Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Defenders OOC

Go down 
+9
Wolf
Dr. Taco.
Celo "The Moms"
God-Mod
JunkMail
Canis_dirus
True Night
Mr Allen J
Maxx
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

The Defenders OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 pm

So if the Engineer's mobile form is a hologram, how does he move? Holograms aren't solid.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Okay guys, so I figured I should explain how this rp is going to work, as my last post touched on it. Basically, the Mimic have invaded three separate locations in the Solar System; Ceres, Mars, and Europa. Europa is an American colony but the other two have their own governments (I'll also point out that Europa has its own sentient alien race too, though they're peaceful). Basically, for the first few acts of the rp, the group will be split into three subplots; the Martian Subplot, the Europan subplot, and the Ceran subplot. Every group will more or less have three people and the Martian group will have 4 (since we have ten characters). Later, the groups will reunite. I'll organize everyone into groups later.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:04 am

I hope I am not to late to join :3

Name: Roe
Species: Faun (Picture the creature with the lower half of a goat or equine and the top half of a human, much like a centaur without the second set of legs. One example of a Faun is Mr Tumnus from the Narnia series.)

Appearance: (I based her looks off of thislovely drawing which I do not own)

In Roe’s case her bottom half resembles that of a common forest deer. The thick fur that covers her legs and hips is a light chocolaty brown color with groups of white speckles thrown about. A small tail peeks out of her back right above her hips. Roe lacks feet but instead has two hard black hooves, which she takes great pride in keeping clean. However since her arms are considered above her waist her hands are normal five fingered hands. Her hands are much dirtier then her hooves, dirt trapped under her nails and caking on her palms. Baths are not common acts to Roe so it’s not a surprise that the rest of her human part of her body is similarly dirty. More material things like jewelry and makeup are also uncommon on a Faun unless being used for symbolic or religious practices.

The top half of Roe is rather tanned under the dirt along with lean and muscular. Her skin is marked with white freckle like markings that closely resemble the white fur on her legs. Roe has thick, under groomed, light brown eyebrows that are often covered by the bangs of her equally under groomed hair. On special occasions Roe would tie her long hair up into braids and cover them with wild flowers. Her face is a rather odd combination of a human and a deer. Her eyes are dark brown and wide, constantly looking around, her lips and nose almost seem shaded as if smeared with coal dust and she has long ears that often point to sound.

Roe’s clothing is rather simple, an old tanned cotton band wrapped around her chest and a small leather backpack. She sports a set of ran-like horns that sticks out of her head right above her eyebrows. Since she is rather young her horns are short and stubby, not long and sharp. She is slightly shorter then the average female woman and rather lightweight.

Abilities: Roe has a lot of power for being in such a small body. She fights mainly with a modified chainsaw that looks much heavier then it really is. She is also rather talented with navigation and survival using more natural and traditional means. This doesn't mean she is behind the times though, Roe is fairly good at using technology for her age and species.
Weaknesses: Roe can be rather rash when it comes to fighting and tends to fight using all the energy she has, which leads to her burning out rather quickly. She also has trouble fighting things that have flesh, robots are no problem though.

Other: (FLESH) Roe is a vegetarian and although she might make disgusted faces at someone eating venison she would never confront them about it.

Last edited by Dragonbud on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:24 am

Um...DB, music is cool and all, but I'm not sure how well the lute would do against the Mimic. The ADER aren't exactly in the business of recruiting bards. I just don't think she would work in this roleplay, as it is mostly combat-oriented.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:28 am

sh!t man. Lemme see if I can pull a 180 on her or something. Hold up when it comes to weapons would something like lances be ok or are we looking for something more along the lines of laser guns?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:37 am

Db, my dear, we're fighting robots, not The Black Knight. You could combine them and make a futuristic melee weapon of some sort (like maybe a lance with a drill on the end or one that superheats or something).
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:40 am

ooooo a drill lance would be awesome. It's getting rather late on my end however. Maybe I'll sleep on the idea and edit my sheet in the morning. Dude or maybe I'll use some sort of chainsaw weapon
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:04 am

I am thinking I may give this a Try, but It'll be a bit for I can get to making a sheet at all. If I get a bit of free-time I'll start on it tomorrow if your still taking entries.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:39 pm

yeah the only reason mine works is because i can play on differant frequencies macthing said objects and blow stuff up. ill try and fix mine if i have the time
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Ok, because it's not accepted until you fix the strength and form.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Cresent Wolf Moon wrote:
yeah the only reason mine works is because i can play on differant frequencies macthing said objects and blow stuff up. ill try and fix mine if i have the time
You'd need to haul around a rather sizable amp to make that effective, considering electric guitars aren't that loud by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:40 pm

We're always accepting new members put.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Ah okay. Dunno if I'll make a sheet yet today, but If I do get around to it I'll let you know. I might be busy in the evening. May have to help run the movie room.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Alrighty I edited my sheet, everything is the same except for her abilities and weaknesses which are now more about fighting :3 I took out personality because I think I'm going to develop her as I go along.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:09 pm

well i guess i could come up with some sort of portable amp that starts out as a small box but transforms in to a fairly large amp.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Why are you talking about amps?
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:41 am

The 16th Toron wrote:
Why are you talking about amps?
Because an electric guitar that is being used to shatter things with sound vibrations would need a very large amp, not to mention a large power supply. It would need to generate powerful very high frequency sound waves to be effective, and probably wouldn't have much of a range to speak of. It is also probably it would only be effective on glass.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:45 pm

I'm trying to think of a good amp pun but I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:25 pm

So...a Satyr fighting robots with a chainsaw... interesting.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Okay. I got a bit of time. I'm gonna start making a sheet.

Edit: Meh I'll get to tomorrow. I'm a gonna take a nap and the later I'm going to be busy.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Hopefully interesting in a good way. I think being attacked by a half deer wielding a chainsaw would be rather interesting.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:02 am

Half deer guys are centaurs!
half goats are satyrs :3
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:24 am

Really? I always thought that Fauns had two legs and centaurs have four. But I'm no expert in any way shape or form.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:12 am

You are right with the legs part
but the animal part is that satyrs are part goat, not deer XD
bleh I ment part horse on the centaur part in my earlier post

SEE WHAT THE PERCY JACKSON BOOKS HAVE DONE TO ME? XD lol yep, making me a person who goes into specifics
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:27 am

Sure, the satyr with the chainsaw is accepted. Why the Hell not?

And now three people are trolling Myre.

Ok guys, so once DB posts, we will split into three groups. One group will travel to Mars, one to Ceres and one to Europa. I think we have nine members here, so we will end up having three for each group. I need to know who wants to go where, so I can form the groups. Right now this is what I'm thinking about doing;

Europa: Myre, Exo, Jenny, Enomily (you'll see)

Mars: Kraid, 420, Ketryn, Jack

Ceres: Roe, Engineer (if he ever decides to SHOW UP), Q (whom I will introduce when I get a second)

What do you guys think of this? I'm willing to change whatever so long as one group doesn't end up having only one person in it (which is basically impossible but still).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Defenders OOC
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next