Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pit Fighter OOC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Pit Fighter OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Pit Fighter OOC    Pit Fighter OOC  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:56 am

Inspired by Gladiator, questionably the greatest movie ever made.

"If you find yourself riding through a green field with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!"
-Russel Crowe, Gladiator

"Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back."
-Marcus Aurelius

It is said that the heart of the kingdom of Nex is not the cold marble floors of the senate, but the sands of the Coliseum; the place where real men fight, to entertain the people; to entertain a mob. The white sands of the coliseum are normally dyed red with blood from the wounds of fallen heroes at the whims of a mob and their pack leader the emperor. Every day, men die at the hands of both man and beast, for the enjoyment of the almighty mob that is Nex. Every weekend, brave heroes, stolen from their homelands, are thrown into the ancient stone ring and are forced to square off against the most fearsome and terrible of monsters; beasts brought from the deepest, darkest depths of the world, trained to kill anything in sight, just to appease a mob. I would know because I am one of these warriors; my name is Maximus, and I am a gladiator. I am the only undefeated gladiator in Nexian history. My life is the ring. Killing brings me my bread and my wine, and so I do it, and do it well. No beast, man or monster, has ever defeated me, and I'd like to keep it that way. I have been doing this a long time, ever since I was a young man, when I was stolen from my mother by Nexian slave drivers and thrown into the ring against the most fearsome of beasts to ever walk the dusty, forbidden Earth. You, well you are one of the new recruits, stolen from your homes just like me, and tossed into the ring against monsters that you thought only existed in fairy tales and old men's campfire legends. It will be heard at first, the fine art of killing, but you will get used to it or die a monster's supper. Some day, hopefully, if you play your cards right, you will be just like me; an imprisoned champion; a chained hero, loved by the mob that is Nex. But, until then, just keep your head down, don't get killed, and follow these rules:

rule number one: Never show fear. Monster and men alike feed off of your fear.
rule number two: you are not a god, nor ar you a beast. Don't act like either. (no god-modding or meta gaming)
rule number three: try to at least act educated (this is a literate roleplay. Please post at least a full paragraph every post, but don't overdo it with needless dialogue)
rule number four: You are a slave, not the king. If the king tells you to fight, take my advice; do it. Being the Nemian Lion's dinner is a lot better than what the king will do to you if you refuse to fight. (if I put your character in a fight, it's not because I hate you, but because I randomly picked you. Fight or you will "disappear" from the roleplay)
rule number five: Profanity is allowed, but if every second word out of your mouth is F*** this and F*** that, I will not hesitate to cut your tongue out and feed it to the Basilisk. Also, if you read these rules, put the word gladius in the other section of your sheet.
rule number six: No offense, but I don't want to watch you sit in the corner of the bunkhouse and do bad things with your girlfriend no matter how hot she is. (no sex. if you wanna write literotica, use your pms)
rule number seven: If you find yourself riding through a green field with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!" (there is a good chance that your character will die. Don't be a baby and cry about it).
rule number seven: if you are a new gladiator, you will wait until the next gladiators are delivered monthly. (if your character dies so my make a backup, wait to post until I say so)
rule number eight: We are in the time of the ancient Romans and Greeks. Whatever the hell a gun is, don't use one. (no advanced weaponry. If the Greeks didn't have it, then you don't use it. And no, you cannot use greek fire).

the character sheet

name: (something greek or roman please)

appearance: (you are a gladiator in ancient Nex (ROme), your daily clothing is rags and you fight wearing armor. You may describe your armor and make it look cool, but jeans haven't been invented yet, neither have hoodies)

personality: (try not to bee too weird)

history (optional): (tell your character's story)

weapons: (keep to the times or Maximus Toronus will cut you into little tiny pieces. if you're using a picture, keep it to links)

other:
Back to top Go down

Pit Fighter OOC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: