Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legerman Academy

Go down 
+7
WhatIsMyPurpose
Celo "The Moms"
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
Absolutely not Prussian
Tyrantlizardking
JunkMail
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zar
Newborn
Zar

Legerman Academy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 4:11 am

Here are both of the sheets I submitted last time. I'm probably going to change the third planned one around a lot.

General Information
Full Name: Thomas Lee
Alias: Thomas, Tom
Sex: Male

Appearance
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 150
Physical Description: Thomas is of average height and rather slim. Perhaps despite this, he appears to be fit and healthy. He appears to be of Korean descent, with slightly tanned, smooth skin. He has a somewhat round face, though with slight cheekbones. His hair is straight and a very dark shade of brown, often kept combed slightly down and to the right. Thomas combs his hair often, and enjoys keeping it clean and looking good. His eyebrows are thick though somewhat short in length, and his eyes are a dark brown color. Thomas is clean shaven, though sometimes he cuts himself while shaving due to rushing, so he may occasionally have thin cuts down his cheeks and such. He does have one notable scar, a small one that goes down near the end of his eyebrow that prevents hair from growing there. His nose is of average size, and has round, smooth features rather than sharp (it doesn’t jut out harshly, for example).

Attire: Thomas’ attire is usually very casual, preferring to wear a simple t-shirt, jeans/khaki jeans, and white adidas sneakers. Occasionally, he will wear a blue, slim-fitting hoodie or a plaid shirt, both of which would be unzipped/unbuttoned. In colder weather, Thomas wears a gray parka and may wear hiking boots rather than his sneakers, depending on whether or not there is snow present (That may be very uncommon in Texas though, heh). In formal settings, Thomas will still be rather casual - He almost always rolls up the sleeves on button-up shirts because he believes it looks better. Thomas will almost never wear a tie, though he may occasionally wear a sports jacket along with a buttoned up shirt and dress pants or khakis. In formal settings, he’ll usually wear boat shoes.

Personality
Outward Personality: Thomas is sociable and friendly, leading to him being generally well-liked. He’s a rather sensitive person, and is able to interpret the feelings of others fairly well and sometimes acts as an emotional support. As such, he is personable. At times, Thomas puts the needs of others above his own, though not to a dangerous extent - he only really helps out when he finds it’s either good for his own benefit, the benefit of those he cares about, or it’s absolutely necessary. Due to this, he can appear somewhat selfish, as he may not want to help out in situations because he has nothing to gain from it. Thomas may additionally come off as stubborn or hot headed, especially when presented with something he does not want to do, or someone he dislikes. In fact, you’ll know if Thomas doesn’t like you - rather than his normally outgoing, kind self, he’ll be distant and cold. Thomas hates being alone, and obviously enjoys the presence of others to a great degree - he takes comfort in it. He can also be rather quick to anger. Thomas is also somewhat of a “people-pleaser,” though it’s not incredibly influential on his outward personality.
Inward Personality: Inwardly, Thomas is intelligent and very conscientious. He’s the type of person to plan out every decision - weighing the pros and cons, making predictions, and more. As such, he tends to be very careful and heavily dislikes taking risks. He can also be fairly judgemental of others when he first meets them despite appearing endearing, but this quickly changes.

Skills:
Thomas enjoys a variety of sports, particularly aquatic sports such as water polo. He is skilled at this in particular. Aside from that, he knows a lot about movies, considering himself something of a cinephile. He’ll often quote movies without really being aware of it, and make off-hand references.

Faction
Species: Changeling
Allegiance: Primacy (Student at the academy)

Powers

Power Class: Elemental
Power Description: Thomas can generate multiple energy barriers and manipulate them. Generally, these barriers are blue-green, glow slightly, and are semi-transparent. The barriers are rather strong and have a variety of uses, such as shielding Thomas or others, isolating/trapping people within them, etc. The position of the barriers can be changed once they have been created, so they can be used to push people and such (The speed with which they move varies, but faster speed is more taxing on Thomas). Additionally, when the barriers are destroyed, either through Thomas’ own manipulation or force exerted by others, they shatter into glass-like shards, which can harm anyone they touch. It’s very similar to a window breaking, however the shards disappear after a certain time, being made of energy. Properties that Thomas can manipulate are the strength and transparency of the barriers. Very high level use of this ability would allow one to change what someone sees through the barrier, almost like causing them to hallucinate, though this is extremely difficult to do and could kill the user of the power outright.
There are some limitations on this power, of course. Use of it drains Thomas’ physical energy, making him very exhausted over time. It may additionally cause headaches/migraines. If done too much in a short period of time, Thomas may faint, and his blood pressure may rise significantly as a result of intense effort/stress, which can cause a variety of bad things including nosebleeds due to ruptures of capillaries within nasal membranes. The barriers cannot be made to be completely indestructible, and will shatter regardless after a certain time even if they have not been physically broken. If they move too far away from Thomas, they will also shatter immediately. They also cannot be made completely transparent or opaque.

Miscellaneous
Key: Curse
Other: If you guys couldn’t tell, I’m awful at describing people’s physical appearances.

General Information
Full Name: Claire Westdoor
Alias: Claire
Sex: Female

Appearance
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 139 pounds
Physical Description: Claire, if one observed her from a distance, seems like a rather normal person (For a Changeling, at least). They would be able to note her fair complexion and rather muscular build (The result of years as a mercenary). She has long, black hair, which curls slightly. Most of it goes over her shoulders and behind her back, though some of it goes to either side of her face, and she also has a few bangs. However, closer inspection would reveal a different story. The most notable feature is the presence of a purple, slightly glowing mark on her left eye, covering the normally grey iris. Only a few people besides her know what it is and why it is there. Additionally, her face has a variety of scars on it, marking her experience in a rather violent line of work.

Attire: Claire normally wears an olive green military-style jacket, either buttoned or unbuttoned, on top of simple t-shirts, usually gray/white/black in color. Sometimes, she’ll wear a light brown leather jacket (if it’s cold out), or a very light athletic jacket. Additionally, she’ll almost always wear jeans, though occasionally she’ll wear a skirt or shorts if it’s particularly hot out or the situation calls for it. Claire either wears leather hiking boots or running shoes, depending on what she is doing. In formal settings, Claire will don a dress, though nothing too flashy though, along with heels.

Personality
Outward Personality: Claire is usually a quiet, soft-spoken person. She is content to observe most events from a distance and remain quiet, though if need be she can and will disappear. Despite some attempts to stay unnoticed for various reasons, people often confront her about her presence. What many will discover about Claire when they interact with her is that her personality can be rather harsh. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind, and is often very sarcastic and brutally honest. Despite this, she can refrain herself from being too harsh towards those who she respects, especially her employers (who are, at the moment, the staff/administration of Legerman Academy). Speaking of tasks she must do, one can find that Claire is a very determined individual, and willing to do anything to get her job done. One may find her to be a very intelligent and cunning individual.

Inward Personality: This will be PMed to Darkel and Celo for plot reasons.

Skills: Claire is extremely skilled at martial arts of various kinds, having devoted much of her life to learning them. She's also a very fast runner, though she doesn't often run.

Faction
Allegiance: Claire is a mercenary, so technically she’s rather neutral. However, she works most often with people associated with the Primacy and leans heavily towards it.

Powers

Power Class: Intellectual/Elemental

Power Description:
Claire’s power is the creation of up to two psionic energy blades, one for each of her arms. They begin slightly above her wrists on her arm and extend about a foot and a half from her hand outwards. The blades are positioned on the top of each wrist. Each one glows with a purple energy, and when they move, temporarily leave a luminescent purple trail of energy behind. The blades cannot break, and act like normal metal swords, though they have better cutting/piercing power due to being made of psionic energy. Each one has a thin, triangular shape that ends in a rather sharp tip. Claire usually only uses one of these blades, however, on her right arm. For the purposes of the plot, the weaknesses of this power be revealed within the story (Discussed with Darkel, PMing Celo).

Miscellaneous

Other: This sheet is kind of smaller than what I would normally make because a lot of stuff will be revealed about Claire throughout the story.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 2:19 am

After doing Honey's character sheet, I'm going to go and re-do Scylla's appearance and the looks of his puppet, too. I also think I want to redo his personality traits, and perhaps say that he can switch between his monster form and his human one at will, but his more combat-oriented powers don't function outside the mutant form, or without the flute (Like he can transform so long as he's carrying it, but if he loses it, he'd still revert back). For the most part, aside from control over his creature form, his power won't really change. That way he can actually practice playing his flute outside of fighting, and his real form comes as a more shocking appearance to the people around him when he uses his powers. Well, no, not just that, but I feel like he's supposed to be more of a mischief-maker, and I think he needs to be able to move around without actively playing the flute for that to work.

Well, that, and I really don't feel like I can develop the personality I originally gave him. I want to make him a little more interesting, and his psychology isn't as complex as I think it should be.

Actually....the way things are going, he might be a completely different character appearance-wise, and his personality is going to be altered. People will want to reread his character sheet, since the change would be that dramatic.
Back to top Go down
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 3:49 pm

I finished Zara's sheet. Ended up hardly changing anything.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Ok so once you guys have finished your sheets, please request who you'd like your character to room with. If you don't I'll just assign them random ones lol.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 8:48 pm

We could put Azazel and Ira as roommates again. Your choice though, I don't really mind who my character(s) get(s) roomed up with
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 9:34 pm

Hm...Well, Scylla's going to have to get stuck with someone random, but it would be best if he got stuck with someone who liked to keep a clean dorm.

Honey...well....nobody wants to room with a big furball?
Back to top Go down
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 11:38 pm

Zara would be okay with it, I believe.

Personality wise, that is. Power wise they don't fit at all.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Well, then I guess Zara could room with Honey. I don't really care about power matches. I personally think the story could get more interesting from the bits of roommate drama that come from not really knowing how the other person's abilities work.

EDIT: Well, here's Scylla's character sheet. The abilities in general are the same, save for the fact that Scylla can change into his creature form without actively playing the flute, so long as he's holding it, and he has eye problems in his human form (Since I figure he shouldn't really have a human form at all, so I just want to make it so that there's consequences for giving a being that shouldn't have eyes the form in the first place, like something's incompatible or wrong about it).

Those things aside, his entire appearance and personality has been overhauled (He's kind of neurotic and paranoid, now). The appearance of the puppet he summons with his powers has also changed. I just feel like the alterations are a better fit for him, and something I can nail more easily. Also, I'm aware that the initial personality description mostly details his phobias and such, but really, that's not going to be the main aspect of his personality that everyone sees right off the bat. It's just too much of a thing for me to omit from the sheet.

General Information
Full Name: Scyllo Randolph (Pronounced ‘Silo’) [Note: I am aware that he has a weird first name, but there’s actually a reason for it]
Alias: Scylla (Silo on written non-legal documents)
Sex: Male

Appearance
Height: 5’4” (163cm)
Weight: 153lb. (69.4kg)

Physical Description: Scylla, to anyone looking, is a short, stocky individual, with a little extra weight that he carries around in the stomach area, although by no means would anyone insult him over this, seeing as he is only mildly overweight, and he has a decent amount of muscle beneath the excess padding, overall. With a tan skin color possessing a yellow undertone, he appears more exotic, but does not have a warmer glow that would indicate he spends much time outdoors. Although he has muscle, the extra weight he carries around smooths out most of his features, and the look is further emphasized by his rounded facial features. Scylla possesses a rounded jaw, with a lightly snub-looking nose, and dimpled cheeks. Overall, this makes him look much younger than he really is.

Scylla’s large, round eyes are ringed by long, dark eyelashes, but are also distinctly giveaways about his identity as a changeling. His scleras are a dark brownish-red color, his irises are golden yellow, and his pupils constantly glow white, like they contained fluorescent light bulbs. His eyes are prone to changing depending on mood, and when particularly stressed, the white glow can spread into his iris, or the glow can completely fade out and the iris can change color to match the sclera. There is no real way of understanding why this happens, but it clearly depends on emotion, and it is said that because of his eyes being this way, Scylla’s vision in general is extremely bad, leaving him nearsighted (though glasses can correct this, since the nearsightedness is due to issues similar to a normal human), and he may also go blind during and after emotional moments, due to the eye changes, which are far beyond his control. Occasionally, but rarely, he can suffer this effect even outside emotional triggers. It is often suggested that Scylla was not meant to have eyes, given that his other form does not possess them, and the fact that he possesses no problems with his vision when he leaves his human form.

Scylla is notable for never seeming to develop any sort of facial hair, not even stubble, and possesses short-medium, dark wavy brown hair, which is often messy-looking in appearance, and grows into a small widow’s peak. Although he keeps his hair clean, the many wild directions and cowlicks that it naturally grows with is impossible to control.

When Scylla dons his creature form, in which he can fully-utilize his powers, his appearance transforms from that of a chubby, youthful-looking human with strange eyes into a truly terrifying and alien-looking creature. With his legs contorting into a digitigrade shape, the upper part of the limbs ripple with muscle, but at the lowest joint, become plated in appearance, with kneecaps present, and the lower part of the leg even possessing a hole and distinct shape that eerily makes it resemble the bones of a human’s lower leg. The feet are skeletal, and the toes stretch out into long, finger-like digits, tipped with bird-like talons. Scylla’s body itself develops into an elongated shape, most similar to a weasel with long legs, but the ribcage seems dramatically longer than normal, bending slightly upward before becoming a thick neck. Strangely, the upper part of Scylla’s shoulder-like point on his ribcage possesses a unique feature: A strange loop of flesh that juts out and runs back to fuse with the bottom of the ribcage at the spine, resulting in a hole in his body that does not have an obvious purpose. At the top of this loop juts a pair of wings, which possess a skeletal structure that seems oddly warped and bent, more tentacle-like than solidly like those of a bat, which they are most similar in structure to. They possess joints, but they are not sharply defined, and the webbing in the wings is so small, it seems practically nonexistent. Although these wings are presumably large enough that they could have, in some circumstance, supported Scylla’s weight, he is regardless incapable of flight despite this feature.
A pair of sturdy-looking legs sprouts from Scylla’s shoulders, coming down to support his upper body, but with large, talon-tipped hands instead of paws or feet. Like his back legs, these limbs possess holes and curves in the lower arms, resembling those of a human skeleton, with defined bony carpals in the wrists. Scylla’s original pair of arms stretch to be able to reach past his longer neck and the larger skull itself, developing tendrils at their base that become longer until they reach the defined carpal-like wrists, where they abruptly stop, almost like the long sleeves of a cloak, although like the rest of his limbs, they have a hole in the lower arm that resembles the radius and ulna. Scylla’s hands develop solid palms, with joints on the fingers and knuckles most similar to ball-in-sockets, like those of a crustacean or insect. Visibly, they look very much like the original human hands, but oddly enough, possess holes in both palms, which can be seen through, though this does not appear to impair their function. Unlike other limbs, Scylla’s functional hands in this form do not possess sharp talons, or any sort of nail-like feature at all. It should be worth noting that, where Scylla’s heart would be presumably located based on the skeletal structure of this form, there is a hole that cuts cleanly through his body, leaving the nature of how his anatomy is arranged a complete mystery, as this gap remains within the larger loop on his back, and beneath his pair of arms, much like a weasel’s heart.

Scylla’s stomach sprouts ten long, whip-like tentacles that trail behind him, and he also possesses a long, demon-like tail, as it is tipped with a barb-like fin at the very end. All of Scylla’s tentacles, like his tail, are prehensile, although their grip strength is extremely weak, and they do not have any sort of ridges, fingerprints, or suction-cups that would allow him to easily hold objects. Scylla must carefully knot his tentacles around an object in order to lift it, and even then, each tentacle can only lift about four or five pounds at one time, only slightly more than half a gallon of water. Scylla’s tentacles are also useless for offensive purposes, as they move very slowly, almost like those of an octopus underwater.
Scylla’s head presents perhaps the most dramatic alteration out of any appendage on his body. With his skull transforming into a wide, wedge shape, similar to a viper’s, he has a slight snout and a small mouth compared to the creature of reference. His head is also not perfectly rounded, as his skull has defined, ear-like points at the back that make it resemble an arrow in shape. His head is also comparatively large in proportion to his body, like a rodent’s. These things aside, Scylla’s mouth possesses flexible lips that allow him to speak, and three rows of needle-like teeth in his mouth—despite this, Scylla has no jaw strength in this form, and any damage a bite could do is minimal. Scylla’s tongue is far more frightening to look at, more closely resembling a myriad of five wriggling tentacles connected at their base that can stretch out to the same length as Scylla’s skull itself. Scylla’s tongue in this form is sticky, like a chameleon’s, and if he eats in this form, he is liable to wrap his tongue around an object and lightly chew it, before swallowing it whole. Most notably, in the center on top of Scylla’s head, there is a large circular hole that completely goes through both his skull and his jaw, making the location of his braincase another mystery that has yet to be solved. Scylla’s eyes and nose completely disappear in this form, and all that remains of his eyes are small ridges, beneath which sprout a large pair of fourteen-point antlers that go completely sideways, more closely resembling an axe head due to their flattened shape and sharp, forward-facing points. Where nostrils might have been, instead Scylla possesses four fleshy, stiff whiskers, like those on a catfish. In addition to his pair of antlers, six horns ring the hole on Scylla’s head, curving outward like those of a bull or triceratops. An additional noteworthy factor, when Scylla’s mouth is closed, his head seems seamless, as though he possesses no mouth at all.

Scylla’s creature form possesses slimy skin, although it also has a strange, bubble-like texture, almost as though his hide were melting, although this is not true. Color-wise, Scylla’s skin is an extremely dark shade of black, almost to the point that it seems to fail to reflect most light, and almost renders him flat against any sort of object he stands in front of, making him visually-disorienting to look at, in more sensitive individuals, though there is nothing supernatural about this. The upper parts of Scylla’s body appear to fade from black into a deeper and more visible blue color, although this color is by no means very bright. In low light, it fades to the point of invisibility, but Scylla’s fingers, toes, and the tips of his tentacles excluding the tail in his creature form are colored the same dark, reddish-brown color as the sclera of his eyes in human form. Notably, when Scylla is particularly angry, the skin past the final joints on his claws and fingers will glow bright white, like his pupils in human form. The inside of Scylla’s mouth is also a deep reddish-brown color, and his tongue is a brilliant, bright sky blue color that almost seems to be bioluminescent, as it also faintly glows, though it is completely invisible when not in use. Scylla’s horns and spikes, respectively, are all the same exact color as his skin.

Despite his vision functioning perfectly in his creature form, and the fact that he feels stronger and more secure, Scylla is often reluctant to assume it in front of people he has just met or in the public eye, because it deeply frightens most people with its appearance. It often takes some degree of coaxing to make him reveal this form to friends.

Attire: One of Scylla’s most defining qualities is that his entire wardrobe is almost entirely monochrome, even for special occasions. Every single outfit he owns is black, white, or grey, and he does not deviate from this lack of color, even when it is suggested by other people. Often, Scylla wears a dark grey zip-up hoodie over a black shirt, with black jeans and pure black or grey running shoes with white or black soles. Scylla does not appear to be a Goth however, as he believes that pure black jackets show dust and dirt more easily, suggesting he has a severe problem with filth and grime. All of Scylla’s clothing, despite being casual normally, is extremely clean, and he has even been seen with a bowl of dish soap attempting to remove stains from the white soles of some of his shoes. Scylla also constantly wears glasses, due to being nearsighted, and almost always, he keeps his hood drawn over his head when wearing a jacket, and often walks in a stooped fashion with his free hand in his pocket, as though fearing being seen. Scylla’s glasses are thick black frames, which are perfectly round in shape, allowing one to clearly see his eyes, and this also appears to be a stylistic choice, as it is the one aspect of his dress that he truly seems flattered by when people offer a compliment.

Personality
Outward Personality:
Scylla is an individual that moves about as though he were very timid and shy, and in truth, he is, in fact, very sensitive to a lot of things, and it is very hard to befriend him without jumping through hoops in order to avoid doing the various things that he is repelled by, as in many cases, he proves to be extremely hypersensitive. First and foremost, Scylla has a very strong hatred of being touched, even if it is on a clothed part of his body, and has been known to react with anger, fear, or distress with the slightest of accidental brushing. Scylla has often described being touched as feeling as though he were being burned by fire, and has also stated that he has haphephobia. He has often been known to briefly ignore the fact that he has been touched by a person, for the clear purpose of shoving them away, although he seems disgusted by having to initiate contact, and might go and thoroughly wash his hands after the fact. Whether or not this stems from a form of trauma, or is a result of the fact that Scylla is obsessive about having a clean environment and remaining clean himself, one would not know. Scylla will often hesitate to shake hands with people as a greeting, but will reluctantly do so, if only because he is not someone who wants to reject society altogether, suggesting that he actively tries to ignore his hatred of being touched, if only because he does not want to be ostracized. Even so, this often proves difficult, and Scylla has been shown to suffer an almost crippling level of anxiety in crowded areas, often taking to cowering in a corner, as he is not sure how else to avoid bumping into people.

In addition to his hatred of being touched, Scylla appears to possess an obsessive need to inhabit only clean, organized spaces, and acts such as tracking dirt or grass into a room, even if done accidentally, will result in a decent amount of distress. Because of this, Scylla demands that people remove their shoes before entering his living space, not bring muddy clothing into his own personal dorm room, and that they quickly ensure that they clean up dirty dishes or any other food items that might attract bugs. If stuck working with people who have slovenly habits, Scylla is known to become hostile towards them, often collecting dirty dishes or other things left out, and putting them all in the offender’s room, alongside sticky notes demanding that they clean up their own messes. Not only is this extremely juvenile, but very disruptive behavior, as it can interfere with the lives of others. Scylla often claims that he will not tolerate living in a messy home, but he is not going to act as a maid, just because of his own sensitivities. Scylla obligates people to take responsibility for causing problems that have to be shared with others.

Additionally to his need for a clean environment, while he has no objections to anything done in common areas or in the rooms of others that do not create messes or filth, he is known to keep his own room organized to an extreme, and every possible object that can and will possess color must be kept monochrome, preferably grey, as white would show a stain, and black would show dust. Not that dust or stains exist in Scylla’s world, as he is very adamant about keeping his living area clean. His own living space is immaculate, but seems to be absent of color. Scylla has often mentioned that bright colors make his eyes hurt, and in some cases, such as when people introduce countless bright, neon, or insane patterns, he cannot stand to look at them and must turn away. If forced to stay in areas that are ‘too much’, or ‘too bright’, Scylla is liable to dissolve into a meltdown, as it is too much for him to handle. Luckily, when Scylla is too emotionally upset, his eyes often react to the emotion, often blinding him, making it easier to calm down if the stress was due to visual stimuli.

Another sensitivity Scylla possesses, he hates being lectured about his own problems, and is known to react very strongly when he is bullied for his various sensitivities. Scylla will often claim that, yes, he knows he has a problem, but to mock him for it or otherwise act like that’s all that there is to him is to judge him for superficial reasons, and that everyone has their own problems, and that his “Are just a little more obvious.” Scylla, who is actually, in reality, extremely good at reading other people, and figuring out what their personalities and traits are, is perhaps the last person someone would want to pick on, given that he is very intuitive. He is often capable of perfectly guessing what someone is thinking about, and even determining what they consider negative about people other than himself. Because of this, Scylla freely brings these things out into the open when provoked, often inquiring about how good it feels to have someone rip them apart while everyone watches, just like they were trying to treat him, or some other victim (Scylla has a problem with bullies). Scylla also does not exempt bystanders from his scathing remarks, as anyone who silently stands by and watches someone abuse someone else should be just as guilty as the bully themselves. By no means is he inherently mean-spirited, but Scylla can be extremely harsh towards people when given a reason to be.

Sensitivities and bullying aside, in reality, Scylla is a very sweet person, who loves having people to talk to, and he is very bashful, blushing at the slightest of compliments. In fact, it is so easy to flatter him, one cannot help but find it adorable, if only because he goes red so easily. It goes without saying that while guys might be more liable to make fun of Scylla because he is so sensitive, most women tend to find him endearing, and he is actually very easy to approach, as there is nothing intimidating to be said about him. The people who are especially careful about trying to avoid offending him, from refraining from touching to even consciously checking to make sure they do not track dirt or bring him into places with bright colors, Scylla especially appreciates, and is known to be more forgiving of their mistakes, perhaps because he knows they care about him more than others, and that their mistakes are genuinely accidents, rather than sheer carelessness.

Another note about Scylla, he is very skilled with a variety of odd things aside from housework like cooking and cleaning. He can crochet and sew (Oddly), and has been known to take up quilting from time to time. Although he never clearly states why or what he is making, he has been known, on rare occasions, to surprise people with articles carefully made by hand, and sometimes, these items are tailor-made for the person in mind. This can be a quickly-done bag for someone who lost their purse, or a quilt for someone who is constantly cold all the time. He will even make small ragdolls for young children, and appears to be satisfied with his work when he finally delivers it to the people the gifts are designated for. Scylla does not, however, make clothing, as he finds it a little more personal than what he’s willing to offer as a surprise.

These things aside, Scylla loves to meet people who share his passions for cooking, and enjoys the company of artists and those with more abstract-sounding occupations and hobbies.

When taking on his creature-like form, Scylla strangely loses many of his phobias and insecurities, and his visual disruptions in his human form also disappear with his eyes, suggesting that he is actually more comfortable in his monstrous, alien-like body than he is as a human.

Faction
Allegiance: Primacy

Powers

Power Class: Sensory, Form, Other

Power Description: Scylla in his human form appears to be nothing more than a Sensory-class changeling with relatively simple powers. He has an uncanny power to detect the presence of sentient beings within a radius of about half a mile. This detection includes changelings and humans, but for things such as animals or machines, his powers have no effect. The precision of his detection is the power to recognize a person, as well as what direction they are in, and how far away they are from his present location. Scylla has also been known, once he has developed a strong connection to a person (In the sense that there are strong feelings between the two people, positive or negative), to be able to identify them as individuals. This power is useful in the sense that it allows him to recognize the location of his allies, regardless of barriers. It may also be reasonably applied that, since Scylla’s alternate form appears to lack most sensory organs, his powers may also extend to compensate not only for a lack of eyes, but also assist in senses such as sound and smell.

In his human form, aside from his sensory powers, Scylla has no other unique abilities. The only thing that could be noteworthy is that he appears to be very athletic despite his stockier frame, and generally, relies on being faster than other people to escape from danger. He is not by any means weak if forced into conflict, but most people can easily beat him in a fight if his speed does not provide an advantage.

In Scylla’s possession is a special kind of anomalous flute, which is, without much doubt, believed to have come from wherever Scylla himself was born. This flute, firstly, appears to be made of a strange, simmering sort of wood that more closely resembles a labradorite carving than an actual organic material. Because of its composition, the flute looks as though it were first carved from a gigantic tree burl, and then became fossilized as a brilliant, iridescent black stone with green and blue highlights. The flute is one of Scylla’s most prized possessions, being the only means by which he is capable of unlocking the full potential of his powers. The basic shape of the flute appears to be two pipes, each about a foot in length, which fuse together at their base, along with multiple holes that permit the changing of notes. Near the end of the flute, the pipes appear to be held together by  supports that eerily resemble interlocked fingers or the legs of spiders, each individual pipe having a total of eight. The openings of the pipes faintly resemble open jaws, and are ringed by small protrusions that look like teeth. On the sides of each pipe’s opening, carvings that resemble curved, ram-like horns are present.

A strange aspect of Scylla’s powers, this pipe, disturbingly, might be perceived as more frightening that Scylla himself. The nature of this pipe being that, no matter by what means someone attempts to do so, it cannot be taken away or destroyed indefinitely, and has the anomalous capability to teleport back to its owner. When separated from Scylla, the pipe can normally be taken out of his possession only for a maximum of two hours, and even then, must be actively watched in order to prevent it from disappearing sooner. When stolen away, the pipe must be either directly touched, or observed with the naked eye, not through cameras or other artificial means of monitoring. When it is taken too far away from its owner, the pipe will, within five minutes of a person failing to observe it, spontaneously vanish, reappearing somewhere near Scylla, or in whatever bag or carrying case he has with him.

When monitored with guard rotations, it is possible to keep the pipe contained for the maximum of two hours, upon which occasion, the moment that a person blinks, it will disappear, with no indication of how this occurs. When monitored using electrical equipment such as pressure sensors or video cameras, upon its disappearance, all equipment will undergo a minor system hiccup, generally resulting in feeds suddenly being blocked by static, with pressure sensors being tripped as the pipe vanishes. When held by a person physically for two hours, the pipe will not vanish until the maximum amount of time has been reached, upon which occasion, they will begin to experience sharp, stabbing pains in their eyes that gradually increase in severity (or another sensitive organ if they do not have eyes) until they let go. No lasting damage appears to result from this.

In addition to its power to disappear, when destroyed (The pipe is about as sturdy as ironwood, more durable than most forms of wooden materials, but still not indestructible), it will somehow reappear by its owner, undamaged. It is possible to destroy the pipe either by breaking it or burning it, although it does not appear to be harmed by exposure to conditions that would induce rotting, warping, or decay. When destroyed, the pipe will remain in such a state for exactly two hours.

When holding his pipe, Scylla can take on a frightening, monstrous form, although he immediately changes back into a human form should he drop it. Despite losing his eyes in this form, he does not appear to suffer any negative effects, and is still capable of sight, sound, and smell, though nothing is enhanced. In this alternate body, Scylla can move supernaturally fast (approximately 70mph), accelerating from standstill to max speed without even exerting effort, however, he is not actually the main threat, as he is in reality, very weak, with no strength in his tentacles, and no sort of enhanced power from his claws or teeth. The reason for Scylla’s speed, however, is that it is not he himself who fights; he relies on swift movements in order to evade attacks from his enemies, allowing him to begin playing a song on his flute, uninterrupted by a blow. The real threat is the other thing that appears out of the shadows, soon after Scylla begins to perform a melody.

When Scylla plays his flute, a strange, alien figure of sorts emerges from the shadows somewhere, seemingly summoned by the sound of the instrument. The instant Scylla is interrupted from playing his flute, the shape dissipates into a sort of vapor, leaving many people wondering if it is not merely a puppet of sorts, as its behavior seems to be influenced depending on whatever tune Scylla plays. Despite this, however, it is not entirely dependent on the flute, it seems, for the behaviors it exhibits are far too complex, it is more similar, in some cases, to ordering a well-trained animal to do the tasks it has been assigned.

This figure resembles a black shadow, and has almost no light reflecting off of it, making it almost resemble a hole in space, sometimes visibly disorienting, but otherwise, just defined enough for one to make out that it is three-dimensional, and determine its figure. The shape, which appears to be a tall, feminine figure, has a head that is very similar in shape to a cat’s, and though it possesses curves to define these features, it lacks eyes or a nose, and also does not appear to have a mouth. A large pair of ram-like horns curls out from its head. Its legs begin like a human’s, but are much longer, possessing an extra stretch that makes them digitigrade, and its feet are large, paw-like talons that can easily grip whatever it chooses. Its left arm possesses a hand more like a paw in shape, but with long, sharp claws. The figure’s right arm transforms at the wrist into a large, scythe-like blade, which appears to be double-edged in shape, and is as tall as the figure itself (The figure is about six feet in height, total). From the figure’s back sprouts a large pair of feathered wings, most like a vulture’s in appearance, allowing it to fly. These wings also possess small, three-toed paws at their ends, which it can apparently use in place of its actual hand. This figure appears to be wearing some sort of long-sleeved cloak that covers its entire body, falling to mid-calf, and split along the sides up to just above the knee, apparently for the purpose of making movement easier. It also appears to possess small earrings attached at the base of its pointed, ear-like appendages. Because of the figure’s semblance to the Egyptian figure, Scylla often refers to the figure by the name ‘Bast.’

The shadowy ‘puppet’ that Scylla commands when playing his flute, while not moving nearly as fast as Scylla himself, is swift enough to keep up or outmaneuver most humans, whether on the ground or in flight. It is extremely strong, capable of lifting approximately 400lbs with its feet, and the strength and speed at which it cuts with its scythe arm, specifically, is enough to make it extremely dangerous at close range, as it is able to cleanly sever the vertebrae of a hog’s neck with one swipe (Experiments and tests prove this, of course), and it can even cleanly strike through materials like concrete.

While Scylla has few unusual weaknesses, his puppet possesses several vulnerabilities. It is unable to fly when it rains, and will dissipate if completely submerged in an aquatic environment. Spraying it with water or hitting it with water-related powers is an excellent way of inhibiting its movement. It also appears to move more slowly in brightly-lit environments, and, if attacked with fire or concentrated beams of light, can generally have holes burned into it. Although the puppet will slowly regenerate over time if permitted to do so, once it is completely destroyed, it takes approximately twenty minutes before it can re-materialize, regardless of whether or not Scylla continues to play his flute once this happens. Because of the nature of these weaknesses, Scylla frequently adopts a strategy of trying to get as far away from his enemies as possible, preferring to run away, rather than outright win a conflict.

Miscellaneous
Other:
Back to top Go down
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 9:59 pm

A pyrokinetic individual and a plant based individual would make an interesting combo.

General Information
*Full Name: Kevin Davidson
Alias: Kevin
*Sex: Male

Appearance
Height: 1.77 meters
Weight: 55 kilograms
Physical Description: Kevin is a rather pale individual, with a slender bodytype. He has white, puffy and wavy medium length hair, and large, beautiful bright blue eyes, with silver pupils. His face has a feminine touch to it, and he has a babyface that actually makes him look a little adorable, while also making him look quite a bit younger. He has a small button nose, and his normal sized ears are hidden beneath his hair. His lips and eyebrows are thin. He lacks any and all facial hair. He has a thin, normal looking upper body, with the exception of the pair of brown, eagle like wings on his back, originating from the place slightly below the shoulders. These wings are 1.80 meters each, and are able to support his weight and allow him to fly. This is because his bones are hollow. He has slightly digitigrade long legs ending in brown/orange bird like feet with large talons.
Attire: Due to his wings, Kevin always wears sleeveless tops, using his wings to keep himself warm in the winter. He usually wears jeans or track pants, usually fitting him correctly, almost perfectly. He's a very clean individual, and keeps his clothes clean because of it. He doesn't wear shoes as they wouldn't fit and would be highly impractical. His clothes are usually monochrome, sometimes wearing blues or blue-greens for variety.

Personality
Outward Personality: Kevin is very kind and loves to help people out, although he can also be quite rude to people he dislikes, usually ignoring them. He isn't a violent person, although he also isn't afraid to deal a blow or 2 to protect himself or his friends. He tends to be a bit shy and quet around people he doesn't know, although he warms up to people quite quickly. He can be a little greedy at times, as he doesn't like sharing his stuff with others, stating that it's his for a reason. Some might even call him a bit childish. He's quite pure, not even knowing what a real kiss looks like, and he isn't perverted at all. He hates lying, and the only reason he'd ever lie is to spare someone's feelings. He struggles a bit during classes, often needing help to complete his assignments. He's also very sensitive, and can be quite emotional.
*Inward Personality: Inwardly he is quite perceptive, trying to know as much as possible about the people around him just by listening and watching. Other than that, he's pretty much the same on the inside as he is on the outside.
/Skills: He's a very athletic person, and is often seen jogging or flying around, trying to raise his stamina.

Faction
Allegiance: primacy

Powers
*Power Class: Form, sensory
*Power Description: Kevin is eagle eyed, able to see incredibly well and from incredibly long distances of up to 1 kilometer away, although he can't see in the dark. He also has quick reactions. He has wings that allow him to fly at 50 kilometers an hour, but this requires a lot of energy. In fact, flying at normal speeds like 20 kilometers an hour already takes a lot of energy, which is why he can't fly for long. It takes him about 1 minute to fly at 20 kilometers an hour, and 10 to fly at top speed. He's very fragile, due to his hollow bones and thin body. He isn't very strong, either.

Miscellaneous
Other:

Last edited by TINYgiant on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 12:38 am

Dunno if it was this This one or a similar one, But I do recall making a character for an RP that would fit this. I'll have to see if I can locate him.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 12:48 am

Ok those look good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Kind of reminds me of someone [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lol do you think you could change some stuff up so its not so similar?

I'll go ahead and start the IC. We're going to skip school orientation and the like and jump straight into the beginning of the school year.

Last edited by Akira on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 1:08 am

HA! I found him! It's one of my old Characters from Othergrounds! Yeas I dug through several years worth of old RP's to hopefully reuse an old character!
Back to top Go down
Zar
Newborn
Zar

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 3:34 am

I can try to make a new elemental character for Thomas to room with, though I'd prefer not to.
Back to top Go down
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 8:32 am

Wow. I didn't even realize how similar they were. I'll change him up a bit.

EDIT: Changed him up a bit, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 2:27 pm

I was kind of afraid to say anything, but it's very true, there's an X-men character named Angel who....well....bleh.....

...Actually, though, people might still call your character Hawkeye even if that isn't listed as a nickname, or something like that, because now your character brings hawks and falcons to mind.
Back to top Go down
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 pm

I realized that, while changing him I made his wings and his hair brown, but then I realized how much he looked like hawkman (from dc), so I returned his white hair to go for an eagle look. Hawkeye is actually a pretty sweet nickname. Anyways, please excuse my lack of knowledge on the x-men, never really read or watched any of it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Well, never knew there was a Hawkman, but then again, Marvel and DC combined have done just about everything, these days.

I dunno, it feels like certain stereotypes are unavoidable unless you go really off-the-wall with your characters.
Back to top Go down
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 11:11 pm

I'm a dc fan, so I know a lot about it. Hawkman is actually surprisingly old.

I find that everyone's characters will always fall into a stereotype. Unless you're so creative the gods would be jealous.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 am

Ok looks fine now. You guys can post whenever you like. Just make sure you know who your character is rooming with lol.
Back to top Go down
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 11:29 am

Just needing some confrimation, are Ira and Azazel roommates again?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 12:34 pm

I'm not quite sure where my characters should be, or what they should be doing. How should I start this stuff?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 2:13 pm

@TINY: Yes
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Uh...Dark, I wasn't just posting like that because I was musing or anything. I seriously don't know what I should have my characters doing. Where should I put them?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 1:59 pm

If you would've read the IC, there is a welcome ceremony going on.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Ah, I guess I missed the initial part then. It's just that you mentioned something about jumping into the school year, and I suppose that threw me off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Legerman Academy
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next