Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once in Light

Go down 
+8
FlowerFox
JunkMail
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
True Night
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:49 am

The sun was just peeking over the tops of the trees, preparing to shine it's Summer heat down another day.  It filtered through the leaves onto the wide, packed dirt path leading through the forest.

A pure white drake, scaled, with only a row of small spikes down her back, looked over the crest of the hill.  Her bright aqua eyes scanned the town below for a moment, then she turned around.

A large sand colored serpent slithered up and raised himself to eye level much too close to her face.  His neon green irises all but drowned out his pupils, slitted to the point of near invisibility.  The dark red frill running down his back was folded back, and for that the white drake was glad.  It was much too obvious, and someone might see them.

"So?" He said expectantly, "we're here, let's go!"

She shook her head, exasperated.  "We've done this too many times for you not to know, Kabiri, we can't attack now."

Gerrin, a dark gray feline, much like a tiger, only with thinner, pale gray stripes, came up from behind the serpent.  He, however, remained at a respectful distance.  His eyes, also cool gray, scanned the scene calmly.  "Lessya," he said, "I believe Kabiri is teasing you again."

Lessya glared at both of them commandingly, "just shut up, we need to find somewhere to hide for the day."

She looked back over the village, a small stop on the way from the coast to the desert, and the trading city of the Kir-Akh.  There were sure to be many people present who didn't live there.  News would get out.  But that was fine, it was time for them to be known.

"We go in at sundown," she stated firmly, "let's make it quick, quiet, and let no one escape."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{MAP OF ARCAN}

{IC HERE}

Welcome to 'Once in Light', an rp taking place in my very own world, Arcan.  I'm honestly surprised I'm even doing this, Arcan has always been my own personal story.  I may never do this again, but if it turns out well there's a good chance I will.  So please, let's make this good.

Your characters will all start in the village that is about to be attacked, and the rp itself starts the very same time that short story does.  And no, no one will see it coming.  Your character doesn't have to live in that village.  They could be a merchant passing through, or they could be exploring.  They could even be on vacation.  Whatever.

Now for some basic info on Arcan itself.

Arcan is a fairly generic fantasy world, set in medieval times, with very little that could pass for 'technology'.  There is, however, pseudo magic, which operates similarly to electricity.  If anyone wants a character using that, I'll tell you how it works.  But be warned, it's complicated.

Besides that, Arcan is divided (mainly) into two continents.  This rp will be taking place on the southern continent, starting in the forest in the southwest, though far from the ocean.  The southern continent is inhabited almost entirely by mythical creatures, and most of them are sentient.  There are a few exceptions, but in general, if it has magic, it's sentient.  Otherwise not.

The northern continent, which will not be in this rp at all, is largely inhabited by humans and similar things like elves and dwarves.  The only humanoids native to the southern continent are the Kir-Ahk, who specialize in pseudo-magic, but have no magic of their own.  If your character is a humanoid, they either come from here or from the plains a good bit to the east of where this rp starts, there's a small village there.  They're obviously travelers.  Humans can learn any kind of magic through practice, unlike the other creatures.  Most mythical creatures either cannot use magic, or have a specific type they use, based on their race.  Some also have specific elements.

That's most of the generic info, much more and this post would be a MONSTER.  Ask me for specifics, if you want.  Otherwise I'll probably just end up telling you.

AND NOW IT'S TIME FOR A HISTORY LESSON.
This is common knowledge, history as taught by word of mouth.  It might be correct, it might not.  It is, however, important.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About 70 years ago, the Dark Siege began.  Shallno, the draconic god of evil, came physically to Arcan with a great army, and began laying waste to the land.  The few who survived his raids were given a choice, join him, or die.

It is important to note that Shallno isn't one for wanton destruction, that helps no one.  His goal, instead, was conquest.  More worshippers and land means more power to the god.

Meanwhile in the northeastern mountains, Ishcar, a young golden dragon, rose to become a general.  With the help of a renegade army and a light creature, Sasha, the ghost of his childhood friend, they fought their way to Shallno's castle in the northwest, by the coast.

The battle was long, but eventually Ishcar found Shallno alone.  They fought, and even as they did Ishcar realized that his opponent was not truly Shallno.  It was a young wyvern who had been possessed by the god.  Try as he might, Ishcar could not save the wyvern, and was forced to kill him.

Thus ended the war, and things started to go back to normal.  Those who fought against Shallno were given homes in the Golden City, the greatest city in the world in the center of the southern continent.  Ishcar himself was given a mansion.  All was well.

Until one day Sasha murdered her old friend.  No one knows why, perhaps out of jealousy.  She was never truly given the spotlight for her help.  She was arrested, but she fought and killed her guards.  She spread a trail of death through the city, easily dispatching anyone who dared try to stop her.  She escaped, and since then has been driven out of every city she's ever seen in.  She is still alive, and should anyone manage to capture her, she should be awarded the death penalty for high treason.

And that's that.  Now, if you're interested in the rp:

RULES

1.  No godmodding.  I shouldn't have to say this, but here it is.
2.  Don't... Say... Swears...  in all seriousness, don't.  If you want some common curses in Arcanian, I can give you them, but in general keep it pretty low level.  I mean "stupid" level.  Thanks.
3.  Keep it PG.  A little gore is fine as long as you have a good reason, but don't overdo it.  Everything else... just no.  Please.
4.  Keep in mind that this is my world.  It is very nearly PURE fantasy.  I'll take almost any character that fits, but there are a few specific rules of magic I'd rather not clog this post with.  Ask, or just post a char sheet and let me tell you.  Just don't get mad if I inform you that your character doesn't fit.
5.  Yes, the usual codeword.  "Fire and Light"  anywhere in your post..  
6.  This rp is a bit of a mystery, all characters start with knowledge of the history above, nothing more, nothing less.  Anyone I told the full story to?  Sshh... Spoilers.

And that's just about it.  Now, character sheets.

Name:
Race: (ask me or make your own, almost anything from ancient myth will fit too)
Appearance: (a picture will do, but either way, be detailed)
Personality: (same here, details are good)
Skills: (nonmagical)
Powers: (magical)
Items: (any magic items they might own, weapons, or something they keep for memory.  Nothing too powerful)
History: (this doesn't have to be too detailed.  I tend to be really lazy with histories, so I won't make you do too much either)
Other: (Anything else you want to say.  If you wish this char sheet was more complicated, either stick it here or, if you really want to, add more categories)

Last edited by Angelwolf99 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:30 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:50 am

CHARACTERS

Angelwolf99 (OWNER)

Name: Kader (thunder)
Race: Arcanian Raptor

Appearance: ( http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/art/Kader-404037311 )
He is a dark stormy gray, with almost perfectly straight coal black horns and pale yellow eyes.  He has a fairly stocky build, and is reasonably strong, but more agile than tough.  He often goes around in a black cloak, which comes down over his face, but his horns stick through the back.

Personality: Kader is incredibly loyal to his close friends, but anyone else is, as he says, fair game.  In the end, though, no matter what he does, Kader will go for the greater good.  But it had better be important.  He doesn't talk much, preferring to be silent, thoughtful, and maybe a little mysterious.  He tends to be so quiet that, without going to much trouble, he becomes invisible to people who aren't paying attention, but he never stops listening.  If someone is talking nearby, even if he doesn't mean to, he knows what they're talking about.  He enjoys psyching people out, be it telling stories to the children in town, or appearing to strangers by night, visible only by his dagger and yellow eyes...

Skills: While he's never had any official training, and would probably drop a sword if handed one, Kader is incredibly good with a knife or dagger.  He is also very good at climbing, be it a tree, house, or even a wall.  This skill, along with his ability to walk without making a sound, makes him nearly undetectable, passing through towns like a ghost.  He can also act.  well, somewhat.

Powers: Kader is one of the lucky ones.  He was born with magic, something only half of all raptors have.  A raptor's magic is bending, and Kader's element is lightning.  He is fairly good at this, but doesn't get much chance to practice due to how unpredictable and dangerous it is when he loses control.

Items: Kader owns... well, a house in town, since that's where he lives, but more importantly he has:  a black cloak, as previously mentioned.  He can wear it with the hood up or down, and adjust how it falls depending on the temperature. He also owns a medium sized, slightly curved dagger made of a pale metal.  It isn't actually enchanted, but he likes it especially because of how pale it is.  It glints nicely in the moonlight...  of course what he'd really like is a nice tail blade, but he probably couldn't use it well.

History: Kader grew up in the very town this rp starts in, and still lives there contently.  He is friends with almost everyone in town, though close to almost no one.  Currently, none of his family live there, but he is content where he is.  He is a sort of sentinel of the town, and since it sits on a trade route, he has plenty to do.  He doesn't just sit by the town gate and watch people who enter, he roams the town and ambushes people whenever he wants.  He then makes it clear that he works for the town, and needs to inspect the contents of whatever cart he chooses.  They rarely notice when he takes what small object he wants, as long as he doesn't take much, which he doesn't.  He considers it his payment, maybe a form of tax, and it's not like he owes these strangers anything.  Of course, if they do notice...  he's good with a knife.
Other: not much really...

Sairei  (MOD)

Name: Mare Desiderii (Dez-ih-der-ee) ((Or just Desi for short.))
Race: Night Mare/Pooka
Age: No one ever really kept track. She's considered young, but adult.

Appearance:

Nighttime Look: A black horse that is slightly translucent, and stands a good eight inches taller than your average man. Her mane and tail are oddly wispy at the tips, and her hooves are rather misty as well. Her eyes glow white, and appear to be pupil-less. Her angles are sharper in this form, and she has sharp, jagged teeth.

Daytime Look: A dark gray horse that is slightly translucent, but completely solid. She stands a good six inches taller than your average man.  A whole mess of chains are tied around her midsection, tangled in impossible knots. Her tail and mane fade out into invisibility at the tips, as well as her hooves. In this form, she has the flat teeth of a herbivore. She also appears more docile and friendly in her daytime phase, with white eyes that do have pupils.

Personality:

Nighttime Personality: Desiderii is somewhat fearsome during the night. While remaining a calm, cool individual, she doesn't let much get in her way. She would rather watch an enemy try in vain to touch her than to solidify and fight someone merely because she felt like it. Mortals amuse her very much. Since it is her "job" to deliver bad dreams to those who deserve them, she has little sympathy for mortals during this guise. However, she is not completely heartless. She remembers those she has befriended during her daytime guise, and will not betray them simply because the sky has turned dark. Desiderii is a vassal to the goddess of the moon, Ranah.

Daytime Personality: Desiderii is much more complacent during the day than she is at night. She is more willing to help those few mortal friends that she has, and finds it satisfying to deliver daydreams to bored students or wistful people with little. She has to be careful with whom she associates with however, because many people would seek to capture a Pooka and make her a work horse. Being constantly on guard has made her shy, and this causes her to startle easily.

Skills: Like any magical horse-being, Desiderii can run extraordinarily fast. A bite or a kick should be avoided at all costs, since horses have powerful jaws and legs. She has very good eyesight for an equine, since she is primarily a nocturnal creature.

Powers:
Nighttime Powers: Desiderii can phase through solid objects, such as walls, rocks, and even living material like plants or animals. This only works in the dark, mind you. She has the ability to project dreamlets** into a person's mind, usually as a form of communication as she can't speak normally. She has the power to give people bad dreams during the night, and also makes an excellent delivery service.
It is advised to not ride a Night Mare, as it will cost you your soul.

Daytime Powers: Being a Pooka during the day has its benefits and its disabilities. She doesn't have to eat like a normal equine, because a Pooka is a form of undead horse. (Ghost horses, basically, for those of you who don't know what a Pooka is.) While appearing to be mostly vapor, this is an illusion. She is solid in her daytime state, but the only thing keeping her this way are the chains tied about her midsection. In her daytime guise, Desiderii can communicate with telepathic dreamlets, allowing her to speak.

**A note on "dreamlets." They are like daydreams, only less distracting and can be projected to entire groups if need be. Inside the dreamlet Desiderii can assume any for she wishes. It's all an illusion anyway.

Items: Chains. Horses that aren't solid most of the time don't carry very much. If she can attach it to the chains it will stay with her though. (Also, these chains vanish in her nighttime guise.)

History: Desiderii comes from a clan of Night Mares that inhabit the moon, and were called down by Ranah to inhabit Arcan and to be the goddess' servants. Desiderii is a bit different from other Night Mares, as she has a daytime form. Most Night Mares simply retreat to a realm of shadows to wait out the day. Desiderii does not know where she acquired this mastery of both day and night, and seeks it out with fervency.
Other:

Glict

Name: Luci

Race: Pygmy Stockcei Drake

Appearance: Luci is a short, stocky drake that stands on four feet. She is 8 feet long and 6 feet tall. She has a short neck armored with purple plates. She has a stubby snout and a very heavily plated face with her plates. Her torso structure is more like a mixture of a hare's and a wolf's than a drake's. Even more spiked plates cover her shoulders and the front of her body. They slowly become smaller and thinner the closer they are to her stub of a tail, eventually disappearing when they reach 3/4 down her body. The armor looks like flat, indigo pumice, and is lodged into her skin. It isn't exactly resting on top of her body, but instead it has bark like flesh covering the corners and edges. Her tough skin is a sand like color wherever it isn't plated, and almost has a chain mail like texture to her chest and stomach. Her legs are short and long hooked claws protrude from the end of them. She has bright orange eyes that have a purple essence to them. Luci lacks ear lobes and instead has two holes under a pair of foldable, curved thick flaps of flesh. They're tough and calloused, and very much like the plates. She has a skeletal hand as a pendant hanging around her neck. A harness is strapped around her front legs with pockets that hold various items.

Personality: She's a sweet yet sassy little drake that loves to play games with her fellow Arcanians. Luci is very playful, though some might consider her a nuisance. She can have occasional bouts of sadness, since both of her parents are dead. When she makes a friend, she becomes very loyal towards that person. She'll even put their needs before hers, although they have to gain a lot of trust for that to happen. Luci will sometimes grow fond of certain people and tend to stay close to them. Occasionally she'll have a snooty attitude when things don't go her way. She isn't one to apologize for something she did wrong. She usually tries to blame it on other people and attempt to get them to apologize instead, even if they've done nothing wrong. Perhaps she'll say something along the lines of, "You made me do it," thinking that that person was the instigator, and not reflecting on her actions. Though this is a rare part of her personality, it still happens every so often. She absolutely loves eating, and will eat whenever she has the chance, whether it's fruit, candy or some sort of meat, Luci will eat it. She likes life and will stick up for other Stockcei. Though they're rare, she'll see one every so often, often attempting to befriend that one. She'll make fun of others, as a joke of course, but be very offended, perhaps even more offended than the person she teased, when they tease her back. This drake is sensitive in both good and bad ways. She's very caring, but will get very hurt if someone were to make fun of her. Luci will try to avoid conflict, but defend herself when she feels it is necessary.

Skills: Luci's plates are twice the hardness of a normal bone, making it somewhat like an exoskeleton. She has teeth like daggers that are curved inward. Her long claws make for a perfect swipe that will definitely hurt. Her sense of smell is very strong. Luci is particularly good at smelling objects that are dusty, metallic, or unsanitary. Although she can still smell other things just as well, she's more in sync with those things, thus making her able to smell those better.

Powers:

Plate and Claw Enchantment - Luci's armor plates and claws can become enchanted to the point that they turn to pure iron. When that happens, her eyes turn a bright sheen of chrome and dust particles begin to float around her. She's able to this whenever she wants, as long she isn't extremely tired, ill, weakened, etc. In some instances they can even turn to steel, though there are certain circumstances that must be met before that is allowed to happen. For this to happen, she has to concentrate her mind to the point where every sound around her is muffled to a whisper, ignoring all of it. She has to get lost in deep thought and consume all of her fears with concentration. She's never done this before, and has never even tried it before either, but she knows it's possible to attempt. She's never used it because she's never had to, thus she never practiced it.

Metal Shard Emanation - This type of emanation spawns metal shards around her and shoot out in different directions. She's not very good at this since she never practices. The shards despawn with each new shard emanation, although she can keep certain shards existent if she wants to. Extremely rarely she'll spawn a precious metal, though there's such a small chance, she'll probably never spawn one in her lifetime. Only the most experienced of the stockcei can make precious metals, and even they have trouble doing it. Along with that, the chunk of gem would be so little that it would barely worth anything.

Items: Luci has a skeletal hand as a pendant that hangs around her neck and a harness attached to her front legs. The harness has small pockets that contain various items. Most of them are just jewels she's found in caves.

History: When Luci was young, her parents were killed by a Arcan god, Zal-Tek. Her parents told her when she was small to leave home if anything were to happen to them. She managed to travel very far away from home. She eventually came to the town of Springvale, and made her new home there. She would leave every so often to look for gems to sell. She was on the way back to Springvale as the RP started.

Theme:
Spoiler:

Other:

ViperaUnion

Name: Edur
Race: Ice Unicorn

Appearance: Edur in appearance is little like the simple, small and gentle-looking pure white unicorns that people talk about in stories and legends. Wild and threatening, he has the great size and build that is typically only attainable for most draught horses, especially that of a Shire horse, a breed he strongly resembles. Towering over most other equine-looking creatures at a staggering 19 hands, he is large and intimidating, and weighs approximately 3,000 lbs. His shoulders are regarded as being deep and broad, and he has great volume in his ribcage. He has a short, yet incredibly muscular back, and his hindquarters are long and wide, similar to his shoulders, giving his body a more balanced appearance. Having a neck that is long in proportion to his body, and characteristically, has a dramatic and almost graceful arch to it, he has a long, lean face, with large, expressive eyes. This is where Edur’s semblances to a horse stop.

Edur’s pelt is a dark, charcoal grey, in contrast to the typical unicorn coloration. Beginning at the top of the canon on his front legs, and the hock of his hind legs, his pelt changes from short fur into hard scales that are an even darker shade of grey. These scales more strongly resemble pebbles or small chips of rock, than those of a reptile or fish in shape. From a distance and up close, these scales appear to be fragments of ice, and depending on how they reflect ambient lighting, can appear to glow a bright aqua blue, though it is only a trick of the light, and it is merely the color they reflect. These scales trail up slightly on his legs, forming simple, swirled patterns on his knees, and on his hind legs, these swirled patterns trail up his knees, all the way up to his hindquarters, where his flank is covered in another notable patch of scales, and also form the base of his tail. The feathering on Edur’s legs begins just past where his scales start, but instead of long fur, his legs and the tops of his hooves are instead encased in bright, icy crystals, which seem to be extremely sharp on the edges, and as hard as diamonds. Unlike his scales, these crystals glow a harsh blue, which brightens when the unicorn uses his magic. Edur’s long, silken tail and mane are a matching shade of pale silver, in sharp contrast with his dark coloration. His mane has a tendency to fall in his face, almost completely obscuring his right eye, in some cases. Scales are present around Edur’s nose, ending at the corners of his mouth, although these scales on the top of his snout trail up his face, similar to horse markings, and cluster around his horn. Glowing blue Crystals grow down the very center of the back of Edur’s neck, rising past his mane and illuminating the silver hair, and also cover most of his shoulders as well. A small offshoot of these crystals trails down his spine, ending near his flank.

Edur’s horn, sprouting from the center of his forehead, is extremely long, and curves slightly, having a razor-sharp edge and blade-like appearance, much like a scimitar. It appears to be made out of the same material as the ice crystals on his body, but glows an even brighter and more intense shade of blue than the rest of him. Edur’s large eyes have round pupils, instead of the typical rectangular pupils present in horse-like creatures. His eyes are a dark shade of black, but many times have been said to gleam like a cold flame.

He wears a small oval-shaped iron locket with no ornamentation around his neck on a silver ribbon.

Personality: Edur is a wild, free-spirited, willful drifter who never stays in one place for a long, extended period of time. Neither a trader, nor a wanderer seeking a place to settle down, he hardly carries anything with him at all, as he is an herbivorous creature that can eat grass, just like a regular horse, and therefore does not have a preference for any food that would likely cost money. In fact, having no money of any sort at all, Edur makes himself content sleeping outside in the wilderness, rather than within the confines of a village, instead only visiting during morning hours. He has little fear of wild animals, or thieves, due to his incredible strength, magic, and the fact that he simply has nothing for anyone to take. Enjoying his own company, and having spent much of his time alone, he is more of a listener, than a talker, and instead prefers to keep quiet, when he can. He also typically avoids large gatherings of people, or drawing too much attention to himself, which can be difficult, due to his massive size and appearance. Due to his resemblance to a horse, and the fact that he has no hands, he often has trouble understanding most creatures with a degree of dexterity, and also may feel a certain degree of confusion around regular horses, because Edur can talk, and they can’t, causing for many awkward situations. Although his lack of hands limits Edur in many ways, he can figure out plenty of specialized tasks, if given time. This is his behavior when he is around populations of other intelligent creatures.

When he is alone, or on the road, traveling, Edur’s behavior changes dramatically from what it is in the cities. No longer fearing that he will be drawing attention to himself, he behaves in a wild, crazy manner, galloping at top speed for miles, and rearing and kicking up clouds of dust at odd intervals, seemingly just enjoying the feeling of running. At the same time, these periods of intense happiness are also interrupted by times when he appears to be almost depressed or horrified, and instead of running with joy, he seems to be trying to get away from something. During periods such as these, he may simply stand somewhere in deep thought, a sad expression on his face, and a tendency to touch his knee to his iron locket, which appears to be his most valuable, and only possession.

Despite these flip sides of his personality, Edur, while usually attempting to refrain from conflict, can grow extremely aggressive if wronged, and may even become violent, if pressed.

Skills: Edur, lacking hands of any sort, has natural skills that make him formidable in any sort of fight. His incredible weight, size, and strength allows him to deliver devastating blows with his hooves, just like a horse, made even more lethal by the incredibly hard crystals that encase the lower halves of his legs. His horn, while typically used for magic, is dangerous enough due to its shape and durability. More like a blade than a horn, Edur can wield it like a sword, or charge foes, which may flee due to intimidation. Theoretically, if he needed to, he could pull a horse cart weighing several tons, though he would rather not resign himself to such a form of work. Edur’s sense of smell and hearing is more acute than a human’s, and more like an animal’s, though it is nothing extraordinary.

Powers: Edur possesses extremely powerful magic, due to the nature of his race, although the one downside is that he is completely incapable of learning any magic that doesn’t have something to deal with the elements of ice and cold. Because such magic can be dangerous an unpredictable, he prefers to rely on his natural abilities, although he can easily change a rainstorm into a gentle snowfall, if he wanted to, though even this runs the risk of turning into a huge blizzard; it partly depends on what the weather wants to do after Edur casts the spell. One main issue of ice magic is that it must absolutely have the presence of water; otherwise, ice isn’t just going to appear out of thin air or nothingness. Because of this, Edur’s magic is dependent on environmental factors. His magic is almost always stronger at night, and is the most powerful on nights of the full moon. It is also far more difficult for him to use his magic in a desert or volcanic region than in tundra, or on a cold day by the ocean.

Items: Edur wears on a silver ribbon around his neck an oval-shaped iron locket, which is his only possession, and seems to be of priceless value to him. Although he never removes it to look at the image inside, he seems to grow upset whenever someone threatens to take it, or if they ask what its meaning is.

History: Edur was born in a mixed-elemental family of unicorns, the older of two fraternal twin siblings, and his sister being born about five minutes after him. Edur inherited the ice elemental preference from his father, while his sister inherited his mother’s fire magic. Because they all shared a nomadic lifestyle, Edur’s family traveled in a small herd of four, relying on their magic and physical prowess to defend themselves from threats. Later, a terrible accident occurred, which resulted in the death of Edur’s parents and his little sister. Traumatized, Edur wanders about aimlessly by himself, three years later still grieving their loss.
Other:

Name: Skye
Race: Pegasus

Appearance: As a Pegasus, Skye retains an elegant, refined appearance, resembling mostly hot-blooded breeds of horses, namely the Arabian, also meeting its size requirements, and standing at a short 14.5 hands, barely large enough to escape being the same size as a pony. Her build itself, however, meets an equine standard of beauty. She possesses an Arabian’s typical concave or ‘dished’ profile, with deep ribs and a tucked up stomach, typical for any creature that is meant to have incredible endurance. Her head has a refined wedge shape, with a broad forehead, large eyes, large nostrils, and a small muzzle. A, slight bulge between her eyes indicates increased sinus capacity, making it easier to breathe. Although she does not possess a very prominent crest, being a mare, her neck is naturally arched, with a large, well-set windpipe and clear throatlatch, which also improves breathing. She has deep, well-angled hips and well laid-back shoulders. Her tail carriage is naturally higher, held up. She possesses lean muscle all over her body that indicates good strength for long stretches of flat work, though as a Pegasus she actually possesses very little endurance in running, and instead can walk for long distances. Sprouting from her shoulders is a large pair of wings, which she keeps folded when she is not flying. Her wingspan is roughly 18 feet in length, and the wings themselves resemble that of an eagle.

Skye’s coloration is extremely unique for its resemblance to that of the Akhal-teke horse breed. Her pelt is a splendid buckskin color, and possesses a distinctive and prominent metallic sheen, which makes her entire body gleam like gold, combined with her coloration. Skye’s silken mane and tail is a dark raven black, and Skye’s mane is long, about eight inches in length. Skye’s hooves are a dark black, and her eyes are a deep, warm shade of brown. Her wings are the same golden color as the rest of her body, and her feathers are so fine that a certain degree of light can pass through them, making them seem either slightly transparent, or glowing.

Skye wears a white silk drawstring bag around her neck on a matching white silk string. This bag contains small things that she uses as payment to people in return for things such as a night’s stay in their stables. Much of these things consist of small, semi-precious polished stones, which can be made into jewelry that can be sold for a relatively good price. Nothing in the bag is actually of much value to Skye herself.

Personality: Sweet, gentle, and friendly, Skye embodies all the grace and kindness that one might naturally associate with a Pegasus. She is also even-tempered, focused, and conscious of emotions, traits commonly associated with mares of any equine race or species, in contrast to the wild, occasionally aggressive behavior that can sometimes arise in stallions. Her refined appearance, as well as the beauty of her wings and her pelt, which look and shimmer like gold, draws much attention in any town that she might happen to pass through during her nomadic travels. Because she travels all by herself, and does not have a herd to protect her, Skye often tries to travel by day, and reach the next town before sunset. Once at the next town, Skye will often bargain with the owner of a stable, using the polished stones in the bag she wears around her neck, so that she might spend the night in one of their stalls, so that she is not in the wild, where she can be attacked by wild animals. She can also bargain in a different manner with farmers, using her magic to create rain, which can water a dry field. Regardless, if her own offers are not good enough, some people just let her stay as an act of charity, as Skye truly does not ask for anything more than a safe place to sleep. She does not even ask for food or water, as she can easily find it on her own somewhere else. Somehow, Skye’s sweet personality, as well as the simplicity of her wants and desires, makes her endearing to anyone who meets her.

A second side of Skye’s personality only comes out when she is traveling. While on the ground, she can only at most comfortably walk at a steady pace, taking her time, she can fly rather quickly, for hours at a time without tiring. Because of her magic, she can also stand on clouds, which sometimes means she isn’t flying, but walking in the sky, part of what makes pegasi somewhat legendary. Skye loves the freedom of flying, and is often more relaxed when not being watched constantly by others. Her light-hearted and cheerful outlook is uplifting to travel companions, as well as to her whenever she is alone.

Skills: As a Pegasus, Skye has wings, and thus the natural ability to fly at extremely high speeds for an extended period of time. This ability is aided by her great lung capacity, and general build that allows her to breathe easily at high altitudes, allowing her to soar higher in the sky than most normal flying creatures can safely reach, right past the highest level of clouds, where most things would strain for the gasses they need to breathe, while a Pegasus is otherwise unharmed. This remarkable flight capability, as well as the incredibly strong, yet hollow and light bones, similar to a bird’s, comes at a cost, however. While a Pegasus may have a strong, enduring-looking build, Skye cannot do as much on land as a normal horse or other equine could. She can sprint rather fast across short distances, but has low endurance, and cannot run at a swift speed for extended periods, nor is she capable of carrying very heavy weight on her back, or pulling a cart, even. She can kick extremely hard, and bite, just like a normal horse, and her kicks may have more effect, due to her hooves and bones being incredibly strong, yet light, but her small size puts her at a disadvantage against bigger things. Skye does, however, possess a stronger, heightened sense of smell and hearing, due to being an equine creature.

Powers: Despite common belief that pegasi use magic involving wind, as they are technically winged horses, a Pegasus naturally possesses its incredible flight capability due to physical reasons and these have nothing to deal with magic whatsoever. In reality, the kind of magic a Pegasus uses is a specialized version that deals with the element of water. It is this magic that allows Skye to walk on clouds as though they were solid ground, and shape them into any form she pleases, yet while still being able to cut through them when flying as though they were not solid. She can also use this magic to force water from the clouds, creating rain, making it possible to obtain water at any time as long as there are clouds in the sky for her to use. She does not have control over the wind, however, nor does she have any control over whether or not a thunderstorm results from the storm she made. Environmental factors influence things, still, which are why Skye looks to stay in stables, rather than build a house out of clouds. It is possible, that over time, Skye might be able to learn through active control of her magic how to do different things with the element she was born with the power to manipulate, though these things must be learned, as she does not possess the knowledge naturally.

Items: Skye carries with her a white silk drawstring bag on a matching silk string, which she keeps wrapped around her neck. Contained in this bag are various small items, mostly small, polished stones, although pretty seashells or other nice things might be found and added, later. None of these things are worth much, save to the craftsmen that can make jewelry or trinkets out of them.

History: Skye was born in a medium-sized herd of Pegasi that wandered about living a nomadic lifestyle, as most equine creatures do. She was raised by a loving set of parents, her mother the younger sister of the oldest mare in the herd, thus her aunt was the herd’s leader. Skye’s father was a strong stallion who defended the outskirts of the herd with a group of other males, and this system kept the pegasi safe, making it possible for them to survive outside of towns at night. Therefore, the pegasi were seldom seen, even near country roads that were far from civilization, so they are not regarded as a common race. However, despite the safety of the herd, there is a typical tradition among the Pegasi in larger herds that marks the separation of a Pegasus from her parents, and the herd as a whole. Pegasi, being intelligent creatures, naturally take longer than horses or animal equines to mature, so a Pegasus filly or colt cannot truly be called a stallion or mare until they reach the age of ten years. Upon reaching this age in her herd, Skye was ordered by the stallions that defended it to leave, a fate that befell all the young new stallions and mares, which were driven out to either join a different herd, or start a new one. There is no true hostility in this, although force may be used for mares or stallions that don’t cooperate. Skye, knowing better, obeyed, and left the herd, and since then has looked after herself, being perhaps the only Pegasus that appears in populated areas inhabited by other races.

Other:

Dragonbud

Name: Terran
Race: Faun/Satyr whichever floats your boat.

Appearance: (I'm basing her appearance off of this but I might make some changes)
In Terran's case her bottom half resembles that of a common forest deer. The thick fur that covers her legs and hips is a light chocolaty brown color with groups of white speckles thrown about. A small tail peeks out of her back right above her hips. Terran lacks feet but instead has two hard black hooves, which she takes great pride in keeping clean. However since her arms are considered above her waist her hands are normal five fingered hands. Her hands are much dirtier then her hooves, dirt trapped under her nails and caking on her palms. Baths are not common acts to Terran so it’s not a surprise that the rest of her human part of her body is similarly dirty. More material things like jewelry and makeup are also uncommon on a Faun unless being used for symbolic or religious practices.

The top half of Terran is rather tanned under the dirt along with lean and muscular. Her skin is marked with white freckle like markings that closely resemble the white fur on her legs. Terran has thick, under groomed, light brown eyebrows that are often covered by the bangs of her equally short and under groomed hair. On special occasions Terran would stick wild flowers into her short chopped hair. Her face is a rather odd combination of a human and a deer. Her eyes are dark brown and wide, constantly looking around, her lips and nose almost seem shaded as if smeared with coal dust and she has long ears that often point to sound.

Terran’s clothing is rather simple, an old tanned cotton band wrapped around her chest and a small leather backpack. She sports a set of ram-like horns that sticks out of her head right above her eyebrows. Since she is rather young her horns are short and stubby, not long and sharp. She is slightly shorter then the average female woman and rather lightweight.

Personality: By nature fauns are very friendly. Terran herself doesn't mind suddenly starting a conversation or calling out to someone for far away, even if this attracts attention to herself. Fauns also don't seem to mind what kind of creature you are, if you are kind to her she will make a tight bond with you. This can also be her downfall however since Terran is a bit naive. Fauns are also fond of all sorts of entertainment from plays and music to jokes and stories. Fauns have trouble leading, but make great followers and love to learn new skills and stories. Terran absolutely hates fighting and would rather let someone kill her then fight back.

Skills: Terran has two very obvious skills. One is her ability to play and quickly learn new music and instruments and the other is her strength. She is capable of lifting up and crushing objects much much heavier and larger then her. Some people think it is a magical ability but she swears her strength is all natural. Part of her strength might be due to her more magical abilities. Terran also has a few minor skills, like land navigation and making natural cure for illnesses. And due to her animalistic skills, she has rather good hearing and sense of smell.
Powers: Terran, like most other trained fauns, can control the element of earth. This could be anything from plants or rocks and dirt. However Terran really doesn't like using her magical powers for work like she was trained for. So now she only uses them if she has to, or wants to for fun. Her other more magical ability is one she is practicing now, hypnosis through music. She wants to be able to control people to help heal wounds.

Items: Terran likes to pack light. In her brown leather bag she carries a bit of food that she found foraging, an often empty waterskin, a few medicinal herbs and a small rag. Around her neck tied to her with a length of twine is her pride and joy, a small wooden pan flute. Often during her lonely travels she should play a tune to herself.

History: I don't really want to give out too much of her history so I'll keep this short. Terran grew up in a small tribe of fauns surrounded by many other tribes of fauns. Over the years these neighboring tribes began to act aggressively around each other. With rumors of war starting within their lands young fauns began to equipt for battle. Terran wanted aching but this, trying to convince the leaders of her tribe to try different means of settling differences. This lead to a rather violent and heated argument which lead with Terran leaving home, forced to wander the lands.
Other:

True Night

Name: Lilith
Race: Demon

Appearance: Click here.
Personality: Lilith pretends to play nice, but at the core she is cruel and manipulative like the majority of demons. She feels that she is superior to most beings, but doesn't usually show it. The exception is when dealing with humanoid mortals, whom she scorns openly. The demoness likes to make small talk, but there can be little doubt that it somehow furthers her goals.

Skills: After living for thousands of years Lilith has become proficient at a multitude of things. Foremost she has a silver tongue and can often sway people without the use of her powers. Secondly she is adept at all forms of combat, whether it be ranged, melee or unarmed. In addition, her numerous disguises have required her to take on many personas. As a result she has become an excellent actor. Lastly Lilith has a knack for alchemy and she is able to concoct a variety potions and elixirs from memory.

Powers:

Supernatural: Lilith is one with the eternal darkness and all consuming flames of the abyss. She can both create and manipulate hellfire and shadows as she sees fit. Also at her disposal are mighty infernal chains that drain the targets vitality. Her non offensive abilities include, flight, illusions, mind effects, telepathy and short range teleportation. As a demon, Lilith possesses incredible, strength, speed and perception. She benefits from all sources of heat or darkness; while being immune to aging, poison, disease, and electricity. Attacks imbued with cold iron or from a holy source do a number on her, but she is highly resistant to all other forms of damage.

Magic: Over her unnaturally long life Lilith has dabbled in the dark arts and is considered a gifted mage by mortal standards. However, her inherent talents are far more effective; so she finds herself mostly casting utility spells. The uses are near limitless, but under no circumstances can she harness the light.

Items: Lilith’s only permanent possession is an enchanted ring. It is forged of ornate gold and has strange markings engraved in its band. Clawlike prongs clutch a oversized ruby that glows with an eerie light. Striking a deal with the wearer results in a binding contract.

History:
Lilith has been all over the spectrum. Her experience ranges from fighting on the front lines of countless wars, to conducting espionage, and even playing diplomat. Her most recent task has brought her to the mortal world. An elaborate series of kidnappings has caught her attention and she is here to do business.

Other: Lilith cannot enter or leave a properly constructed pentagram while it's creator still lives. Those who learn her true name and have attained the proper knowledge may attempt to banish or summon her from any plane of existence. The later is extremely dangerous and will result death if done incorrectly.

The Stalker of Shadows

Name: Kerben

Race: Cerbian

Age: It's hard to really tell, but about 50. More about this below.

Appearance: Kerben is best describe as looking like the Mythical beast Cerberus. The most distinctive difference being he has only two head instead of the historically accepted three.

The rest of is general appearance is that of a large hound, about thrice the height of a your standard Doberman to be exact. In terms of color he's mostly a dark grey over the majority of his body with a few splashed of white and black. The area it covering being the truck of his body from about the base of his tail all the up the top of his neck and about half the length of his legs. The rest of his legs being a white color after a brief transition from the grey. As for his head its a lighter grey with a few splashes of white and black. His tail is of similar coloration with the only notable difference being the red flare at the tip of it. The red is also present on the majority of his ears and paws. Being that he is a rather beastly creature he has rather sharp K-nines and claws. So he can hold his own in a fight.

Personality: Being that he has two heads he has two personalities. While not always the case with multi-headed creatures; each is capable in independent thought. And both are highly intelligent. They obviously enjoy each others company. And they enjoy the Company of others they don't perceive as a threat. However since they see most folks as a threat they stay away from most folks.

However they have differing personalities. And it's based on the way the see the world. The left head Has the ability to see the future to an extent( I'll explain below). So thus he's always focused on it and how they can change, shape and prepare for it. He's an optimist really. He can see how things may go wrong, but he also sees the good that can be accomplished. Especially compared to the horrors the world's already been through. How could it get any worse than that? So he tries to find the good in others and keep his other half from wasting away in a spiraling depression.

The right head can similarly see the past. So he's always focused on Their mistakes and how to learn from them as well as finding what worked and how to improve upon it. This also means he can see the Arcan's dark past and the horrors of the wars witch it endured. Each time he looks into the past he can see reminders of it all over the place. this has left it's mark on his personality. He's seen nearly first hand what truly happened back then. That with what his other self tells him of the future has left him pessimistic and untrusting of suspicious strangers.

Skills: Being as he is a large Canine creature he can obviously fight. Mostly involving his massive jaws and claws. he's also keen at hunting and track prey as well. In time past he's have been treated as deities at times, but normally he has to fend for himself and he's just fine with that.

Powers: I mentioned a few thing above I said I'd expand upon.

Age- it's difficult to establish his overall age. Kerben has lived a really long time, but he really doesn't know how long. Periodically he has to Regenerate his body in order to keep living. He tends to take Quite a bit of damage when fighting. That and eventually old age takes it's toll on his body. He then has to more or less Die. It's essentially a deep sleep akin to a coma really. During that time His body heals itself by using up it's internal magic reserves. It typically takes a few months to a few years to complete, depending on the type and severity of the damage his body has taken. They only issue with this process aside from the time it takes is that his memories are wiped in the process. Because of this he makes a copy of them involving a kind of magical memory storage. But they're never truly his after that. It's more like reading a book.

It's been 50 years since his last one.

Time- I noted above that the right head can see into the past and the left head can see the future to a degree. Explanation time!

The Left head can't really see into the future per se. A more exact way to put it is he can see what the future MIGHT be. There are an infinant Number of 'Futures' that may or may not. He can see these and can figure out which is the most likely to happen, but sometime there are several choices that could likely happen. He bases his decisions on those outcomes. However each decision changes what he sees. so the future in in a constant state of flux.

The right Head can see the immediate past as it happened. He can literally watch it like a play or a movie. However he can't interact with it or change it. He can see any event at any time really, but the further back it is the less detail of it he can see. He chooses to block out most the mundane events in history however. Mostly for his own sanity.

In addition to his ability to Dynamically see time he has two ranged attacks as well. As per the course they belong to one head or the other. The left head has a searing heat based plasma blast and the Right head has a Chilling Sub-zero freezing blast.

Items: Non really. He has an enchanted Anklet that let's his store things in a small pocket of no space, but that's it.

History: really he doesn't know anything about where he's from. Sadly he didn't figure out how to store his memories until he'd already regenerated a couple times. All he knows is that he's the only one of his kind that he's aware of. He's never met another creature like him. He's always been on the move. He's never settled anywhere longer that a few years. So he's been to most regions of the Southern Landmass of Arcan. At some point he want's to explore the Northern Landmass, but for now it's not a major concern.

Other: This is just a thought I didn't know were to stick. It involves how his minds work. When it comes to each head they have their own brains, but they still share the same body. Basically they both control it. However they're always aware of what the other one is thinking via some sort of Telepathy. So they always find a way to compromise and work toward s their common goals. Thus he'll never wind up fighting himself.

Wolf

Name:Farkas
Race:Dragonling (a dragonling is a half dragon and half human)

Appearance: His scales are red like the color of blood, his eyes are slinted and the color of saphires, he is 6 ft tall and has long sharp claws that look like they could tear through steel. His hair is long and blonde, also it shines in the light blowing gently in the wind. Has a muscluar build, wears a magnificant red cloak and a simple black mucle shirt underneath as well as bright red pants and sandles. He has a elongated snake like tounge but dosen't have the fork in the toung like most snakes. He has a large set of exquisite wings that have a thin pink leathery membrane when he flys close to the ground the light shines through and you can see a faint pink light in the shadows. Lastly, he has a long fine tail with a sort of spike at the end.

Personality: He was always pretty territorial when it comes to certain people like his wife or very close freinds or his stuff like his money or personal items, he can even be abit greedy sometimes, but overall he is a pretty kind person and and is said to be a gentleman and always gives someone the benifit of the doubt.

Skills: He's always been pretty good at hunting and cooking when he was little his mother taught him how to survive in the wild on his own. Later on he learned how to fight first from his dad then Unessa his wife later on, and basic thievery skills like sneaking, and pickpocketing lockpick skills and even how to detect traps and disarm security systems regular or magical. due to his draconic nature he has been gifted with eyes that can see in the dark and see stuff far in the distance many more times than a human.

Powers: from when he was little his mother taught him the ways of magic and he became very adept at dragon magic and fire magic. Then later on he studdied in the ways of teleportaion or portal magic and soon was able to cast his first portal now he can portal over to places hes already been before which comes in handy from time to time. his dragon and fire magic is based something like this http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Dragon_Slayer_Magic

Items: Wedding ring of the soul mate alows the bearers to communicate from afar and also acts as a sort of tracking device. The fire sword, fire dagger is basicly what it says a sword cast in a magical flame that surrounds the sword or dagger. Usefull as a torch or burning an enemy the intencty of the flame widely depends on the user master flame wielders have been known to turn the sword into something like a lazer blade that can cut through preaty much anything.

History: Farkas grew up with his mom Akira who was a beautiful and exquisuite fire dragon and his dad who was a human. His dad was always the manly type of man who belived in one's own power. They all lived together on a pretty large volcanic island, in the middle of the sea,in a cave near the valcan and they both taught him alot. They always kept a large hoard of gold wepons and knowladge. Then when he turned 18 his mom told him it was time to go and see the world so she gave him a fire sword and dagger for his travles and alot of gold and he said his goodbyes and left home and when he could he would stop by for a visit. Sometime after he met Unessa a anthropormorfic wolf lady who was a very beautiful thief. After she tried and failed many times to steal from him Unessa sought it as a challange and kept trying but couldn't help but fall head over heals for him and one day Farkas asked her out and after they dated for 2 years he finaly proposed to her and had a marvolus and helarious wedding with freinds and family (his mother came and the priest was scared out of his mind and of course there was a cake fight. Now they travel together exploring the world seeking adventure.

Name:Unessa
Race: Anthro Wolf (Wolf with human characteristics)
Appearance: Unessa has short but a beautifull golden fur coat that gleems and shines in the sunlight giveing her a gorgeous radiance, her firey red hair is long and well kept falling down past her shoulders. She often wears baggy camo cargo pants and a dark green tank top that shows her belly button and shows off her slim muscular build and walks around barefoot cuse she likes the feel of her feet on the ground. When shes out hunting targets to steal from she chooses a different attire completely so she can lure in targets with her looks or whenever she attends a formal event. This attire would be a marvolus red dress with a holster underneath to hide weapons a charming and ornate dimond necklace and high heel shoes and caries around a leather purse.

Personality: Unessa was always proud of her looks and made sure to groom her self well every day but kept a tomboyish kind of style when she's not working to steal peoples gold or when she just wants to hang out with her husband Farkas and likes to kick back and relax. Normaly she has a hard time when it comes to trusting others and is very territorial of her stuff. Although she can get very angery and has a bit of a temper when it comes to certain things and you do not want to make her mad and can get easily jelous when it comes to Farkas. When she's out looking fine and in her best attire she adopts a well mannerd and innocent personality to lure in men and merchants sometimes even females and is often more interested in whats in your pockets that your name.

Skills: She has been an expert in stealing, sneaking, picpocket, lockpicking, looking fine and taking names. She has skills with bows, daggers and throwing knives. Also skilled in bartering and has good charisma. Also is a good cook and hunter.

Powers: Farsight which allows her to see past her normal range of sight. Portal or teleportation magic she can create a portal only needing a general sense of where she wants to go. her enchanted bow allows her to fire magic arrows that follow a target of her choice as long as target is within sight.

Items: She weilds an enchanted bow, two fire daggers and, a set of throwing knives

History: When she was young her parents were always poor and barely had enough to feed her let alone themselves and so they abandoned her out on the streets where she learnd to fend for herself and met some others that were like her and showed her the ways of theivery. As she grew older she got more and more better until a leader of a caravan who took pity on her and took her in when she was 10 he also taught her the ways of the merchant and how to barter and haggle when to sell and when to buy. She carried on and honed her skills in all kinds of things and lived with the caravan for about 7 more years before leaving on her own. Afterwards she met Farkas who proved to be quite the challange after awhile she grew fond of him and started dateing him he was the only one who wasen't fooled by her looks and actualy truely cared about her. Then they got marries and decided to travel together.

Last edited by Angelwolf99 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:53 am

Hooray, this is up!
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:22 am

I'll probably submit something to this sometime.
When I stop being lazy.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 am

This looks interesting, and Angel, your link is broken.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:42 am

...gah.. at least someone told me.
But yeah, thanks. I was hoping at least one person that I didn't... Y'know... go bother.... would join XD
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:48 am

I might, I'll have to brainstorm character possibilities and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:53 am

Alright.  Same as everyone else.  I didn't really expect any character sheets tonight, anyway.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:05 am

I'm not exactly familiar with the story this RP is based off of, but I made a really long sheet, anyway. I love adding my own touch to mythical creatures, I just hope my character fits, it looks like this story is going to be interesting.

Name: Edur
Race: Ice Unicorn

Appearance: Edur in appearance is little like the simple, small and gentle-looking pure white unicorns that people talk about in stories and legends. Wild and threatening, he has the great size and build that is typically only attainable for most draught horses, especially that of a Shire horse, a breed he strongly resembles. Towering over most other equine-looking creatures at a staggering 19 hands, he is large and intimidating, and weighs approximately 3,000 lbs. His shoulders are regarded as being deep and broad, and he has great volume in his ribcage. He has a short, yet incredibly muscular back, and his hindquarters are long and wide, similar to his shoulders, giving his body a more balanced appearance. Having a neck that is long in proportion to his body, and characteristically, has a dramatic and almost graceful arch to it, he has a long, lean face, with large, expressive eyes. This is where Edur’s semblances to a horse stop.

Edur’s pelt is a dark, charcoal grey, in contrast to the typical unicorn coloration. Beginning at the top of the canon on his front legs, and the hock of his hind legs, his pelt changes from short fur into hard scales that are an even darker shade of grey. These scales more strongly resemble pebbles or small chips of rock, than those of a reptile or fish in shape. From a distance and up close, these scales appear to be fragments of ice, and depending on how they reflect ambient lighting, can appear to glow a bright aqua blue, though it is only a trick of the light, and it is merely the color they reflect. These scales trail up slightly on his legs, forming simple, swirled patterns on his knees, and on his hind legs, these swirled patterns trail up his knees, all the way up to his hindquarters, where his flank is covered in another notable patch of scales, and also form the base of his tail. The feathering on Edur’s legs begins just past where his scales start, but instead of long fur, his legs and the tops of his hooves are instead encased in bright, icy crystals, which seem to be extremely sharp on the edges, and as hard as diamonds. Unlike his scales, these crystals glow a harsh blue, which brightens when the unicorn uses his magic. Edur’s long, silken tail and mane are a matching shade of pale silver, in sharp contrast with his dark coloration. His mane has a tendency to fall in his face, almost completely obscuring his right eye, in some cases. Scales are present around Edur’s nose, ending at the corners of his mouth, although these scales on the top of his snout trail up his face, similar to horse markings, and cluster around his horn. Glowing blue Crystals grow down the very center of the back of Edur’s neck, rising past his mane and illuminating the silver hair, and also cover most of his shoulders as well. A small offshoot of these crystals trails down his spine, ending near his flank.

Edur’s horn, sprouting from the center of his forehead, is extremely long, and curves slightly, having a razor-sharp edge and blade-like appearance, much like a scimitar. It appears to be made out of the same material as the ice crystals on his body, but glows an even brighter and more intense shade of blue than the rest of him. Edur’s large eyes have round pupils, instead of the typical rectangular pupils present in horse-like creatures. His eyes are a dark shade of black, but many times have been said to gleam like a cold flame.

He wears a small oval-shaped iron locket with no ornamentation around his neck on a silver ribbon.

Personality: Edur is a wild, free-spirited, willful drifter who never stays in one place for a long, extended period of time. Neither a trader, nor a wanderer seeking a place to settle down, he hardly carries anything with him at all, as he is an herbivorous creature that can eat grass, just like a regular horse, and therefore does not have a preference for any food that would likely cost money. In fact, having no money of any sort at all, Edur makes himself content sleeping outside in the wilderness, rather than within the confines of a village, instead only visiting during morning hours. He has little fear of wild animals, or thieves, due to his incredible strength, magic, and the fact that he simply has nothing for anyone to take. Enjoying his own company, and having spent much of his time alone, he is more of a listener, than a talker, and instead prefers to keep quiet, when he can. He also typically avoids large gatherings of people, or drawing too much attention to himself, which can be difficult, due to his massive size and appearance. Due to his resemblance to a horse, and the fact that he has no hands, he often has trouble understanding most creatures with a degree of dexterity, and also may feel a certain degree of confusion around regular horses, because Edur can talk, and they can’t, causing for many awkward situations. Although his lack of hands limits Edur in many ways, he can figure out plenty of specialized tasks, if given time. This is his behavior when he is around populations of other intelligent creatures.

When he is alone, or on the road, traveling, Edur’s behavior changes dramatically from what it is in the cities. No longer fearing that he will be drawing attention to himself, he behaves in a wild, crazy manner, galloping at top speed for miles, and rearing and kicking up clouds of dust at odd intervals, seemingly just enjoying the feeling of running. At the same time, these periods of intense happiness are also interrupted by times when he appears to be almost depressed or horrified, and instead of running with joy, he seems to be trying to get away from something. During periods such as these, he may simply stand somewhere in deep thought, a sad expression on his face, and a tendency to touch his knee to his iron locket, which appears to be his most valuable, and only possession.

Despite these flip sides of his personality, Edur, while usually attempting to refrain from conflict, can grow extremely aggressive if wronged, and may even become violent, if pressed.

Skills: Edur, lacking hands of any sort, has natural skills that make him formidable in any sort of fight. His incredible weight, size, and strength allows him to deliver devastating blows with his hooves, just like a horse, made even more lethal by the incredibly hard crystals that encase the lower halves of his legs. His horn, while typically used for magic, is dangerous enough due to its shape and durability. More like a blade than a horn, Edur can wield it like a sword, or charge foes, which may flee due to intimidation. Theoretically, if he needed to, he could pull a horse cart weighing several tons, though he would rather not resign himself to such a form of work. Edur’s sense of smell and hearing is more acute than a human’s, and more like an animal’s, though it is nothing extraordinary.

Powers: Edur possesses extremely powerful magic, due to the nature of his race, although the one downside is that he is completely incapable of learning any magic that doesn’t have something to deal with the elements of ice and cold. Because such magic can be dangerous an unpredictable, he prefers to rely on his natural abilities, although he can easily change a rainstorm into a gentle snowfall, if he wanted to, though even this runs the risk of turning into a huge blizzard; it partly depends on what the weather wants to do after Edur casts the spell. One main issue of ice magic is that it must absolutely have the presence of water; otherwise, ice isn’t just going to appear out of thin air or nothingness. Because of this, Edur’s magic is dependent on environmental factors. His magic is almost always stronger at night, and is the most powerful on nights of the full moon. It is also far more difficult for him to use his magic in a desert or volcanic region than in tundra, or on a cold day by the ocean.

Items: Edur wears on a silver ribbon around his neck an oval-shaped iron locket, which is his only possession, and seems to be of priceless value to him. Although he never removes it to look at the image inside, he seems to grow upset whenever someone threatens to take it, or if they ask what its meaning is.

History: Edur was born in a mixed-elemental family of unicorns, the older of two fraternal twin siblings, and his sister being born about five minutes after him. Edur inherited the ice elemental preference from his father, while his sister inherited his mother’s fire magic. Because they all shared a nomadic lifestyle, Edur’s family traveled in a small herd of four, relying on their magic and physical prowess to defend themselves from threats. Later, a terrible accident occurred, which resulted in the death of Edur’s parents and his little sister. Traumatized, Edur wanders about aimlessly by himself, three years later still grieving their loss.

Other: Fire and Light
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 am

Oh looks fun! I'll make a character tonight or tomorrow ^u^
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:57 am

Yeah, I hope Edur gets accepted, I've always wanted an excuse to make a tough unicorn.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:10 am

Awesome! Edur fits perfectly with the way magic works in Arcan already, so he's definitely accepted.

The reason you haven't heard of Arcan before is because I'm much too lazy to write long stories on my own. Of course right now I can use that to my advantage, nobody knows what really happened during the Dark Siege...
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:12 am

Holy crap Vipera, that sheet makes mine look like it was written by a 10 year old. ._.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:19 am

Well, I kind of get into describing stuff, and then it kind of just gets bigger and bigger...
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:22 am

I do that too. The difference is I usually suddenly realize I've said the same thing three times.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:32 am

I constantly read and re-read my stuff because I want to make sure my words don't sound funny or confused when someone looks at them. I joined a creative writing class this year, because I love to write, and I'm doing much better just writing the rough draft for my short stories on my laptop, it's much easier than writing in pencil, I tend to be lazy in that regard. Of course, I don't know if it should be called lazy, when I say I have a tendency to clench my pencil and hurt my hand. Plus, since I began RPing, I'm typing lightning fast with no typos, like sixty words per minute, and I'm not even using the proper form. I just know where the keys are.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:33 am

Haha

Effort.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:37 am

It's more of a compulsion, I'm sometimes a bit of a perfectionist.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:25 am

Hmm... I want to join this RP, but I'm not sure what to submit as a character...

I'll think up something eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:55 pm

I might join this, whenever I get around to making the character sheets.

Yes, I'll be making a duo this time...
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Awesome. I'll probably put the IC up once you two have sheets.
Unless someone else wants to join, of course. I wouldn't want to start without anyone.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Name: Terran
Race: Faun/Satyr whichever floats your boat.
Appearance: (I'm basing her appearance off of this but I might make some changes)
Appearance: In Terran's case her bottom half resembles that of a common forest deer. The thick fur that covers her legs and hips is a light chocolaty brown color with groups of white speckles thrown about. A small tail peeks out of her back right above her hips. Terran lacks feet but instead has two hard black hooves, which she takes great pride in keeping clean. However since her arms are considered above her waist her hands are normal five fingered hands. Her hands are much dirtier then her hooves, dirt trapped under her nails and caking on her palms. Baths are not common acts to Terran so it’s not a surprise that the rest of her human part of her body is similarly dirty. More material things like jewelry and makeup are also uncommon on a Faun unless being used for symbolic or religious practices.

The top half of Terran is rather tanned under the dirt along with lean and muscular. Her skin is marked with white freckle like markings that closely resemble the white fur on her legs. Terran has thick, under groomed, light brown eyebrows that are often covered by the bangs of her equally short and under groomed hair. On special occasions Terran would stick wild flowers into her short chopped hair. Her face is a rather odd combination of a human and a deer. Her eyes are dark brown and wide, constantly looking around, her lips and nose almost seem shaded as if smeared with coal dust and she has long ears that often point to sound.

Terran’s clothing is rather simple, an old tanned cotton band wrapped around her chest and a small leather backpack. She sports a set of ram-like horns that sticks out of her head right above her eyebrows. Since she is rather young her horns are short and stubby, not long and sharp. She is slightly shorter then the average female woman and rather lightweight.

Personality: By nature fauns are very friendly. Terran herself doesn't mind suddenly starting a conversation or calling out to someone for far away, even if this attracts attention to herself. Fauns also don't seem to mind what kind of creature you are, if you are kind to her she will make a tight bond with you. This can also be her downfall however since Terran is a bit naive. Fauns are also fond of all sorts of entertainment from plays and music to jokes and stories. Fauns have trouble leading, but make great followers and love to learn new skills and stories. Terran absolutely hates fighting and would rather let someone kill her then fight back.
Skill: Terran has two very obvious skills. One is her ability to play and quickly learn new music and instruments and the other is her strength. She is capable of lifting up and crushing objects much much heavier and larger then her. Some people think it is a magical ability but she swears her strength is all natural. Part of her strength might be due to her more magical abilities. Terran also has a few minor skills, like land navigation and making natural cure for illnesses. And due to her animalistic skills, she has rather good hearing and sense of smell.
Powers: Terran, like most other trained fauns, can control the element of earth. This could be anything from plants or rocks and dirt. However Terran really doesn't like using her magical powers for work like she was trained for. So now she only uses them if she has to, or wants to for fun. Her other more magical ability is one she is practicing now, hypnosis through music. She wants to be able to control people to help heal wounds.
Items: Terran likes to pack light. In her brown leather bag she carries a bit of food that she found foraging, an often empty waterskin, a few medicinal herbs and a small rag. Around her neck tied to her with a length of twine is her pride and joy, a small wooden pan flute. Often during her lonely travels she should play a tune to herself.
History: I don't really want to give out too much of her history so I'll keep this short. Terran grew up in a small tribe of fauns surrounded by many other tribes of fauns. Over the years these neighboring tribes began to act aggressively around each other. With rumors of war starting within their lands young fauns began to equipt for battle. Terran wanted aching but this, trying to convince the leaders of her tribe to try different means of settling differences. This lead to a rather violent and heated argument which lead with Terran leaving home, forced to wander the lands.
Other: Fire and light ^u^

Last edited by Dragonbud on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm working on a character sheet right now... It might take a while. *distracted*
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Just checking before I get to work on a sheet, could I make a character based off of a kitsune-tsuke? It's basically a reference to a human possessed by a fox spirit in Japanese mythology. However, since possession seems a bit harsh, I think I'll just make a human form of a fox spirit and call it a kitsune-tsuke.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm going to give drawing my character a shot, hopefully this turns out well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Once in Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light Empty

Back to top Go down

Once in Light
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next