Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pride Days II [OOC]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

Pride Days II [OOC] Empty
PostSubject: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Pride Days II

Welcome
Welcome to Pride Days II. Pride Days is an RP that has been ongoing for several years now between ViperaUnion and myself. It is usually a 1x1 RP, but we do allow guests into the story from time to time. This RP is much different than most in several ways. We do not create character sheets here, given that we simply write characters into the story and develop them as we go. But we do heavy planning so that no complications or errors occur and we know what we're doing with each character. This RP is unique in that it's not about the traditional gaming style of RPs, rather it is about the passion of creating a true story.

Brief Recap of the Story
The sun rises over the territory of the great Ridge Pride of lions. Though their greatness is growing short and their numbers are mysteriously dropping. Why are so many lions disappearing? To the surprise of the pride, it was their neighbor, River Pride, that began capturing Ridge Pride's hunters as they snuck out to find prey. River Pride began throwing their captives off of a cliff and into a crocodile-infested river just beside their camp. As soon as the Prince of Ridge Pride was thrown off of the cliff, the witnesses reported it to King Starr of Ridge Pride, who mourned for the apparent loss of his son, Prince Jali. But Jali had not died. He had escaped by the will of some greater power, as his survival was a miracle. He was taken to the Brushland Clan of hyenas, where he was mended and healed. The next day, a massive battle occurred, slaying many lions. In the battle, King Sabyr and his mate Queen Nara of River Pride were killed. The Queen of Smother Clan, a clan of hyenas allied with River Pride, Queen Skar, survived and escaped. Though one horrible occurrence came into the happening. King Starr was killed and as Jali returned, he shared a final moment with his father, before the breath vanished from him forever.

Fast forward several moons, Jali was now king and his mate Sira had convinced him that it was now time for them to continue Jali's dynasty by having cubs. Near the same time, Zanita, Queen of Brushland Clan brought her adoptive son,  tiglon named Gamba, to Ridge Pride so that he may be raised with others like him. He met with Layla, his new hunting partner and the two became close friends. Soon, drought strikes Kenya. It became so severe that Ridge Pride, Brushland Clan, and Skystone Clan of Cheetahs all joined forces and began to migrate north, into Ethiopia. All the while they were being followed by the notorious lion named Snake, and his four sons. He claimed that his former mate, a lioness among Ridge Pride, was pregnant with his own children. It was later known that she was not, rather the cubs belonged to her current suitor, a lion named Kal.

As each clan settled in Ethiopia, things were peaceful. Ridge Pride was renamed Sunset Pride, a name thought of by Layla, as she remembered how her sister Danai had always loved the sunset. Danai had previously been killed by Queen Skar. Snake attacked Sunset Pride several days afterwards, hoping to kill Jali for banishing him from the Pride. However, Sunset Pride had expected it. Each member of the Pride applied the dangerous substance of khat pulp to their furs which paralyzed animals upon oral contact. Snake and his sons (save for Var, who betrayed them) all fell to their defeats easily. Gamba led Jali and his brother Taru to drag the bodies to a cave in which was infested with rabid bats. They tossed the paralyzed culprits inside where they were infected and died.

As relationships improved, Gamba and Layla soon grew strong feelings for each other. Layla, too shy to confess, was aided by Sira in the act of telling Gamba. In the end, Gamba and Layla became mates. With the arrival of a lioness named Kyra not long after, Gamba introduced her to his friends, including Var. Var and Kyra soon became close as well. As new enemies rise, it is discovered that Snake's family still remains and plans revenge. Many moons of war between the Sunset Pride and the Moonrise Pride, and many die. The legends surrounding the mysterious Spirits are proven true with the discovery of a magic stone left behind by Jali's deceased father, who stole it from the Spirits themselves.

Kyra's father Ammon becomes immobilized by Aziza, the queen of Moonrise Pride. Shebla, Sunset Pride's medical lioness cares for him and discovers many of his secrets. The two grow close, until Ammon fears that his affections for her may weaken him and leaves, making a deal with Aziza's son, Kavis, Dalmaa's Champion, to keep from attacking the Pride. The dishonorable Kavis lies and attacks anyways, but fails to kill his enemies.

King Sabyr, brought back to life by the Spirits but in the form of a new body, joins the Pride in an act of forgiveness and reconciliation. Going out with a party of lions and moving out into Kenya to find the stone that Starr left behind, he crosses over the Great River of Sabyr. They find Kenya has changed since they last saw it in its dried, dead state. They find it completely flooded. They face many trials: a devious crocodile, a pack of maniacal hyenas, a Dark King, a forest of snakes, and the waters of death. Finding the Stone, the Sodaki, they head back to Ethiopia where others join them to deliver the Stone to the Talon, a mountain with a sad history, where they plan to deliver the stone to Protheus, the chief Spirit so that he may destroy his nemesis, Dalmaa. Finally Dalmaa is sentenced to eternal torment and is forced to continue to provide challenges for mortals as Protheus works with their lives.

Finally, Kavis is taken back to Sunset Pride and is treated, but his mind is different. Newcomers arrive, including a strange lioness named Masika and an odd storyteller.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 9:12 pm

I am so excited for this story. The list of character descriptions for the ones I am about to introduce just continues to grow.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 3:54 am

With luck We'll attract enough folks to make this place vibrant again. I'm trying to get a few folks I know on here. And a couple to Come Back.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Well, almost done with the character descriptions. I decided to give them a major overhaul since I'm introducing a bunch. I think each character is going to be amazing in their own way.

At any rate, Dark, when should we start the IC again?

I'll be done with the final descriptions pretty soon, and it's not like all my characters will show up at once. They'll all be hanging back while the first few show up in Sunset Pride's camp. I'm good to go for now.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 5:08 pm

I'm ready to start whenever you are lol
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Well, then let's go ahead and start.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Done. Meet me in the chatbox whenever you get the chance.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Uh....Now that I think about it, you're here during late morning hours and maybe at certain times in the afternoon. I might not be able to do chatbox stuff during most weekdays. I'm usually at work during the times you're online. I can do stuff during the weekends, but otherwise, usually our schedules don't overlap much.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Actually I'm on at pretty random times lol. I'm sure we'll get to eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days II [OOC]   Pride Days II [OOC] Empty

Back to top Go down

Pride Days II [OOC]
Page 1 of 1