carefully inspect the building, to make sure there aren't any windows already broken, or an open door. If one is, you could probably go in with less to worry about regarding misunderstandings or immediate safety, since whatever threat there is has already passed through, but if not, there's a chance the killers themselves are searching for an entry point, also. If you inspect the building, do so while attempting to hide behind trees, bushes, and grass, so you decrease the risk of being seen.

With the bag of supplies tight against your back, you wield both the SMASHING CHAIR STICK and the SPLINTERY CHAIR SHARD as you advance counterclockwise around the MESS HALL. As you move off the path and into the grass, you notice that the signs of conflict grow more apparent. Windows have been smashed and boarded over, most of the furniture on the patio seems to be congregated here in a rag-tag barrier, and the blood smears are nearly everywhere. It looks as if people were dragged off the porch and into the grass-while the bloodstains are harder to follow from there, they are definitely leading in the direction of the woods. Yikes.

You circle the building once and notice that there is no easy way into the structure from the ground level. Barricades are more or less omnipresent around the building, and you would need to take the bag off and focus on disassembling them for a moment to get inside. They appear to be mostly thrown together, but nonetheless sturdy-tables and chairs from inside are stacked against every window, things are boarded shut, and there are even a few chains holding things shut. Someone was very serious about keeping people out-or in-and they were working on a budget. You could probably break in, but it would take some time.

This, of course, is from the ground level. During your reconnaissance of the building, you noticed that one of the windows upstairs is open, and that you could easily crawl in. Were you willing to climb up in a rocking chair, you could probably get up on the roof and make your way there. The roof is at a pretty steep incline, but you're confident you could walk on it-assuming it can hold your weight. The risks of jumping up onto a roof are obvious-while the roof is only about eleven or twelve feet from ground level, you could break a leg or ankle if you fell. Running from the wolves would probably be harder if that happened. Still, it would be easy to grab a chair and get within jumping distance.

You may want to put away the SPLINTERY CHAIR SHARD first, though. Something about jumping up into the air with that in your hand seems unwise.

____________________________________
My Boy Patches wrote:
Listen up homies, this CENSORED is fresh and real, so I suggest to all o' y'all to pick up what I'm puttin' down and check this CENSORED out. For real. YOLO, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work
avatar

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2013-01-12
Age : 23
Location : I'm on my own planet. I'll do my own thing. Then turn around and pat myself on the back (for doing good).

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:44 am

Shove that shard up yer bum, grab a chair, and, this is important, quietly sneak up on to the roof.

____________________________________


| Steam | Skype - Mr AllenJ | Tumblr |
Back to top Go down
http://exterminatuslonestar.tumblr.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
avatar

Posts : 1550
Join date : 2012-10-19
Age : 101
Location : The crispy inside.

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:46 am

Pretty basic here. Put the shard away in your pack or something (or hide it somewhere and come back for it later) and get a chair and climb on up and start looking around. You already know what to look for, food, clean water, weaponry and other tools. Look for a scout handbook and a map while you're at it.

____________________________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
avatar

Posts : 3593
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 21
Location : In the savage gardens

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 am

If you decide to jump using a rocking chair, it would be wise to do something with your bag to keep it from dragging you down; the things accumulating in it are probably starting to give it a little more weight than what would be preferred for jumping. You have two options: you can either leave the bag in a hidden spot, or, if by some miracle it doesn't miss, throw the bag through the open window. Whatever you decide, whether or not you yourself jump might depend on the style the roof is built in, since a steep incline is only its generic shape. If the roof hangs past the walls of the building, which is one way of redirecting water, it might be risky to jump because you would probably land on an overhang, which doesn't have as much support. You will wish to land solidly or reach where the roof is located above a room or a wall; roofs are generally built to withstand workers walking around and laying tiles on them, unless they're ridiculously cheap.

Take into account whether or not the roof is an overhang, or a generic style featuring gutters. Once you do so, you can more carefully gauge your jump. In addition, make sure the roof is regular tiles before jumping; if it's terracotta (Not that terracotta would make any sense in the woods), or tin, the former will make lots of noise and make balance more difficult, and the latter would indicate the roof is poorly made.

Once you finally make up your mind about jumping, there is one important detail you should never forget: if you're jumping from a rocking chair, make sure to wedge something underneath its rocking legs so that it doesn't move when you're on it. With your weight, it could badly disrupt your balance, and there are many ways that you could wind up in an accident just from falling off the chair, as humans, even well-built ones, are fragile creatures.

Also, you might want to consider if you can find a way out of the building after you get in, since you already happen to be aware that falling from the window might not kill you, but you could get hurt in the process.

It's hard to determine if people were barricading themselves, or if someone locked them inside. Be prepared to see something horrifying, just in case; mental preparation is important.

____________________________________
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Quote :
quietly sneak up on to the roof.

Quote :
Pretty basic here. Put the shard away in your pack or something (or hide it somewhere and come back for it later) and get a chair and climb on up and start looking around. You already know what to look for, food, clean water, weaponry and other tools. Look for a scout handbook and a map while you're at it.

Quote :
If you decide to jump using a rocking chair, it would be wise to do something with your bag to keep it from dragging you down; the things accumulating in it are probably starting to give it a little more weight than what would be preferred for jumping. You have two options: you can either leave the bag in a hidden spot, or, if by some miracle it doesn't miss, throw the bag through the open window. Whatever you decide, whether or not you yourself jump might depend on the style the roof is built in, since a steep incline is only its generic shape. If the roof hangs past the walls of the building, which is one way of redirecting water, it might be risky to jump because you would probably land on an overhang, which doesn't have as much support. You will wish to land solidly or reach where the roof is located above a room or a wall; roofs are generally built to withstand workers walking around and laying tiles on them, unless they're ridiculously cheap.

Take into account whether or not the roof is an overhang, or a generic style featuring gutters. Once you do so, you can more carefully gauge your jump. In addition, make sure the roof is regular tiles before jumping; if it's terracotta (Not that terracotta would make any sense in the woods), or tin, the former will make lots of noise and make balance more difficult, and the latter would indicate the roof is poorly made.

Once you finally make up your mind about jumping, there is one important detail you should never forget: if you're jumping from a rocking chair, make sure to wedge something underneath its rocking legs so that it doesn't move when you're on it. With your weight, it could badly disrupt your balance, and there are many ways that you could wind up in an accident just from falling off the chair, as humans, even well-built ones, are fragile creatures.

Also, you might want to consider if you can find a way out of the building after you get in, since you already happen to be aware that falling from the window might not kill you, but you could get hurt in the process.

It's hard to determine if people were barricading themselves, or if someone locked them inside. Be prepared to see something horrifying, just in case; mental preparation is important.

While it makes you a bit nervous, you tuck your SPLINTERY CHAIR SHARD into your bag and put your bag down on the ground next to the chair you're going to use. After a moment's consideration, you wedge it underneath the back part of the rocking chair to ensure it doesn't move when you jump. You're fairly confident you can slide down off the window, move over, and drop back down onto the chair if you can't find a way out. The roof does not seem to overhang past the supports underneath it-thick wooden beams that are spaced a fair distance apart. You align the chair with one of these beams, gather up your nerve, and jump up. You managed to grab onto the roof and wiggle your way up onto the roof without too much difficulty, pausing once you get up there. No sense in rushing and busting your ass. You move cautiously along the beam, avoiding placing your weight on the other part of the roof to keep from falling through. You reach the window and slide inside, taking in your surroundings.

You appear to be in a small, office-like room. No, scratch that-this appears to be a mini-lounge of sorts. Perhaps this was a break room for the staff? Next to where you clambered in are two chairs by a table, which has a few magazines on it. From this little alcove, you can see most of the room. There's one large, wooden table, which could presumably sit all of the camp's counselors at a time for a meal, and a door on the right side of the room. While the lights in the room aren't working, you can see most things thanks to the light from the window. There's also a pool table, which has been neatly cleaned, with the pool balls put away and the cues hanging from a rack on the wall. There's a small fridge on the side of the room, along with a microwave and a radio that's only playing static. Movie posters, the occasional wilderness-y/inspirational poster, and even a girl-of-the-month type calendar are scattered about the walls.

These, however, are far from the most interesting part of this room. There's another dead body-but this one seems far more peaceful than the one you saw in your cabin. In fact, if it wasn't so absolutely still, you could mistake this corpse for being asleep. It's seated at the table, slumped down, as if she merely dozed off after a heavy meal. There's an empty plate before her, along with some silverware wrapped up in a napkin,and a half-consumed glass of some kind of reddish liquid. You spot a leather-bound journal next to her, closed and latched up, with a pen above it. Perhaps there's some clue as to how she died in there. She is wearing a t-shirt similar to your own, except it's an eyesore neon yellow and it reads "COUNSELOR" instead of "CAMPER". Additionally, as you get a bit closer, you see that there are rather alarming burn marks on her forearms. She's wearing jeans, which prevents you from seeing her legs, but you imagine there would be similar marks on those, and her chest-however, it seems a little wrong to undress a corpse to confirm a useless suspicion. By her leg is a small, pink backpack, which could fit less gear than your DUFFEL BAG but presumably be worn more easily.

That seems to be all this room has to offer. While the dead body in this room disturbs you, it does seem more...peaceful...than the other one.

____________________________________
My Boy Patches wrote:
Listen up homies, this CENSORED is fresh and real, so I suggest to all o' y'all to pick up what I'm puttin' down and check this CENSORED out. For real. YOLO, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work
avatar

Posts : 2319
Join date : 2013-01-12
Age : 23
Location : I'm on my own planet. I'll do my own thing. Then turn around and pat myself on the back (for doing good).

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:46 pm

That counselor might have something cool like keys, or a wad of cash. So you should loot her body. But pull out your shard of wood first. Just in case. Leave the backpack, you don't want to die wearing THAT thing.

____________________________________


| Steam | Skype - Mr AllenJ | Tumblr |
Back to top Go down
http://exterminatuslonestar.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
avatar

Posts : 3593
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 21
Location : In the savage gardens

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 pm

While the nature of the woman's death is a mystery, and you don't know how she received those burn marks on her limbs, it seems as though she accepted that she was dying beforehand. Perhaps she was succumbing to severe injury, if the wounds already visible are any clue, or, since she was apparently eating and drinking something, she may have committed suicide. You don't know what happened in the camp, except that in addition to horrible murders, it seems like this counselor and whoever happened to be inside the Mess Hall with her attempted to barricade themselves inside, and afterwards, it seems as though someone intentionally trapped them. You don't really know...but what if this poor woman was tortured to the point that she killed herself? There's a lot of what-if's in this scenario, but it seems more and more like whatever has been happening in this place has been occurring for a somewhat longer period of time than you may have first anticipated.

The presence of the pen lying across the journal would suggest the counselor had been writing something, so you may wish to read the most recent entry in it, to see if you can learn anything about your current situation. You don't know what the woman might have with her aside from perhaps some keys in her pocket, and you may or may not take the small backpack with you; it depends. Regardless of your decision, you should check inside the backpack for anything of use.

Once you do all these things, you should inspect other rooms in the building, but make sure you have your splintery wooden weapon ready at all times; you don't know what you're going to find.

____________________________________
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Quote :
That counselor might have something cool like keys, or a wad of cash. So you should loot her body. But pull out your shard of wood first. Just in case. Leave the backpack, you don't want to die wearing THAT thing.

Unfortunately, in order to avoid risking impaling yourself, you left your SPLINTERY CHAIR SHARD down with your duffel bag outside. You cautiously approach the body, but it stays dead. You notice a whistle hanging from a frayed old string around the counselor's neck, and you very gently remove it. The whistle is plastic and appears to have a slight crack in it-in fact, it looks like it might fall apart at any moment. Regardless, you slip on the ALMOST BROKEN WHISTLE in the event it could be useful. While the counselor is not carrying any cash or keys, there is a worn old piece of paper that reads "1431" in her pocket. Interesting. You don't spot anything else of interest on her body.

Quote :
While the nature of the woman's death is a mystery, and you don't know how she received those burn marks on her limbs, it seems as though she accepted that she was dying beforehand. Perhaps she was succumbing to severe injury, if the wounds already visible are any clue, or, since she was apparently eating and drinking something, she may have committed suicide. You don't know what happened in the camp, except that in addition to horrible murders, it seems like this counselor and whoever happened to be inside the Mess Hall with her attempted to barricade themselves inside, and afterwards, it seems as though someone intentionally trapped them. You don't really know...but what if this poor woman was tortured to the point that she killed herself? There's a lot of what-if's in this scenario, but it seems more and more like whatever has been happening in this place has been occurring for a somewhat longer period of time than you may have first anticipated.

The presence of the pen lying across the journal would suggest the counselor had been writing something, so you may wish to read the most recent entry in it, to see if you can learn anything about your current situation. You don't know what the woman might have with her aside from perhaps some keys in her pocket, and you may or may not take the small backpack with you; it depends. Regardless of your decision, you should check inside the backpack for anything of use.

You open up the journal and flip to the back, finding the last entry. It is written in very shaky handwriting, with wet stains on the paper.

"May God have mercy on my soul for what I have chosen to do. It is a matter of time before they make their way through, and they will not be merciful to the little ones when they do. I scoured this building and found some rat poison in the basement. A lot of rat poison. In order to boost everyone's morale, I told them there would be a party. That...that they should eat and drink all they want. I don't know if this will be painful, but it will be more peaceful a passing than the wolves. I've thought it over a dozen times and I can't see any other way out of this. We're not strong enough to fight our way out, and even if we could, we would have many more fights before we were in the clear. Dozens of miles to go...surely they've cut all the tires in the parking lot by now. Besides, the few kids who were brave enough/fast enough to be sent out haven't returned. None of our phones have any reception, the internet is down. The only thing I could think of that would work would be that flaregun, but there's no way I could make it there in my current condition-and I'm not sending any more kids out. Besides, the skies have been overcast for several days straight now. I fear we are alone here. I'm going to beg God for forgiveness and then drink my punch. It shouldn't take much, they burned me half to death already. The kids downstairs have gotten quiet. No screams of pain or anything. Just...quiet. Heh. I'm stalling. Goodbye. -Joan"

You make a note to yourself to not drink any of that punch. You slip around and grab the backpack and move it across the room from the dead body-you tell yourself it's to avoid infection, but in reality, you just don't feel right going through a dead woman's stuff a foot away from her. The backpack seems to have been scavenged already-has someone been here before you? No, it seems more likely that Joan dispensed most of the supplies to the kids already. You do manage to procure a CELL PHONE, which, as Joan noted, has no reception or internet, but could perhaps function as a flashlight or mirror. Additionally, there's a small pocket Bible, which you leave merely because you already have one. There is also a sizable WATER BOTTLE, which is empty but could be refilled and used to quench your thirst on the go. There is also a small FIRST AID KIT, which appears to be down to its last dregs: presumably, there were several injuries that needed tending to by the kids. It's down to a few Band-aids, an alcohol swab, and a half-used roll of gauze. There is also a COMPASS, which appears to be spinning wildly, refusing to focus on any one direction. Maybe it's defective? The bag contains nothing else.

You also move back over and take JOAN'S JOURNAL, which may yield more useful information about your surroundings.

Quote :

Once you do all these things, you should inspect other rooms in the building, but make sure you have your splintery wooden weapon ready at all times; you don't know what you're going to find.

Should you head back outside and grab your weaponry, or proceed through the building without it? You should also decide whether or not to move all your gear into the more easily carried backpack, or continue putting your things in the more spacious duffel bag.

____________________________________
My Boy Patches wrote:
Listen up homies, this CENSORED is fresh and real, so I suggest to all o' y'all to pick up what I'm puttin' down and check this CENSORED out. For real. YOLO, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
avatar

Posts : 3593
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 21
Location : In the savage gardens

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:29 pm

It seems like the mess hall may not have as many provisions as you previously thought, as it is clear from the journal that people have been hiding here for several days. It is also likely that if you explore the rest of the building, you will probably find more corpses in conditions similar to that of the counselor, who you now recognize as Joan. If the rat poison killed humans rapidly after ingestion, there will likely be more food sitting out, but it would be unwise to eat any of it, as it is clear that Joan concealed it in what she fed the campers. You don't know how long people have been in the Mess hall, but it seems that the killers have been waiting for a chance to get at their victims for days, unless they already happen to be aware that they are dead. They might still think there are people alive in the building, in which case they would be watching it.

In regards to your situation, it seems the only way to get out of this mess is to travel a long distance on foot, and your duffel bag is not useful in such cases. If there are killers that might spot you and try to hunt you down, then you will want to have more ease of movement. The bright color of the backpack can hopefully be masked by mud or some other dull-colored substance, so that it doesn't make you an obvious target. In addition, having less capability to store things will make you choose more carefully what you take with you. You don't want to be dragged down by useless things; not when it's obvious people who have left the mess hall before have been killed, and you are now in a situation that might be worse than when you had discovered you were in this place.

Since it doesn't seem like anyone has gotten into the Mess hall yet, you can probably proceed without weaponry, but be prepared to sprint back into the counselor's room and barricade the door behind you, just in case. You might just prefer the risk of leaving through the window.

____________________________________
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Okay, I'm going to try and wait for two different people to post each time before I continue, but I don't know if that will happen. So...quasi-bump?

____________________________________
My Boy Patches wrote:
Listen up homies, this CENSORED is fresh and real, so I suggest to all o' y'all to pick up what I'm puttin' down and check this CENSORED out. For real. YOLO, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp   

Back to top Go down
 
Saint Guinefort's Summer Camp
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Summer Jones
» An orc's camp
» Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!
» The Camp Tour?
» Community Central: Welcome to Camp Half-Blood!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: