Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for a New RP

Go down 
+3
Mr Allen J
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
7 posters

Which RP would you prefer?
Magical-Energy Barrier RP
Ideas for a New RP I_vote_lcap57%Ideas for a New RP I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Zombie-Nuclear Winter Apocalypse RP
Ideas for a New RP I_vote_lcap43%Ideas for a New RP I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Okay, so, normally I don't make RP's because I don't have much confidence in my ability to control a plot, but lately I've gotten much better at writing up plots for stories and controlling them, because I've gotten really good at practicing it and synchronizing an effort with other people. Therefore, I've finally worked up the nerve to come up with a potential RP plot, and depending on what people decide, I may or may not choose to make it. I won't make a story unless people are interested in the idea, because it can't be successful without RP members.

So the first idea I have for an RP will be heavily inspired by multiple anime shows (There would likely be blood and gore, as well as romance, but profanity and sexual topics would be off-limits). The story would take a place in a small town somewhere between the northern and southern regions of the United States (So people can move into town from wherever). The story would be sci-fi fantasy, and would have multiple options for characters that a person could make, although generally I would intend for characters to be in their teens or early adulthood. The story would have concepts such as alchemy in it, as well as spirits, demons (Or dark spirits, I would rather religion not be involved), mythical creatures, and superpowers, which I intend to refine so that they work well together. All of these groups are tied together by the mysterious energy that keeps the human and mythical worlds separate, and because it is so incredible, everyone will start to look into the nature and investigate the barrier, as a whole.

The average human world would be separated from the supernatural world by a kind of barrier, which is maintained in part by magic (Or some unexplained force of energy, if you're an alchemist), as well as mythical beings themselves. The end result is that average humans are unable to see spirits or demons when they appear, though some have a sensitivity that allows them to either detect the presence, or outright see them. Mythical beings cannot be seen under normal circumstances, either, although unlike spirits, they are alive, and are capable of breaking through the barrier, although mythical beings do not have the power to defeat military forces, which is why they tend to stay hidden, or disguised. In the human world, humans affected by mysterious forces sometimes tend to spontaneously develop superpowers, which they do their best to hide, as the mysterious barrier that hides the supernatural doesn't affect them. In the human world, overall, there are also scientists that have figured out how to tap into the mysterious aura (Alchemical energy, as they might call it) to transmute objects into something else, although they cannot create or destroy matter, only change its form. Alchemists generally have to keep a low profile, for their own safety.

With this concept, which probably looks like a jumble to some people, I get to the main point of the plot. All of these groups, which seem far-fetched, are tied together by the strange, mysterious Barrier that separates the two worlds, which overlap one another. Because it has many mysteries about it, a lot of groups will investigate the Barrier itself out of curiosity, although in general, nobody will want to eliminate the Barrier's presence as a whole. People will support its existence frequently, because without it, the two worlds would come crashing together entirely, and cause complete anarchy for both the humans and the mythical beings, with the alchemists likely getting caught in the middle, because they have no idea which world they belong to, as they could meet the requirements to belong to both. The plot will revolve around a conspiracy consisting of peoples from both the mythical and the human worlds, who seek to destroy the barrier and fuse the two worlds completely, and how people react to it. There will also be a bit of focus on the difference between life and death, because spirits will be involved.

Overall, the idea needs work, but I think it has potential. I have one other idea, though, if anyone wants to hear it.

The second idea I have for a story, is largely sci-fi or horror, I'm not sure what genre it is. It would be a zombie apocalypse story, set in a world where after a nuclear war between developed countries has severely damaged a large portion of the planet (Emphasis on large portion, not all of it is gone), turning much of the world into a dangerous, ashen landscape or desert in the middle of a nuclear winter, a spontaneous mutation in a generally common Earth parasite (Toxoplasmosis, to be more specific) transforms it into a virus-like plague that can be transmitted in a way similar to rabies through saliva. The result often kills people, but the mutant parasite in the brain can often still control the body, creating a zombie plague, the infected having an alarming tendency to devour anything that moves. The end result is that most world governments have collapsed, and civilization has been reduced to nomadic wanderers, roaming the countryside, avoiding radioactive areas, while trying to find the essentials of life and not get killed or transformed. The story would revolve around people scattered across the former United States (I am going to set a minimum age, but you can be any age you want past that), who are forced to do various things to live.

There is more, though, to these people than meets the eye: They may or may not (depending on what you want), be immune to the parasite, their bodies having the rare capability to fight off the mutant microorganism, and kill it before it can infect them and kill them. This means that they are much more adept at survival when faced with a horde of zombies, as they can be bitten, but not infected. This being said, don't think they're completely safe, zombie bites might not give you the parasite, but still, they will bite you, and try to eat you alive. Also, the more rotten a zombie is, perhaps the less efficient it is at catching you and functioning, but the more difficult it will be to keep from getting a bad bacterial infection in the gaping bite wound it left. You might also be an asymptomatic carrier for the parasite, perhaps your brain isn't infected, but your saliva is, therefore you could infect someone else if you kissed or bit them, maybe it's a secret weapon, but it's a major detriment if you liked someone. Chances are, fresher zombies will ignore a carrier, but the more rotten ones won't, because they just aren't functioning that well.

In a nutshell, the story will just be about surviving the zombie onslaught, while waiting for nature to recover from the blow it was dealt five years ago, which was enough to make the whole world fall apart and make civilization as a whole regress. The zombie apocalypse won't last forever, because the infected, after death, will gradually start to decay until they are reduced to plain corpses, no longer having any sort of value, and no longer posing a threat, either. The only thing that can be done is to prevent as many new cases as possible, while avoiding getting radiation poisoning in the process.

Okay, so with these two ideas out, I would like to know how many people are interested in these plots, and which one I should do, if there is interest.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:05 pm

As someone who likes zombies, I like that topic a bit more, however, I do like both topics and will probably join regardless of the subject.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Well, I came up with these ideas because I basically decided I should just fuse two great things together. It's the ultimate way to rule out indecision, but I'm still left with two options, though it could have began as four or five. I'm not going to fuse these two plots together, because then it would just be too busy. I liked the idea of making it so that magic and science were hard to distinguish aside from one being vague and mysterious and the other factual and analytical, so I merged spirits and demons, with alchemy, and mythical creatures, threw in superpowers just because they're awesome, and came up with the idea for the plot. I then decided, because not as many people thought about it yet, to have the zombie survival where people could be immune to the plague, and the zombies would eventually 'die' in their own way because they just plain rotted down to nothing. Nuclear winter is popular, but if the whole entire planet (Not just portions) was a desert, the story can get boring pretty fast, so there are untouched areas and such, to allow more variety and scenery, and chances to survive, since wildlife still exists.

So yeah, I kind of just met in the middle for as much as I could. It made life a lot easier, and it'll make poll voting easier, too, since there's only two options.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:00 pm

I'd be interested in the first one. I'm meh about zombies atm.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:17 pm

I think I'll leave the poll up until tomorrow, but as far as I can tell, Magical-Energy Barrier is leaving Zombie-Nuclear Winter in the dust...I'll come up with a better name for whatever RP wins later.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Call it Magical Zombie Nuclear Barriers... In the winter.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Lolz.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:29 pm

I could make a pun out of it, Divided we Stand, but that might just be better for a comical moment when a character says something.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Meh, that name is overused.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Yeah, I'll work on it until I can think of something good...it needs to be catchy, to say the least...

EDIT: Perhaps 'Bind' would be the best choice of a name...
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:32 pm

I'm also for the sci-fi fantasy, as much as zombies sound cool. There's a character idea I've been dying to use in a mutant RP, and it might just work here.

I'm sure you'll come up with a fitting name.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeah, it just takes a long time, it's not even writing down plots for stories anymore that causes a problem, I get them all planned out before I implement them, and then I tell people ahead of time what's going to happen so they don't accidentally conflict with the plot. I only ever keep something secret if it's supposed to be an entertaining twist to the story. These days, finding a fitting name for a story is a hard thing to do, it has to be a good title.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Could try using a generic, but fitting name translated into a different langue. For example, Glerp's recently diseased RP, Triviis, means crossroads in Latin.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Well, I've got several options for a name, now, so I'll just list them, maybe someone can help me out, here, because I don't want it to sound ridiculous, and Latin can sound weird at times, though there's some English titles, too. I also threw in one Japanese word, just because:

1. Bind

2. Dissocio

3. Aenigma

4. Otherworld

5. Baria
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:22 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:

1. Bind

5. Baria

My two choices.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Other languages can be used when appropriate, but they aren't very tasteful if it's used just for the novelty of it being another language. It speaks volumes when you can describe something in your own language.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:46 am

Okay, since I don't think anyone else is interested in either idea, and we already had a good number of votes, I'm closing the poll. Magical-Energy Barrier has one out by a single vote. The RP, which will from now on be known as Bind, will be made and put up later.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:47 am

AND I PATIENTLY WAIT FOR IT
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:41 am

Yeah, I don't just have to write an Op, though, I have to make the character sheet template, and also an information section, because there's several groups in the story that are separate from one another.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:38 pm

I put in my interest for the second idea. Mainly because I've wanted an RP with a nuclear aspect and radiation as a hazard. I was actually planning on doing one involving a nuclear outbreak myself, but I am no expert on radiation so I refrained. I would be very interested in this idea though. I'm a huge fan of apocalyptic stories and love zombies. Mainly stemming from my incredible fanboyism of the Walking Dead, since that show began I'm sure it's made many people, myself including, immense zombie fans. And the last zombie RP we had, ran by Nick, I believe, didn't last long. And I would greatly anticipate the arrival of a new one.

I am glad you made this Vipera, because it's reminded me that I need to put up an interest check thread of my own as I have ideas to start another RP myself. Hopefully one that will be easier to understand than the last, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Okay, The OOC is up, and people may now submit character sheets. I haven't made mine yet, but expect them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas for a New RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a New RP   Ideas for a New RP Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for a New RP
Page 1 of 1