Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Defenders OOC

Go down 
+9
Wolf
Dr. Taco.
Celo "The Moms"
God-Mod
JunkMail
Canis_dirus
True Night
Mr Allen J
Maxx
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

The Defenders OOC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:38 pm

He already has a railgun pistol(which I think is a bit small for an effective railgun) and a super sharpened sword. He could enter now and be fine (after all he has that superglue lol)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:42 pm

The laser gun uses the canisters as ammo, the canisters contain the laser beam, the gun is just the apparatus to release the beam safely. The laser gun has liquid helium cooling tubes just in case the canisters malfunction, the helium would not help much if the canisters exploded though.

@toron: when I said slow light I meant that the slow light is contained within the canisters and as soon as It exits the canister it will go full speed.

What are you talking about? How do you know which laser I'm looking at?

And by the way, the laser canister can be loaded with a MAX of 6.7 million degrees worth of light(the light isn't heated to 6.6 mil, but when the light hits the "target" the electrons orbiting the atoms and the atoms themselves will get exited and move around a whole lot causing a little thing you humans know as heat).

PS- super glue rules!
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:03 pm

I looked up the type of laser that can heat a target to 6.5 million degrees. They have one down in California that emits x-rays. Oh and by the way it is a linear accelerator which is about a mile long.
You said the way you charge the gun was plugging into a wall socket. Since the generic wall socket is at most 234 VAC (in the USA at least), good luck charging your gun to that type of energy although lower energies could be obtained easier.

Yes super glue and duct tape make the world go around
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Liam the blooming effect on that laser would make it next to useless as a combat weapon.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:02 pm

I was hopeing that if it not to late i could join in ive already gotten started on my CS so i would like to know if i can join in
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Of course you can join. I made the nanovirus drug buggy especially so that more people could join.

Also Veriska, if Jenny is military then what is her rank?
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:29 pm

So Max, is 420 or Myre going to answer anyone's qustions? or are they just going to let 2 cyborgs and a biomechanical war construct converge on them who might not be pleased with the situation?
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 pm

i guess he might after i come in and wake up
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:34 pm

fine this laser gun is more trouble than its worth even though it would work, I am no good at conveying thought to words. so when you see canisters of, lazor light®, don't act surprised. End.

Also if I am going to lose the laser-gun I must have my superglue glow.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:38 pm

That I can explain. Zinc Sulfide. Something I have jars of in 5 different colors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Consultant Timelord wrote:
That I can explain. Zinc Sulfide. Something I have jars of in 5 different colors.
Wonders how many chemicals and other cool/random/weird stuff is in Godmod's house/room
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm working on a post. Just kinda distracted, so it might take a little bit.

EDIT: I'm also working on a new character, who will be posted soon.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 pm

name: Jack the Ripper, also known as the Bogeyman, The Long Island Killer, and Charles Manson (sort of)
species: Phantom

Appearance: Jack the Ripper appears as a human who is about 6’0”, and weighs around 140 lbs. He is rather slim and almost elegant-looking, with long arms and legs and regal posture. Jack has long black hair normally tied back into a ponytail of sorts (a common hairstyle in Victorian England), as well as some rather scruffy black facial hair. he once had a handlebar mustache but has since abandoned it. Jack’s face seems...insane, to say in the least, with wide, crazy-looking eyes and a mouth almost always stretched in a disturbing smile, like the Cheshire Cat. Jack dresses in average Victorian fashion, wearing a white button-up shirt with a black bowtie and a black jacket with long coattails (yes I know the wording sounds awkward but I’m not up to date on 1880s fashion). He wears a pair of black trousers on his legs and black loafers. On his head is his famous black top hat. He is often seen with a pipe hanging out of his mouth in a rather Holmes-like fashion. The most outstanding feature of Jack is his hands. On command, he can cause long knifelike keratin blades to form from his fingertips, sharp as knives.

personality: Jack was once a cool, calm, and collected sociopathic killer who never seemed to show any bit of emotion. At times he still can be. Jack isn’t the slightest bit disturbed by death. You could hack someone to pieces in front of his eyes and he wouldn’t flinch besides to dab the blood splashes off of his jacket. But now it seems as if something has changed in Jack, and he no longer has that same complete emotional withdraw that he used to. Jack can be extremely impulsive, as well as becoming extremely violent extremely quickly. Yes, he is rather extreme; always being either disturbingly calm or extremely angry. He doesn’t seem to have any middle ground. Jack obviously has some very bad ADHD, and it is made obvious by the fact that he often will simply get bored and walk away when someone’s trying to tell him something important. With his high intelligence and great attention to detail, he probably already knew what they were going to say anyways, so why bother sticking around? Because he thinks he knows everything, Jack can be extremely rude at times, and is rather foulmouthed.

abilities: Jack the Ripper has the ability to warp the strings that make up our universe (just look up string theory if that doesn’t make sense). He does this using a quantum destabilizer disguised as a gold pocket watch on a chain. This watch allows Jack to destabilize his own particles and then cause them to reform in another location. Basically, he can master time and space all with a little pocket watch.

weaknesses: Well, firstly, Jack’s powers revolve around him having the quantum destabilizer. If you take his pocket watch, Jack is basically just a big angry guy with claws. Secondly, Jack’s quantum destabilizer isn’t exactly perfect. Because the brain has so many electrical signals going through it, it is extremely difficult for the quantum destabilizer to completely destroy Jack and then to completely reassemble him perfectly (which is basically what happens). Because of this, Jack often forgets things whenever he uses the destabilizer, making it rather hazardous to use extremely frequently. Also, Jack has to be holding the destabilizer to use it; he can’t just telepathically activate it.

weapons: Well firstly there’s the destabilizer itself, though I won’t confuse you with all the science behind it. Basically it’s bigger on the inside and allows Jack to travel to any place or time that has ever existed. Jack’s main real weapons are his keratin claws, which are razor sharp yet strong enough to cleave through steel. If that doesn’t work, Jack has a wood-paneled revolver which he carries with him at all times. Though, his revolver doesn’t fire bullets. It actually is a housing for all of the Hawking radiation and exotic matter that the quantum destabilizer creates in the quantum tunneling process. When fired, the gun discharges a pulse of exotic matter and Hawking Radiation encased in a dark energy-fueled vacuum. On impact with a solid object, the exotic matter and radiation cause a large explosion, about the size of a grenade blast (the blast isn’t super-huge because the Hawking Radiation keeps the black hole made by the exotic matter from getting super gigantic. Please correct me if I got my physics wrong).

other:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:20 pm

The 16th Toron wrote:
Of course you can join. I made the nanovirus drug buggy especially so that more people could join.

Also Veriska, if Jenny is military then what is her rank?
She was in the military her rank being sergeant major, she got transferred to private sector though.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Posted. Jack has arrived. Hide yo' kids! Hide yo' wife!
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:38 am

-reads Jack the Ripper's CS-

ok.....
Maxx, using Jack the Ripper is one thing, but trying to say that he uses a "quantum destabilizer" to allow him to teleport through time and space is rather overpowered, way more in fact than any shield. You insisted on us using more or less solid technology and science in this RP, but his violates it in so many ways, not to mention basically giving your character un unfair advantage over everyone else here. Jack is a gamebreaker, plain and simple.
In addition, the technology required for something like this is beyond the technology cap you put on everything, and would require more power than he has ability to generate. You're breaking your own rules.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:42 am

I did change the rules some Canis. He can teleport, and it's not very combat-savvy when you have to hit a button on a pocket watch while slashing away with your claws. I never put a technology cap. I said that all powers had to be based in some sort of scientific way. Emma explained exactly how that destabilizer is possible earlier with the scientific Slender thing. Exo has a time machine, and it's far more useful.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:47 am

That awkward moment when you want to say something but know the outcome is not gonna be good
Back to top Go down
The Void
Newborn
The Void

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:27 am

EDIT: Aaaaand of course the RP is already starting off. Anyways, I'll save my sheet here for historic preservation.
name: The Engineer
age: AI doesn't really have an 'age', but he's kinda like reaaaally old.
species: AI/Human

Appearance: He can switch forms. His main form is a holographic-like human shape with next to no detail composed of floating, glowing cyan 0s and 1s, hence the fact he is pretty much binary code. His other form is stationary but quite powerful, as his hologram form is quite restrictive. His stationary form is a metal tube with a hollowed out middle. The top and bottom are supported by poles and inside this 'cage' is a glowing cyan core, which is basically the Engineer himself. Oh yeah, and his core when in the portable hologram mode is inside the center of his chest, that's why the area glows brighter than the other parts.

personality: The Engineer is a chaotic-neutral type of person. He's been alone for a long time with nothing except his mechanical contraptions, so he usually would program them to do his work or he would simply play God with them. So, yeah.
His original personality before becoming an AI was more or less a good-willed joker type of personality. It still remains, he just has been alone long enough to pretty much remake his whole personality.

abilities: (what can your character do? Be detailed)

He can make mechs (big robots) materialize with a lot of concentration and directly control them.
He can also give you radiation poisoning if you get too close to him while he is in Stationary form.

weaknesses: His Stationary form is his best form for 'combat' but cannot move, making it an easy target. Also, an EMP is bad news for him, even if he has a specific program that will initiate when power is cut off from his core.

In his portable form, shooting him directly in the center of the chest will cause major damage to him, as that is where his core is.

In all of his forms, he alone is quite weak without his mechs to control. Also, he has to concentrate while making a mech, so when you cut his concentration (mind you, it is quite hard to do so), a burst of energy will blast everything within a certain radius (including your character if it is close enough to the initial blast), but it gets harder to break his concentration the closer he is to making the mech materialize.

Also, it is nearly impossible for him to make a mech in 'human' form.

weapons: He uses a control system to directly control his mechs from any distance. Also, in 'human' mode, he is able to use guns and physical objects. In stationary mode, he can 'zap' people with his core energy. Also, I don't recommend getting too close to him in stationary mode. His core emits lethal amounts of radiation.

Oh yeah, when all else fails, he can simply throw some of his wasted mech parts at you.

other: Whatever the word was in the rules. Flesh, I believe.
Also, now I'll explain how Engineer is like this and yet was originally human.
Alright, so he actually comes from another universe (sorry, it's the only way to properly explain him). It's been billions of years since the sun died and the last few stars are starting to go out, basically the universe is reaching the end. Humans had long before discovered how to make themselves immortal so of course there was a huge population of humans living on starbases that literally go all the way around the few living stars.

The Engineer's original name was James. He, like everyone else still alive, had decided to become immortal through transhumanism. There was a project going on that would basically allow everyone to keep living after the universe ended and James was a big part of the project. Did I mention the starbase James lived on was around the last star in existence at the time? Anyways, so, what happened was some people were converted into full on AIs (that means they were big machines that could transform from a machine to a human-like hologram). James decided he wanted to have some company after he was alone going to hopefully another universe, and he made himself a program that would allow him to make mechs to keep himself some company until he came across what he hoped would be an Earth in another universe that wasn't either nonexistent or barren.

Anyways, so after the operation that made him a machine, he was put inside a large sphere. Like, really large. The spheres were padded on the inside (white, square-shaped pads full of holographic projectors and things) in case he fell out of the Central Stabilization And Control Chamber (CSAC chamber). After that, he was shot out into a random direction in space. When he was shot into space, he also got to see a nice light show of everyone on the starbase that he knew and loved dying after the star went supernova. Basically, ever since then, all he's done is make mechs and try to find another universe. UNTIL NOW.

After a billion or so years, he went through a void of nothing-ness connecting the universes of the multiverse, and went into the universe this RP takes place in. Turns out, he also landed himself a nice little spot in the middle of a small island on Earth.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:16 am

I would recommend explaining the Engineer a little more. Like how his abilities work and what the limit on them is.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:18 pm

ok i should have my sheet up by today i just got to do personality and weaknesses and the bio although i don't feel good so i might rush it if i dont feel up to it.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Randi Lykos Character Sheet   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:26 pm

ok i think ive finished it i was a little skimpy on the details of the reason how wherewolves came to be but ill probly explain that better when i dont feel like crap and have a clearer head but any way here goes

name: Randi Lykos

species: Lycanthrope

Appearance: Human Form-  He is a tall man about 6 ft. He has long black hair with red  highlights around the tips wears a black top hat, a black tee shirt , Dead Thread Cyber pants, and a necessary evil loki’s mens coat,black fingerless gloves and black steel toe boots. His clothes have also been modified to be change in size when he transforms so that he dosen't end up nude every time he reverts back into a human.

Wolf Form -his body completely changes from an upright, bipedal human appearance, to a four-legged form of a large wolf, with a black coat and scarlet red highlights.walks and runs on all fours, with his shoulder and hip bones contorting to adjust to the front and back legs, his front legs being slightly shorter than his back legs. The fur springs forth from the pores in the skin then retreats back into the body, when he reverts. he  has blood red eyes with small black dots, as pupils.

personality.His family was rich due to their stature and longevity of life the family fortune was handed down through generations but he let greed get the better of him and is very territorial making him someone you don't want to mess with and hord's his treasures like a dragon. He liked to wander around the back alleys underground tunnels and the dangerous parts of town exploring the forgotten and seeking the truth then one day he became sympathetic with those who have fallen far his parents never had any time for him and most nights were lonely he figured he would lead the outcasts and so he took over the lost helping the fallen and took them in as family becoming King of the Underground it wasn't hard with his money and power but in the process he made lots of enemies all trying to tear down his empire apprently some people didn't like him forceing his way in and takeing over and thus hes not too keen on trusting just anyone. although he's become smart in ways of deception and tends to have a silver tongue.

abilities: Human Form-. due to his lycanthrope nature his human strength, sight and smell are also fairly high but not as much as his wolf form and can run up to speeds of 15 mph in human form , Immunity to diseases and most poisons and has a fair regeneration rate.  

Wolf Form- his strength increases by five fold? but is not as strong as the other kinds of lycan’s. He is one of the fastest running up to speeds of 50 mph. he is also one of the best trackers as his sense of smell is legendary. There are stories of victims being unable to escape a vendetta placed on them, even if they moved to the other side of the world.Has excellent hearing, and also has an iron stomach can safely digest almost anything and has an immunity to diseases and most poisons. also has night vision and when they reach the age of 25 his kind tends to stop the ageing process ( age process only can still die by other means just means if he plays his cards right he can live a very long time) and has a fair regeneration rate.

weaknesses:is fatally allergic to silver, can still be killed by bullets like a shot to the head in his human form or heart same for the wolf form depending on how strong the weapon is. sense he has a strong sense of hearing and smell they can be blocked by something overpowering like a sonic grenade or pepper gas or something and possibly crippling for a certain period of time and when using night vision can easily be blinded by sudden bursts of light like a flash grenade.

weapons: human form - uses a modified 1961 Gibson EB-0 Cherry Red passed down from the generations of his family that uses sound waves to influence others behavior, destroys objects by playing on a certain resonant frequency, play a soothing melody or simply be used to bash someone's face in.

Wolf Form - uses very sharp claws and teeth and brute streangth to take down his foe.

other: (Flesh) His great great great great Grandfather was made into a lycan by a mad scientist who genetically spliced his DNA with that of the asian wolf ask my character more about the origin of his kind in rp and i'll probably come up with a story by then and explain it in better detail. Also ask about his stomach because its an augmented artifical stomach but dosent really give him any other benifit than not haveing to worry about sorces of food. if your intreasted
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm

The 16th Toron depending on how he does it, it will either be super badass or will make me want to cut off his head and throw it to a pack of wolves. Sooo tell me is it badass or are you gonna rip my head off a throw it to a pack of wolves?
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:16 pm

hmmm this is for maxx to decide, so I will let it up to him

The average person can deadlift about 2.5 times their body weight. So if Randi weighs 180 pounds, that means with normal strength he should be able to deadlift 450 pounds, which is a reasonable figure. Now since his wolf form multiplies his strength by five fold, then that means he can deadlift 2,250 pounds in his wolf form, or 1.125 tons.
In comparison, an adult male silverback gorilla is estimated to at most be able to deadlift 1,800 pounds, or 0.9 tons.

Maxx what do you have to say?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:42 pm

I really like the general idea of your character Spode. He is going to be a seriously powerful hitter against the Mimic. Luckily, he has enough weaknesses that I'm willing to accept him. Id like it if you could explain more of how the Engineer creates the mechs, and what he can make them out of.

Wolf, a few things. Firstly, change the form switch thing. He can only be in one form. Changing from a human to a wolf would require so much change in his bone structure that he'd die from the pain. Secondly, 5x strength is overkill. Not only is that near impossible to have that muscle mass, but your character's bones would snap. I'll allow strength similar to the gorilla. Since he is genetically engineered, I'll allow him to be able to lift one ton (2,000 lbs), but I seriously hope his bones are really strong.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Defenders OOC
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next