Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Defenders OOC

Go down 
+9
Wolf
Dr. Taco.
Celo "The Moms"
God-Mod
JunkMail
Canis_dirus
True Night
Mr Allen J
Maxx
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Defenders OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Celo The Impossible wrote:
Plus uploading a mind to a computer yet still keeping emotions for it is basically impossible. Sure, the mind could process right from wrong, but emotions can't be downloaded to a computer. Computers can't feel anything.

OH GOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:23 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:38 pm

I figured out a way that you could give a computer emotions and download someones mind into a electronic system and still have it use emotions. The only reason robots don't 'feel' but can calculate pretty much anything is because they have no impulse drives. You could synthesize this in a program however by copying how the original brains neurons and synapses (1's and 0's) communicate and then calculating how many electrical signals each synapse gives each neuro connection and translating each electrical signal as a 1 if it happened or a 0 if it didn't. Then if the neuron fires an electrical signal as the neurons connected to it that's the result of a couple thousand 1's and 0's and would translate as a part of a thought.

You get a exact enough module of the structure of the brain onto a computer and run it like a program, giving it data instead of stimulus and suddenly you have a perfect copy of a consciousness on a machine.

Where as normally the machine would calculate every neuron firing as a 1 and a 0 which just makes it a calculator and can only make logical decisions based on the number of neurons. Where as if you include another layer which controls the neurons individually you can come up with illogical responses to things independent on the number of neurons that are being simulated. All you need is an impulse drive.

Last edited by Consultant Timelord on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 pm

I sicked Emma on you because you said computers can't have emotions. Athena has emotions.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 pm

... I'm just not smart, okai? XD
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 am

Here's my converted and heavily modified character form the now dead Dances with Ghosts.

Name: Jenny Talton

Species: Synthetic (originally human)

Appearance: Click here.

Personality: Jenny is a good natured operative that carries herself with dignity and grace. She takes pride in her work, and prefers to let her actions speak for her. Jenny is a strong practitioner of teamwork, but would rather go solo that deal with an arrogant squad member. She is cool and collected in the face of danger, and not afraid to take risks for the greater good. It is because of her sacrifices in the past that she had to replace her body with synthetics.

Abilities:
Armored stealth suit (uses meta materials to bend light around the user rendering them invisble, also sheds radar, and features anti-grav jets)
Tungsten skeleton (Jenny's skeleton is made of hyper condensed tunsten)
Shock absorbers (massive shock absorbers are built into the legs to withstand falls from immense heights)
Augmented vision (infrared and telescopic)
Magnetic grip (electromagnets in hands and feet for scaling metal surfaces)
Cyber brain (can send and receive information and communications with her brain, this includes uploading herself into the net or friendly machines, features a strong firewall)
Neuro hacking (the ability to use her augmented brain to hack things, this requires a direct connection)
Targeting computer (compensates for environmental conditions and gravity, making her a crack shot)
Voice modulator (allows the user to change their voice at will)
Synthetic body (grants inhuman strength, improved reaction time, heightened senses, ablative dermal armor, control over pain receptors, the bodies synthetic material utilizes carbon nanotubes and the like, immunity to the vacuum of space, and insulation against temperature and electricity)

Weaknesses: The suits meta materials are easily damaged, which renders its cloak inoperable. Jenny's metal skeleton and synthetic flesh do not heal on their own. An electromagnetic pulse will fry her guns. While being insulated extreme cold will freeze her fluids, extreme heat damages her synthetic tissue, and large quantities of electricity mess up her systems and make her artificial muscles twitch erratically. Lastly her hacking works two ways leaving her vulnerable to being hacked herself.

Weapons:
Vibroblade ( hyper compressed tungsten katana with a simple, but powerful motor that vibrates at ultra sonic speed, making even the slightest touch devastating)
Metal storm hand cannon (a large, burst capable handgun that uses plastic explosive in its bullets. Jenny utilizes many ammo types including: explosive, tracker, high velocity, disruptor, cryo, armor piercing, and flechette)
Mass driver (rifle that fires electromagnetically propelled slugs, it has too much kickback for an ordinary human)

Other: flesh

Last edited by Veriska on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:14 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:53 am

You had me when I saw that your character looked like Cortana lol. accepted.

I'm gonna try to make the IC tonight.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:06 am

Name: Kraid

Species: biomechanical entity

Appearance: Kraid stands 7 feet tall. It is also heavily armored, and streamlined to deflect energy, bullets, and explosions, as well as allowing it to run fast with minimal air interference.
https://s1288.photobucket.com/user/Grady_Wolf/media/terax_zps8ff16586.png.html

Personality: Kriad, being a synthetic organism, usually displays a calm and calculating exterior. It can be in the most dangerous situation and still seem calm and composed. When it is not aggressive, it usually also has a curious air about it.

Abilities:
Kraid features a conversion/construction core inside its body that allows it to consume materials and use them for repair, fuel, or making small parts using molecular/nano technology. The healing ability is also augmented by engineered biological cells. It also has energy vents on its wrists, back, and in its mouth which allow it to vent excess energy. Kraid also possesses a magnetic/adhesive grip system on its hands and feet which allow it to climb surfaces. It is immune to disease, and its armor can withstand up to 10,000 degrees Fahrenheight, as well as being very hard enough to withstand large amounts of trauma. Kraid has extensive detection systems which allow it to detect infrared, visible light, and gamma radiation, as well as zoom and take pictures. It also can use gamma imaging similar to x-rays, which allow it to see through walls. It also contains sensitive audio and olfactory sensors. It utilizes a combination of electromagnetic drivers and hydraulics to give it immense strength and speed. Do not try to hack it.

Weaponry:
Kriad can use its energy ports to release 9,940.73 degree plasma for use as a flamethrower (also gives it ability to fly). It also sports a magnetic-hydrodynamic weapon which uses electromagnets to fire nano-sized liquid tungsten particles (can use other paramagnetic metals as well) at Mach 25 in a continuous beam at a target, fired from its mouth. Kraid also can use its claws and teeth. It is also is capable of picking up nearly any handheld weapon and using it with some proficiency, especially guns.

Weaknesses: Because of it being biomechanical, Kriad is partially vulnerable to EMP, giving it an unpleasant shock as well as temporarily neutralizing its healing ability. It is also a learning unit, so an accomplished shapeshifter can deceive it if they get the details covered. The magnetic-hydrodynamic weapon takes ammunition occasionally, and while the exterior armor can withstand high temperatures, the interior cannot so Kraid cannot do stuff like swim in lava or anything.

Other: Flesh.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:56 am

We definitely have enough people to start, I await you finding good intro music.

Oh and I added more variety to the list of example projectile types I plan on using. It shouldn't be a problem, since there's more types of bullets than I care to list. The only reason I even bothered was that the ammunition I added was significant (cryo and EMP rounds).
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:19 am

so explain how you would do an EMP bullet?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:23 am

I decided that disruptor ammo is more feasible (bullets containing ions). The cryo rounds use liquid helium. I've done my homework and it will flash freeze just about anything.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:27 pm

name: Claymoor (scotty for short)(don’t ask me ask him!)
species: Svotths

Appearance: 6' 0" The Defenders OOC - Page 3 CRE_Claymoor-0f496a23_ful.

Personality: One of many personality's that will be later portrayed in the roleplay, as my mood for the day is established: Claymoor is not not bothered by gore language or any of the sort, and he will behave very erratically and randomly, he has a high amount of slot machine intelligence (he will be a computer geek one second and the next a sports nut who has never even seen a keyboard) but a relatively low amount of standing intelligence. Claymoor will do many things for an OrangeDreamsicle but he will often have mood swings and short fits of unreasonableness (I need to save my team from that mim- Ooh! a Popsicle!)("hey claymoor can you hand me that orange juice?" "Sure" "tha-" "What are you doing!?!? this is my orange juice!").

abilities: Claymoor is a shape shifter in the way that he is actually a big blob of Supercells (ask godmod)

This is God-mod. Liam, I explained how the super cell works previously and its your job to ether copy paste the original explanation or just rewrite it and show that you actually know how it works.

Here is the original supercell explanation taken from a past character sheet written by Liam; "Claymoor is regenerative and is made up of things called super cells, and are about 2 millimeters all around, which each can perform necessary life functions as well as see (blurrily unless many are close together), smell, taste (toggle on/off),hear and feel. Each cell is in effect its own organism and many together make a larger organism… like a man of war jellyfish. So you can shoot him in the head and he will say OW!!! And cuss at you then walk away undamaged, for the most part. Every cell is also controlled by a short range telepathic field that extends about 50 feet in all directions. Very fast reflexes and very smart… mostly. Ooh and he is violently bipolar."

I can explain it in more depth but I'd prefer it if Liam showed that he knows how his own character works. (In reality he reads enough pop-sci/discovery magazines that he should, he's just being lazy because he one-finger types.)

that can move around freely and assemble themselves into whatever shape he wants, so if he chose he could split into two half size versions of himself (half as smart too)(the supercells are each about 2mm around and are covered in optical cells as well as pigment cells. There is also a 27.72 foot telepathic field that Claymoor can control any separated part of his body with)

weaknesses: salt. (No he wont melt!) but it will cause him to go into a sort of coma if large amounts touch him at once.

You need to explain why salt is toxic to him Liam. We're not telepathic. Man up and use your keyboard for more than minecraft.

weapons: Magnetic railgun Please for the sake of formatting, press the enter button before and after every image URL you load.

The Defenders OOC - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVcI0P3Cn-l-cJ2i3lRsYAcAHT7qklCsJSW3pLPk_ztUmsMI_06Q

This would break easily if dropped and contain a high grade version of YBCO variety of rare earth superconductive nano structured ceramic materials. If you were to drop it the next time you go to load something metallic into the chamber flux pending would occur and you're never getting that piece of metal back without pulling the barrel open, further damaging the disks and removing it with forceps so you don't freeze your fingers off or get electrocuted as super conductors only function at -200 F or possibly a bit higher when containing metal alloys and electrically charged. (Pseudoscience says the YBCO rings are vacuum sealed to maintain their temp longer before needing a liquid nitrogen infusion/bath) So the gun would have a fancy glass thing on top and look nothing like the picture.

+/- ion emitter

The Defenders OOC - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4qTVS3SVwdP615J0gII2YeYTjavotmBVuV3CZ9hpH4zbDvkvX

Okay, this one is just stupid. The - and + ion bit is the same technology used to make these things: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_ioniser So, yeah. You've made a air purification gun. Whoop-de-do. So all you'd really accomplish is converting a bunch of normally useful electricity into static electricity which will damage pretty much no one.

concentrated slow light laser blaster

The Defenders OOC - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpm4L09rR9zEqHV9WPqhPN6JhhYKwLHFk9kZIGTNVwSUrKLKqSPw

(this can shoot lasers that are 7 million degrees or a nearly harmless laser to burn a hole in your hat).

No. Just... no. Slow light is extremely hard to create and while it is possible to store it in very thin reflective completely non reactive vacuum canisters pretty much indefinitely, (Light batteries!) the machinery used to create the charges (Which would basically replace bullets and look a lot like a very small, thin CD) is very complicated and expensive to run. Theoretically in the future it would be possible to create such a devise but you wouldn't be able to buy the ammunition just anywhere. You'd probably need to own one of the machines yourself. So in order for me to accept this you need to explain how your character obtains the light rounds and ditch the multiple settings feature because your gun would release exactly how much slow light was in the round instantaneously. So unless you want to carry around a bunch of different sized rounds in different cartridges or something your're going to want to just stick with it having only one setting.

portal gun

The Defenders OOC - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8TqGlPP87f1s1os70A9bFCwecouc_DwRggYRN64lZdHB6LRL6

(white portal surfaces are not required in this test)

*cough*impossible as stated*cough*

Okay... so... portal gun like from portal... well this is going to be a bit of a challenge to scientifically BSify convincingly.

[half an hour later]

Okay so you're going to want to use the same technology that is explained here: http://thephantomdoodle.deviantart.com/art/Time-travel-101-part-4-359848823 Which was done on my iPad during a long car ride with no internet connection and a scrappy draw program with a annoying incorrect auto correct so typos ahoy. Your gun would basically be a projector that shoots a type A wimp beam (pseudoscience Weakly interacting massive particle generator here) at an object which it will weakly interact with and show up on the time machines computer screen as a command for 'open wormhole end 1 here' then when you shoot another beam of type B wimp particles which give the time machine the command for 'open wormhole end 2 here'. Although I have no idea what a wormhole that large would look like as they by definition extend in all dimensions like a bubble based on how much energy is fed into them, its relatively safe to say that its radioactive and not entirely visible to the naked eye.

However. Now you must answer the question; where does Claymoor get access to a time machine? I'm willing to let you use mine but you need to put some back story here.

atom sword

The Defenders OOC - Page 3 Z

the width of this blade at the edge is 8 atoms then the blade goes back 120 atoms and then goes out one more and so on (this sword also has a built in EMP emmiter.)

Dear god that has got to be the longest functional URL code I have ever seen. But um... how would he get this sword? The technology needed to create it would be like the 3D printer used to copy people when they're being teleported. And then what the hell is it made of that it can stick together at 8 atoms thick? A graphine chip is only 1 atom thick but it can't hold together at all and has to be coated in plastic so it does't break when you breath on it. Carbon nano-tubes maybe but then it would be molecules not atoms. You need to explain how he got this sword as well. And no to the EMP.

other: Gangar, Tardis, lemon bars, I like trains.

Last edited by Lithium Americium on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Oookay.... Liam... I said to send me the sheet via email or something before posting it... so I could proof read it and all that. Now I have to go crack your passcode and change some scientific inaccuracies and no I will not be doing this again. Next time you post something this bad I'll just crack your passcode and remove the post, save what you had written to word then make you edit it to make it look like you actually spent more than 3 minutes on it at umbrella katana sword point.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Godmod, if there is a problem you shouldn't be editing his stuff directly. He needs to do it himself or consider not joining this RP. You shouldn't do all his thinking for him either.
In addition, the portal gun needs a big explanation because in the game it could only project portals onto concrete surfaces, not metal or certain ceramic surfaces. And how are you going to make the sword generate EMPs without giving yourself one heck of a shock and damaging the sword? Not to mention that the most viable thing you could put on the sword, an explosively pumped flux compression generator, destroys itself while generating an EMP.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:07 pm

He knows all this stuff. He can explain it verbally to you but he's to lazy to do it in text. I know because he's my brother and we discussed this whole thing prior to him writing the sheet. It was part of the agreement that he had to write up all the stuff in his sheet or I would edit it, make him read it and then have him redo everything he got wrong.

And he as to do the RP. Its part of his writing assignment as an alternative to doing pretty much the same thing with my 2 little sisters in the standard writing class my mom uses for them.

He wanted to do it with people his own age and grade level so he didn't have to deal with his two younger sisters illiteracy. So this is kind of like his school project. And he needs to be fully literate by the end of it.

I am also under direct orders from my mother to correct his work and send a copy of it with my edits to her and this is the easiest way to do it so I don't have to reformat anything.

... if you can't already tell, our family homeschools. So this is technically part of his curriculum.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm

I was going to say, if he can RP as a school assignment, his school sounds pretty awesome.

Very well, I didn't know he was your brother. And he needs some better explanations for some of those weapons. And you should make him write them himself, which is apparently what your mom wants him to do.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Oh he will be rewriting everything I corrected. What I did is basically just a place holder so the other RPers can get the general idea of the character and its limitations without having to see and be confused by the 5 different versions he ends up writing before getting a sheet that's acceptable. The blue text will be edited out and replaced with the stuff he writes as soon as he finishes it.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:01 pm

ok good. Make sure to get the thing about the blade being a few atoms thick part, seriously.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Lithium Americium wrote:
challenge to scientifically BSify convincingly
I thought this RP was supposed to be science based more, not who can pseudoscience and technobabble good.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:43 pm

canis_dirus wrote:
Lithium Americium wrote:
challenge to scientifically BSify convincingly
I thought this RP was supposed to be science based more, not who can pseudoscience and technobabble good.
YEAH SCIENCE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:04 pm

SEVEN MILLION DEGREES??????? THAT'S HOTTER THAN THE SURFACE OF THE SUN!!!

Working on the IC now.

@Veriska: how would you keep the cryo rounds frozen exactly? If you had them in a normal magazine then they'd melt and the hydrogen would escape in a gaseous state. You could make an insulating layer out of aerogel in the magazine, but that would require the bullets to be much smaller than her average round. Not picking, just my two cents I guess.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Its what is commonly known as humor because the science supporting the portal gun is so far out in regards to being able to have the character jump through it/open it without killing everyone with radiation is so far fetched and hard to control that while remotely possible the logistics are such that it doesn't make much sense to have something like that.

And I'm making him edit it so its the same temperature as the slow light produced in the actual experiment. And to his credit, lightning is hotter than the surface of the sun as well.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Yeah, but it's not that hot. I don't know why you'd want slow light anyways. I mean, what's the use of light that doesn't travel light speed?
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:46 pm

I just came up with science for it. Now a reason for why the hell would you even want it.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 pm

especially when you could use something like a pulse laser. Not to mention if he is using something that generates millions of degrees, then what power source is he using for that gun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Defenders OOC
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next