Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once in Light

Go down 
+8
FlowerFox
JunkMail
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
True Night
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Once in Light - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:15 pm

I'm going to attempt to draw Edur, but at the same time, I think I'm going to have to borrow some Shire horse lineart from somewhere, because I'm terrible at drawing horses.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm following a step by step tutorial. I can't even find good lineart for my creature.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:23 pm

I was lucky enough to find one of a shire stallion, so I'm good. It's even got a pose that makes the crest look more curved, so it's perfect for Edur. I'm just lucky lots of people draw horses.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Every hydra picture I come across is absurdly large, has too many heads, and or is part of a battle scene.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:29 pm

That's typical for creatures like hydras and dragons, everyone wants them fighting something...
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Terran is accepted :3

Sometime later today I'll be able to put up a picture of Kader, along with a map of southern Arcan.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:40 pm

I wish to jion this. My sheet will be up either Monday or Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Well, I finally finished editing that Shire Sketch, and I think I did a pretty good job, too. This is kind of what Edur looks like.

Once in Light - Page 2 C4gt
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Ooh... he looks nice. Not quite how I imagined him, but close enough that it was most likely my fault, not your description.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Well, I did the editing the best I could, but the main issue is that the spikes on the mane and hooves aren't as sharp as I wanted them to look. They were supposed to be extremely jagged and wild-looking, but in the image, I couldn't stop myself from making them look more uniform. I used a render to give them that crystal-ish look, and the render was only so big...
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Edur looks like a creature from Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am

Alright. I have a map and a picture of Kader up, along with a little formatting on the OP.
It could probably be better, but It's fine how it is. Maybe I'll fix it later.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:28 am

Well, I heard Skyrim has great animation style, and tough-looking creatures, so...yeah, I think Edur's design is pretty good. I wanted to make a unicorn, but I didn't want to make something super feminine.

Also, for reference, Edur stands at 19 hands, which is really big, for a horse. This is a picture I found on the internet of a trainer and her 19 hands Shire Stallion, so this is kind of to give you an idea of how big Edur is.

Once in Light - Page 2 Tallest-horse
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:19 am

Alright... and since raptors average just the slightest bit taller than humans (mostly because of their necks)

He's still a good bit taller than Kader...
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:07 am

This is what I've got so far. Not sure if I like all the heads being so drastically different.

Once in Light - Page 2 Asmodeus_zpscc985a84

Last edited by True Night on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 pm

If it's a hydra and each head has a slightly different or separate personality, the different appearance of each head would reinforce that it's like five creatures sharing the same body. If not, and they all have the same general personality and intelligence, then it might be better to settle on a single look for all of them, so that there's not anything setting them apart. That's kind of how I imagine multiple-headed creatures.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Woah cool drawing ^u^ and also since Terran is smaller then a normal woman, she is way smaller then Edur.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:53 pm

I was going for different personalities, so it fits. Maybe I'll like it better when I color it.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Name: Mare Desiderii (Dez-ih-der-ee) ((Or just Desi for short.))

Race: Night Mare/Pooka

Age: No one ever really kept track. She's considered young, but adult.

Appearance:
Nighttime Look: A black horse that is slightly translucent, and stands a good eight inches taller than your average man. Her mane and tail are oddly wispy at the tips, and her hooves are rather misty as well. Her eyes glow white, and appear to be pupil-less. Her angles are sharper in this form, and she has sharp, jagged teeth.
Daytime Look: A dark gray horse that is slightly translucent, but completely solid. She stands a good six inches taller than your average man.  A whole mess of chains are tied around her midsection, tangled in impossible knots. Her tail and mane fade out into invisibility at the tips, as well as her hooves. In this form, she has the flat teeth of a herbivore. She also appears more docile and friendly in her daytime phase, with white eyes that do have pupils.

Personality:
Nighttime Personality: Desiderii is somewhat fearsome during the night. While remaining a calm, cool individual, she doesn't let much get in her way. She would rather watch an enemy try in vain to touch her than to solidify and fight someone merely because she felt like it. Mortals amuse her very much. Since it is her "job" to deliver bad dreams to those who deserve them, she has little sympathy for mortals during this guise. However, she is not completely heartless. She remembers those she has befriended during her daytime guise, and will not betray them simply because the sky has turned dark. Desiderii is a vassal to the goddess of the moon, Ranah.
Daytime Personality: Desiderii is much more complacent during the day than she is at night. She is more willing to help those few mortal friends that she has, and finds it satisfying to deliver daydreams to bored students or wistful people with little. She has to be careful with whom she associates with however, because many people would seek to capture a Pooka and make her a work horse. Being constantly on guard has made her shy, and this causes her to startle easily.

Skills: Like any magical horse-being, Desiderii can run extraordinarily fast. A bite or a kick should be avoided at all costs, since horses have powerful jaws and legs. She has very good eyesight for an equine, since she is primarily a nocturnal creature.

Powers:
Nighttime Powers: Desiderii can phase through solid objects, such as walls, rocks, and even living material like plants or animals. This only works in the dark, mind you. She has the ability to project dreamlets** into a person's mind, usually as a form of communication as she can't speak normally. She has the power to give people bad dreams during the night, and also makes an excellent delivery service.
It is advised to not ride a Night Mare, as it will cost you your soul.
Daytime Powers: Being a Pooka during the day has its benefits and its disabilities. She doesn't have to eat like a normal equine, because a Pooka is a form of undead horse. (Ghost horses, basically, for those of you who don't know what a Pooka is.) While appearing to be mostly vapor, this is an illusion. She is solid in her daytime state, but the only thing keeping her this way are the chains tied about her midsection. In her daytime guise, Desiderii can communicate with telepathic dreamlets, allowing her to speak.

**A note on "dreamlets." They are like daydreams, only less distracting and can be projected to entire groups if need be. Inside the dreamlet Desiderii can assume any for she wishes. It's all an illusion anyway.

Items: Chains. Horses that aren't solid most of the time don't carry very much. If she can attach it to the chains it will stay with her though. (Also, these chains vanish in her nighttime guise.)

History: Desiderii comes from a clan of Night Mares that inhabit the moon, and were called down by Ranah to inhabit Arcan and to be the goddess' servants. Desiderii is a bit different from other Night Mares, as she has a daytime form. Most Night Mares simply retreat to a realm of shadows to wait out the day. Desiderii does not know where she acquired this mastery of both day and night, and seeks it out with fervency.

Other: Fire and Light!
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Accepted :3

This is looking pretty good...
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:13 am

Nice i think ill join too give me a day or two and ill have my sheet up as well
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:56 am

My cousin's name is Mad Wolf. o.O
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:01 am

Well my name is Angelwolf.
More specifically Wolf Angel, but still.
That's (kinda) actually my name <:D
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Well my name usualy changes depending on how i feel
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:12 pm

I stink at character sheets.... anyways.... here's the one I've been working on~
tell me if I need to change anything~

Name: Aiko (no last name)

Race: Kitsune

Appearance: Aiko is a kitsune, which is basically in Japanese folklore a fox spirit. Aiko, in her fox form, looks like any regular red and white fox, only she can talk. Simple, right? However, Aiko spends most of her time in her kitsune tsuki form, which is pretty much her human form, because she finds it easier to go into towns in such a state (Also that way you don’t have to worry about hunters shooting you). In her human form, Aiko is the average height and weight for an 18 year old girl. Her hair is wavy, extending to the middle of her back and has an orange tint to it. Her eyes are a light brown color, though when she gets upset they seem to almost glow in fury. Aiko’s skin is a pale color despite the large amount of times she spends outside. This is probably because her human form is only made to make her seem human, not have the physical changes any normal human being would. (Even though she looks human, she’s still a fox spirit, after all) The most noticeable traits Aiko’s human form has, though, is her fox ears and tail. While she can easily hide the traits, Aiko prefers to have these features showing so others can tell she is not really a human.

Clothing wise for her human form, Aiko dresses casually, as it is the best way to dress when travelling. What Aiko finds comfortable is a white, flannel button-down shirt with a pair of black cloth pants. The sleeves of her shirt are usually rolled up to the elbows and her pants sport a plain belt that’s been dyed orange. Aiko also carries a small leather bag with her that contains various survival essentials. Aiko wears a pair of leather sandals that are painted orange and red. One item you will never see Aiko without is a beaded necklace she wears that is a simple brown string with a ruby star on it.
In Aiko’s fox form, the only two items you see her with is her necklace and leather bag. It does surprise people at times when they see a fox with a bag.

Personality: Aiko is known for being very headstrong and stubborn. She is mostly reckless whenever she hears an insult, throwing an affront back. Miraculously, this behavior hasn’t gotten her into many fights. However, despite her recklessness, Aiko is compassionate once someone becomes her friend, and whenever she becomes one’s ally, she is an ally for life. (Basically, loyal when befriended) Also, despite her usual impulsive attitude, Aiko is usually willing to help those in need. Aiko is known mostly for enjoying exploring, as it is what she spends most of her time doing with her lifestyle being mostly nomadic.

Skills: Aiko is good at two things that don’t seem to fit her personality: sewing and cooking. There is an explanation to this, however. Being a traveller, she had to learn how to survive on her own. So, Aiko learned to make her own clothing and cook. Aiko is also good with hunting, whether it be in her fox form or her human form (though it’s mostly done in fox form). When hunting in human form, Aiko still uses close-range hunting, as it is easier for her having grown up being trained in such a way.

Powers: If you haven’t figured it out yet, Aiko can transform from fox form to human form as she pleases (though many kitsune can do this). Also, in her human form, Aiko can choose to replace any human body part with that of a fox’s. With each fox trait she has, Aiko has a few special skills. Her fox ears make her able to hear much farther than most, and her fox tail can provide a better means of balance and speed. Fox eyes provide better eyesight, and so on and so forth.

Items: In Aiko’s bag, she has some food that’s good for travelling such as dried meat (the meat is caught by her when she hunts in fox form) and she also has a few changes of clothes along with a small wooden box that contains a few needles and some thread. Aiko also carries a silver dagger on her belt whenever she’s in her human form.

History: Aiko had a normal kitsune childhood. She grew up both in the wilderness and in a human village, as many kitsune do. While the kitsune spend their time in the wilderness hunting, they would bring their various game from the hunting trips into the village and trade with others. While Aiko had a good childhood, she was always curious about other places and often times wanted to explore and would often times get in trouble for wandering too far from the allowed areas.

When she turned sixteen, the age when a kitsune is considered full grown and free to go, Aiko received her kitsune necklace. Each kitsune receives a necklace with a sign of some sort on it whenever they turn sixteen. The sign is supposed to reflect the kitsune’s personality. Aiko’s sign is a star, signifying her free willed spirit and constant yearning to explore. This is the necklace she always wears with pride and is never seen without it. Not long after turning sixteen, Aiko decided to go exploring. So, she packed her bags, made sure she was wearing her kitsune necklace, and headed out. Aiko has taken on a nomadic lifestyle and has been exploring ever since then.

Other: Fire and light! :3
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once in Light
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next