Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Coaran jetted down from the skies and landed in front of them. The other bat creatures remained in the sky, but two more came down with him. He had spotted them. They looked like other powerful elementals, Slayers or Immortal--one of the two he suspected.

"Hello there elementals" he said. "Exactly what brings you to this side of the realm this time of night?" he asked holding one of his clawed hands up in a gesture to the star filled skies.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Pyrena didn't like the looks of this creature. She could see the tainted magic coming off of him in waves, and knew that the situation was very dangerous. "Well, I don't think my friend is an elemental, but if you wish to know why we're out so late, the sky always looks like night time near the Fiery Fields. It could be daylight in another location, but I can't say that's easy to determine." Her voice was incredibly calm, although she was beginning to seethe with rage on the inside. These creatures weren't natural, they didn't come from any place she knew of. "That's aside from the point, though. The Moons have changed in some way that's impacting the oceans and volcanoes. The one closest to us used to be my home, but is planning on erupting three years ahead of schedule. I also suspect that there will be several coasts that will soon cease to exist, as the oceans are surely affected as well." Pyrena felt a little bit crazy, seeing as she was speaking casually to something that was most likely hostile.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:00 pm

"Yesssssssssssss" Coaran said with a menacing his from his snout. "The moons have summoned the great Celestials to the land for the great LORD MALLIS to use to his glorious disposal. Now the entire realm will crumble from within his most powerful claws! All shall be ours! Now tell me Immortal, where are you hiding the Elders?" he asked folding his arms over each other. The winged parts of his arms waved down in front of him.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Pyrena frowned, these creatures were definitely hostile, but whoever they meant by Elders, she was at a loss. "I'm sorry, sir, but even though I probably should know what you're talking about, I don't know who Lord Mallis is, or who the Elders are. My best guess would be in an area with a lot of white magic in it, but I don't even know any locations like that." She was genuinely puzzled, but began to tense, aware that he would probably not believe her, "Sir, I know you might not believe me, but I don't believe it is right to lie. My parents died when I was very young, so no other Elemental was present to educate me. I must also, in all honesty, warn you that the volcano, since the Moons are acting even more strangely than before, is rapidly building pressure. I can't prevent the eruption if it occurs."
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 pm

"She's. correct sir. And niether do I was know knowage as to where these Elders are, or even who they are. I'm not even from here. I'm from a few land over. I pray that you do heed our warning and leave hear now"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 pm

"LIES!" Choaran said turning a cold shoulder to Pyrena. Then he turned back after a moment of pause. "Did you say you did not know who Lord Mallis is? FOOL! He is the great and powerful new EMPEROR or Keros! All shall bow before him!" he stated spreading his arms out.

"I fear not your ghastly volcanic home! Come with us now to see Lord Mallis and perhaps I'll believe you more" he added.

He thought this was the perfect opportunity to capture an elemental. One without power or education! It would be so easy to haul it away for Lord Mallis to consume.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 pm

"If she goes I follow! I said I'd help her and by the gods I will! Now believe me when I say we know nothing!"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 pm

"Help her what?" Coaran eyed this second figure maliciously. "You two will be questioned... under the name of the High Darkness. May Lord Mallis find mercy on the both of you..." he said.

Two more of the bat-like creatures landed onto the ground. "Tell me what I want to know now or I shall arrest the both of you in the name of Lord Mallis--great conqueror and destroyer of Keros!"
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Clearly this guy only wanted to hear what he wanted. Perhaps he could lie, or even make something up, but that would only lead to problems later when they were found out.

"Take us if you have to but we still know nothing. Any examination by anyone will you that! "
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Pyrena shot Ryiner a glare. He was making things worse. She then turned to look at the stranger, "Sir, I am sorry to say that I don't believe you're honest at all. You seem like the sort to snare us in a dirty trick for your own gain. I am positive that you intend to take us prisoner regardless of what we say, and that you probably think that we aren't a threat." Her eyes narrowed, and she produced a reptilian hiss, her cobra hood flaring out, "I might not know of certain things, but my parents did once tell me this, anyone who calls someone a fool, is a fool himself. Do you honestly think that I will let you take me prisoner willingly? Do you think I will go down easily? Don't flatter yourself, I'm more dangerous than I seem." She began to glow, red-hot, and the ground beneath her feet began to steam up. "I don't know who you are, but a ruler who destroys his kingdom is no ruler of mine. I will not concede defeat, and anyone who does so has made a grave mistake. You reek of dark magic, and I will not go with you."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 pm

"WHAT?" Coaran shouted, a booming vibration thumped the ground. His voice sounded warped. "You will go with me, or you will die! Be thankful I even gave you the first choice! You're Immortals! You are lying to me! You know where the Elders are!" he looked around at his fellow allies.

"ARREST THEM!!" he shouted. But suddenly he exploded with a glare of blue light and several flashes of blue shot at the other winged horrors and they were soon destroyed. Several eagle-like figures coated in wings all flew down from the sky and stood in front of Ryinder and Pyrena. They had the heads of birds and long metallic beaks.

"Are you Immortals?" the leader, the tallest and most muscular, said.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Pyrena hissed, but allowed her anger to subside, seeing as these creatures had just saved her and Ryiner from what could have been a fatal battle. "I am a Fire Elemental, and am therefore an immortal creature, although I am not sure what the proper definition is." She said, allowing herself to calm down, "Thank you for saving us. That could have been a very bad accident, on my part, but they were about to take us prisoner."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:38 pm

"Slayer, Immortal, Elemental, it's all the same thing. A better name would be Guardian. For we guard Keros" said the tall and mighty white bird man standing in front of them.

"Yes, those were the foul and ill-tempered minions of Mallis, said to be a destroyer of worlds... Just as of this hour he attacked the Altar of the Celestials and brought back the old rulers of Keros to life. We've gotten word that he's now in he Enchanted Forest after the Blessed Pond, we suspect that's what he's after anyways... what did they say to you, the creatures?"
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Pyrena frowned, "He first asked us if we were Elementals, and I replied that I was, but my friend is not. They then accused us of hiding the location of the Elders. I'm not sure who they are, but the creatures seemed to think we knew. When we continued to say that we weren't lying, and that we had no idea who they were talking about, they threatened us, stating that they would arrest us and interrogate us. By that point, I knew that they meant us harm, regardless. He called me a fool for not knowing who Mallis was, and you could see it pretty plainly, that he was going to take me to his master, and that something awful would happen if I allowed it. I just told them, that if they tried to take us prisoner, I wouldn't go down without a fight. Then the leader ranted, gave the orders to arrest us, and then you came and stopped them. Foul and ill-tempered certainly defined them."

Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 pm

At the mention of the Elders the leader, Daranus took a glance to the female bird person sanding next to him. She returned the grave glance.

Daranus looked back at Pyrena. "Indeed... For the good of the both of you, I suggest you either come with us or leave this area for tonight. The Darkness seems to be gathering above the old village and moving this way. It is to overwhelming to take on alone. It could be very dangerous if you remained here" he said.

At that point he pointed to the sky and four of his companions took off into the air with three remaining. Lowering his arm he continued.

"I have to go to the Enchanted Forest" he told the two next to him. "Anyone who want to come with me is welcome to. But it will be dangerous..." he looked back up at the Darkness and at Pyrena. "It's moving much faster this way, now that it senses some of its children have been harmed, we should leave"
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 am

The situation was more grave than he thought. And if this man was right soon they'd be in dAnger either way.

"
I believe it would be best to go with you sir. I'm not sure of what's going on and I'd rather be with someone who does know. And a bit of action would be nice. I'm speaking for myself However. I'd prefer for her to come but it's up to her to decide that of course"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:23 am

The birdman nodded. "And you ma'am?" he asked.

The bird people began flying up into the air, as a cloud of darkness parted and soared towards them they fired bolts of magic at it and it quickly fell apart but was quickly replaced in the heart peace.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:33 am

Pyrena nodded, "I'll come. I was trying to leave the volcano so I wouldn't be affected by the eruption." She wasn't really willing to fight the Darkness alone, "Plus, I also have with me Elemental Artifacts, so they can be of use, if we ever find an Immortal that fits the requirements to wield them." She had the book in one arm, and the red bag tied around her neck. It was clear what elements each bag represented.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:07 am

"I've got some of them on me as well. I was helping her carry them. That's why I'm here I the first place. I'm not entily ire witch elemental type they represent. She'll know better than I."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:17 am

Pyrena frowned, "Well, I'm carrying my own artifacts meant for Fire Elementals, and you're carrying the ones that belonged to my parents. The green one is my mother's, and is meant for Earth Elementals, and the other belonged to my father, who was a Lightning Elemental." Her frown deepened, "Don't ask how I turned out to be a Fire Elemental. I said we were rarely born, and I'm not sure how it works."
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 am

"Some things aren't meant to be know but those who don't control it. Only the Gods need to have such knowledge. My own kind abandons its young once they're old enough to fend for themselves. I only know this because I have a few vague memories of my parents. Now enough dwelling in the past. How long till we head to the Enchanted Forest?"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:11 pm

"We must leave now--Immediately" said Daranus. "If you cannot come to the battle you'll have to stay at the Secret Temple. Can you fly?" he asked, looking at the both of them.

Suddenly a blast shot from the Darkness and hit the ground over near the village. A huge piece of earth erupted and exploded and a booming noise went throughout. A scream of giants came from the Darkness and bat-like creatures emerged from it.

Daranus looked back at them. His face was grave.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:30 pm

"The people of the village should have evacuated by now, don't worry, they're resourceful, they'll get away." Pyrena said. "As for flying, I can fly, but my friend can't." With this, she shifted into her beast form, her wings opening, "We'll have to improvise. Ryiner, get on my back, and hold on tightly." She pawed the ground with a hoof, and snorted a wisp of flame. She looked every bit like a war horse ready for battle. Of course, war horses weren't burning reptilian creatures that breathed fire.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:28 am

The Enchanted Forest

Screams ripped through the coming darkness as the minions fell. Many were instantly incinerated by the forest's powerful spells, but the ones that did hit the ground began to destroy everything. The elves were not ready for a fight, and so retreated into the deeper parts of the forest, where the powerful magic blocked the minions' entrance.

Meanwhile, an earthshaking roar echoed through the trees and the sky was lit a burning orange as a flaming chariot pulled by two winged lions descended into the forest. Riding on the chariot was a pretty red-headed elf with a hint of insanity in her eye; Agareth the Bloodchiller.

The chariot soared through the treetops, lighting forest fires. Some of the ents rose at this point, and began to swipe at the woman, only to find themselves lit ablaze in a massive, red inferno that seemed to have a life of its own; fiendfyre. The fire tore through the outer layers of the forest, instantly evaporating both elf and minion alike, leaving no survivors. Not one tree lived in the swath that she blasted, which is why it is called "the Ashwood" to this day. The insane witch rallied the minions with a fiery roar from her steeds, and began to make a B-line towards the center of the forest, her strong winged beasts easily shattering a dozen curses as they invaded the middle tier of the forest, where the most elves lived. The elves simply ran when they say the army of darkness approach, about half of them escaping to the middle of the forest, which's curses were too strong for Agareth to shatter. The other half...well, they weren't so lucky. All of the elves were immediately stricken down by Agareth and consumed in fire. She opened the palm of her hand, and a reflective, fiery orange orb appeared. She looked into the orb, and used it to speak to Mallis.

"The forest is under siege. We have reached the middle tier. By sundown tomorrow, I'll have broken the curses surrounding the Pool".
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:09 am

When she finished changing once again he hopped up upon her back, thankful that he was fireproof.otherwise he'd be dead already. It took him a second to find a good hand hold so he wouldn't fall off. Once he was ready he let them know it.

"Alright Pyrena I'm ready to travel. Sorry if my hold is a bit painfull, but I'd rather not fall off. And besides I'm sure you can handle it. You did quite well earlier."

(I'm soooo sorry guys. I've been super busy and this thing didn't update for days. So I kinda forgot about it for awhile.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions   Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keros Divided (IC): Eruptions
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next