Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (OOC)

Go down 
+4
MataRahi
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Derkal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:08 am

To be honest I love sad fantasy stories, I really do. I like to see characters go out with a bang and live tragic, amazing tales in their lives.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:12 am

I know, I like tragic characters, but I like them accepting what happened and moving on to live happier lives.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:16 am

Indeed.

However the characters that keep getting stuck in the past make really good future bad guys. Very Happy

EDIT: I actually wasn't planning on killing Jali, just having him injured. Lemme go read through and see if I am able to bring him back in, perhaps the crocs didn't eat him too bad.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Op, I'm going to slightly edit your post so that I can still keep Jali. I think I'll have Star die in the battle and Jali live to take his place as leader.

Everyone will think Jali is dead but they'll be surprised when he makes an appearance.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Awesome! Maybe he'll run into the cheetahs or the Brushland Clan. I can actually send Tabari the Jackal to help him, if you want. Tabari will smell Zanita on his fur, and help him, if you want.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Yeah, that sounds perfect.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 pm

'Kay. Tabari is a Jackal, so most lions, cheetahs, and hyenas won't like him. Jackals bark at them and make it hard to kill any prey, because Jackals warn them.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:48 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
'Kay. Tabari is a Jackal, so most lions, cheetahs, and hyenas won't like him. Jackals bark at them and make it hard to kill any prey, because Jackals warn them.

I thought Jackals were north African animals...
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 pm

No, I might not be an expert on African Animals but I've watched several Kenya documentaries that featured Jackals.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 pm

Lots of Jackals, and yes, they do ruin hunts for lions and such. They start barking and warn the antelopes or whatever the predator is hunting.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Why would they do that! aren't they scavengers? If the lions do kill the antelopes, they get what's left.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Not quite, Jackals actually watch the kill happen. Basically, predator gets annoyed, tells the jackal to shoo, and then the jackal decides to argue, and warns the prey.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Dark, just remember that Jali was bitten anf slammed on the ground by Gustave several times. His leg could very well be beyond healing again, and could get infected. Other than that, he can use the information about how the pack made a truce with te crocodiles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Well, if a survival is meant to be a miracle, then it'll heal eventually. His leg is unlikely to heal properly, to begin with. it's not like the hyenas in the Brushland Clan can fasten a splint or cast.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:39 pm

I edited your post Op to make the attack less fatal. Also, please ask before you completely kill one of my characters again, I had originally planned for Jali to escape in the first place, thank you.

I'm working on a banner for the threads. I found an absolute perfect picture for it.

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 120781-1469x1109

Just trying to figure out how to size it correctly. Still learning how to use the GIMP editor.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Then please let me know not to kill before you push your own character off a cliff into a lake full of crocodiles so I know not to bring Gustave in.

Seriously, thats a but unfair to me when you do that. The OOC's here for planning.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:45 pm

I thought the part about him crawling up onto the shore and getting away was pretty obvious Nick.
If I wanted him to have died I would have told you.

Last edited by DarkLord999 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Just tinker with the program. That's what I do.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 pm

DarkLord999 wrote:
I thought the part about him crawling up onto the shore and getting away was pretty obvious Nick.
If I wanted him to have died I would have told you.

That whole post is irellavent because you posted that a whole PAGE after I made the post of Gustave attacking Jali.

DarkLord999 wrote:
Drula laughed as the lion had fallen. Jali was now food to Gustave. "I never thought he'd be that foolish" said Saber. "Such a pity for them..."
Scar laughed and cackled, she grunted and snorted with triumph and amusement. The hyenas began to gather around the banks of the river to watch what would happen with the lion and the croc.

That line from YOUR post is virtually ASKING me to attack.

Sorry Darklord, but this one's on you.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 pm

The food part was practically a metaphor. Nick.

Quote :
The hyenas began to gather around the banks of the river to watch what would happen with the lion and the croc

I never said once that he was going to die, and if I did I would have used other crocodiles as Drula had been speaking with Gustave. Either way, what's done is done. Take a chill-pill, Op.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Look, I'm not going to argue about this anymore. Because it's really not worth my time.

I'm going to go play Xbox with my brother, so I wont be online for a little bit.

Bye.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 pm

You're the only one arguing. You're the only one getting upset because you can't go around and kill off everyone's characters. I'm sitting here trying to have a good time. Goodbye.

Anyways, I think I have the size worked out so I'll try uploading it to PB and see how it does.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Who said I was getting upset?

Moderators are supposed to have thick skin, and I dont anger easily. I just didn't want to run the chance of it getting out of hand, and my brother was waiting for me.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Grox, I saw the argument, and looked over the past few pages of OOC. You didn't really give Operator or me much of a warning. I was pretty convinced Jali was dead when he was tossed to the crocodiles. You have to give more of a warning, next time, because if you don't, people will really assume that you want the character to die.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 am

Grox, I'm sorry, but I'm on Operator's side here. If a lion falls into a pit of Nile Crocodiles, he will die, no matter what. Having Jali fall into a lake full of crocs was a death sentence. he should at least be mortally wounded, if not dead. We need to be more realistic.

If you want him to live, I can have Hasira and the hippos intercede and Hasira can rescue him, but if not, he should either die or be very badly injured. You don't walk away from something like that.

Also, i know you're the boss and I respect your authority 100%, but editing somebody's IC post is a bit low in my opinion. You really should ask the person to edit it themselves. You can mess with someone's writing style and make their writing seem inconsistent. I remember when I got banned from the sporum for a day and God-Mod took over Agent MYRE in Ultra's Place. She used the word "and" at least five times in the same sentence. I was effectively insulted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (OOC)
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next