Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! Empty
PostSubject: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Hello there. Now, believe me when I say this: it is more or less both a roleplay and a forum game. This game, like a roleplay, played in-character. But, unlike a roleplay, it is NOT constant. Every time I activate a game of Mafia, the round will last until the "murderer" is discovered.

HOW TO PLAY THE GAME

We need at least four players to get it started. You can ask to play before I decide to host a game of Mafia, but there is no need. I mean, everybody is allowed to play once I start hosting, unless they decide to not play by the rules. No questions there.

Another thing: If you're familiar with the game, then you have permission to ask to host it.

And now, finally, how to play.

In the game, there are two fractions: Mafia and Vigilante. If you decide to join in a game, eventually, You will be PMed with your fraction. If you end up as a member of the Mafia, you will have to carry on with several tasks: keep your identity a secret and murder the townspeople, or vigilantes. If you're a vigilante, you have to begin guessing who is a member of the Mafia. Don't however, start accusing people out of the blue. If you accuse another vigilante of being a member of the Mafia, your chances of surviving the night drop a little. Speaking of that, I have to talk bout how that works.

The answer is randomization. If a mafia member targets you, I will use a randomiser to see who shall win. If a vigilante survives an attack by a mafia member, I will tell him/her who attacked. If a mafia member wins, I will still tell the person who died. He/she, however, will not be able to participate in the rest of the game. Chat, however, is accepted, as long as he/she does NOT give away the identity of the mafia member.

There will also be daytime/nighttime modes. During the daytime, players have a chance to accuse and discuss the identities of the mafia members. Nighttime is the time when I choose a mafia member to attack someone of their choice.

During the daytime, I may also drop hints to who killed who.

During the first turn, a mafia member of my choice gets to murder an NPC from the media. As in, Patrick Star or something. Be as funny as you like, but be sure it's nobody that may hint towards you.

I think it's pretty fun. If you have questions, feel free to ask; I feek as if I might not have explained everything here.

CHARACTERS
They don't neccisarily have to be human. Just nothing like a slug or anything.

They can be a dragon, dinosaurs, even cats. Just something that could hold a gun.

Have fun!

GAME ONE IS LAUNCHED

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:59 pm

GAME ARCHIVES

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:03 am

I'm very confused. How do we target people without the others knowing who you are?
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:08 am

The vigilantes are not supposed to know who mafia members are. Mafia members know who each other are. After I choose a member of the Mafia to attack, they decide who. If the vigilante is murdered, the mafia member can go back into hiding. If the vigilante survives, the mafia member is out. These games are fairly fast-paced.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:20 am

i mean, if we post that we attacked someone, then how is it kept anonymous?
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:22 am

It is done via PMs, during the night phase.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 am

ok. that makes more sense.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:31 am

Yesh, it does.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:23 am

anyways, I'll play.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 am

The game will be hosted tomorrow, then.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Nice StheT!

This would be classified as a 'Text Adventure' than a Roleplay or forum game. I might make a section for text adventures, if more pop up.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 pm

I hereby declare the first "annual" Mafia Games open!
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Then send tbe Pms!
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Let the games begin.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 pm

We still need more people! Any joiners?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:26 pm

ME! KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK!!!
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Alright, you're in.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm

YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSHHHHH!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!   The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mafia Games: The First Game is Activated! Player Call!
Page 1 of 1