Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joural
Newborn

Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 am

Nevermind that I'm not sure I've ever seen a "Comedy" roleplay- Not even sure how that'd work, given that good comedy is a planned effort by all involved.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:20 am

I actually made one. it's called "Get Gangam Style" and is a satirical approach to the North Korean Government and their recent developments.

Honestly, Lone, doing something like that A) makes us too much like RPProject and B) would probably confuse things even more. I mean, how do we know what roleplay belongs where? This way, we know that if the roleplay is in the fantasy OOC section, it will be in the fantasy ICs and so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:28 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
I actually made one. it's called "Get Gangam Style" and is a satirical approach to the North Korean Government and their recent developments.

Honestly, Lone, doing something like that A) makes us too much like RPProject and B) would probably confuse things even more. I mean, how do we know what roleplay belongs where? This way, we know that if the roleplay is in the fantasy OOC section, it will be in the fantasy ICs and so on and so forth.

I just think that having a OOC section for every genre is a bit excessive, and it wouldn't confuse anyone in grade schoo. I at least suggest that the comedy section should be re-purposed since it's a "out there" concept to begin with.

Back to top Go down
joural
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 am

I would actually just remove it, as it is fantasy, modern day, and science fiction tend to cover nigh-on every possibility pretty CENSORED well, and I'm not sure why we'd need to separate a sci-fi comedy from a regular sci-fi if we aren't also separating, say, Romance, or action. Horror is the only "Genre" that makes sense to add onto those basic ones- because some people might want to avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Good idea, but I have something to add to it:

I think it would be both better and more organized if we made 2 categories: Fantasy (which is basically things that have to do with scifi, magic, superpowers, etc.) and Modern Day (which would be realistic stories that would happen on Earth.

Each containing its own IC and OOC sections, if needed (but unlikely) we could add an "Other" section. Would that be satisfactory?
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 pm

DarkLord999 wrote:
Good idea, but I have something to add to it:

I think it would be both better and more organized if we made 2 categories: Fantasy (which is basically things that have to do with scifi, magic, superpowers, etc.) and Modern Day (which would be realistic stories that would happen on Earth.

Each containing its own IC and OOC sections, if needed (but unlikely) we could add an "Other" section. Would that be satisfactory?

Very well, yes.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Sounds like a plan.

I'll go ahead and add the 3 new section
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:43 pm

It might make a bit more sense to name the fantasy sections "Sci-Fi/Fantasy"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion   Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Lonestar's Grand Sugguestion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Community Discussion :: Feedback Section-
Jump to: