Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Of the Night IC

Go down 
+2
Maxx
True Night
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
True Night
Killer
True Night

Of the Night IC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 am

Lord Gerald Albescu and the vampire

The vampire was about to charge Alistair again when it was hit with a burst of flame. It shrieked out, but the majority of the damage was done to it's gown, which was quite flammable. She looked at Alistair and John with a look of pure hatred. Now her outfit was threadbare, and very revealing. It was no consequence to the monster, and she took a moment to choose her next direction of attack. What she overlooked was Gerald coming out of the passage with sword in one hand and a hand crossbow in the other. There was no bolt loaded, instead when he pulled the trigger a pellet of light streaked forward.

Thinking that it was a normal projectile, the vampiress tried to catch it from midair. By the time she saw the light it was too late. A burn hole seeming appeared through her hand, and she cried out in anguish. She attempted to wrest the shield from John and throw it at Lord Albescu, but the strength potion he took made him not so easily disarmed. Instead she had put herself in a bad position, one that may cost her life.

Valdus

"There is a great deal of creatures that I haven't encountered. You're right about humans taking up arms against the supernatural though." Valdus was confident enough that decided to share that sometimes monsters are employed to take each other out. "I've had contracts to kill vampires and werewolves in the past. Takes the best to kill the best. I'm somewhat of a traveler and a mercenary, though I haven't had any contracts in some time now." Based on how knowledgeable she seemed to be about humans he guessed that she'd somehow been around them before. "If you don't mind me asking, you seem to be rather in touch with civilization. Are you in touch with humans somehow?"
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:46 am

Cadenza tilted her head to one side her eyes narrowing slightly, as though the mention of being a mercenary made her wary, "You could say that, yes, though technically speaking, there are plenty of creatures capable of disguising themselves so that nobody can tell what they truly are. Though I am currently in my true form, I can transform into a woman, if I choose to do so. I wander into villages and find out interesting things, though my main focus, of course, is supernatural happenings, hunters, the way humans view them." She began tapping one claw again, "It is sad, that creatures now hunt one another, though because you yourself are a creature, and one that simply follows orders in return for payment, that alone has saved you. I am a peaceful creature, by nature, but for most monster hunters, I do not care for them, and in fact wish most of them were dead. I do not trust them to make the judgement of who is good and who is bad, because they have made grave mistakes before. Not all vampires and werewolves genuinely mean harm, but vampires must feed on human blood, and werewolves do not have the self-control to stop themselves. You may regard me as one who looks at the world in shades of grey, versus black and white."

She then flicked one ear, "May I inquire of your name? Mine is Cadenza, it would be rude of me not to introduce myself."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:11 am

Vesta nodded, a wide almost dumb looking grin spreading across her face, as Grinda began to lay down the rules. And although she nodded understanding, Vesta knew she would be breaking the rules eventually. Even if her hair could bite, Vesta was itching to braid something. And Grinda would look even more amazing with some red lip color and blue eyeshadow. But Vesta really didn't know that much about makeup. But as for the bedroom rule, Vesta knew she wouldn't be breaking that one any time soon. Vesta had her own things hiding in her bedroom, things she would never want anyone to see. Vesta clapped her hands together when Grinda asked about what satyrs did for fun. "Oh Grinny Satyr parties are the best!" Vesta said, sitting cross-legged on her floor. "We tell stories, and eat food, and drink ale, and sing and dance and pull pranks on humans!"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:31 am

As he cruised through the air, Morlach spotted something, a cave in the mountainside. This perked his interest, so he flew closer. As he approached, he saw two figures sitting in the mouth of the cave. One appeared to be a large bird, and the other a human. Humans he had seen, but this large bird was new.
Coming closer, he slowed down almost to a hover as he neared the entrance.

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Cadenza heard the flapping of scaly wings before she saw it, dragons and wyverns weren't known for the gift of silent flight, and generally, bat-like wings were louder than feathered ones. She looked up at the approaching reptilian creature, and her ears lowered, "Goodness, how many visitors will I be getting today? Maybe I should find a different cave." She said dryly. Her home had been intentionally chosen because it was easier for her to get to, but also easier to defend, and moreover, hide. Now she was getting two different intelligent creatures as visitors in one day. So much for having a home people wouldn't be able to locate. Cadenza was generally neutral regarding wyverns and dragons, and she was generally calmer the more legs they had. If they were completely limbless, though, she was very uneasy, for her species had a brutal rivalry with all manner of snakes and serpents, and she was often unsure if she should treat a dragon as such. This one was narrow in shape, with large wings that connected further down on the body, a clear indicator of it being a faster one. The wind carried the smell of ash to her nose, clearly a fire-breather, not some other element.

Regardless if she had a neutral regard to wyverns, Cadenza knew better than to completely trust them. Greed and vanity was prevalent among them, and they often treated others in a ruthless manner, and if there was any plunder to be taken, they would take it, nobody could tell them otherwise. The mercenary had made her nervous, but seeing as he was much the gentleman, for lack of a better word, she could tolerate his presence, even enjoy it, to a certain degree. The wyvern was a different story, what would it think of a Simurgh, a bird-like creature with the head of a dog and the claws of a lion, a bizarre fusion of mammal and bird. Not only that, but the metallic, armored-looking quality of her feathers? She couldn't be quite sure, although if it had seen her, it might have been curious. Local creatures weren't familiar with her kind, so it was for the best that Cadenza still try to remain pleasant. Besides, in the case this wyvern was like some of the others, she had nothing of value to steal.

"Hello, there, what brings you here?" She called up to it.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:40 pm

"I noticed your cave and was curious" Morlach replied. "I must say I have never seen your kind before. Who and what are you, might I ask?" Morlach landed at the edge of the cave, and as he exhaled he blew some smoke from his nostrils.
He looked over the strange bird and the human with her. They didn't appear to have anything of value really, but it would be a good idea to watch a bit longer to see.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Valdus

Valdus listened with interest to what the Simurgh had to say. He didn't bother to let in on exactly why his services were sought after. It wasn't so much of him trying to save his hide, as his employers trying to save theirs. Also the fact that his employers were rarely human. "Not many share your view on the creatures of the night, then again you are closer to one of us than a human." It didn't occur to him to introduce himself, probably because that even though Cadenza could become humanoid, right now she was clearly a magical creature. "Ah yes, of course. My name is Valdus."

The sound of great wings also grabbed Valdus's attention. What he saw when he turned around made him tense. He hadn't had the best experience with dragons, and had killed quite a few over the years. If this small one wanted trouble, it was making a grave mistake. There were valuables on his belt, but they were unlikely to tempt the Wyvern. Unless it was truly desperate for treasure. His fingers grew claws as the beast landed. "Whatever it is you seek, you won't find it here." The manner in which he spoke was resolute, and one wrong move from this third party would cause him to spring into action.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:54 am

Cadenza tilted her head to one side, "I am a Simurgh, and it is not uncommon for one to be unaware of what I am. You're the second creature today to ask me that question, and mere minutes after the first, might I add." She was very good, to say the least, at trying to cover up her unease, and remain calm. Valdus needed to be careful, fire-breathers could torch an entire forest, and more specifically, this one would likely burn all the protective brambles that she had made grow about the area around her cave to deter enemies. Cadenza could easily make them grow back, but they had become a very dense work of knots since the time she had done so, and they were so thick that they were almost like a solid wall. To say the least, it was the greatest example of what a Simurgh could do using its subtler magics. She also did not want to fight a Wyvern, if it came right down to it. This one was about the same size as her, roughly, but the difference was one of them had scales and the other didn't. Cadenza was probably a faster flier, and both a wyvern and a Simurgh were capable of using distance attacks in the air. The question was whether or not her sharp feathers could pierce the scales or not. Generally, she thought they could do so, they had quite a strong effect on werewolves and vampires, and the wounds didn't immediately heal after they were made.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 4:10 am

Morlach listened to them, then responded "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the simurgh." He didn't like the human's attitude, and considered roasting him. "Interesting. So what side does a simurgh take amongst vampires and werewolves?" he inquired, his orange eyes boring into the both of them. By now he had definitely concluded that they had nothing of value on them.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 4:42 am

Valdus

"Oh is that so?" Valdus roared with laughter. "Dragons are particularly arrogant, so I won't hold it against you. There's some among my kind that'd have ripped your wings off for that." It was unclear whether he was serious or not. What was for certain is that he wasn't intimidated. Out in the wilds he was much more bold, because he didn't have to worry about causing a scene. He put away his claws and stood by. They'd be out again soon enough should the Wyvern take offense.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:10 am

Cadenza looked between the Wyvern and Valdus, a bit of worry mixed with irritation playing across her features, for her dog-like face was rather expressive. Her snout wrinkled slightly, and there was a bit of a growl from the back of her throat, "I am trying to be hospitable, to both of you, and Valdus, you have been a gentleman, but if you insist on picking a fight where my home could be damaged in the process, I am going to have to ask you and the Wyvern to leave and cut the conversation short." Her feathers ruffled. "I set aside many cross-species hostilities, but that does not mean I do not have a temper."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:35 am

"Temper, temper." Morlach chuckled at the simurgh. He then resumed glaring, "Although I would suggest you keep it in check, lest you get yourself in a bad situation." he replied with a growl of his own. Some smoke puffed out of his nostrils, and the cave began to take on a slight hint of ash and smoke.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Cadenza snorted, a harsh, flute-like noise coming from the thirty nostril-holes in her beak. "Don't threaten someone who is merely making their point." Her ears lowered, "You, being a Wyvern, would simply deal with the problem and likely just burn offenders to a crisp. I don't have that luxury, the worst I can do is curse people and make brambles grow in their vegetable garden, and maybe taint their water supply with algae, subtle Simurgh magic warped to make all the undesirable things show up, versus the plentiful bounty of the land." She explained, "Now, before anything gets any worse, I suppose I should say I, too, have a profession of sorts. In response to your previous questions, I am neutral regarding both vampires and werewolves, though the vampire's appetite repulses me, and the lack of self-control of werewolves makes me uneasy. However, despite being neutral, most vampires and werewolves would probably appreciate my presence, considering what I do. Now, for what I do, that is very simple, if monster hunters simply kill supernatural beings and immortals left and right, and don't think about the individual, they hurt the small population that could probably keep their human food supply from running out. Some vampires survive on the minimum amount of blood, and some werewolves retreat into the woods to hide on nights of the full moon, to minimize the chances of killing humans in wolf form. I should know, one such werewolf happens to be my only neighbor. With this in mind, what I do, is I find out where these monster hunters live, and rip them apart personally, and trust me, that is a very violent thing for any member of my kind to do. Regardless, I have a vendetta on them, and it has less to deal with them killing mythical beings, and everything to deal with them not thinking before they took action against someone."
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Sir John and Alastair

John actually laughed as the Vampiress struggled to wrench the shield from his grasp. He pulled it from her grasp and wrapped his left arm around her, pressing the sharp metal edge of the shield against her throat so that she couldn't reach back and bite him through his armor. In his right hand was a silver dagger that he held out in front of him, leveled at the vampire's heart. Before he stabbed her, however, John whispered in her ear,

"You are a very, very stupid vampire." He plunged the silver dagger into her heart and she screamed in pain. He twisted the knife, shredding her heart, and then pulled it out. The dagger was coated in thick blood. He wiped it on her badly-singed dress and let the corpse drop to the ground. It would begin to decompose quickly, and he wanted to be gone before that happened. Alastair began to limp around the room, bleeding from several wounds. He sniffed around, trying to smell the scent of other vampires. As he did so, John sheathed his dagger and took out his pistol. He walked to the vampire's coffin at the other end of the room and pulled the trigger, drenching the wooden box in scarlet flames. He walked back to the vampire and, as was customary with his killings, closed her eyes. The last thing he did before heading to the stairwell was pull a white rose from out of a pocket on his belt and place it on the vampire's chest, just above the stab wound. The rose was his calling card, and when other vampires saw it they would know who did this deed.

"Well that was fun." John said, walking towards Abescu "We should do this again sometime."

"I don't smell any more vampires." Alastair shouted from across the room, standing to his full height "I guess she's it."

"Excellent." John replied "We'll be back to the castle in time for tea! Now let's get out of here. I don't want to be present when that corpse starts to decompose."

Grinda

I swear to Satan that if she calls me "Grinny" one more time I'm going to tear her throat out and eat her kidneys for lunch. "Grinny" was hoping that this would be over soon so that she could get this satyr to leave. Grinda couldn't help letting her inner-girl shine a bit though, as she looked at the Satyr's rather unattractive clothing. She knew of a white Greek-style gown that she had that would go fantastically with Vesta's hair. She almost wanted to bite herself for thinking that, and speaking of biting changed her nest of snakes back into black hair.

"So if we're being girls, now," Grinda began, trying to contain her inner psychopath "what is the deal with your hair? It's unnaturally short. I have a formula for a hair growth potion if you'd like, as well as a nice brew for other less...developed areas." Grinda gestured at Vesta's rather undeveloped breasts. Grinda figured that she could take this opportunity to use Vesta as a guinea pig for some cosmetic potions that she had picked up from a French witch a few years before. The witch was prestigious and famous for her work, but Grinda always tested cosmetic potions on someone else before using it on herself, something she picked up after she once accidentally filled her breasts with helium and floated away.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Valdus

This dragon was didn't seem that wise to Valdus. It either had a terrible sense of smell, or was ignoring the main threat. Not that Cadenza was to be taken lightly, but he wouldn't hesitate to show the Wyvern a thing or two, whereas she was trying to keep the peace. He decided to turn down the hostility a little, as per the Simurgh's request of not picking a fight. "Speak for yourself. This is her home, and she wants you gone I'm happy to oblige." The smell of ash and smoke didn't bother him, but their hostess couldn't enjoy it. "You mind cooling down a bit, so it doesn't smell like a volcano." In truth he'd stood by an active mountain before, and this was nothing by comparison, but he didn't care to provoke the reptile further.

Valdus turned to Cadenza once more. "So you go after monster hunters. If I may say so, they have enough trouble as it is. And what about the hunters that truly only take down wicked beasts? I myself am a hunter at times, would you ever go after me?" He was pretty laid back about it, despite the seriousness of the subject.

Lord Gerald Albescu

Even with the vampire slain, Gerald didn't relax. He looked at the white flower John placed on her body with disgust, but he didn't act upon it. "You two are fools if you think I called you here for this." His hand motioned to the corpse. "She is naught but a babe compared to the real enemy. One of his progeny. He'll know were here now if he didn't already, leaving would be a death sentence." Lord Albescu continued deeper into the catacombs. "If he's not dead by nightfall we will be hunted one by one." Up ahead was a metal portcullis. One heave told him that it wouldn't budge for any mortal, even one on a strength potion. "How good are you at controlling yourself, wolf? I doubt this will budge for you in human form." Even then he wasn't sure if he'd be able to lift it. A master vampire was much stronger than any of them could ever hope to be.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:08 am

"Good enough." Alastair replied, walking over to the gate. John shrugged and walked over next to Alastair. He pushed the wolf, who was now pulling on the portcullis with all his might, out of the way, and took a small black sphere out of his pocket. John pressed the sphere against the center of the gate and it stuck like glue. Both of them walked to the opposite end of the room and John drew his pistol. he fired at the black sphere and it exploded violently, spewing green flames across the room. A hole large enough for all three of them to enter through was now in the portcullis, and John stepped through, switching his actual gun with the fire gun. Any vampire that jumped out would be drenched in flames. Alastair followed John in, claws at the ready to slash at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:49 am

"If you insist" Morlach replied, and the smoke from his nostrils ceased. He was now rather certain this human was anything but. He was unarmed, yet he was unafraid, not even cautious. Then there was the smell....like an animal covered in fur. "Alright human. So what are you really? Your smell doesn't' add up, and you are too fearless for a monster hunter." He glared at Valdus.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:04 am

Cadenza flicked one ear, and looked up at Morlach, before thinking about how he had already snapped at someone once, and deciding against saying anything. She looked at Valdus, "In response to your question, Valdus, whether or not I would choose to go after you would depend. If you were given a contract to kill me, then it would go without speaking that I would have to fight and kill you. I would likewise not take kindly if someone told you to go kill my neighbor, considering that she is not a werewolf who likes to regard humans as prey, and lives in the middle of nowhere close to my home for the sole reason of trying to prevent herself from targeting them in the bloodlust that overtakes a werewolf when they transform. I suppose, the answer to your question is no, I would rather not go after you, unless you target someone I personally knew. You can trust that the company that I keep is not from the same ranks warring over their dwindling supply of humans." Her eyes then narrowed, "As for true monster hunters, they asked for trouble when they decided to go after supernatural and immortal beings, so I gave it to them. Their presence makes it impossible for me to have a life of safety and security. If I choose to have children, I will not have these bold humans threatening them. They've already proven that they may attack without knowing their opponent, and I cannot forget, nor forgive that."
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:23 am

Valdus

Valdus was pleased that the Wyern acknowledged him and decided to back down, but he didn't show it. He decided there was no need to lie about what he was. "I am a rare breed of lycanthrope." His eye's glimmered with a fiery red for just a moment before returning his gaze to Cadenza.

The two of them were similar in some ways. Like Valdus, she tries to stick to her own for the most part. Her confidence especially. Were Cadenza male, or without a human form he would of likely contested the part about killing him. It was her home and she didn't say it for the sake of boasting, so he let it go. "Oh trust me, I know about bloodlust. Where is this neighbor of yours? It's been a long time since I've talked with a neutral or lone werecreature." While he wasn't exactly uninvolved in conflict enveloping the land, he was nothing like the packs immersed in the middle of it all.

He couldn't argue with her thoughts on monster hunters. A surprisingly large number of his kills were in self defense. However, never had he taken it upon himself to hunt them down. Enough found him as it was.

Lord Gerald Albescu

Before the group the hallway opened up into a hexagonal chamber. Equidistant from each other, and pointing inward were six identical marble coffins. The ceiling was too high for the light to reach, leaving utter darkness beyond borders. "Well have to check all of them." said Lord Albescu in a normal tone. No matter of whispering would keep them form being overheard, so he didn't bother. They may of had the fiend trapped, but this was his domain. He motioned for the John and Alistair to cover each others backs. If he got behind any one of them even for a moment it would be over. Looking around the room, there was no indicator of which may be holding their target, and if there were other vampires they'd have to be dealt with as well. So he walked over to the one closest to the door. Once he got a good grip on it he began to lift the heavy slab of stone.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Asyla sighed as she became bored. She decided she'd gather ingredients for the next youth potion. She'd have to make it soon because the youth in her would not last forever. She sat Midnight on the groun and walked back into the room where her massive black cauldron was. It was a room sealed off from the rest of the house.

In cabinets she removed hideous things. Organs and body parts from actual humans and grotesque ornaments and elements collected from animals and other various muck and scums. She laid everything out on a table and looked at her black spell book laying on a small podium. Afterwards she walked back upstairs. It was late enough. After undressing, she slipped back into her bed covered in blankets. But these blankets were odd. They looked to be made of black, raven feathers. She quickly closed her pale blue eyes to drift off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:38 pm

Cadenza flicked one ear, "It would be difficult for me to be exactly specific, considering I mostly just fly over, but in regards to her home, it's about three miles west of here. Look for the vegetable garden that looks out of place, and then look around to see if you can spot the thick, spindly oak tree with the trapdoor between its roots. That's the entrance to her house, considering it's daytime, she should probably be outside, gardening or chopping wood. She probably won't be happy to see you, though, unless you say right away that you're a fellow were-creature and that I told you how to find her. Even then, she can be a recluse." She then seemed to ponder something, "Also, whenever you choose to visit, don't do it at night, in beast form, she frightens most, even other werewolves. It's like something that came out of a nightmare."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Vesta puffed out her cheeks in mock rage, trying not to be too offended. Vesta didn't get her hair commented on often. Animals didn't seem to mind and the only other visitors she got where the travelers she lured off the road. And they were often too scared for their lives to comment on something as insignificant as short hair on a lady. Vesta brushed her fingers though her hair, making it messier and messier. "I'll have you know that short hair is rather convenient, less to wash less to brush." Vesta smiled, adding in a snippy comment. "I should be asking about why your hair is literally snakes. I think they could use a trim, you would look great with short hair." Vesta leaned back in her chair, allowing herself to relax at her 'friends' house. "Plus, I've got a feeling that short hair will be 'in' in a couple of years, and you'll be regretting not getting on top of the fashion trends early."

However the next comment Grinda made made Vesta a bit angry. Now THAT was something she had been commented on by men who dare enter her section of the forest with the intent of taking from it. "Oh come on Grinny, I'm sixty years old, I'm at my prime!" She sat up again, keeping herself from glaring. "I don't want no fancy smancy potions."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Morgan was in her witches garden, harvesting the magical plants she used as ingredients in her potions and brews. First, she harvested blooms from the belladonna, and then wolfsbane sometimes called monkshood, which was not only lethal to werewolves, but a powerful ingredient in witchcraft, as well. Poison hemlock was also one of the things she collected in the harvest. Then, she came to the mandrake, perhaps the most dangerous plant in her garden of primarily poisonous things. She needed it's root, which was shaped like a person, and it was perhaps the most important ingredient she had. However, she knew better than to see it as harmless, if she pulled it up and it woke, it would give off an ear-splitting shriek that would probably be heard for miles. She had handled it before, but nevertheless, she did not want to repeat it.

Cautiously, she grabbed the stalk by the base of its stem, and heaved, pulling the root out of the rich soil. When she saw a slit open near the top of the root, she knew that once again, she had not noticed the sunrise while focusing on her task. The mandrake began to emit a high-pitched shriek, wailing, and Morgan dropped it, clamping her hands over her ears, tears welling into her eyes, as she tried to shut out the sound. It wasn't going to stop unless she put it back in the ground, but it was too late. Anyone within miles of her swamp would hear it. She was only lucky there wasn't a town nearby, it would have to be someone out in the woods.

She flinched, and took one hand off of her ear, weakly scrambling for the stalk in her shifting vision, and placed the mandrake back into the hole she had pulled it from. Hastily, she began to use both hands to spread dirt back over it, and finally, mercifully, the mandrake stopped its wailing. Her ears were still ringing, however, and it was worse, because she had hearing so sensitive she could hear a mouse's heartbeat under a foot of snow. There came an owl screech a distance away, and a large male barn owl landed in a branch above her, but his feathers were a charcoal and slate color, not brown. His face was pure white, and his dark eyes looked down at her in an almost accusing manner. Morgan looked up at the owl, smiling sheepishly, "Sorry, Myrick, I didn't mean to do that. Why didn't you tell me the sun was up?" She asked.

The owl remained silent.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 3:29 am

Alastair and John

"Well that's quite the plot twist." John seethed under his breath, frowning at the coffins. Marble meant that the coffins would be impenetrable to a wooden stake and fireproof, meaning that he was open to attack. He snuck to the first coffin, sword ready to plunge at the vampire's heart, and Alastair threw the lid off. It was empty. John sighed as they moved to the next one. They repeated the ritual, and it was still empty. Finally they came to a third coffin that was directly across from the door. Alastair began to pull off the lid and John held his sword in stabbing position above the coffin, ready to stab down and slay the vampire.

Grinda

"Oh, Vesty," Grinda said in a snakelike voice "you are sssssssooooooooo boring." Grinda yawned to show how bored she was and sat back down on her rock. If this satyr was really this unwilling to change, then Grinda would soon get tired of her and have some mutton for dinner. It was getting late anyhow, and she was getting hungry. Grinda thought of things to do but came up mostly blank. There was the scrying pool but Grinda didn't want anyone else but herself using it and so would save it as an absolute last resort.

"Oh come on!" Grinda said, a hint of desperation in her voice "There has GOT TO be sssomething you want changed, even temporarily! I'm absssssolutely dying to try these potionssss out!"
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Valdus

"That's more than enough information for me to find her." Valdus wasn't worried about announcing himself as a fellow lycanthrope, as she should immediately recognize him as such. Nor did he care about saying Cadenza sent him, or not visiting a night. But he nodded respectfully anyways. He'd seen were creatures with special attributes, but none as formidable as his own. In fact he concluded that she'd likely be scared of him, rather than the other way around. The wyvern's name wasn't important enough to stick around for, so he turned towards the ledge. "I'll be off then, maybe we'll cross paths again." With that his arms once more turned to wings, and he leaped off the edge. Valdus pulled a corkscrew, then vanished in a blur.

The garden patch that the Simurgh spoke of came into view momentarily. As he descended he could catch the inhabitants bestial scent, but he didn't yet see her. So he headed of in the direction of the oak all the while keeping on high alert.

Lord Albescu

The first coffin was empty, John and Alistair searched two others with the same result. He had a feeling about this forth one, because it was the was the farthest away from the entrance. With bated breath he took aim above the tomb. Like the others there was nothing to be found. That's when a tiny piece of mortar fell from the ceiling above.

"Get ba-" His words were cut off as cloaked figure landed on the marble casket and sent stone flying in all directions. He raised his head slowly and calmly as the mortals who'd come to challenge him gathered themselves. "I didn't even drain you son, I let him bleed out like a stuck pig, and now I'm going to do the same to you." Gerald let loose a bolt of light in outrage, but the vampire had already moved by the time he pulled the trigger. All it did was leave a scorch mark on the wall. "You obviously didn't think this through very well." His form flashed for an instant, followed by a sicking crunch and Lord Albescu being slammed against the wall. Crumpled and unmoving, it looked like he'd be sitting this one out. The monster swiveled towards the other two challengers daring them to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night IC   Of the Night IC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Of the Night IC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next