Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Defenders OOC

Go down 
+9
Wolf
Dr. Taco.
Celo "The Moms"
God-Mod
JunkMail
Canis_dirus
True Night
Mr Allen J
Maxx
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 pm

An excellent point. Not only would firing that gun in atmosphere be an automatic death sentence for anyone around it if exposed for a prolonged period of time, but it would require an insane amount of energy.

Long story short, I can't accept that sheet. Now let's all stop critiquing him before we have a fight like what happened on Things Done in the Dark.

Almost done the IC.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 pm

what happened on that RP anyway? it looked promising when I looked at it
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:20 pm

Liam was being illiterate and several people raged about him breaking several rules and he raged back then Lieo got involved and raged at everyone for raging and eventually the whole Ooc got derailed and some people got mad that my characters were really the only ones being attacked by the bad guys.

(What is with that anyway? Its like I'm some kind of evil magnet, I wouldn't be surprised if in real life, everywhere I go there just happens to be a murder or something. Because in every RP I've ever been in all the antagonists are like "KILL GODMODS CHARACTERS! KIIILLL THEM! BURN THEM WITH FIRE!! SEND THEM DEATH THREATS!! MURDER THEM IN THEIR SLEEP!!)

So, everyone got mad at each other and stopped posting. And the RP died.

Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Emma, your characters are always the ones we all need to be afraid of, so therefore yes, we do attempt to kill you.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Le Pokerface:

The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Image12
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 am

puts turbolaser bolt right through forehead of picture..
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 am

IC is up.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 am

Yay!!!

YOU BETTER GET READY TO DIE! YOU BETTER GET READY TO KILL! YOU BETTER GET READY TO RUN 'CAUSE HERE WE COME!!

Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:54 am

Well... posted with a DSi! Razz please excuse the short post, but I feel accomplishment when I do so even if I don't want to do so. *derp* yeah... the DSi's internet sucks. XD
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:56 am

-reads Celo's post about how she could take Kraid and the others
-snickers...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:14 am

Don't look at me, it's not how I would think in her predicament. Blame her *points at Ketryn*
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:21 am

Fair enough, it'll be funny thought because Kraid is the tallest and I think the most massive one here. Wait till you see his glowing orange eyes.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:30 am

So there's more then one orange eye'd OC here XD lol I had made Ketryn's eyes orange cause I figured everyone was gonna do red or yellow or just a normal eye color. I knew I should have done purple eyes XDbut then I thought of how my friend's eyes are so blue they look purple so I figured orange would be most unique
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:40 am

well the picture I used for Kraid and Sigma is actually not for them at all, it is for a unit I made for a verbal RP called The Game that me and Veriska did a while ago. I wanted it to have orange eyes so it looked intimidating but not necessarily evil. Not to mention the character that built it used orange as one of their main colors, especially when it came to lights.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:50 am

name: Claymoor (scotty for short)(donā€™t ask me ask him!)
species: Svotths

Appearance: 6' 0" The Defenders OOC - Page 4 CRE_Claymoor-0f496a23_ful.

Personality: One of many personality's that will be later portrayed in the roleplay, as my mood for the day is established: Claymoor is not not bothered by gore language or any of the sort, and he will behave very erratically and randomly, he has a high amount of slot machine intelligence (he will be a computer geek one second and the next a sports nut who has never even seen a keyboard) but a relatively low amount of standing intelligence. Claymoor will do many things for an OrangeDreamsicle but he will often have mood swings and short fits of unreasonableness (I need to save my team from that mim- Ooh! a Popsicle!)("hey Claymoor can you hand me that orange juice?" "Sure" "tha-" "What are you doing!?!? this is my orange juice!").

abilities: Claymoor is a shape shifter in the way that he is actually a big blob of Supercells
that can move around freely and assemble themselves into whatever shape he wants, so if he chose he could split into two half size versions of himself (half as smart too)(the supercells are each about 2mm around and are covered in optical cells as well as pigment cells. There is also a 27.72 foot telepathic field that Claymoor can control any separated part of his body with) supercells:
(Claymoor is regenerative and is made up of things called super cells, and are about 2 millimeters all around, which each can perform necessary life functions as well as see (blurrily unless many are close together), smell, taste (toggle on/off),hear and feel. Each cell is in effect its own organism and many together make a larger organismā€¦ like a man of war jellyfish. So you can shoot him in the head and he will say OW!!! And cuss at you then walk away undamaged, for the most part. Every cell is also controlled by a short range telepathic field that extends about 27.72 feet in all directions. Very fast reflexes and very smart.)

weaknesses: salt was the easiest thing I could think of, so godmod may now commence finding my weakness/es

weapons: Magnetic railgun
The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzuiU48g9r2KdmLB9pCgCtrL6wOvQ1rwgRsQBdvpkWdR8K9MSz
Imagine a diamond bubble
on top

A bottle containing a liter of fast drying superglue.

The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREW0HG08OEuOFPTsMF1rdk5CKH1df7XMwQRNNHwScGESrW3yQNeQ
The superglue was tested on this guy:
The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPbdYytk93xcD4Nl5hRbnwu4SMUkKNt1B5QJpiueT87A1k84Xt

concentrated slow light laser blaster

The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpm4L09rR9zEqHV9WPqhPN6JhhYKwLHFk9kZIGTNVwSUrKLKqSPw

This can shoot lasers that are 6.6 million degrees (sister is flipping out because it is not 6.5 mil lolz) and the way it works is there are canisters loaded into the gun which are full of light, (I invented light canisters/batteries) the light is loaded into the canisters from a somewhat powerful handheld laser (has a standard wall socket fitting looks sorta like a light saber handle and the laser produces enough heat to give you a nasty burn after 10 seconds of exposure) via a one way mirror and is put through various materials that slow down the light in order to release it effectively. (slow light laser blasters are like comparing an old revolver to a Glock)

portal gun

The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8TqGlPP87f1s1os70A9bFCwecouc_DwRggYRN64lZdHB6LRL6

(white portal surfaces are not required in this test) *cough*this is a joke*cough*(derp godmod thought I was serious)

Okay so you're going to want to use the same technology that is explained here: http://thephantomdoodle.deviantart.com/art/Time-travel-101-part-4-359848823 Which was done on my iPad during a long car ride with no internet connection and a scrappy draw program with a annoying incorrect auto correct so typos ahoy. Your gun would basically be a projector that shoots a type A wimp beam (pseudoscience Weakly interacting massive particle generator here) at an object which it will weakly interact with and show up on the time machines computer screen as a command for 'open wormhole end 1 here' then when you shoot another beam of type B wimp particles which give the time machine the command for 'open wormhole end 2 here'. Although I have no idea what a wormhole that large would look like as they by definition extend in all dimensions like a bubble based on how much energy is fed into them, its relatively safe to say that its radioactive and not entirely visible to the naked eye.

However. Now you must answer the question; where does Claymoor get access to a time machine? I'm willing to let you use mine but you need to put some back story here.

I paid you to get me the portal gun godmod!

atom sword

The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Z

the width of this blade at the edge is 8 atoms then the blade goes back 120 molecules and then goes out one more and so on (The sword is held together by a very strong electromagnetic field similar to the mimics, which is maintained by a high pressure xenon difluoride super battery that also charges a graphine lattice stucture that is interwoven between the molecules that make up the sword which allows the swords coatng of ferro fluid to stay in place and act as a kind of taser fluid but mostly its for pure awsomeness points.) Claymoor built the sword blade using a swarm of nanobots designed to build it out of diamond interlaced with carbon nano-tube threads. The edge structure is actually quite interesting it is made of a carbon lattice interlaced with carbon-nano tubes holding a YBCO molecule chain that is interlaced with hexagonal nano-tube structure and there are iron particulates (not part of the Ferro fluid) that help are held in flux pending so they will stay exactly stationary.(that good enough?)

other: Gangar, Tardis, lemon bars, I like trains, Cobalt pickaxe!!!.

Ps, regarding "The longest functional url code ever" it was around 75 lines of letters numbers and symbols(lost count at 57)
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:52 am

The 16th Toron wrote:
SEVEN MILLION DEGREES??????? THAT'S HOTTER THAN THE SURFACE OF THE SUN!!!

Working on the IC now.

@Veriska: how would you keep the cryo rounds frozen exactly? If you had them in a normal magazine then they'd melt and the hydrogen would escape in a gaseous state. You could make an insulating layer out of aerogel in the magazine, but that would require the bullets to be much smaller than her average round. Not picking, just my two cents I guess.
Its a hand cannon, so it can use insulated and pressurized magazine and still pack a punch. I don't need to have a whole lot of lot of liquid in the bullets for them to be effective. This is because a metal storm handgun shoots fast enough it can shoot multiple bullets down the same line before it recoils.

Last edited by Veriska on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:08 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:59 am

So Lithium, you realize that you couldn't store a laser inside of a canister of mirrors because they would absorb the light in seconds as soon as the source was shut off? You also turn everything including yourself within a large radius to plasma with your 6.6 million degrees? You still have holes.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:11 am

The 16th Toron wrote:
Emma, your characters are always the ones we all need to be afraid of, so therefore yes, we do attempt to kill you.
That's why I left. I had an idea. Everyone ignored it even in the OOC. So I though: Screw it. I can go and post on Othergrounds.

And so I did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:17 am

Theā“perator wrote:
The 16th Toron wrote:
That's why I left. I had an idea. Everyone ignored it even in the OOC. So I though: Screw it. I can go and post on Othergrounds.

And so I did.
I read it, unfortunately I'm not the Game Master (hint hint Maxx)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:46 pm

*face palm* Does lightning turn everything into plasma? no. There are lasers that will heat things to 6.5 million degrees, and that is with today's tech!

*facedesk* You can store light inside a canister, I never said it was just mirrors, however if you used a non reactive or super-cooled material the mirrors could work, but not as effectively as if you had a certain material (this material is un-disclosed) between two highly reflective non reactive mirrors. and if you don't believe me ask godmod.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:05 pm

He wants to use a highly advanved version of this.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:02 pm

canis_dirus wrote:
So Lithium, you realize that you couldn't store a laser inside of a canister of mirrors because they would absorb the light in seconds as soon as the source was shut off? You also turn everything including yourself within a large radius to plasma with your 6.6 million degrees? You still have holes.
Someone's been watching their Vsauce!

6.6 million degrees... How did I not see that coming? It's exposure to the environment Liam. Your laser uses slow light, right? A lightning strike happens for a fraction of a second. Your laser is more exposed. Plus where the hell are you getting a fuel source? Lasers that big are enormous.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:07 pm

But the laser you're looking at has a beam the width of an atom, and only fires for a trillionth of a second. I still question how in hell you are going to sustain the energy requirements for something like that.
Second, lightning is plasma, and it follows a pretty direct path. It is so hot the air is turned to plasma, which is also what happens with a plasma cutting torch.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:14 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I edited Ketryn's sheet a little bit in the weapons area and also included how she can get "recharged," in a way.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Plus if your laser is that powerful and that thin, it would get hit by the Blooming effect SO badly that it would never react its target. I think you need to rethink claymoor's weapons Liam. If you'd like, I just got an idea the other day for a crystalline light grenade (basically, on impact it causes an explosion similar to Forerunner grenades in Halo). I can explain the science behind it to you and you can use that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Defenders OOC
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next