Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once in Light

Go down 
+8
FlowerFox
JunkMail
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
True Night
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

Once in Light - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:38 pm

I'll get mine eventually. I hate making these things, but they are a needed evil for RPs to function.

A combo of Sleeping issues and Geeky distracrions has kept me from making one thus far.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Accepted.
Good luck with that character sheet :3
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:58 am

Name: Lilith

Race: Demon

Appearance: Click here.

Personality: Lilith pretends to play nice, but at the core she is cruel and manipulative like the majority of demons. She feels that she is superior to most beings, but doesn't usually show it. The exception is when dealing with humanoid mortals, whom she scorns openly. The demoness likes to make small talk, but there can be little doubt that it somehow furthers her goals.

Skills: After living for thousands of years Lilith has become proficient at a multitude of things. Foremost she has a silver tongue and can often sway people without the use of her powers. Secondly she is adept at all forms of combat, whether it be ranged, melee or unarmed. In addition, her numerous disguises have required her to take on many personas. As a result she has become an excellent actor. Lastly Lilith has a knack for alchemy and she is able to concoct a variety potions and elixirs from memory.

Powers:
Supernatural: Lilith is one with the eternal darkness and all consuming flames of the abyss. She can both create and manipulate hellfire and shadows as she sees fit. Also at her disposal are mighty infernal chains that drain the targets vitality. Her non offensive abilities include, flight, darkvision, fast healing, illusions, mind effects, telepathy and short range teleportation. As a demon, Lilith possesses incredible, strength, speed and perception. She benefits from all sources of heat or darkness; while being immune to aging, poison, disease, and electricity. Attacks imbued with cold iron or from a holy source do a number on her, but she is highly resistant to all other forms of damage.
Magic: Over her unnaturally long life Lilith has dabbled in the dark arts and is considered a gifted mage by mortal standards. However, her inherent talents are far more effective; so she finds herself mostly casting utility spells. The uses are near limitless, but under no circumstances can she harness the light.

Items: Lilith’s only permanent possession is an enchanted ring. It is forged of ornate gold and has strange markings engraved in its band. Clawlike prongs clutch a oversized ruby that glows with an eerie light. Striking a deal with the wearer results in a binding contract.

History: Lilith has been all over the spectrum. Her experience ranges from fighting on the front lines of countless wars, to conducting espionage, and even playing diplomat. Her most recent task has brought her to the mortal world. An elaborate series of kidnappings has caught her attention and she is here to do business.

Other: Lilith cannot enter or leave a properly constructed pentagram while it's creator still lives. Those who learn her true name and have attained the proper knowledge may attempt to banish or summon her from any plane of existence. The later is extremely dangerous and will result death if done incorrectly.

Fire and Light.

Last edited by True Night on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:03 am

Accepted. I'll put it in the character post tomorrow.
It's rather difficult to mass copy/paste and format on a phone.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:39 am

Goody, this will be fun.

Also I changed my character portrait.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:04 pm

cool picture ^w^ I need to get to work on Aiko's drawing

also since I've found this cute vocaloid fox song since I was bored and wanting to find a song for Aiko- this won't be her song, but still... I like it ^w^
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Still putting it off.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:10 pm

lol same but ill try and work on it today
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Glad you like the picture. I think it's evident that I'm no longer going to play as a Hydra, but when I do finish coloring that drawing I'll post it in the art section of general discussion.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:46 pm

I was wondering if I could make a second character, and if so, I'm torn right now between several ideas, one of which True Night inspired. Either way, both ideas I have right now are different kinds of female characters. Can anyone help me pick one out, if I'm allowed to make a second?

The first female character I was going to make was going to be a kind of counterpart to Edur. This character would be a pegasus, and almost the exact opposite physically of the unicorn, being small, delicate, and light as a feather. She wouldn't be able to run very fast, like a normal horse, but she would be an extremely fast flier, and would control the element of water, as wings is just physical, but clouds are made out of water, and pegasi are supposed to walk on clouds and control the weather, to an extent. Like Edur, she wouldn't really be concerned much about finding food, as she can eat grass, but she'd be more interested in trading and making deals, mostly for small things, like for a night's stay in someone's stables for the night, because she's not strong enough to defend herself in a bad fight.

The second character, is more like three in one, inspired by True Night's hydra. I have the idea of making a three-headed dragon, each head with a separate personality, and the dragon itself would be female. The left and right heads would control the body's wings, but would constantly argue, and therefore seldom coordinate enough to achieve proper flight. Like the Hideous Zippleback from HTTYD, one head would breathe gas, and the other would create a spark to light it. The center head does not possess fire, or any other fancy ability, but is very smart, and controls the legs, permitting the entire dragon to walk. However, like someone caught between two friends fighting, the middle head is stuck between the two heads that argue.

Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 am

I would personally go with the first one, but they would both work. I usually don't play creatures with multiple heads with multiple personalities... I don't actually play hydras much at all, but chimerae... I really like them :3

It's usually more like... He uses different heads depending on his mood, or sometimes more than one.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 2:07 pm

i like the first idea the most, as well :3
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:48 pm

well i think the first one seems about 20% cooler XD than your second idea seeing as how it seems abit difficult to work with not to mention usefullness if they argue alot
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm

I agree with what the others said, although it would make a lot of horse characters.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Hooray for horses!
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:47 pm

That would make a lot of horse characters though...
I dunno. It doesn't matter that much.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:53 pm

What if I made a Character Based on Cerebus?
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 pm

That would be fine. In fact, he might meet another of his kind...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:29 pm

I've already started working on the sheet, I'm doing the pegasus.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 12:56 pm

So is the IC gonna be up soon or are you waiting for a few more members? :3
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Well I'm going the try to work on my Sheet today. Now That I got All the Geeky stuff I've done to my Laptop out of the way I'm more or less free for a good chunk of the day.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Ok.
IC is probably gonna go up when Stalker is done, after that there's a day of rp time to just mess around and get used to your characters, meet each other maybe, before the story starts.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 1:49 pm

So you know I won't be doing too much RPing till Monday. I'll hopefully be able to slip in a few posts over the weekend, but Overall I'm gonna be busy most of it. I'm going home tonight and seeing my Dad on Saturday. I'm gonna be away from computers and the Internet till around 3ish. Then If my Nephew comes over there goes the rest of my Weekend.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Sorry for the double post in advance. And I hope this sheet is okay. I'm really making a lot of Assumptions here and may have to scrap a lot of this sheet if I'm wrong about any of it.

Name: Kerben

Race: Cerbian

Age: It's hard to really tell, but about 50. More about this below.

Appearance: Kerben is best describe as looking like the Mythical beast Cerberus. The most distinctive difference being he has only two head instead of the historically accepted three.

The rest of is general appearance is that of a large hound, about thrice the height of a your standard Doberman to be exact. In terms of color he's mostly a dark grey over the majority of his body with a few splashed of white and black. The area it covering being the truck of his body from about the base of his tail all the up the top of his neck and about half the length of his legs. The rest of his legs being a white color after a brief transition from the grey. As for his head its a lighter grey with a few splashes of white and black. His tail is of similar coloration with the only notable difference being the red flare at the tip of it. The red is also present on the majority of his ears and paws. Being that he is a rather beastly creature he has rather sharp K-nines and claws. So he can hold his own in a fight.

Personality: Being that he has two heads he has two personalities. While not always the case with multi-headed creatures; each is capable in independent thought. And both are highly intelligent. They obviously enjoy each others company. And they enjoy the Company of others they don't perceive as a threat. However since they see most folks as a threat they stay away from most folks.

However they have differing personalities. And it's based on the way the see the world. The left head Has the ability to see the future to an extent( I'll explain below). So thus he's always focused on it and how they can change, shape and prepare for it. He's an optimist really. He can see how things may go wrong, but he also sees the good that can be accomplished. Especially compared to the horrors the world's already been through. How could it get any worse than that? So he tries to find the good in others and keep his other half from wasting away in a spiraling depression.

The right head can similarly see the past. So he's always focused on Their mistakes and how to learn from them as well as finding what worked and how to improve upon it. This also means he can see the Arcan's dark past and the horrors of the wars witch it endured. Each time he looks into the past he can see reminders of it all over the place. this has left it's mark on his personality. He's seen nearly first hand what truly happened back then. That with what his other self tells him of the future has left him pessimistic and untrusting of suspicious strangers.

Skills: Being as he is a large Canine creature he can obviously fight. Mostly involving his massive jaws and claws. he's also keen at hunting and track prey as well. In time past he's have been treated as deities at times, but normally he has to fend for himself and he's just fine with that.

Powers: I mentioned a few thing above I said I'd expand upon.

Age- it's difficult to establish his overall age. Kerben has lived a really long time, but he really doesn't know how long. Periodically he has to Regenerate his body in order to keep living. He tends to take Quite a bit of damage when fighting. That and eventually old age takes it's toll on his body. He then has to more or less Die. It's essentially a deep sleep akin to a coma really. During that time His body heals itself by using up it's internal magic reserves. It typically takes a few months to a few years to complete, depending on the type and severity of the damage his body has taken. They only issue with this process aside from the time it takes is that his memories are wiped in the process. Because of this he makes a copy of them involving a kind of magical memory storage. But they're never truly his after that. It's more like reading a book.

It's been 50 years since his last one.

Time- I noted above that the right head can see into the past and the left head can see the future to a degree. Explanation time!

The Left head can't really see into the future per se. A more exact way to put it is he can see what the future MIGHT be. There are an infinant Number of 'Futures' that may or may not. He can see these and can figure out which is the most likely to happen, but sometime there are several choices that could likely happen. He bases his decisions on those outcomes. However each decision changes what he sees. so the future in in a constant state of flux.

The right Head can see the immediate past as it happened. He can literally watch it like a play or a movie. However he can't interact with it or change it. He can see any event at any time really, but the further back it is the less detail of it he can see. He chooses to block out most the mundane events in history however. Mostly for his own sanity.

In addition to his ability to Dynamically see time he has two ranged attacks as well. As per the course they belong to one head or the other. The left head has a searing heat based plasma blast and the Right head has a Chilling Sub-zero freezing blast.

Items: Non really. He has an enchanted Anklet that let's his store things in a small pocket of no space, but that's it.

History: really he doesn't know anything about where he's from. Sadly he didn't figure out how to store his memories until he'd already regenerated a couple times. All he knows is that he's the only one of his kind that he's aware of.  He's never met another creature like him. He's always been on the move. He's never settled anywhere longer that a few years. So he's been to most regions of the Southern Landmass of Arcan. At some point he want's to explore the Northern Landmass, but for now it's not a major concern.

Other: This is just a thought I didn't know were to stick. It involves how his minds work. When it comes to each head they have their own brains, but they still share the same body. Basically they both control it. However they're always aware of what the other one is thinking via some sort of Telepathy. So they always find a way to compromise and work toward s their common goals. Thus he'll never wind up fighting himself.

I'm sure I let out something else, but I'm not sure of it. I'll update this sheet later if I can remember what it was. With permission of course.

Also: Fire and Light

Last edited by The Stalker of Shadows on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 5:11 pm

A Cerberus was one of the characters I considered. Great minds think alike Very Happy

Looking forward to starting the IC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once in Light   Once in Light - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once in Light
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next