Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exoskeleton

Go down 
+3
InfestedThunder
Tyrantlizardking
Derkal
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 1:39 am

Exoskeleton

The sun came piercing in through the gigantic, manhole-like cover's small holes. You could see the dust falling in the exposed light. The outside world was off-limits to all the denizens of "Hope", a relatively small and broken underground city where some of the last humans scramble to survive. Food and water run thin and the only sound is the wind rustling through the torn cloth roofs of the humble cottages. Old men sit on the corroded, gravel pathways. Children do not play, but rather walk in gangs, trying to steal any coin purse they can find. The only way to see around the sidewalks is by candlelight. The only lit ones are few and far between. But this would change. The "Scavengers" would soon be released above ground for another six months.

The "Scavengers" are a raffled off group of 200 consisting of teenagers and adults alike. Candidates must be above the age of 14, and restricted to enter by age 50. The candidates would be released above-ground for six months to collect supplies from the apocalyptic wasteland. Usually, only about 20 return. The threat is not the radioactivity, not anymore. It's docile enough to not cause immediate damage. The real threat, is the Arthropods. Insects, arachnids, and crustaceans from the world above have grown to gargantuan sizes and gained new and deadly behaviors.

NOTABLE THREATS:
- Dragonflies: Nearly grizzly bear sized, the Dragonflies are mobile and fast aerial predators. Their maximum speeds reach about 30 mph. They prey on anything smaller than them.

- Mosquitoes: Three foot wingspans, the mosquitoes of the wasteland travel in huge swarms of over 100 individuals. They actively seek out blood and can smell open wounds from large distances. The swarms can devour a large animal in seconds.

- Scorpions: Not much has changed about Scorpions other than their size. They now grow to titanic sizes of over 15 feet long and their venom can kill a full grown man in under a week, assuming you survived being impaled.

- Lizards/Geckos: These agile and huge predators are the top of the food chain among the ground-dwelling animals. They can grow up to 20 feet long and can easily outrun a human. Not to mention, swallow them whole. Top speeds are 20 mph. Eggs are hidden very well, but are a delicacy.

- Centipedes: These huge predators are some of the only animals that can burrow. These cause constant threat to human populations even underground. They can grow up to 10 feet. Some species are venomous, and can kill a man in under 24 hours. Luckily, antivenoms have been developed.

- Spiders: There are so many different species of spider that it is hard to describe all of them. They tend to exhibit the same behavior as their non-mutated counterparts, all except for prey items and strength of venom. Notable and dangerous species include the Wolf Spider, Trapdoor, Black Widow, and Jumping Spider.

- Fleas: Fleas are some of the most different from their past-selves, completely changing their behavior. They are now 2 feet long and are pack-hunters. They ambush prey by hiding behind cover and pouncing onto victims. Instead of sucking blood, they tear chunks of flesh off of their prey.

- Ants: While not immediately hostile to humans (being herbivores), Ants can quickly dismember a person. Coming within close proximity with them or their hill can cause aggression. They grow about a foot long. These insects are some of the most notable causes for causing the dusty, cracked terrain the wasteland has today. They clear forests out in days. (Ants caused the quick extinction of termites over the competition for forests)

- Wasps/Hornets: Some of the most dangerous predators in the wasteland, Wasps are immediately hostile to potential prey items. Their stinger is mutated to be more like a spear than a venom-injector. They have wingspans of 8 feet and their stinger is half their body length. They can fly as fast as Dragonflies.

- Bees: Bees are not aggressive unless you come near their hives. Bees, like their non-mutant ancestors, die after losing their stinger. Growing to sizes of 5 feet, they actively looks for resources to feed the queen. Unfortunately, they cannot keep up with the other insects in the wasteland and their extinction is imminent.

- Grasshoppers: The lack of vegetation has caused these animals to resort to desperate measures. While not good at hunting, they can easily outrun and out-maneuver most prey. About 5 feet long.

-Ant-Lions: One of the stranger species of insect, the Ant-Lion is a burrowing animal that creates a sandy trap for prey. Those who fall in will have a hard time escaping. The animals grow up to 8 feet and can tear huge chunks of flesh off of their prey with their enormous mandibles.

- Ticks: Ticks are another large parasite to have changed their behavior and hunting tactics. They wait in secure locations and pounce onto the backs of prey. They have thick shells on their backs and long arms for grappling onto a target. Almost 3 feet long, the tick is almost impossible to remove. Once attached, the parasite will rapidly drain the victim of blood. Can take under an hour to completely drain a target.

(list is subject to new additions)

DOCILE/TAMEABLE ANIMALS:

- Pillbugs/RolyPolys/whatchamacallems: Slow moving and hard-shelled, the Pillbug is an easy mode of transporting large goods. Used underground all the time, the pillbug is easy to steer by grabbing their antennae like reins. They grow to lengths of 10 feet and their shell is capable of withstanding the force of a scorpion sting. Hornets can puncture with enough force.

- Millipedes: Unlike their venomous cousins, millipedes are kind and gentle. Also able to be steered, the millipedes are much faster than Pillbugs but also cannot take as much force. They can grow to 15 feet long.

- Rats/Mice: Rats and Mice can potentially be dangerous when angry or diseased, but they are mostly too fearful to pose a real danger. While not usually tamable, Mice can be effective leads to resources, as their nose is the most powerful tool in the wasteland.

- Beetles: Not tamable, but large and protected. Can grow up to 8 feet long and can take on predators of the wasteland head-to-head.

- Ladybugs: A lot like Beetles, but half the size.

- Dogs: Most breeds of dog are only a slight bigger than their ancestors, but now possessing unusual color patterns and random patches of baldness.. Wild dogs can be dangerous in packs, but dogs can be tamed relatively easily.

(list is subject to additions)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The 4 main cities in the area are; Hope (small, poor, generally awful), Passion (The local farms are hosted here. Much more prone to attacks), Trust (The inner most city, has the best living conditions but that is not saying much. Has a security force), and Guidance (Only water supply throughout the 4 cities. Dirty water, and has carts for transport to other cities).

The Wasteland is mostly cracked soil, and flat areas. Don't expect much vegetation or clean water, which is most likely irradiated. Lots of abandoned buildings and rusted junkyards. Lots of potential for supplies but also effective shelter. Occasional dust storms make it hard to see and may hurt your eyes without protection.

Any more questions? Ask away.

BASIC GUIDELINES:

- Killing other characters has to be approved by the user who has created that character
- I don't care about swearing, but follow the forum's guidelines
- OP characters will be rejected
- At least 5 sentences per post. Be descriptive.
- You can control wildlife in your post according to your will, still keeping the "Wild" aspect. BUT, before you do something crazy, like tame a lizard (cough Junkmail cough), run it by me. I'll approve the action or reject it.
- Anything that you think might be too crazy, run it by me.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: (Middle name optional, Nickname optional)

Sex: (Male or Female)

City of Origin: (Hope, Passion, Trust, or Guidance. This should affect personality in some
way)

Personality: (Brief description)

Appearance: (Describe basic facial features, clothes, and body type. Or go ham with the details. Whatever you feel like)

Bio: (Optional)

----------------------------------

Feel free to PM me or post your character sheet here. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

IC will be up when we get at least 5 entries. Hopefully.

NOTICE: I think some of you may remember this. Link to the old thread so you can import character sheets, if you don't want to bother writing a new one and want to keep the old character, HOWEVER you may need to make small changes according to the lore; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We are starting from a clean slate.

Last edited by Tyrantlizardking on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:55 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:45 pm

My sheet will be coming soon.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Awesome. I just hope more and more people start to flow in.
Back to top Go down
InfestedThunder
Newborn
InfestedThunder

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Wow, this sounds awesome! The idea sounds similar to many dreams of mine, where in a world long ago ravaged by war, people had to coexist with giant animals, such as Hermit Crabs so big, their shells carry small forests.

Expect a sheet soon.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 9:14 pm

InfestedThunder wrote:
Wow, this sounds awesome! The idea sounds similar to many dreams of mine, where in a world long ago ravaged by war, people had to coexist with giant animals, such as Hermit Crabs so big, their shells carry small forests.

Expect a sheet soon.

That sounds like one badass hermit crab. Reminds me of the island turtle from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Back to top Go down
Midnight1999
Newborn
Midnight1999

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Oh, this seems fascinating. I'll consider it.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Quote :
like tame a lizard (cough Junkmail cough)

Boi

Jed was the original lizard tamer

And I was a bro about it to, dont put that evil on me.

How to Train Your Dragon: Fallout DLC
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 5:09 pm

JunkMail wrote:
Quote :
like tame a lizard (cough Junkmail cough)

Boi

Jed was the original lizard tamer

And I was a bro about it to, dont put that evil on me.

How to Train Your Dragon: Fallout DLC

Just messin around lol. Don't take it too personally.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 5:14 pm

I dont, it's good fam
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Well, I think I'm going to edit Mouse's sheet a little and bring her back as an older character at age 20. I think she's going to come from Passion, since I think that would suit her personality best as a background.

Also, previously, you approved of me having Mouse find an orphaned rat pup and raising it as an animal companion. The downside was she'd have to protect it while it was still too young to fend for itself. Is that still okay?
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 12:29 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Well, I think I'm going to edit Mouse's sheet a little and bring her back as an older character at age 20. I think she's going to come from Passion, since I think that would suit her personality best as a background.

Also, previously, you approved of me having Mouse find an orphaned rat pup and raising it as an animal companion. The downside was she'd have to protect it while it was still too young to fend for itself. Is that still okay?

That's fine. I can change the sheet a bit, since it is raised from birth rather than tamed from adulthood.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 12:34 am

Awesome! Then it won't be long before I get the sheet up. I just have to overhaul the bio, since the town names changed.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:40 am

Hehehe...
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:43 am

Maxx wrote:
Hehehe...

Hue Hue Hue...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:45 am

Long time, no see, buddy. How've you been?

(Might put a character in here. Not sure. The other site that I use is kinda slow as of late).
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:49 am

Maxx wrote:
Long time, no see, buddy. How've you been?

(Might put a character in here. Not sure. The other site that I use is kinda slow as of late).

Pretty good, nothing to complain about.

(You should totally put a character in here it would be pretty coolio)
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:54 am

Glad to hear! More or less the same here. College is rough, but it's still a lot of fun.

(Yeah, I'm working on somebody now. Won't finish the sheet today. Question: as far as weaponry goes, what do our characters have to work with? Are most weapons melee or do our characters have access to guns/bows/crossbows?)
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:56 am

Maxx wrote:
Glad to hear! More or less the same here. College is rough, but it's still a lot of fun.

(Yeah, I'm working on somebody now. Won't finish the sheet today. Question: as far as weaponry goes, what do our characters have to work with? Are most weapons melee or do our characters have access to guns/bows/crossbows?)

As far as Weaponry, melee is all I'd recommend starting with. Guns you can find during the actual IC but keep it sparse.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 4:28 am

Tyrantlizardking wrote:

As far as Weaponry, melee is all I'd recommend starting with. Guns you can find during the actual IC but keep it sparse.

Gotcha. Does that count for bows as well?
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 4:37 am

Maxx wrote:
Tyrantlizardking wrote:

Gotcha. Does that count for bows as well?

Let's be realistic, it's probably way more effective to make a bow rather than find one. The probability is pretty low for the latter.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Are there normal-sized dogs?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:34 pm

Oddly enough, I was going to say in Mouse's character sheet that she had Haphephobia, which I thought would be a new trait that suited her, but as it turns out, the original sheet actually listed her having a fear of being touched. All I did now was just name it.

So, anyway, to be more realistic, Mouse's new bio is that she acted as a kind of lookout on the family farm, since I figure someone running around and monitoring for a potential raid on crops in Passion would make sense, given the setting. I also changed her weapon, since the old one didn't make sense. I know you said to stick to melee, but I figure, a four-inch pocketknife would be something that even in an apocalyptic world, someone would still want to use, since they're good just for the sake of cutting rope or something along those lines.

The nice thing is that I don't even really need to change my character's personality at all. It still perfectly fits the backstory and everything.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 12:53 am

Maxx wrote:
Are there normal-sized dogs?

Added into list of Tamable Animals
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 2:07 am

Well, here's Mouse's new character sheet. The nice thing is that only the biography required any major changes.

Name: Doris ‘Mouse’ Moore
Sex: Female

Bio: Doris was born an only child in Passion, where the primary occupation, farming, allowed residents to have food, but otherwise, also plagued them with the constant fear of attacks by scavenging insects. Because of this, from a young age, Doris was trained by her parents to help on their farm by acting as a lookout for danger. Slowly walking around the outskirts of fields, Doris would keep her gaze firmly fixed on her surroundings, noting even the slightest tremors or sounds that might indicate that a centipede or something else was coming to raid the crops or attack workers. Doris’ job, once she had enough suspicion to believe something was coming, was to run to the nearest guard for the farm, and alert everyone to prepare for an attack. Although she never personally fought in any attacks, Doris was excellent at her job, and even under circumstances where extremely dangerous insects appeared, her remarkable ability to stay hidden kept her safe.

Because of the way Doris looked as she scanned her surroundings, like a mouse checking to make sure nothing larger or more dangerous was watching, and the rapid speed at which she would run to alert someone of potential threats, many of those around her began calling her by the nickname ‘Mouse’, which stuck, and Doris has often introduced herself as such. A bit antisocial, and disliking engaging in speech of any sort, Mouse was regarded as a precocious child at best and a selective mute at worst, often only talking to her family and the immediate people she worked with. When not acting as a lookout, Mouse would often gather scraps of information, typically relating to any sort of insect, but also data on reptiles, rodents, and any other creature that had grown to gigantic size and now threatened humans. Although this information was often related to their old, pre-radiation counterparts, Mouse learned that much of their data could still apply to the gigantic creatures that now existed, and incorporated this into her identification techniques.

Mouse is an unfortunate person, as she has been called for a raffle to act as a scavenger for resources not once, but twice in her lifetime. At the age of sixteen, Mouse’s name was called, and even though it was possible for someone else who was also within the eligible age range to take her place, no one, not even close friends, was willing to protect her. In fact, they avoided her, and it was clear that they had decided Mouse would not survive, long before she even left for the surface. When she acted as a scavenger, Mouse was able to return in one piece, but not unscathed.

Barely escaping with her life after an accidental brush with a line of giant ants, and nearly being devoured by an ant lion, Mouse returned, heavily disfigured by scars. In addition to these injuries, Mouse was traumatized, and has also developed an extremely cruel view of humanity as a whole. Despite her normally quiet nature, she is reputed for her scathing remarks towards people who dismiss the dangers faced by scavengers, and was also known for outright antagonism towards those who claimed they would volunteer to go in someone else’s place outside of the real event. In Mouse’s eyes, many people were nothing but talk, and have nothing to back their words.

Becoming a recluse after surviving her first raffle, Mouse continued her job as a farm lookout, but began isolating herself outside of this activity. She continued performing research on insects, as she always had, and, paranoid, also began dressing in the same way that she had concluded would be safest if a giant insect were to appear. She developed a severe case Haphephobia in response to the people initially wishing to see her face and examine scars after she returned, oblivious to the pain she had suffered, and became extremely distressed when anyone approached as if to touch her. She rejected all of her old friends, referring to them as liars and traitors, and spent much of her time never speaking to anyone.

Now, at age twenty, Mouse has been selected once again, and, knowing what kind of world she will now be entering, she has every intention of surviving, regardless of the number of people who have said she will not return.

Personality: Her entire life, Mouse has always been extremely quiet, and never really speaks unless spoken to. In addition, she generally gives off an aura that gives others the impression that she is reluctant to speak, and therefore, few people approach her, or feel comfortable trying to talk to her. This unsettling aspect, along with her choice of dress, may have an adverse effect for those who are curious, however, as some may find her fantastically interesting, which may lead Mouse to the conclusion that those who ask her questions are naïve and not meant for scavenging in the wastelands.

Clever, generally calm, and being unaffected by horrible sights such as predators killing or feeding on their prey, she is not squeamish about scavenging her own food from fresh carcasses left out in the sun, but seems to have an intense fear of the blood and bodily fluids of other human beings. Although she has been wounded and hurt in the past, she seems to have a more intense fear of contracting illness, and also dislikes any human touching her on any part of her body, even her hands, regardless if it is bare skin or through clothing, a strong indicator that she suffers from Haphephobia. Whenever injured, she treats her own wounds, and behaves in a threatening manner towards anyone who gets close, hating the idea of being touched for any reason. She prefers to flee to some dark, hidden place to recover, safe from predators and other people.

Reclusive, yet patient, she prefers to avoid the presence of others in most situations, due to the possibility of them endangering her own safety, but at the same time, has a tendency to quickly grow to like most people, as she often sees the best in them, even if she doesn’t want to and tries to focus on their faults or shortcomings. She tries to avoid first encounters or conversations with other scavengers, as she fears that she may feel compelled to assist someone if she grows attached. Worst of all about this aspect of herself, is that she always seems to like the people that are the most likely to get themselves killed (the naïve ones that ask questions, and the first-timers), and feels like she has to stay near them to keep them safe. Although she’s considerably skilled with just her pocket-knife, a good-quality blade approximately four inches in length, she doesn’t enjoy having to fight, and prefers to take precautions so as to go unnoticed by the dangerous beasts that roam the desert, some of which are too heavily-armored to even be harmed by her weapon.

Appearance: Due to the disfiguring scarring of her body that resulted from her near-death encounters in her previous visit to the surface, as well as the fact that humans don’t blend well with the surrounding environment, Mouse wears clothing that covers as much of her body as possible, both for the sake of hiding her past injuries, and keeping her safe from the compound eyes of certain mutant predators. Her clothing largely seems to resemble that of someone residing in the Sahara Desert, only with a different color choice.

Mouse wears a tan-grey-colored tagelmust (A type of headscarf) made from a rough fabric that winds around her head and covers most of her features, including the lower half of her face, leaving only her eyes and the surrounding skin visible. The garment covers her neck, and a taper like a scarf that would have normally trailed down her front is hacked off and sewn, to prevent it from fluttering in the wind or unraveling. She wears a rough shirt made from burlap-like fabric with long sleeves that is only slightly paler than the cloth worn over her head, and near identical in color. The sleeves, which drape down, cover her wrists and the lower part of her hands. On her hands Mouse wears well-fitting fingerless grey leather gloves that end just past her wrists, leaving only her fingers and thumbs visible. Due to the risk of restricting movement, Mouse wears rough pants that closely match the overall tan-grey color of her shirt and head coverings.

Mouse covers her feet with grey moccasins with no ornamentation whatsoever that have flaps to protect the ankles, allowing her to mold her feet more easily to whatever kind of terrain she is moving on. She wears a grey burlap-like satchel so that the strap goes across her chest and the containment part itself rests snugly on her right hip. The satchel is mostly unornamented, but well made, and has a square shape, with a large pocket on the front that folds over and buttons. Inside the satchel Mouse carries her canteen, and a metal tin wrapped in a fabric pouch meant to muffle sounds produced by the metal.

In regards to physical features not related to clothing, most of Mouse’s features are seldom seen, save for her fingers, thumbs, and the area that her tagelmust does not cover, which is her eyes, and a small portion of the upper part of her nose. What people can tell is that she has a thin, hourglass-shaped body, and that she appears to have an oblong-oval-shaped face, and a skin tone that is surprisingly fair, suggesting that she may also wear her clothing to avoid extreme exposure to harsh sunlight, as she may burn easily.

Her eyes are roundish-almond shapes, with long, dark eyelashes, and irises that are such a deep shade of brown that they are almost black. Her eyebrows, relatively thick and properly shaped, look shaggy due to the long length of the individual hairs, and give the impression that Mouse’s hair is a dark brunette color. A few pale, slash-like scars are visible, one that seems to stretch across her entire face, beginning perhaps around her left cheek or chin, and then going up over her nose and out of sight above her right eye. She also has a slash coming directly to the side that tapers off next to the right side of her nose, and a mark that runs down from her forehead to end just above her brow ridge on the left side. Her finger and thumbnails are extremely short, having been picked short, but leaving just enough of a ragged edge where they could probably be used to claw something. They are nowhere near long enough to interfere with work, however. Although a few dark, wavy brown strands are visible on occasion, her actual hair length is mostly impossible to determine.

Mouse speaks with a lower-pitch soprano voice with a notable rasp to it, and though her typical speech is deeper than what most speak with, her pitch can sometimes change to a much higher one if she is stressing a point or adding variation, making her voice very distinct. Mouse, however, does not like talking, and thus, her voice is not heard often.

Other: Ew Spiders

EDIT: Just reading over the sheet, I know about the canteen, but as for the metal tin, if there was something plot-related I had an idea for in the past, I have no clue what's in the tin. A first-aid set of bandages, maybe? Some rubbing alcohol? I don't remember. I just know that neither the new sheet nor the old one lists what's in that tin.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 2:27 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Well, here's Mouse's new character sheet. The nice thing is that only the biography required any major changes.

Name: Doris ‘Mouse’ Moore
Sex: Female

Bio: Doris was born an only child in Passion, where the primary occupation, farming, allowed residents to have food, but otherwise, also plagued them with the constant fear of attacks by scavenging insects. Because of this, from a young age, Doris was trained by her parents to help on their farm by acting as a lookout for danger. Slowly walking around the outskirts of fields, Doris would keep her gaze firmly fixed on her surroundings, noting even the slightest tremors or sounds that might indicate that a centipede or something else was coming to raid the crops or attack workers. Doris’ job, once she had enough suspicion to believe something was coming, was to run to the nearest guard for the farm, and alert everyone to prepare for an attack. Although she never personally fought in any attacks, Doris was excellent at her job, and even under circumstances where extremely dangerous insects appeared, her remarkable ability to stay hidden kept her safe.

Because of the way Doris looked as she scanned her surroundings, like a mouse checking to make sure nothing larger or more dangerous was watching, and the rapid speed at which she would run to alert someone of potential threats, many of those around her began calling her by the nickname ‘Mouse’, which stuck, and Doris has often introduced herself as such. A bit antisocial, and disliking engaging in speech of any sort, Mouse was regarded as a precocious child at best and a selective mute at worst, often only talking to her family and the immediate people she worked with. When not acting as a lookout, Mouse would often gather scraps of information, typically relating to any sort of insect, but also data on reptiles, rodents, and any other creature that had grown to gigantic size and now threatened humans. Although this information was often related to their old, pre-radiation counterparts, Mouse learned that much of their data could still apply to the gigantic creatures that now existed, and incorporated this into her identification techniques.

Mouse is an unfortunate person, as she has been called for a raffle to act as a scavenger for resources not once, but twice in her lifetime. At the age of sixteen, Mouse’s name was called, and even though it was possible for someone else who was also within the eligible age range to take her place, no one, not even close friends, was willing to protect her. In fact, they avoided her, and it was clear that they had decided Mouse would not survive, long before she even left for the surface. When she acted as a scavenger, Mouse was able to return in one piece, but not unscathed.

Barely escaping with her life after an accidental brush with a line of giant ants, and nearly being devoured by an ant lion, Mouse returned, heavily disfigured by scars. In addition to these injuries, Mouse was traumatized, and has also developed an extremely cruel view of humanity as a whole. Despite her normally quiet nature, she is reputed for her scathing remarks towards people who dismiss the dangers faced by scavengers, and was also known for outright antagonism towards those who claimed they would volunteer to go in someone else’s place outside of the real event. In Mouse’s eyes, many people were nothing but talk, and have nothing to back their words.

Becoming a recluse after surviving her first raffle, Mouse continued her job as a farm lookout, but began isolating herself outside of this activity. She continued performing research on insects, as she always had, and, paranoid, also began dressing in the same way that she had concluded would be safest if a giant insect were to appear. She developed a severe case Haphephobia in response to the people initially wishing to see her face and examine scars after she returned, oblivious to the pain she had suffered, and became extremely distressed when anyone approached as if to touch her. She rejected all of her old friends, referring to them as liars and traitors, and spent much of her time never speaking to anyone.

Now, at age twenty, Mouse has been selected once again, and, knowing what kind of world she will now be entering, she has every intention of surviving, regardless of the number of people who have said she will not return.

Personality: Her entire life, Mouse has always been extremely quiet, and never really speaks unless spoken to. In addition, she generally gives off an aura that gives others the impression that she is reluctant to speak, and therefore, few people approach her, or feel comfortable trying to talk to her. This unsettling aspect, along with her choice of dress, may have an adverse effect for those who are curious, however, as some may find her fantastically interesting, which may lead Mouse to the conclusion that those who ask her questions are naïve and not meant for scavenging in the wastelands.

Clever, generally calm, and being unaffected by horrible sights such as predators killing or feeding on their prey, she is not squeamish about scavenging her own food from fresh carcasses left out in the sun, but seems to have an intense fear of the blood and bodily fluids of other human beings. Although she has been wounded and hurt in the past, she seems to have a more intense fear of contracting illness, and also dislikes any human touching her on any part of her body, even her hands, regardless if it is bare skin or through clothing, a strong indicator that she suffers from Haphephobia. Whenever injured, she treats her own wounds, and behaves in a threatening manner towards anyone who gets close, hating the idea of being touched for any reason. She prefers to flee to some dark, hidden place to recover, safe from predators and other people.

Reclusive, yet patient, she prefers to avoid the presence of others in most situations, due to the possibility of them endangering her own safety, but at the same time, has a tendency to quickly grow to like most people, as she often sees the best in them, even if she doesn’t want to and tries to focus on their faults or shortcomings. She tries to avoid first encounters or conversations with other scavengers, as she fears that she may feel compelled to assist someone if she grows attached. Worst of all about this aspect of herself, is that she always seems to like the people that are the most likely to get themselves killed (the naïve ones that ask questions, and the first-timers), and feels like she has to stay near them to keep them safe. Although she’s considerably skilled with just her pocket-knife, a good-quality blade approximately four inches in length, she doesn’t enjoy having to fight, and prefers to take precautions so as to go unnoticed by the dangerous beasts that roam the desert, some of which are too heavily-armored to even be harmed by her weapon.

Appearance: Due to the disfiguring scarring of her body that resulted from her near-death encounters in her previous visit to the surface, as well as the fact that humans don’t blend well with the surrounding environment, Mouse wears clothing that covers as much of her body as possible, both for the sake of hiding her past injuries, and keeping her safe from the compound eyes of certain mutant predators. Her clothing largely seems to resemble that of someone residing in the Sahara Desert, only with a different color choice.

Mouse wears a tan-grey-colored tagelmust (A type of headscarf) made from a rough fabric that winds around her head and covers most of her features, including the lower half of her face, leaving only her eyes and the surrounding skin visible. The garment covers her neck, and a taper like a scarf that would have normally trailed down her front is hacked off and sewn, to prevent it from fluttering in the wind or unraveling. She wears a rough shirt made from burlap-like fabric with long sleeves that is only slightly paler than the cloth worn over her head, and near identical in color. The sleeves, which drape down, cover her wrists and the lower part of her hands. On her hands Mouse wears well-fitting fingerless grey leather gloves that end just past her wrists, leaving only her fingers and thumbs visible. Due to the risk of restricting movement, Mouse wears rough pants that closely match the overall tan-grey color of her shirt and head coverings.

Mouse covers her feet with grey moccasins with no ornamentation whatsoever that have flaps to protect the ankles, allowing her to mold her feet more easily to whatever kind of terrain she is moving on. She wears a grey burlap-like satchel so that the strap goes across her chest and the containment part itself rests snugly on her right hip. The satchel is mostly unornamented, but well made, and has a square shape, with a large pocket on the front that folds over and buttons. Inside the satchel Mouse carries her canteen, and a metal tin wrapped in a fabric pouch meant to muffle sounds produced by the metal.

In regards to physical features not related to clothing, most of Mouse’s features are seldom seen, save for her fingers, thumbs, and the area that her tagelmust does not cover, which is her eyes, and a small portion of the upper part of her nose. What people can tell is that she has a thin, hourglass-shaped body, and that she appears to have an oblong-oval-shaped face, and a skin tone that is surprisingly fair, suggesting that she may also wear her clothing to avoid extreme exposure to harsh sunlight, as she may burn easily.

Her eyes are roundish-almond shapes, with long, dark eyelashes, and irises that are such a deep shade of brown that they are almost black. Her eyebrows, relatively thick and properly shaped, look shaggy due to the long length of the individual hairs, and give the impression that Mouse’s hair is a dark brunette color. A few pale, slash-like scars are visible, one that seems to stretch across her entire face, beginning perhaps around her left cheek or chin, and then going up over her nose and out of sight above her right eye. She also has a slash coming directly to the side that tapers off next to the right side of her nose, and a mark that runs down from her forehead to end just above her brow ridge on the left side. Her finger and thumbnails are extremely short, having been picked short, but leaving just enough of a ragged edge where they could probably be used to claw something. They are nowhere near long enough to interfere with work, however. Although a few dark, wavy brown strands are visible on occasion, her actual hair length is mostly impossible to determine.

Mouse speaks with a lower-pitch soprano voice with a notable rasp to it, and though her typical speech is deeper than what most speak with, her pitch can sometimes change to a much higher one if she is stressing a point or adding variation, making her voice very distinct. Mouse, however, does not like talking, and thus, her voice is not heard often.

Other: Ew Spiders

EDIT: Just reading over the sheet, I know about the canteen, but as for the metal tin, if there was something plot-related I had an idea for in the past, I have no clue what's in the tin. A first-aid set of bandages, maybe? Some rubbing alcohol? I don't remember. I just know that neither the new sheet nor the old one lists what's in that tin.

Bravo, very descriptive and detailed. Accepted. I like the throwback to the old thread with the "Other" section lol.

Also, I have no idea what's in the tin so don't ask me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exoskeleton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton   Exoskeleton Empty

Back to top Go down

Exoskeleton
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next