Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What To Do With Old Threads

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

What To Do With Old Threads Empty
PostSubject: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Well this isn't something nessisary, but I feel we need to do something with all these dead threads we has. I understand all forums have them, but i feel we need to either lock them or delete them. I have two reasons for this seggestion.

One is they simply bug me. I come back from break from the forum and i have to dig through al the threads to see witchs ones died while i was gone. Or see new ones that started and died while i was gone.

Second. They are a target for trolls who like to Necro old threads. I noticed this back when i was on the Sporum and in a few other Forums I've been a part of other than Roleplex and RG. Not that we have a problem with Trolls........ just saying.

that's all.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Not a bad idea, but I see a problem with this...

What if someone deletes a thread they presume to be dead, but is in fact just in stasis?
A lot of story could be accidentally thrown away. :/
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 pm

I have a better idea. For dead threads or whatever we have GL, Vipes or Operator make a special section for dead ICs and OOCs and move them there. Then they'd be out of everyone's hair. Then the people who still might have use for them (like me) can still view and get information out of them.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 pm

I like that idea. i like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 pm

New Supplice wrote:
I have a better idea. For dead threads or whatever we have GL, Vipes or Operator make a special section for dead ICs and OOCs and move them there. Then they'd be out of everyone's hair. Then the people who still might have use for them (like me) can still view and get information out of them.

You have prayed to your god, and your god has acted.

Now, brand new to everyone out there, is the "Inactive section". It's all there folks. Want some nostalgia? Go and read over some of your old RPs! Want to resurrect one? Talks to me or anyone else with power!

Last edited by TheOperator on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 pm

TheOperator wrote:
New Supplice wrote:

You have prayed to your god, and your god has acted.

than you oh Darklord.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 pm

The Midnight Stalker wrote:
Thank you, oh Darklord.

I'm not Darklord.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 pm

I am Darklord. I am their god you blasphemer!

At first I thought it was unnecessary, however reading this thread helps me understand. Good work Operator.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 pm

sorry. I was half asleep when I lest that last message. and im still glad to see something done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With Old Threads   What To Do With Old Threads Empty

Back to top Go down

What To Do With Old Threads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Community Discussion :: Feedback Section-
Jump to: