Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once in Light

Go down 
+8
FlowerFox
JunkMail
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
True Night
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

Once in Light - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Yes. Hooray for free WiFi!
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:20 am

Indeed. That's the one thing I like about school. What sucks is when you leave your cell in your car which is on the setting that lets you join wifi networks automatically and the school's wifi copies down any cell phone numbers that connect to wifi so next thing you know the principle calls you to the office and checks your bag and doesn't believe you when you say your cell phone is in your car until you take him out there and show him.

yeah, it happens.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:31 am

My school's wifi is supposed to be locked, but everyone I know has the password because they're rubbish at keeping it secret. Sillies.

Fun Fact: Mare Desiderii means "Sea of Dreams."
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:40 am

cool Very Happy I also make my character names usually with meanings. Aiko means love child, or "child of love." It's not meant to really reflect her personality- I just wanted a name with ai (love) in it and aiko sounded cool XD
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:39 am

A tavern is another word for an inn. So you don't need to find two places, they're one in the same.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 am

Actually, I've seen them used in different ways. I've seen the term tavern used to also just describe a normal gathering place for entertainment without any rooms to stay in in a few books. But I've also seen the term used for inns, so I'll change it. Sorry XD
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:23 am

Nothing to apologize about.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:44 am

I dunno if it's just me, but it seems like everyone on Roleplex posts super slowly.

I am used to much faster-moving RPs....
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:02 am

So am I. It's called real time xD

I actually think this RP is going a decent rate, not like Veins of a new World was at first though. That used to be super fast... and now nobody is posting.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:05 am

My first RP had three-five hardcore members. There was not a day where we didn't post at least 10 times.

Ahhh those were the days. XD
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 am

*sigh*
If we ever get back to MC I want to make a new rp room, just 'cause...
Actually it'd be cool to go on survival and plan to actually build something... big.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:13 am

I liked the RP room we had on Cobalt... It was pretty. And had benches....and cake...

And Opajik....
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:18 am

Dernit why did I mention that.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:26 am

I dunno. -sadface-
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm tempted to put some edits into my sheet :3 Ill do that later
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:19 pm

I plan to post sometime today. Gonna take my time and think n it first though.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Name:Farkas
Race:Dragonling (a dragonling is a half dragon and half human)

Appearance: His scales are red like the color of blood, his eyes are slinted and the color of saphires, he is 6 ft tall and has long sharp claws that look like they could tear through steel. His hair is long and blonde, also it shines in the light blowing gently in the wind. Has a muscluar build, wears a magnificant red cloak and a simple black mucle shirt underneath as well as bright red pants and sandles. He has a elongated snake like tounge but dosen't have the fork in the toung like most snakes. He has a large set of exquisite wings that have a thin pink leathery membrane when he flys close to the ground the light shines  through and you can see a faint pink light  in the shadows. Lastly, he has a long fine tail with a sort of spike at the end.

Personality: He was always pretty territorial when it comes to certain people like his wife or very close freinds or his stuff like his money or personal items, he can even be abit greedy sometimes, but overall he is a pretty kind person and and is said to be a gentleman and always gives someone the benifit of the doubt.

Skills: He's always been pretty good at hunting and cooking when he was little his mother taught him how to survive in the wild on his own. Later on he learned how to fight first from his dad then  Unessa his wife later on, and basic thievery skills like sneaking, and pickpocketing lockpick skills and even how to detect traps and disarm security systems regular or magical. due to his draconic nature he has been gifted with eyes that can see in the dark and see stuff far in the distance many more times than a human.

Powers: from when he was little his mother taught him the ways of magic and he became very adept at dragon magic and fire magic. Then later on he studdied in the ways of teleportaion or portal magic and soon was able to cast his first portal now he can portal over to places hes already been before which comes in handy from time to time. his dragon and fire magic is based something like this http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Dragon_Slayer_Magic

Items: Wedding ring of the soul mate alows the bearers to communicate from afar and also acts as a sort of tracking device. The fire sword, fire dagger is basicly what it says a sword cast in a magical flame that surrounds the sword or dagger. Usefull as a torch or burning an enemy the intencty of the flame widely depends on the user master flame wielders have been known to turn the sword into something like a lazer blade that can cut through preaty much anything.

History: Farkas grew up with his mom Akira who was a beautiful and exquisuite fire dragon and his dad who was a human. His dad was always the manly type of man who belived in one's own power. They all lived together on a pretty large volcanic island, in the middle of the sea,in a cave near the valcan and they both taught him alot. They always kept a large hoard of gold wepons and knowladge. Then when he turned 18 his mom told him it was time to go and see the world so she gave him a fire sword and dagger for his travles and alot of gold and he said his goodbyes and left home and  when he could he would  stop by for a visit. Sometime after he met Unessa a anthropormorfic wolf lady who was a very beautiful thief. After she tried and failed many times to steal from him Unessa sought it as a challange and kept trying but couldn't help but fall head over heals for him and one day Farkas asked her out and after they dated for 2 years he finaly proposed to her and had a marvolus and helarious wedding with freinds  and family (his mother came and the priest was scared out of his mind and of course there was a cake fight. Now they travel together exploring the world seeking adventure.

Fire and Light

There hows that for detail.

Last edited by Wolf on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Name:Unessa
Race: Anthro Wolf (Wolf with human characteristics)
Appearance: Unessa has short but a beautifull golden fur coat that gleems and shines in the sunlight giveing her a gorgeous radiance, her firey red hair is long and well kept falling down past her shoulders. She often wears baggy camo cargo pants and a dark green tank top that shows her belly button and shows off her slim muscular build and walks around barefoot cuse she likes the feel of her feet on the ground. When shes out hunting targets to steal from she chooses a different attire completely so she can lure in targets with her looks or whenever she attends a formal event. This attire would be a marvolus red dress with a holster underneath to hide weapons a charming and ornate dimond necklace and high heel shoes and caries around a leather purse.  

Personality: Unessa was always proud of her looks and made sure to groom her self well every day but kept a tomboyish kind of style when she's not working to steal peoples gold or when she just wants to hang out with her husband Farkas and likes to kick back and relax. Normaly she has a hard time when it comes to trusting others and is very territorial of her stuff. Although she can get very angery and has a bit of a temper when it comes to certain things and you do not want to make her mad and can get easily jelous when it comes to Farkas. When she's out looking fine and in her best attire she adopts a well mannerd and innocent personality to lure in men and merchants sometimes even females and is often more interested in whats in your pockets that your name.  

Skills: She has been an expert in stealing, sneaking, picpocket, lockpicking, looking fine and taking names. She has skills with bows, daggers and throwing knives. Also skilled in bartering and has good charisma. Also is a good cook and hunter.

Powers: Farsight which allows her to see past her normal range of sight. Portal or teleportation magic she can create a portal only needing a general sense of where she wants to go. her enchanted bow allows her to fire magic arrows that follow a target of her choice as long as target is within sight.

Items: She weilds an enchanted bow, two fire daggers and, a set of throwing knives

History: When she was young her parents were always poor and barely had enough to feed her let alone themselves and so they abandoned her out on the streets where she learnd to fend for herself and met some others that were like her and showed her the ways of theivery. As she grew older she got more and more better until a leader of a caravan who took pity on her and took her in when she was 10 he also taught her the ways of the merchant and how to barter and haggle when to sell and when to buy. She carried on and honed her skills in all kinds of things and lived with the caravan for about 7 more years before leaving on her own. Afterwards she met Farkas who proved to be quite the challange after awhile she grew fond of him and started dateing him he was the only one who wasen't fooled by her looks and actualy truely cared about her. Then they got marries and decided to travel together.

Other: Fire and Light
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:24 am

*is now saying tavern and terran while biting tongue*
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:51 am

Sounds sort of similar... can't believe I just did that though lol
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:06 am

True Night wrote:
So am I. It's called real time xD

I actually think this RP is going a decent rate, not like Veins of a new World was at first though. That used to be super fast... and now nobody is posting.
That's why I keep reminding you guys on this thread to post. *death glare*

Anywaaaay... I have my sheet ready!

Name: Luci

Race: Pygmy Stockcei Drake

Appearance: Luci is a short, stocky drake that stands on four feet. She is 8 feet long and 6 feet tall. She has a short neck armored with purple plates. She has a stubby snout and a very heavily plated face with her plates. Her torso structure is more like a mixture of a hare's and a wolf's than a drake's. Even more spiked plates cover her shoulders and the front of her body. They slowly become smaller and thinner the closer they are to her stub of a tail, eventually disappearing when they reach 3/4 down her body. The armor looks like flat, indigo pumice, and is lodged into her skin. It isn't exactly resting on top of her body, but instead it has bark like flesh covering the corners and edges. Her tough skin is a sand like color wherever it isn't plated, and almost has a chain mail like texture to her chest and stomach. Her legs are short and long hooked claws protrude from the end of them. She has bright orange eyes that have a purple essence to them. Luci lacks ear lobes and instead has two holes under a pair of foldable, curved thick flaps of flesh. They're tough and calloused, and very much like the plates. She has a skeletal hand as a pendant hanging around her neck. A harness is strapped around her front legs with pockets that hold various items.

Personality: She's a sweet yet sassy little drake that loves to play games with her fellow Arcanians. Luci is very playful, though some might consider her a nuisance. She can have occasional bouts of sadness, since both of her parents are dead. When she makes a friend, she becomes very loyal towards that person. She'll even put their needs before hers, although they have to gain a lot of trust for that to happen. Luci will sometimes grow fond of certain people and tend to stay close to them. Occasionally she'll have a snooty attitude when things don't go her way. She isn't one to apologize for something she did wrong. She usually tries to blame it on other people and attempt to get them to apologize instead, even if they've done nothing wrong. Perhaps she'll say something along the lines of, "You made me do it," thinking that that person was the instigator, and not reflecting on her actions. Though this is a rare part of her personality, it still happens every so often. She absolutely loves eating, and will eat whenever she has the chance, whether it's fruit, candy or some sort of meat, Luci will eat it. She likes life and will stick up for other Stockcei. Though they're rare, she'll see one every so often, often attempting to befriend that one. She'll make fun of others, as a joke of course, but be very offended, perhaps even more offended than the person she teased, when they tease her back. This drake is sensitive in both good and bad ways. She's very caring, but will get very hurt if someone were to make fun of her. Luci will try to avoid conflict, but defend herself when she feels it is necessary.

Skills: Luci's plates are twice the hardness of a normal bone, making it somewhat like an exoskeleton. She has teeth like daggers that are curved inward. Her long claws make for a perfect swipe that will definitely hurt. Her sense of smell is very strong. Luci is particularly good at smelling objects that are dusty, metallic, or unsanitary. Although she can still smell other things just as well, she's more in sync with those things, thus making her able to smell those better.

Powers:

Plate and Claw Enchantment - Luci's armor plates and claws can become enchanted to the point that they turn to pure iron. When that happens, her eyes turn a bright sheen of chrome and dust particles begin to float around her. She's able to this whenever she wants, as long she isn't extremely tired, ill, weakened, etc. In some instances they can even turn to steel, though there are certain circumstances that must be met before that is allowed to happen. For this to happen, she has to concentrate her mind to the point where every sound around her is muffled to a whisper, ignoring all of it. She has to get lost in deep thought and consume all of her fears with concentration. She's never done this before, and has never even tried it before either, but she knows it's possible to attempt. She's never used it because she's never had to, thus she never practiced it.

Metal Shard Emanation - This type of emanation spawns metal shards around her and shoot out in different directions. She's not very good at this since she never practices. The shards despawn with each new shard emanation, although she can keep certain shards existent if she wants to. Extremely rarely she'll spawn a precious metal, though there's such a small chance, she'll probably never spawn one in her lifetime. Only the most experienced of the stockcei can make precious metals, and even they have trouble doing it. Along with that, the chunk of gem would be so little that it would barely worth anything.

Items: Luci has a skeletal hand as a pendant that hangs around her neck and a harness attached to her front legs. The harness has small pockets that contain various items. Most of them are just jewels she's found in caves.

History: When Luci was young, her parents were killed by a Arcan god, Zal-Tek. Her parents told her when she was small to leave home if anything were to happen to them. She managed to travel very far away from home. She eventually came to the town of Springvale, and made her new home there. She would leave every so often to look for gems to sell. She was on the way back to Springvale as the RP started.

Theme:
Spoiler:

Other: Fire and Light
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:59 am

Don't advertise your RPs on other OOCs, Glerp.

;D
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:34 am

WOO GLICT
FINALLY Razz

Post as soon as you can, yah?  As soon as everyone gets their introductions in and all, we can actually do stuff :3

So yeah. Both of you are accepted. Wolf, your new char sheets look nice, and as long as you keep up an actual effort any mistakes are fine :3

Also I think some people are either easily distracted, in different timezones, or never on...
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:53 pm

I know all about timezones... I've lived near the edge of one most of my life.

And I'll get a post in today. I promise!
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Yay I posted I hope this one dosen't end up like the defenders
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once in Light
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next