Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)

Go down 
+4
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Maxx
Mr Allen J
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 am

It wasnt been as long as Faith thought it would be when Charles called back with a meeting idea. She checked the text on her cell phone before replying, "Sounds good. We'll see you there, then. I gotta go now, though. Okay, so... Bye.". Faith hung up after Charles said bye(if he said bye. If he wanted to talk about something else then Faith just hung up on him) She looked at the address for the Dunkin doughnuts and sighed. So she and Charles did get a meeting planned.

Faith suddenly had the idea that she should call Jaylen. He didn't seem that bad an was a meta human, so it would make sense to invite him. Faith scrolled through her contacts and stopped at Jaylen's name, her thumb hovering above it before clicking his name then the "call" button. Whenever Jaylen picked up (if he picked up) Faith introduced herself. "hey Jaylen- this is Faith. From the carnival. Yeah, I probably didn't need to include the second part. Nevermind that." she laughed nervously, unsure of how to start the conversation. It was easier to talk to Charles since she knew him a bit more. Faith quickly went through her mind for a sentence. "So... Um.... Well, first off, are you okay at the moment after the fight thing?" probably not the bet way to start a conversation.

((short post- not much to say))

Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:56 am

"I will make sure they do. On my behalf. I'm not entirely sure who Faith will be having us meet. If it's with someone who's after you, I will have them believe it came from me, so the suspicion is taken off of you. Not that you would come up in the conversation anyway if there was someone after you in the conversation." Nick said, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. He hoped that didn't set Caden off, or make him suspicious. His running mouth would get him in trouble one day. He swore it. He quieted down once Caden began speaking again. Caden was his source of knowledge right now. His... mentor or boss in a way. He would treat him like one and respect him as he spoke.

"The whole... world?" Nick said unsurely. He didn't know if he, a sixteen year old mutant, was ready for that kind of thing yet. Of course, he might back out later, but what would Caden think? And would he want to after digging himself into this later? He didn't know what to think right now, but he remained apprehensive in an anxious way. He didn't know what to expect next from this man he was speaking to. He didn't know if that was bad or good. "Well, all that knowledge couldn't have come from nowhere. And everything good has it's bad sides..." he said, trailing off. He looked sideways to Faith. He liked the girl, and it only grew as he spent more time around her. But what would she think if he...? No. Now was not the time. He was a powerful mutant. More powerful than he should be for someone his age. He had a horrible bad side to him that he kept under lock and key for a reason. He hoped she would still treat him as a friend once she found out. If she stayed around that long. "You remind me of Magneto." Nick said absentmindedly. "And I always liked his motives. Never a true bad guy, but a man with a different vision that conflicted with another. It also helped that he had powers similar to mine." He caught himself in his thoughts, and reminded himself who he was talking to. "I want to help you in your fight. It's about time we got a little bit of attention anyway."

"I can completely understand your criteria." Nick commented, on how Caden wanted the area they met at to be secluded. He scratched his chin momentarily, trying to come up with a place where they could meet. He snapped his fingers once he realized a good place. "Why dont we meet at the Three Wise Men? Faith is going to be meeting up with some of our other meta friends. So I dont know if she will accompany me when I go to meet you." He said, looking to Faith momentarily. He took the phone away from his face and covered the speakers once again so Caden wouldn't hear him. "Once we're done you mind whipping the memory banks so it 'didn't happen'?" he said hopefully, before putting the phone back up to his ear to listen to Caden while also keeping an eye of Faith so he would know what she wanted to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:12 am

All-Father's Park stood between Black Falls' newest anti-villains, Riley and Chloe, and their base of operations: a musty, borderline serviceable hotel room of questionable health standards. In said hotel room was a small arsenal of mostly illegal weapons and ammunition, some really-mostly illegal cash, and, most importantly, a guarantee of a few hours of silence and rest. Chloe could bounce back from damn near anything (the thought made the center of her chest twinge), but some things took time. The collarbone was not a vital organ, nor was it even an organ, but it was a rather painful injury.

Besides, they were both looking rough. You don't walk out of fights looking prim and proper. Dust, blood, spit, sweat, scratches and hormones all soak into your clothes and appearance. Sometimes a good wash can get it out, sometimes it can't. Sometimes you'll walk around for a couple of hours with that punch-drunk daze on your face, and it's pretty apparent to everyone you pass you just got thrashed within an inch of your life. In this instance, however, it was the other way around-dare they think it, Chloe and Riley were close to emerging victorious, lethally so. A bit of untimely sand and Caden's disappearance threw a wrench into things, but it was of no consequence. Black Falls was not a sprawling metropolis.

And, besides, maybe Caden wasn't the source of revenue they were looking for. Maybe it was the extremely unlikely benefactor of the Watcher, which both of them were mulling over in the back of their minds. Could he be trusted? He was certainly powerful-or, at least, thought he was. He was aiming to cleanse Black Falls of its criminal elements, which Chloe found deliciously ironic: purging the streets by becoming a murderer and a thug yourself. Gain the world and blacken your soul, is that it? Lose yourself, for a noble cause? By the end of this bloody mess, Watch, you'll look in the mirror and see Riley and me staring back at you. Only difference between us is a few decades. We're child soldiers in all but name and you're a serial killer in all but murder. But if you've got the money to put these debts to rest...

The statues of Presidents looked down at the two with detached curiosity as Riley and Chloe walked by. A raven, sitting on top of Millard Fillmore's head, made eye contact with Riley and flew away, cawing shrilly. Riley didn't notice. His coat rippled a bit behind him in the breeze, revealing a few of the pelts within. His tanned, callused hand was intertwined with Chloe's bronzed, equally callused fingers. They walked along in silence, eyes flickering around the park. No one seemed to be too concerned with their appearance: both figured they'd more or less made a clean getaway from the carnival. So much chaos, so many teenagers running around, and given their absence before the cops showed up, they were probably good. Probably. Riley's keen senses were busy trying to pick up on a possible tail, while Chloe's more-or-less human ones focused on the front.

Just a normal couple walking in the park.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Sage

Veriska wrote:
"Uh sure, I don't see why not." The anxiety of nearly having to use her power in public had since faded. "There's fluffy sugary stuff there, I could use some about now." She clasped her hands behind her back and shuffled from side to side. "It always smells so good when I walk by, but I've always been too afraid to go alone. I don't like crowds..." Her expression then brightened. "But now I've got you!" she exclaimed leaping joyfully in the air.

Sage smiled warmly and nodded. Emily sure seemed to want to head to the carnival. Her enthusiasm was near child-like, at least in Sage's eyes. This was actually a good thing in Sage's eyes. It's hair flickered with a bright, white light for a moment, the light would have been hard to notice, as it was gone seconds after it even appeared. "Yeah. The carnival is pretty fun, come on I-" Sage cut off it's own sentence as it noticed something at the corner of it's eye. Two people beaten, bloody and looking pissed off as hell. One was covered in sand. The androgyne ignored Emily, keeping it's attention on them. People like that are found around Eastside parts of Black Fall all the time. They're just here, wandering around the park. Normally Sage would have made haste in getting the hell out of here before the pair turns their venomous attention to itself, and Emily. But, it felt like it was drawn to them. Something was subconsciously pushing it to ask, "Hey! Are you two okay? You need help?" It politely shouts out to them.

Caden

TheⓍperator wrote:
"I will make sure they do. On my behalf. I'm not entirely sure who Faith will be having us meet. If it's with someone who's after you, I will have them believe it came from me, so the suspicion is taken off of you. Not that you would come up in the conversation anyway if there was someone after you in the conversation."

Deep laughter from Caden could be heard through Nick's end of the phone. "Now that is what I want to hear." It was unlikely that they were going to meet someone that was after Caden. Riley, Chloe and the Watcher don't seem to be the types that'd just have some cordial meeting with people. All Caden thought of them was that they're the kind of people that didn't think with anything other than their weapons. They were incapable of being a prolonged threat to his operation. Just in case, he would send one of the meat-headed Skulls to spy on Faith's meeting. Regardless of all chances the Spy might get discovered. Even if one of the Skulls gets killed; it won't be no tragedy. They were expendable, only to be given orders and fulfill their duties. Before vanishing without a trace.

TheⓍperator wrote:
"You remind me of Magneto." Nick said absentmindedly. "And I always liked his motives. Never a true bad guy, but a man with a different vision that conflicted with another. It also helped that he had powers similar to mine." He caught himself in his thoughts, and reminded himself who he was talking to. "I want to help you in your fight. It's about time we got a little bit of attention anyway."

Caden rolled in his eyes up into his head. He didn't appreciate the comparison to a generic comic book bad guy, that always loses and has the worst intentions. Truthfully, he is no bad guy. Only painted as evil in the eyes of others. In the end his goals are noble and will help millions. Even if it puts a million more on the short end of things. That's just how life works. And, Caden wasn't going to fail. The only thing that'd stop him would be death. He just ignored everything and answered the last sentence, "Now, you're not going to be disappointed if you join me! Quite, quite, the opposite will occur. All I want from you is to join the fight when... That coming battle for rights comes. I do not expect you to fight now. That'd just be asking for too much!"

TheⓍperator wrote:
"Why dont we meet at the Three Wise Men? Faith is going to be meeting up with some of our other meta friends. So I don't know if she will accompany me when I go to meet you."

Caden started laughing loudly when he heard this. "Look boy! I'm already here." He says in an obviously amused tone. The moment the laughter stopped, he looked around. "Meet me here. I am somewhere around the center of the bridge... Don't keep me waiting. Introducing yourself to new ideals like this; is something that cannot be put on hold. Ha..." He immediately hung up the phone. He smirked, and decided to make a few phone calls. As stated before; he doesn't want this meeting to be interrupted. The best way to achieve that is call in some back up. While, he doesn't want anyone (Even the Skulls) to know the exact details about their relationship, he needs their assistance in this matter. Using the hidden darkness power of dark meta-gaming magic, he managed to somehow get Warpig's number. He put in his number and called him. The second the Pigman picked up, Caden wasted no time in giving him orders, "I need you and the Skulls to come to the Three Wise Men this instant. I need support in making sure that my meeting with an associate goes uninterrupted. Also, possible enemies of mine are having a meeting. I also need one Skull to go out and spy on them, to make sure that they aren't conspiring against us. Do you understand this?"

Charles

Spoiler:

After Faith hung up, Charles shook his head and started walking towards the pre-meeting spot that he designated. The Dunkin Doughnuts. He saw a Taxi Cab rolling down the street, he got tired of taking the bus to ferry him across. He raised his right hand and started waving it in the air shouting, "Taxi!" The Taxi pulled up to the sidewalk, prompting Charles to take a step over to it and open the door to the back seat. It was your generic yellow taxi, with cheap brown-ish red seats, and a glass divider. He sat down, and kept leaning forward so that he doesn't touch the back of the seats. He has no clue what goes on in these things.

"Where to?" The Indian Taxi Driver said.

"Take me to 210 Mainstreet." Charles gave the Taxi driver the information on where he wanted to go, focusing on what was ahead of him. A meeting between meta-humans, that was going to be interesting. After another ride that took him across the river, Charles was on the other side of the river, at his destination. This Dunkin Doughnuts in particular was a larger one, with people moving in and out of it constantly. Not a good place to have a meeting about something you'd like to keep secret. He shook his head and walked inside, immediately heading over to the counter. He ordered three small-sized cups of coffee, for himself, and his friends. Even though he has the slightest clue if they drunk coffee or not. He had all the coffee in a tray, and sat down on the nearest seat.

Waiting for anyone to come by.

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Okay, then, hey, how about we play a little trick on these guys, then?" He said, his eyes suddenly devious. Hugh grinned slightly, although his expression was half-hidden by his sunglasses. Even though he was indoors and it seemed strange that he was wearing them here, he hadn't tried to take them off yet. He turned to Tally, "I've seen this before, that's how he revealed his status to me, in fact. I was trying to sweep off the back porch, and I left to go get window cleaner. When I came back, the broom was alive."

The little trick that Hugh told made Tally smiled a bit. Jokes and tricks of the category were always so much fun. If pulled off right. She nonchalantly says, "Cool, I'm in. But, let's amp it up a little bit. Maybe replace the broom with a tiger." She made a change to their plan. Because, scaring Charles with a broom will be lame.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"As embarrassing as that was, in hindsight that was hilarious. I don't know if you want to do that, though, we don't know these guys, or their powers. If you scare someone, and they think you're going to hurt them, you might get blasted with lightning, or something crazy along those lines."
Tally smirked a bit. Samuel's concern might be a little bit justified. As, all Tally knows is that Charles is a power replicator, nothing more or less. Or what his friends could be. Her smirk turned into a frown as she changed her mind. "Eh, you might be right..." She trails off, like she was going to say something else shortly, "... But, let's do it after we find us what they are." That frown turned into a wide, devious smile.

ViperaUnion wrote:
[color:8b09=#99cc99"Well, I suppose, but I don't see what's normal about my eyes. How about we just wait for everyone to know our meta-human status before we reveal any dramatic physical changes?" Samuel, aware that Hugh was trying to stall, shrugged, "Fine, I'll change back to a human again." He said. "But when everyone knows, I want to see why you wear them."

Once again, their bickering bored Tally a little bit... Well, the bickering itself bored her. What they were talking about sparked a bit of interest in Hugh's eyes. There was something under those sunglasses that he didn't want the world to know. While her telepathy could easily give her the answer--- Where's the fun in automatically knowing the answer to everything? At this point, Samuel reverted back to his "human" form. It would be difficult to call Samuel a human after seeing what he turned into. She figured that she would handle this herself. A big smirk crept up on her face, as Tally crossed her arms and looked at Hugh innocently, "Well, Hugh... They won't be here for a little bit... It won't hurt if you just give us one little, tiny, peek." She spoke in the same nonchalant and near taunting tone that she always does.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Hugh & Samuel

Hugh scowled, and a faint breeze began to move in the room, even though they were in an enclosed area, not outside. There was no mistaking how strongly linked wind was to Hugh's emotions, as even in buildings, air seemed forever linked to his temper. Thankfully, he was only feeling a bit of irritation, and not pure rage, perhaps mixed with a bit of anxiety. He didn't like people seeing his eyes. Ever since his mutations, they had been the one physical aspect of his that gave him away as a meta-human. Over the years, his sunglasses had become extremely important to him, because they were the only thing that could conceal his eyes without drawing too much attention. He took them off when he was alone, but he didn't want anyone to see what he looked like without his glasses. Hugh hardly ever talked to other people, to begin with, and even when he did, it was usually a short exchange before they went on with whatever they were doing. Somehow the thought of showing anyone what he looked like without his eyes covered disturbed him greatly.

He thought long and hard for a moment about how to respond. Eventually, though, Samuel and Tally's argument won out, if he didn't show them now, then they were going to probably find out later. Sighing heavily, he shook his head slowly, "Fine, then, you guys win, I'll take off my glasses, but I don't enjoy this." He said. He then grabbed his glasses and took them off, so they could see what his eyes looked like. It was extremely obvious why he covered them in public, as if someone saw, they would be a dead giveaway. He had pale blue eyes, a natural eye color that plenty of people had, but what was odd, was the pupil. Even in the dimmer light of the room, there was a pure white ring in the iris, just surrounding the pupil. The ring obviously glowed in the dark, and while the mutation was simple, it was extremely noticeable to anyone who saw it. Hugh closed the glasses, before folding his arms. He was determined to look angry, but the issue was that the upper part of his face betrayed how uncomfortable he felt. Hugh had to actively resist looking down at his shoes. Regardless, he could feel his face turning red.

Samuel frowned, suddenly feeling bad about what he had done. Sure, he had been curious about what Hugh's eyes had looked like, but now he wondered if he had been a bit insensitive bringing attention to something he so badly wanted to hide. Samuel could change his appearance into anything he wanted, if he wanted to look human, he could do it, nothing about his looks looked out of place. Hugh's eyes were going to look they way they did now for the rest of his life, he couldn't change them so they looked normal again. Hugh was naturally a quiet person, judging by what Samuel knew about him, and someone who preferred a peaceful, untroubled lifestyle. Hugh obviously felt deep shame about the way his eyes looked, and it seemed that after all that had just happened, being forced to remove his glasses was the one thing that was leaving him demoralized, somehow. Samuel was a meta-human that viewed his identity in a positive light, but Hugh was most likely the opposite.

Samuel was about to say something, but Hugh said something first, as he started to put his sunglasses back on, "Now you know why I wear my glasses. Simple fact, people don't have glowing eyes, and color contacts don't work. I don't even know why it happened, nothing about my vision's really changed that I can discern. It's complicated my whole life, and it's more of an embarrassment, if anything else." Although he was in a terrible mood, Hugh was still aware enough of his own personal issues to acknowledge it. "I appreciate it if you wouldn't tease me about it." He said, taking a breath to relax himself and stop the tiny winds blowing about.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:36 am

Sage wrote:
"Yeah. The carnival is pretty fun, come on I-"
Emily noticed the two as well. Where'd all the sand come from? Are they also freaks? If so she wanted nothing to do with them. It's best that we keep to ourselves. she thought to herself. "Come on Sage." she said in an effort to dissuade him from drawing their attention. It didn't respond to her.

Sage wrote:
"Hey! Are you two okay? You need help?"
It wasn't to be, of course it had to try and help these people. She tossed her frustration aside remembering that if Sage wasn't like that way she may very well be still crying on the park bench. Emily sighed, as she did so her whole being bristled in anticipation of the worst. A voice spoke in her head Calm down Emily, they don't seem to be in any condition to start trouble... especially with us.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:16 am

Chloe whipped her head to the side, hand halfway to the docker's clutch before she saw the two calling their name weren't cops or anyone from earlier. She quickly adjusted the path of her hand a few inches and grabbed Riley's arm, nudging him towards the approaching duo. Meh, a street rat and a dike, nothing too intimidating. But hadn't she learned the scariest ones didn't look the part? Caden was the most laughable person she'd met, appearance wise, but she had a feeling the kid could throw down. Am I really calling him a kid? Christ, I think he might even be older than me. I need a smoke. Chloe became keenly aware of the sand, dust, and so on littering their clothes (and hers had several singe marks: the transition from human to her true, more flammable nature was not always a smooth one for her clothes and weapons). They were probably the spitting image of "Watch for these two, fleeing the scene", and as such, Chloe entered this conversation with the sole intent of ending it as quickly as possible.

That is, until she saw Riley's face. She had seen a great many emotions on Riley's face. There was the hardened, cold look he got during a fight, a bad one, the expression that was visible regardless of whether or not he was a bear or a bull or a human. The bittersweet steel. And then there was the more tender happiness he displayed during their time alone, and the even more tender happiness he wore when they were really alone. There was the subtle yet burning irritation whenever someone mentioned cowboys or the faint amusement of someone threatening them: they'd been told by a mugger to empty their wallets more than a few times. Poor criminal.

But this expression was one she saw very, very rarely. It was pure, absolute, unadulterated fear. Riley's eyes were focusing on the androgynous girl...boy...thing...and, while his face was stoic, jaw clenched and muscles taut, Chloe picked up on the signs. ...note to self. Gun for the gender-bender first.

"We're quite fine, thank you," Chloe said, trying her best at sweet, but it fell through. Unless she was talking to Riley, in which case she could be genuine, sweet just didn't work for her. Chloe just constantly gave off that angry, brooding aura, and it made her attempts at kindness or even basic civility often laughable. Riley was a more skilled actor than she was, and could often manage jovial small talk in tense situations, whereas she preferred to cut through the bullshit and deal with the real issues. Opposites attract, they say.

"We appreciate your concern." Riley said, his tone oddly level. Riley was trying to avoid staring at Sage but he was afraid to take his eyes off it. Dearest Chlo, we've found one. Metahuman we aren't a match for. Riley quickly ascertained the other girl, Emily's, most prominent thoughts: apprehension of whether or not these two strangers meant any trouble. Clever girl. Sage's thoughts were masked from him, and Riley was quite thankful for it: he...he didn't want...

"I don't know if you've heard, but there was a bit of a tussle back at the carnival. A metahuman started throwing sand around and clipped my girlfriend and I as we were trying to run away. It was awfully frightening, they might even close it down for a little while. I'm just going to walk Melissa here back to her house, go home, try and forget the whole mess happened."

Riley glanced over at Chloe, managing to work up the willpower to turn his eyes from Sage. He didn't think he could hope to best it in a direct confrontation, but he might need to. He could stall it long enough for Chloe to get away-although, Riley realized, as a cold chill ran down his spine (is this fear? I...I haven't felt it...in so long...dear God....), Sage was probably one of the few human beings on earth, perhaps the only one outside of the Mojave, that knew how to kill him. Probably know we're lying, don't you? Of course, Sage and Emily likely wouldn't need supernatural gifts to notice Riley was lying. He might've been a smooth liar on a good day, but he was rattled. Beyond that, Chloe's hair subtly changed in color throughout the course of the conversation, along with her eyes. Chloe let Riley do the talking, feigning the scared little doe (ah, what I said at first doesn't make any sense now, does it?) and pulling out a pack of cigarettes. She lit one, which was completely incinerated within about ten seconds, and moved on to the next. She went through about ten or eleven before she seemed to have her fix, and put the rest away. If they realized she was a metahuman, so what? Even a little winded from the fight, Chloe was confident they could take them-although Riley's fear did set her on edge. Just a bit.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:06 am

Faith
---

Faith cupped her hand over her cell phone and looked at Nick. "Sure thing. Also Charles wants to meet us at a Dunkin Doughnuts somewhere. If you want you can see Caden first and just text me when you're on your way back or if there's an emergency." She honestly disliked the idea of splitting up. Nick was one of the few people Faith could talk to without stammering and with all the vents that had happened today she was sure something bad was going to happen. Sure, she couldn't fight, but Faith could easily call several meta humans that may be willing to help if there is an emergency. So she like the idea she had suggested.

---
Neal
---
Neal finally arrived at the park and looked around. Everything seemed normal. Neal sat down at a park bench and watched people pass by. He tugged at the rim of his hoodie to be sure it wouldn't come off and silently remained sitting for a few minutes. No one was noticing him. Just as it should be.

Neal for some reason noted a strange duo walk past- a girl that just seemed to confuse him considering she looked like a cross between a rich girl and a poor girl. It was the person beside her that confused Neal the most, however. He wasnt sure if it was a guy or a girl. So confusing... And annoying. Still, Neal found himself watching them curiously... When the two people from the fight at the carnival appeared.

Neal listened carefully with his above average hearing to the conversation. The... It person thing was asking them if they were okay. Neal felt a scowel appear on his face when he hear the shape shifting boy from earlier's reply. lying. Those two were like gasoline and worsened the fight. Making themselves look innocent is just dirty... Bravo Neal was actually a little bit impressed- the guy could lie so easily. It was a good skill. Neal remained quiet and watched the conversation play out.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 pm

The first thing Jaylen thought was what the Hell?. He had no idea how Faith had gotten his number. He simply assumed that now all his friends would be lost to him in the massive city, and that he'd be left alone again. He was a hundred percent sure that he hadn't given anyone his phone number, yet now he was talking to Faith. He didn't really mind it; it was nice having friends, especially ones so pretty.

"Um, hi." he said, rather hesitantly "Um, yeah, I'm alright. It's hard to break diamond. I'll be fine. So...exactly how did you get my number? I'm not in the phone book".

The Watcher

wip
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Faith tensed at the question regarding how she had gotten the number. That's right- Jaylen didnt know she was a meta human. Faith decided it was okay to tell him. "I'm also a meta human. Anyways, um... So we can talk about that later. Charles wants me and Nick to meet him somewhere. Just seeing if you want to go as well." Faith paused, not even looking at her phone to have a text sent with the Dunkin doughnuts address to Jaylen.

"You now have a text for the Dunkin Doughnuts we're meeting at on your cell phone."
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:40 am

Nick listened carefully as Caden told him he didn't want him fighting yet, and that he was already at the Three Wise Men. That worked out perfectly. "Sounds like a plan. I'll meet you there." He said, just before Caden hung up. Well, he would be going to the Three Wise Men then. He turned to Faith, who made the comment to call her if something went wrong. He smiled, and then fist pumped at the fact that they would be going to Dunkin Donuts. "I'll let you know if I need any help, Faith. Thank you for the concern. It means a lot." He replied, giving Faith a reassuring smile.

He would wait until Faith finished her call before he did anything, but he decided to voice something before she did. "I think we should get out of here soon. I could... get us out without walking. It involves hight and the conspicuous sight of a guy and a girl flying out of a carnival without being shot out of a cannon like the circus." He said. "But that way is a hell of a lot more fun." He said, grinning. "I'll let you choose what you want to do, but please do so quickly. I dont want to be impersonated by the cops on what happened."

(Short post I know... But it gets us moving.)
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:54 am

Sage

The Real Shade wrote:
"We're quite fine, thank you,"
"We appreciate your concern."

The Androgynous Sage immediately frowned and sent a narrow glare in the direction of Riley and Chloe after they responded. Giving away that it was highly suspicious of them. It never took it's attention off of them for a moment. The way Riley was staring at Sage really gave it some rather bad feelings. That look Riley gave it was that distinct look of fear, which was disconcerting, to say the least. Since most people don't exactly show fear towards it for no reason, especially given that Sage generally appeared harmless--- Until provoked. Sage kept his eyes on them, attempting to determine what was going on inside. Ignoring Emily in the process. Then it realized that it was just standing there, staring down these two people. It's blonde hair briefly flickered a dim white light for a moment, hard to notice unless someone was paying direct attention to it's hair (Which they were). "Alright... I could call an ambulance, but if you're really fine. Then I'll..." Sage says to them, sharply and hesitantly. It was truly unsure of what to say now. There was a voice in the back of it's head saying Sage turn around and leave now. Still the urge to stay and find out more about these people, was greater than the urge to leave. It may have been considered to be stupidity, but it was curious here.

The Real Shade wrote:
"I don't know if you've heard, but there was a bit of a tussle back at the carnival. A metahuman started throwing sand around and clipped my girlfriend and I as we were trying to run away. It was awfully frightening, they might even close it down for a little while. I'm just going to walk Melissa here back to her house, go home, try and forget the whole mess happened."

Seriously, can't anyone be discreet with their power, in this stupid city, for once... Sage thinks to itself, peering at Emily for a few seconds. Before redirecting it's focus on what's around it. Since that statue almost dropped on them, Sage was kinda wary of what was going on around it, especially since it believes the man with the hook hand was behind that. It turned it's head to the left, to see a boy in a hoodie ((Neal)) watching them from afar. He probably is interested in the scene as it is, just doesn't want to get involved. It turned it's head in the other direction, to see nothing of note. Now, it was somewhat disappointed to hear that there was a fight at the Carnival, since it really wanted to head there enjoy some time with Emily. However, there was that feeling that these two are lying about a whole number of things. Not just about what could have happened at the carnival--- Sage was going to go to the carnival regardless of what they say happened there. Choosing to see it for itself. While it kept it's attention on Chloe and Riley, it noticed something. Chloe's hair and eyes have changed colors a little bit, not very much, but enough for it to notice the changes. She was also burning through all the cigarettes she had, with no lighter, or fire at all. That was a sure of sign of being one of them. The first words that left it's lips was a, "Wait you're..." Before trailing off. It took a little bit longer than average for Sage to figure it out; but it knew that Chloe is obviously a Meta-human. Sage's family is full of Meta-humans, and it has also encountered them throughout Black Fall--- It could even be called an expert on this. Sage was really interested in the couple now, since they appeared to be Meta-humans. It choose to be subtle. Sage turned that near-hostile, frown into a smirk, and spoke "So, lady. How did you burn through those cigarettes so fast without a fire?" Sage says, trying to feign innocence.

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Fine, then, you guys win, I'll take off my glasses, but I don't enjoy this."

This outcome was obvious. Tally was (constantly) reading Hugh's thoughts, most of them were about him weighing the options. Apparently his eyes are connected to his mutation, and was uncomfortable without his glasses. Which was honestly quite silly right now, being in the presence of a blob and easily the most powerful telepath in all of Black Fall. She smiled deviously, looking directly at Hugh. She promptly felt the cool breeze and was reminded of what Samuel told her telepathically. Something about Hugh's power over wind being linked to his emotions. Which was enough explanation for the strange wind indoors. Tally shrugged sarcastically, with a wide smile on her face, "I don't see what the big deal is, Hugh. Heh. We're all alike here. Hahaha..." She quietly says to herself, nearly in a taunting tone. She started laughing to herself.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Now you know why I wear my glasses. Simple fact, people don't have glowing eyes, and color contacts don't work. I don't even know why it happened, nothing about my vision's really changed that I can discern. It's complicated my whole life, and it's more of an embarrassment, if anything else." Although he was in a terrible mood, Hugh was still aware enough of his own personal issues to acknowledge it. "I appreciate it if you wouldn't tease me about it."

As Hugh took off his glasses, Tally looked on with great curiosity. Before thinking to herself, Curiosity won't kill this cat. Before quietly laughing to herself. Even though that may have made Hugh uncomfortable. So, for the rest of the scene, she remained quiet. Keeping all jokes to herself (Or saving them for later). As the crowning moment came when Hugh unveiled his eyes... Tally felt, disappointed. She knew from his thoughts that they were different, but she really wanted to see for herself. And she's not impressed. All Hugh's eyes did was glow--- Nothing interesting! Of course, she expressed this disappointment in her usual way, "Awww... I was hoping you'd shoot death-rays out of your eyes." That was Tally's initial response to this, joking and generally being nonchalant. "Come, on Hot Breeze-" Hot Breeze is my nickname for you, Hugh. Hope you like it! "-Have you ever even tried it? It sounds fun." Tally's tone made it clear that she was either joking or just playing around. However, she was actually half-serious, that's just the tone she usually talks in.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:26 am

Damnit, Chloe.

Chloe briefly glanced at Riley, who nodded softly. A moment of unspoken understanding passed between them, which basically amounted to: Well, we can't exactly lie our way past that. Chloe picked up on the look of warning in Riley's eyes, plastered across his face, etched on every aspect of his body language. He wasn't the type to scare easy. Huh. Maybe the dike or the emo was packing some serious metahuman heat, or something.

No...no that couldn't be it. Chloe quickly began piecing things together in her mind-there were only three things, specifically, that Riley was afraid of. Neither of these two looked like Native Americans, and she didn't see either of them with....so....

Oh. Oh yes. This was rather alarming, then. One of them must know his real name.

Chloe sighed (which shimmered with heat, much like the mirage that ripples off a hot grill or scorching asphalt), which sent a considerable amount of ash from the cigarettes fluttering off into the breeze. Perhaps not healthy for the environment, but Chloe wasn't the most eco-friendly of metahumans. Riley was plenty eco-friendly, all at one with nature and whatnot.

"....you're sharp. Or I'm getting careless. Fine. I'm not one to spill my guts out to strangers, but perhaps I blurred the lines of our alibi. Perhaps the conflict with the metahumans might've involved us a little more directly." Chloe did "intimidating, soulless bitch" pretty easily, leaning back on one hip, smirking slightly. "I'm not in the mood to fight. Besides, you two seem like decent types. So," Chloe spoke, directing it towards Sage, "We'll just agree you never saw those cigarettes."

Riley laughed, rather out of the blue. "Aw, damnit, we should've said they were electronic. Do you have to light electronic cigarettes?"

"Ugh. So easily distracted. Now, just because we're feeling especially...altruistic, shall we say, I'll give you two a bit of free advice. We're new to this town, having rolled into this lovely cesspit a few hours back, but I've got a pretty good grasp on things. Sh*t's gonna hit the fan soon. You can't lock this many superpowered freaks inside a box the size of Black Falls and expect things to stay docile. I'm not one to believe in coincidence, either. So, watch out. There might be types less courteous than ourselves roaming around after dark."

Well done, Chlo. I don't want the Angel thinking we're out to do too much damage.

Chloe drew out another cigarette, cupping her hands as if to light it. Curiously, when she pulled them away, the cigarette was lit and burning rather rapidly. Within a minute, it was completely devoured, as if the flames were accelerated by her mere presence. She pursed her lips and exhaled, sending a ring of smoke out. "Now, we're both a little..."

"Winded."

"Yes, winded. Really wouldn't want another fight on our hands. Don't know what you two have in mind, what your particular stance on metahumans is....but...it would be a shame to risk damaging any of these...lovely...statues." Chloe muttered, eyeing some of the moss that was obscuring Jimmy Carter's face.

Riley looked between Emily and Sage, feeling unusually tense. Normally, before a potential fight, it was a detached, cold logic that flooded through him, assessing whether or not things would escalate. But now, well...heh...he'd forgotten what it felt like, to be afraid of dying. You could strike me down right here and now, couldn't you? Chloe for the love of God, and I mean the love of God, do not say anything that will get us killed.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:33 am

Hugh & Samuel

Hugh frowned, wondering if Tally always talked with that particular tone. He was also thinking of how what she had just called him was probably the complete opposite of his powers. Hugh unconsciously brought in winds from the north, which were responsible for colder weather. He always knew the direction of north, just like a compass. If he ever developed any new power, it was probably going to either be summoning clouds and rain, or freezing things. "No, they just started glowing, no benefit linked to it. I mean, sometimes I think I can see the direction the wind is going, by looking at the wind itself, but it's not really seeing anything at all." He scowled at this, "I believe I just contradicted myself, what I mean is, I might have something special about my vision, but it's really hard to place, or even explain." In truth, Hugh saw wind (Which wasn't really visible) as something moving, he could actually see when there was a disturbance in air, but the air was still invisible. Maybe he was sensing it by some other means. He had given up trying to figure out how that worked a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:00 am

It was clear to Emily that these two were trouble. They were also terrible liars, it didn't take a genius to realize Chloe was a meta-human. This was made clear by her changing hair color. When the man tried to probe her surface thoughts he confirmed his freak status as well. All he got was a immense amount of voices all speaking at once.

When Sage mentioned how Chloe was smoking her cigarettes Emily sensed a possible fight brewing. She welcomed it.

Emily stepped forward, transitioning from stoic to provocative. "Whats the matter? He's pretty ugly anyways." She said motioning to the statue. "Oh and my thoughts are private @##hole." She spat the words vehemently.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 am

Sage

The Real Shade wrote:
"....you're sharp. Or I'm getting careless. Fine. I'm not one to spill my guts out to strangers, but perhaps I blurred the lines of our alibi. Perhaps the conflict with the metahumans might've involved us a little more directly." Chloe did "intimidating, soulless bitch" pretty easily, leaning back on one hip, smirking slightly. "I'm not in the mood to fight. Besides, you two seem like decent types. So," Chloe spoke, directing it towards Sage, "We'll just agree you never saw those cigarettes."

This was pretty much what Sage wanted to hear. It just wanted to know if they are Meta-humans, and, it was being honest with itself here, it wasn't too surprised or amazed by that revelation. As it already knew they were indeed Meta-humans. A little confirmation was all it needed. Now, Chloe also revealing that they may have been much more involved left much to the imagination. Which, didn't inspire Sage. While these people looked very beaten, and probably, it certainly doesn't want any form of conflict with them. Since they look vicious, like the type who'd kill without abandon, and nobody who crosses them is an exception. More importantly, it's a good trait to pick your fights very carefully. Especially in Black Fall, where the Meta-human population can easily tear through crowds of people. Sage's hair started flickering a dim, white light, before it's hair reverted back to it's usual blonde. It was usually a sign that it was nervous, or cautious. Sage nodded it's head, and spoke in a soft tone, different from before, "I'm not the type to fight, anyway. My lips are sealed... No one would really believe me if I said anything, to be honest." Except for my entire bloodline...

The Real Shade wrote:
"Ugh. So easily distracted. Now, just because we're feeling especially...altruistic, shall we say, I'll give you two a bit of free advice. We're new to this town, having rolled into this lovely cesspit a few hours back, but I've got a pretty good grasp on things. Sh*t's gonna hit the fan soon. You can't lock this many superpowered freaks inside a box the size of Black Falls and expect things to stay docile. I'm not one to believe in coincidence, either. So, watch out. There might be types less courteous than ourselves roaming around after dark."

As much as Sage didn't want to believe it, this was true as it was going to get. The Meta-human population in Black Fall were volatile, and that's an understatement. From what it has seen, anyone can get a power. There was obviously the issue of powers falling into the wrong hand--- Which was something Sage has seen several times in the past, it has clashed with maniacs with superpowers before. More recently, it has clashed with Caden, a monster incoming. Soon Meta-humans will be revealed to the world, and it all will go to hell. Sage, reluctantly, agreed with them, "Thanks, for the advice, but I can already see it coming. I've lived here all my life and seen some of the worst people with powers... Fought some too." Sage had pretty much just revealed that it's a Meta-human (And a powerful one at that) without even saying it out loud. Didn't really matter now, since everyone else in ear-shot are were these two gruff indivuals, and some random street-rats. Nobody would truly belive either of them (Except for another Meta-human). A rough way to put it, but it is true.

"Um, almost forgot..." There can't be no harm in being polite enough to tell these strangers your name, can there? Sage thinks to itself as it considers telling them it's name. Which likely wouldn't cause too much harm, unless these two come after it to rob--- Because of it's wealthy and infamous family. In that case, it'd prefer going invisible and quietly vanishing without a trance. "... My name is Sage Pimm. Nice to meet you two..." And I don't think you'll tell me your names.... Sage thinks to itself, as it grasped some of it's hair with two of it's fingers.

Veriska wrote:
"Whats the matter? He's pretty ugly anyways." She said motioning to the statue. "Oh and my thoughts are private @##hole." She spat the words vehemently.

Immediately, Sage's eyes had widened, shocked at what Emily just said. Saying things like that tends to instigate fights rather fast. Fights between Meta-humans in public like this would not go unnoticed. Nor would it impact Meta-humans as a whole positively--- Plus, it's powers were the least bit subtle. Sage didn't know what Emily was talking about, or even thinking, but, it knew from her tone that she was hostile. It was going to try and calm all parties down. Sage whispered into Emily's ears, grasping her by the nearest arm, "What is wrong with you? You don't know them or what they can do... These people look crazy as hell too, and you're going to fling insults at them? They could really hurt us--- You." Sage spoke, sternly, and was trying it's best to reason with her. It changed the last words in that sentence because if a fight does start, it was going to get out of here. Because there's no possible way that it will fight a pointless and bloody fight. Sage then let go of Emily and took a few steps away from her. It then faced Riley and Chloe, looking nervous as hell "Look, I really don't any trouble... Let's just..." It's hair started flickering a white light, out of control this time. There was no way that anyone couldn't notice it now. Sage tilted it's head downwards slightly and closed it's eyes, thinking about what to say. Then it came to it, hitting Sage like a rush of wisdom, "I really don't want to fight here, and I don't think anyone else does either. It'd all end up being pointless and bloody... So, let's just... Move on. There isn't a reason for us to fight, or throw insults at each other. So, stop it." Sage says in a calming, soft tone. Hoping that it's peace speech would work.

If not, running was always an option.

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
"No, they just started glowing, no benefit linked to it. I mean, sometimes I think I can see the direction the wind is going, by looking at the wind itself, but it's not really seeing anything at all." He scowled at this, "I believe I just contradicted myself, what I mean is, I might have something special about my vision, but it's really hard to place, or even explain."

"You have wind vision...?" Tally listened to him, again with a faint amount of boredom welling up inside of her. Hugh was rather boring to her. She just didn't know, probably their overtly dramatic first meeting. Samuel was so much more interesting to her. His power, his personality, plus he was kinda cute (Not in the romantic way, he just was small, and innocent). At this point, she was just wishing Charles would show up and make things interesting. However, Tally was much more endearing, and she knew that if she was going to get something out of them; she would have to tolerate this first meeting. Things will get better between them, she knew that. For now, she was going to make some idle talk about powers, "So..." Tally looks around, crossing her hands behind her back, "What was it like for you two when you discovered your powers...?" Tally wasn't going to discuss finding out her powers just yet, she wanted to hear about them.

And discovering her powers was painful.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:48 am

Neal listened as the two from the carnival revealed their meta human status to the gender bender and the unusual girl. He sighed when he heard the girl say a comment and the boy began trying to prevent a fight. The girl must have not been thinking... To try to pick a fight with two meta humans whom you don't know the strengths of? Crazy... The othe person with the annoying gender bent looks that you would find on an anime was more level headed.

Neal yawned as he crossed his arms and watched the show unfold. He was going to be nothing more then an observer. Maybe he'll talk to one of the duos later- who knows? For now it was unsafe, though.

---
Faith
---
Whether Jaylen said yes or no in agreement to the meeting, Faith nodded, "okay. Um... I guess I'll talk to you later then." She hung up, not waiting for a reply. Faith then turned to Nick, who had an interesting idea for leaving the carnival. She could either A: walk out of the carnival like normal human beings or B: leave in style and fly out like awesome meta humans. Faith wasn't someone who was afraid of heights and so she wouldn't mind, and she trusted Nuck with her life, since he would be using his power on her who knows how far in the air. It wasn't that hard of a decision.

Faith placed her index finger on her chin as if she were thinking the situation through really carefully, though it was more of a playful act. "Let's see... As log as it doesn't hurt you from using too much power or something..." A large, childish grin slowly appeared on her face, "yes. Sounds like a lot of fun. After all, how many people are there that can say they flew out of a carnival?"
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:27 am

Chloe raised an eyebrow, lips opening to say something likely along the lines of, "Bitch, come make my day" when Riley, perhaps wisely, decided to intervene.

"I apologize," Riley spoke quickly, cutting off the response he could see forming on his lover's lips, "If I offended you in some way. Having just evaded one conflict, I wanted to be aware of your intentions. That being said, Miss Emily, you would be extremely wise to bear something in mind: your privacy extends as far as you can maintain it. We," Riley emphasized this word, cutting his eyes at Chloe-she had begun to brighten just a tad, the inner flame coming to the surface, "Have no desire for a confrontation either."

Riley noted Sage's hurried response to Emily's words, trying to defuse a confrontation. Why? Sage could easily wipe the floor with...wait...Riley frowned silently, pondering the implications. Either this thing was a pacifist, or it wasn't what he thought it was. No way of knowing for now, and another fight would merely draw more police attention to them. Best...best to not fight for now. Riley gripped Chloe's hand, squeezing it tight. She relented, huffing and examining some of the statues to try and let the temper fade. Curiously, it didn't. Well, it wasn't curious to her anymore: lately, the anger never seemed to subside. Just went down from boiling point to simply being hot, but she never cooled. A twinge of regret, somewhere, welled up inside her, and Chloe realized it'd been...what, months? since she last felt it. She reached for the cigarettes, but had burned through them all. Damn.

Riley's previous dilemma with Sage's status as an angel or not was settled when its hair burned with light-heh, you and Chlo should trade shampooing tips or something, making the dread he'd felt earlier re-emerge. Damnit. We cannot catch a CENSORED break. "...I'm sorry, Emily." The cacophony of voices in her mind was interesting, and made him wonder what her gift was-or, hell, maybe she was just crazy. In this town, it was usually the first, or simply a mixture of both. Riley tapped his foot on the concrete base of a statue, but it made absolutely no noise. "...Sage, if you don't mind me asking, have you heard of a man named Caden Zorich?" This was both a legitimate question and a means of distracting Emily from her willingness to fight. Riley didn't exactly grasp what the big deal was: he was barely skimming the surface, just attempting to see what she was, who she was. Somewhere, a part of him realized this was the equivalent of breaking into someone's home, stealing their diary, and reading the entire thing to figure out what their name was, but that part of him didn't offer its opinions very often anymore. "We encountered him here in the park, earlier, and back at the carnival. Not suggesting that the two of you keep company, or anything..."

Chloe almost spoke about what kind of company she was sure Emily kept, but Riley squeezed her hand even harder, reminding her of their predicament. She settled for biting her tongue again, quite literally, and stared off to the side to let the rage settle. Chloe found herself not staring at the Presidents, however, but a boy-in a hoodie, sitting on a park bench...maybe he wasn't listening in, but he was certainly close enough to. She made a note to keep an eye on him, and felt a strange, hungry itch in her right index finger.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:51 am

Sage wrote:
"What is wrong with you? You don't know them or what they can do... These people look crazy as hell too, and you're going to fling insults at them? They could really hurt us--- You."
"And you don't know what I am..." The way she said it made it clear that she didn't even consider herself human. Emily turned to face Sage, she faltered under it's gaze. The androgen had an strange effect on her, some sort of bond. But she realized with a sinking feeling that it probably only went one way. "but you're right." Emily muttered the hostility gone from her voice.

Riley wrote:
"I apologize, if I offended you in some way. Having just evaded one conflict, I wanted to be aware of your intentions."
Emily replied coolly "Forget about it. In your shoes I might very well have done the same thing." She hadn't truly forgiven the stranger, but her words had a hint of truth to them. If she thought it necessary she wouldn't hesitate to violate somebodies privacy herself.

Riley wrote:
"That being said, Miss Emily, you would be extremely wise to bear something in mind: your privacy extends as far as you can maintain it."
Which is quite a long ways. Much farther than where you're standing. Emily thought to herself. She made eye contact and said. "I always do."

Riley wrote:
"...I'm sorry, Emily."
Emily simply nodded in acknowledgement. She had already accepted his apology, and realized at this point that the man really didn't want to fight. However it was clear that it wasn't her that he was afraid of. She smiled, being underestimated wasn't uncommon and it usually gave her the upper hand. At the same time though she couldn't help but wonder who exactly Sage was.

Riley wrote:
"...Sage, if you don't mind me asking, have you heard of a man named Caden Zorich?"
She had never heard the name before, but the way he brought it up made her Certain that it carried weight. Emily listened intently hoping to pick up more information.

Riley wrote:
"We encountered him here in the park, earlier, and back at the carnival. Not suggesting that the two of you keep company, or anything..."
Huh, could he have been involved in the fight that broke out? Her mind was taken from that train of thought at the mention of company. Emily thought about the company she kept, and how close she was to introducing them. Deep down she was glad Sage snapped her out of it, because it would have ended badly for one side or the other.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Hugh & Samuel

Hugh had a thoughtful expression on his face, but it was also combined with a great deal of embarrassment, and it was obvious that his story probably involved an accident related to discovering his powers. However, there was none of the grudging reluctance linked to when he didn't want to take off his glasses. "Well, it was in the papers, but you probably don't remember it, since it wasn't headline news, and that was several years ago. People went into this concert hall and the place looked like a twister had gone through it. More accurately, one did." Hugh was basically saying he had created a tornado in the middle of a concert hall that wrecked the place. "I went there to practice my violin in the afternoons, I was really good friends with the people that maintained the place, so that's kind of why I haven't been discovered yet because of that." He then caught him straying from the main subject. "Well, anyway, I discovered my powers because when I was playing my violin, one of the metal strings on it broke, and since there's a lot of tension on those strings, they can snap up and hit you hard enough for it to sting pretty bad. In this case, it hit me right across the face." He turned red again, "It's a kind of lousy way to discover your powers, really, and I just felt guilty about the whole thing, they had to replace all the furniture, and their piano and organ got ruined, too."

He then folded his arms, tapping his right elbow with his fingers on the other hand, an unconscious gesture, "I've been a musician for years, I've always wanted to play my violin in an orchestra, and I really value instruments, they can be really fragile and delicate. Sometimes they're not just really expensive, they're old, too." He recalled how he had once met a guy with a cello that was over a hundred years old, and thought about how the piano had been a fancy one, with ivory keys that you couldn't get anymore, since ivory trade was illegal now. The organ had been at the old concert hall since it had been built. A lot of the stuff that got destroyed had been extremely valuable. Even by his thoughts, it was clear that his true passion was music. He sighed, and shook his head, "All I can say is that unless I can control my powers better, I'm afraid that might happen again, and this time in some public place where I'll get caught."

Samuel, taking it that Hugh was done speaking, told the story of how he himself discovered his powers, frowning, "Well, I was just asleep in bed when I discovered my powers. Have you ever wondered what it was like to be dissolved into a pool of acid? That's kind of what it felt like when they first started working. I woke up and my legs were stinging and burning. I pulled the covers off of my legs, and they were just melting into this glassy stuff. Of course, I didn't know what was happening, so I screamed for my parents. All of a sudden my legs just snapped back to their regular appearance, and my mom and dad came in. I told them about it, and they blamed it on a really realistic nightmare. They went back to sleep, and there were several more false alarms in the middle of the night. Every time I tried to fall asleep, my legs would just melt, and each time I did that, more of me wound up turning into goo. That kept happening until finally I was entirely turned into a little blob thing." He looked upset now, "I know I didn't get hurt by it, but that was really scary."
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:55 pm

"Not many, which is why we have to be quick as to not be seen. Thankfully almost everyone is gone, but the police and ambulances are on their ways. So we have to leave before they get here." Nick said to Faith, who had agreed to it as long as he didn't hurt himself doing it. "Now what I'm going to do is I'm going to make you incredibly light. Like a feather really. But, because your size and mass will remain unchanged, your legs will have the ability to super jump in a way. It's kinda like pseudo flying because you kinda glide for a while because there's very little force pulling you down. I would use my magnetism, but that's still a work in progress." Nick explained, before making a small motion with his hands and suddenly, they were much lighter.

"See, watch this." Nick said as he threw his arm up into the air. This was enough for his body to float nearly twenty feet off the ground before slowly falling back to the Earth unharmed. "That's how you steer, by the way. Once you get up there, just throw your arms in the direction you want to go." Nick said, and smiled at Faith. "And watch out for low flying planes." He added, before looking up into the sky and bending his legs down to prepare himself for the jump, and launched. He flew extremely high, easily at the two hundred foot mark and looked down at Faith as he slowly but surely began to sink down to the ground. He waved his hand to him in a way of saying 'follow me.' without saying anything. They both had meetings to attend to.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:34 am

Sage

The Real Shade wrote:
"I apologize," Riley spoke quickly, cutting off the response he could see forming on his lover's lips, "If I offended you in some way. Having just evaded one conflict, I wanted to be aware of your intentions. That being said, Miss Emily, you would be extremely wise to bear something in mind: your privacy extends as far as you can maintain it. We," Riley emphasized this word, cutting his eyes at Chloe-she had begun to brighten just a tad, the inner flame coming to the surface, "Have no desire for a confrontation either."

Good. Things are starting to cool down. Sage closed it's eyes and let out a quiet sigh of relief. It's hair stopped flickering, which was good, and bad. Now these people probably know it's a Meta-human, and it was perfectly fine with that. It's around other Meta-humans (At this point, it had already assumed that Emily is a Meta-human). It's hair stopped flickering as it opened it's eyes. It realized that a faint amount of serenity has finally returned. More or less, there wasn't much of it when dealing with Chloe and Riley to begin with. "... Good. A fight would really attract attention to all of our kind...." Our kind, obviously being Meta-humans.

The Real Shade wrote:
"...Sage, if you don't mind me asking, have you heard of a man named Caden Zorich?" This was both a legitimate question and a means of distracting Emily from her willingness to fight. Riley didn't exactly grasp what the big deal was: he was barely skimming the surface, just attempting to see what she was, who she was. Somewhere, a part of him realized this was the equivalent of breaking into someone's home, stealing their diary, and reading the entire thing to figure out what their name was, but that part of him didn't offer its opinions very often anymore. "We encountered him here in the park, earlier, and back at the carnival. Not suggesting that the two of you keep company, or anything..."

Immediately Sage tensed up, looking shocked for a moment (And hostile). Before reverting back to it's usual, gentle demeanor. God d*mn, these people are caught up with that maniac... It thinks to itself as it looked around for a moment. It was unsure of if it should reply or not. Caden is one of it's enemies, and they have fought fiercely on several occasions. Caden said it was because their powers opposed each other, light and darkness clashing.... The last thing that Sage wanted was to get involved. It just wanted to ignore Caden, and live life, it's own way. But, Caden is like cancer, he will grow strong if left unchecked. Ignoring him will not solve the problem, only allow it to worsen. Especially with Sage's older sister working with him. Maybe these two can... No. It wasn't going to put a hit on the b*stard. Sage started looking very nervous and tense, as it came conflicted with itself regarding Caden. It looked around, moving nothing but it's eyes, only to see the same things as before. Sage then came to a decision; it was going to see what these two citizens of exemplary behavior had to do with Caden.... It spoke, trying to hold in that nervousness long enough for no one to notice, "Yeah, I know the little darkness b*stard...." Sage says to them, immediately sounding hostile. "The prick is no friend of mine. I don't even want anything to do with him..."

Veriska wrote:
"And you don't know what I am..."

This basically cemented the idea that Emily is a Meta-human. Which is funny, as Meta-humans are seemingly attracted to Sage, for some reason. It wanted to know that Emily was a Meta-human, too. It didn't even need to know what power she has. It wasn't very afraid of revealing it's status as a Meta-human to them, since they're all Meta-humans. Sage already knew of it's hair glowing with light, "I'm guessing you all did see the little light show I put on with my hair... Well, I am a Meta-human too... In fact... I'm the Angel of Light..." It just so nonchalantly says. Hoping to get a response out of the group around it.

Tally

Coming soon...
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 am

Riley cringed, Chloe snorted. Riley elbowed Chloe, Chloe yelped.

"Oh, what?" Chloe chuckled, not making any attempt to hide it from Sage. "You really believ-"

"Given what we are," Riley said, and for once, his tone with Chloe was unusually harsh-and, curiously, he didn't seem to be referring to their being metahuman-"I think it wise for you to keep your opinions to yourself this once."

Chloe was quite visibly fuming: she was quite used to awkward, spiteful stares from people regarding her color changing hair or outright hatred from those who knew of the darker aspects of her life (The Harrier and The Hound, in debt up to their necks-and it's only getting deeper), but hearing such blatant disrespect from Riley was a different thing entirely. Given her already foul mood, Chloe merely muttered, "Just shout if you need me," and walked off-someone with a keen eye might've noticed she was fuming quite literally, with smoke coming out of her ears ever so faintly.

"Ah, I'll pay for that. Forgive her. And your opinion on Caden is interesting. We ran into him earlier but didn't get much of a chance to talk with him. Merely..." Riley frowned, thinking of how to best phrase it. "I have a feeling he is quite powerful, and not to be trusted. Granted, the same could be said of myself, or even of you..." Riley glanced at Emily. "Or perhaps yourself, Miss Emily. If you've encountered him, I'd be interested to hear your take on him."

Things were shaping up quite intriguingly. There was the offer from the Watcher, which was currently the only employment on the table for the two young killers. Wiping out a gang was going to be child's play for Riley and Chloe, superhuman or no, particularly if the Watcher assisted them. And yet, in the back of Riley's mind, which was a very dark place, another plan started to form, another nice little source of income. The idea, the tiny shred of hope that this might be the last city they stop in, and after here, it's burned IDs and new identities and new lives, somewhere far away-it was too tempting to pass up. And...and if...if they could pull it off, it might only be a matter of days. All they'd need would be a...a...a conflict, of some sort, a catalyst. The exact means of pulling it off weren't as important as the who: a city like this had to have old money, and a city like this was about to break out in something like civil war between the metahumans. They'd merely need a lion to distract the villagers...because no one pays attention to the wild dogs when there's something bigger and badder knocking at the door.

Riley closed his eyes, putting those thoughts out of his head for now. If Sage could detect them-he wasn't entirely sure what the Angel of Light-funny, I thought that's what they called the devil- was capable of, but he merely knew that in the spiritual arena, the gods empowering him were not capable of the One endowing Sage. Treading lightly around her was very wise, if only for him: perhaps it posed no particular danger to any other mutant. Riley was not blessed (or cursed) with the knowledge of how He operated, mostly because Riley didn't think they were on speaking terms at this point. And Emily...how she'd reacted to his probing. What was she hiding? Or was she merely defiant? Either way, it was curious, and merited further investigation. More subtly.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:37 am

Sage wrote:
"I'm guessing you all did see the little light show I put on with my hair... Well, I am a Meta-human too... In fact... I'm the Angel of Light..."
Emily recalled Sage referring to itself as an angel earlier when he pulled here out of the way fo the statue. So even then he was dropping hints, plus I saw his hair light up before just now. Besides that she had suspected it of being meta-human, because... well she didn't really know. The most likely reason was it made her more comfortable to think that Sage was also different. There was definitely no denying it now. Emily beamed at Sage, clasping her hands behind her back. "I already knew you were and angel." With that she giggled.

Riley wrote:
"Or perhaps yourself, Miss Emily. If you've encountered him, I'd be interested to hear your take on him."
Her suspicions were confirmed, this Caden was a powerful meta-human who's been making rounds in Black Fall. Despite Sage's opinion, she regretted not having met him yet. She didn't believe in good or evil, in her mind its all about survival of the fittest. It was how she'd managed so far, and that wasn't about to change. Emily simply shook her head and said "I hadn't even heard of him before now." She was also pleased at being acknowledged as potentially dangerous. Maybe this Riley wasn't so bad after all, but his girlfriend was a different story. She needs to cool it. She laughed silently at her pun.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Faith smiled as she looked at the ground, then up at Nick. She slowly bent down her legs before jumping, launching herself into the sky and ending up right beside Nick. She kept the large, childish smile on her face as she said, "Lead the way."

---
Neal
---

Neal saw the fire girl staring at him. Just... staring. He just glared right back at her, before tuning in his above average hearing back to the converation. So the genderbender was an angel? That explains the annoying confusion. And the girl was also a meta human. Well, isn't this interesting...

Neal felt relief when the shapeshifter told fire girl to keep her thoughts to her self, and in response the girl left. He felt a lot more relaxed now that the one person who had noticed him had left. Neal felt a small smirk on his face when a sudden realization hit him. So the whole pointless, annoying fight was over Mr. Darkness that had done the whole shadow freak show, back there? Interesting. From what he had seen of the fight, however, was that the teenage boy and girl there that seemed to want peace were who the Caden guy wanted to talk to, yet everyone else wanted to talk to him.

Tugging at the edge of his hood, Neal felt his ears flatten in annoyance, but then return to normal as he chose to still remain there and listen. Even if the fire girl had noticed him... it's not like she knew if he was listening or not. It would be completely pointless to worry about her right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next