Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplay Idea Thread

Go down 
+13
Canis_dirus
Celo "The Moms"
DerpaGlerp
ultra
Lieo
Wolf
NicoleRhodes
Mr Allen J
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Maxx
The Stalker of Shadows
Derkal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

Roleplay Idea Thread Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Here is the thread where you can post about an RP you would like to make and see if anyone will join it! Does something need changed in your plot? What will attract more people? Get feedback in this thread and see if people will come to your RP!!!
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Cool. I inspired a new section!
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:36 am

Is anyone gonna join inferno?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:17 pm

just checking in. I have an idea for a new rp.

It'll be in the sci-fi section. It's going to kinda be like Behind the Lines in RG, in that it's an espionage RP which Myre will be in (Behind the Lines will still stay around). It iss revolve around a guy named Dr. Vladslov, who is going to attempt to eliminate all life in the galaxy and replace it with machines.

Is anyone in?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 am

nobody likes my rp idea?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 am

I like it, really good general plot. Probably needs a few minor tune ups, but pretty good.

I probably won't be able to join it until I make some room for my Rping to expand at the moment, I'm in very many RPs as it is.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 am

I actually had an idea of my own, too.

I was actually watching two shows, Monsuno and Pokemon, when I realized there wasn't an RP like that. There isn't one where people are just humans, and yet they command some sort of powerful creature or team of monsters that listens only to them. It would be cool to invent an RP with giant monsters all around the same size, like Monsuno, inspired by animals, which were kept within some sort of device, and the characters command them and each used a certain attack. I think an RP like that would be cool, only because it would be fun to invent the creatures...of course, there would have to be a limit on strength.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 am

I'm not much of a Pokemon, Monsumo fan but I think that's a pretty good idea for an RP.

I've had so many ideas myself, so many. But I've withdrawn from creating them since so many of my others are inactive and I already have so many. I was planning on making one based on a villain from the Color RP called Mallis, an RP that took place in the Keros Realm, birthplace of The Darkness an evil force.

Any feedback on that? It would be very similar to Slayers though if I made it. If I did make it I'd probably toss out Terror Era, seeing that it has gotten little attension.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 am

Well, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, Grox. And I don't mean I'm a fan of Pokemon or Monsuno, either, but a RP with giant monsters fighting on the command of humans still sounded cool to me.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm in. we'd need to either use the Pokemon creatures or make a new set of creatures, though, as people could make their own invincible Godzilla.

the OOC for Syndicates is going up now. i can't rp yet, but I have some spare time and people can join while I'm away.

Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:23 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
Well, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, Grox. And I don't mean I'm a fan of Pokemon or Monsuno, either, but a RP with giant monsters fighting on the command of humans still sounded cool to me.

That's basically what I meant.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:37 pm

That's what I'm saying. People could make monsters, but there would have to be a limit on size. It's the most easy way. Say the monster has to be between 20 feet tall and 20 feet in length, and they can't be smaller than 10 feet on either measurement. That way they're always some sort of monster that can be ridden as a mount. It would also make the battles more dangerous, and say only certain people in small groups can really control the monsters or summon them. It would lean towards Monsuno, more likely, because the powerful creatures running around in the wild everywhere would mean people would actually adapt to having them around.

We would also have a limit of one human character per person, unless its a mod or GM, and a limit of three creatures per person, but it would be four for mods and the GM. It would prevent power struggles, and with multiple characters and more monsters for mods and GMs, it allows more influence in the story, and more authority.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:50 pm

makes sense. I have a great idea for my creature and character.

though there should be some smaller characters as well, something Pikachu-sized, so they could ride on the person's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Sure, I guess that would work, although we would need to put limits on those, too. What we would want is to avoid things like the creatures replacing animals like Pokemon. If they replace animals, or are super common and not one-of-a-kind, then people will develop housing, defenses, and all this other stuff to protect themselves. I'm saying these creatures would not be normal and found in the wild, and would not belong in species categories, like pokemon do, because then they aren't one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 pm

ok. let's do it. I'm in!

Though, could I have a large creature and a small one? or is that too much?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:36 am

I would make you a Mod, most likely. Let me prepare a RP in...wait...fantasy or sci-fi? It takes a certain degree of fun if it's fantasy...Sci-fi...I guess. I think we can allow everyone to have a small companion, which wouldn't count against the large ones. Wait til I make the OOC for it to decide. It'll likely be creatures kept in a capsule system of some sort, and they'll only take commands from one companion. They'll have to be hidden from 'normal' people...I'll get the RP ready, then. Also, look in the Freaks for my next character for it.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:41 am

I have edited the forum's tagline.

If you know about what happened in Connecticut today, you'd be happy I put it there.

A mentally ill man went into a small school in a sleepy Connecticut town; then shot and killed himself and twenty seven other people.

Twenty of which were children 4th grade or under.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:45 am

I've named it Mogwai. Please note it will take a long time to make a character for it, as you need to make sheets for the creatures, too, because they're one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:31 pm

@Operator: Yes we have heard about the disaster, or at least I have. But I don't think it's a wise idea to post something like that. Some of us try not to think about things like that, so I'm going to take it down.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:43 am

Nice fin ally see see this used. I may put my RP idea back once I refine it a bit.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:06 pm

Another Idea I came up with. We've seen cats and wolves, but has there recently been any RP with domestic dogs and stray dogs, that sort of thing?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:53 am

I'm thinking of making an animal rp kind of along the lines of the move "zookeeper" where they're talking animals trying to keep the world from finding out they can talk. Or I was going to try and do an rp like Needles' old one with mutated animals.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:56 am

I know, but just saying, it would be funny to focus on domestic dogs. You could have dobermans making fun of a Standard Poodle, before realizing that it grew up playing with Pitt Bulls and actually plays pretty rough, or maybe we have a Boston Terrier that chases cats a lot larger than him. Just saying, there's potential.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:16 am

I call being a Corgi who's an undercover police dog.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:39 pm

So you like the idea? I'm seriously considering making it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Idea Thread
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next